test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Not just another PvP qq thread

SFX_Royal - Storm LegionSFX_Royal - Storm Legion Posts: 89 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion
Everyone complains that they messed up the server.. but no one has looked at the bright side yet...
FF lv 77 gear is WAY better now. Boots are actually really good to buy and weapon is decent (for sins, weapon 560 atk now 656, boots 5032 now 5803 - but costs 70k and 35k respectively) not sure if the gear that others bought before changed though

Also, there are new purple necks and rings - 163 atk and 945 hp, or 197 and 945 hp. (210000 points, but they should be that expensive due to the insane hp boost)

Next time you qq, look for the good things. Also, the mistakes will be fixed in the future.. so I'm gonna come back in a week, maybe do ff for the new stuff..

- New realm change
- New instance
- SG for gem combining etc.
- Change server log-in to reduce lag

And for the people who think the game sucks and is not fair: why do you still play? Plenty of other games out there, which don't mess up, don't have many glitches, don't steal your money.
Remember, a game is a game, not work. When it's work you have problems.
Post edited by SFX_Royal - Storm Legion on
If you're on my block list :rolleyes:
Then I don't know who you are. Probably an angry troll.

Comments

• markyouknowwhomarkyouknowwho Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yeah i like the FF update \o/
  • Sabriele - Storm LegionSabriele - Storm Legion Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i heard that if thye hadnt broken the pvp armor guys there would be new 77 armor there too.
    Broken Avatar -- . --

IGN : Sabriele
    Class : Assassin
    Level : 80
    Tree : Venom
  • flamestraflamestra Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Everyone complains that they messed up the server.. but no one has looked at the bright side yet...
    FF lv 77 gear is WAY better now. Boots are actually really good to buy and weapon is decent (for sins, weapon 560 atk now 656, boots 5032 now 5803 - but costs 70k and 35k respectively) not sure if the gear that others bought before changed though

Also, there are new purple necks and rings - 163 atk and 945 hp, or 197 and 945 hp. (210000 points, but they should be that expensive due to the insane hp boost)

Next time you qq, look for the good things. Also, the mistakes will be fixed in the future.. so I'm gonna come back in a week, maybe do ff for the new stuff..

Exactly what precedent are you using for that statement? Don't recall seeing mistakes fixed.

Also- as a new~ player, its kind of hard to look at the "good things" when we have no chance of getting any of it, while old players now have twice the advantage.
  • SFX_Royal - Storm LegionSFX_Royal - Storm Legion Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    By 'mistakes being fixed in the future' I mean that the main ones, which vastly affect the game such as the pvp problem, will be fixed.
    ... Because chaos will ensue if it doesn't, so it is a priority. And if the newer admins can't handle this (such as the many other problems new players have been facing), I'm sure the old admins could come back temporarily to handle it (which they did well in the past).
    edited April 2013
    By 'mistakes being fixed in the future' I mean that the main ones, which vastly affect the game such as the pvp problem, will be fixed.
    ... Because chaos will ensue if it doesn't, so it is a priority. And if the newer admins can't handle this (such as the many other problems new players have been facing), I'm sure the old admins could come back temporarily to handle it (which they did well in the past).

Amazing logic :rolleyes:. The problems will be fixed because otherwise chaos will ensue...are you serious? That's not an argument with any merit.

As for admins handling it...
    What in the world are you talking about? Was this before my time? I haven't seen any real problems solved "well."
  • VagueAngel - Storm LegionVagueAngel - Storm Legion Posts: 2,798 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    flamestra wrote: »
    Amazing logic :rolleyes:. The problems will be fixed because otherwise chaos will ensue...are you serious? That's not an argument with any merit.

As for admins handling it...
    What in the world are you talking about? Was this before my time? I haven't seen any real problems solved "well."

There have been a few issues where the game was real buggy. The company even suffered DDoS attacks, which they successfully recovered from. (Sebestimated title holders I believe should know what i'm talking about). They are getting quite overloaded lately with the arising issues, but they are working to fix them.
    80~ErebusNox - Dark/Edge Assassin
    74~AzrielZiya - Aegis Warrior

sephiroth_forum_signature_by_xxtatteredsoulxx-d4jx3wc.jpg
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
    Can't access the support page? Send an email: [email protected]
  • SFX_Royal - Storm LegionSFX_Royal - Storm Legion Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yes, this was before you arrived. The admins could update patches without such 'problems'. I don't think there had been major company mistakes (nova pack, cross server instance, etc.) when they used to work in this sector.

p.s. I'm not arguing, I'm trying to make this a flame/rage free thread :P
  • Leeleeth - IllyfueLeeleeth - Illyfue Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    -1 ff down
    -1 arena down
    -1 orbs issue
    -1 stacking stuff unbound n bound doesnt work
    -1 some other insgnificant ****

+1 henry + pet journey = ftw
    +1 GT2 :D did u saw that SP?! its fookin short, and on top of that u can get DT
    +1 for me the new patch fixed the dc issues i had since rollback. Not even 1 dc!! :p
    +1 relogin realm is just AWEEESUM
    +1 dont have to leave guild base to sj for doing fkin quest ( usually it was like : oh, 4 in a row!...great lol)
    +1 new awesum yummeh fash! love it ( thou dun have it yet :D)
    +1 more shards from shylia + some instance gear ( my alts are happy )
    +1 Wota ...at last u dun have to do those annoying 15 waves ( we gonna look 2moro thou if it works correctly)
    + new ff rings n neks ( yeah yeah i know ff isnt working but at least they let u exchange the stuff for ur pts bck, and not trash it, and farm again)

dunno if the stats transfer is working, but in general they did great.
    Just a hotfix for the major issues here and it will be fine.
    Stupid is as stupid does - Forrest Gump
    New Order's Battle Divine Trolling Priest
    STICKPT & Kassandra <3 and F*ck Forever :D
    edited April 2013
    There have been a few issues where the game was real buggy. The company even suffered DDoS attacks, which they successfully recovered from. (Sebestimated title holders I believe should know what i'm talking about). They are getting quite overloaded lately with the arising issues, but they are working to fix them.

No offense, DDoS are fairly common. Any large company with significant information assets which rely on network availability should be prepared for them in advance. While I agree that they are getting overloaded lately, I disagree as to the way you seem to be using that to absolve them of blame. The fault is, if not entirely, in large part their own.

Ignoring the preceding issues of the last weekend of March, they committed to a "content update," and a "compensation code" to be delivered on a specific date without reasonable basis that such could indeed be delivered.

Apparently(given the scale of the issues) without even cursory testing, they then release a major patch directly onto the servers. Without staying around for even some small, reasonable amount of time, they leave the office and say "if there's something wrong with it, we'll find out in the morning." This is extraordinarily unprofessional.
  • fthawefthawe Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I dc'ed today.

at.

1,916,679 kb of memory . . .

P.S where is code
    edited April 2013
    No offense, DDoS are fairly common. Any large company with significant information assets which rely on network availability should be prepared for them in advance. While I agree that they are getting overloaded lately, I disagree as to the way you seem to be using that to absolve them of blame. The fault is, if not entirely, in large part their own.

Ignoring the preceding issues of the last weekend of March, they committed to a "content update," and a "compensation code" to be delivered on a specific date without reasonable basis that such could indeed be delivered.

Apparently(given the scale of the issues) without even cursory testing, they then release a major patch directly onto the servers. Without staying around for even some small, reasonable amount of time, they leave the office and say "if there's something wrong with it, we'll find out in the morning." This is extraordinarily unprofessional.

It's because the playerbase is seemingly wanting to have it both ways. A rushed patch, they get bothered at the bugs. A delayed patch, they get bothered at the delay. (People complained a lot about maintenance taking longer than usual, or being delayed a day)

After working a full day in office, and depending on the time they are set to leave (7 PM PST on most days) it could possibly result in more issues trying to fix things off very little sleep. They leave office at 1 or 2 AM PST most likely on maintenance days, at have to be back in by 10 AM the next day.

I understand your frustration, but let's wait and see what happens. With the issues that are arising from this patch, I suspect there will most likely be an emergency maintenance with a new patch (don't quote me on this, I'm just going off what I would do in a similar situation) after they get it from the Devs and can implement it.

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
  • Astuarot - Storm LegionAstuarot - Storm Legion Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited April 2013

welcome o/
  • Y_meh - IllyfueY_meh - Illyfue Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's because the playerbase is seemingly wanting to have it both ways. A rushed patch, they get bothered at the bugs. A delayed patch, they get bothered at the delay. (People complained a lot about maintenance taking longer than usual, or being delayed a day)

Wow, what insight!!!

I should have know better, you are right on the button there - it IS our fault :rolleyes:
    You have to admire stupidity for its destructive potential.
  • RaizensFur - NyosRaizensFur - Nyos Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm sure everyone is well aware of the sheer amount of backlog they have but to cut through the bs, its their own fault. If they bothered to test half the stuff that gets implemented the entire supernova dabacle would never have taken place. The patch would have most likely been moved back a few days, but working as intended and the playerbase, though frustrated by a delay in said patch, would be infinately happier than they are now.

I get that they supposed to work long hours and that sometimes it can become tedious, but thats the point; they get paid for it. The lack of half decent customer support and communication reeks of a massive middle finger being stuck up to all of us, and quite frankly the playerbase has had enough.

Hardcore FW players are now becomming less and less active, or leaving alltogether, and others are leaving in droves. This mass exodus, or inactivity, is killing the ingame economy thus forcing others to become less active due to lack of instance,gold farming possiblilties or plain old merching.

Its a downward spiral that were all in atm and if our FW staff dont catch a wakeupcall quickchop, they will find they wont have enough of a playerbase left to keep this game running, thus resulting in a multitude of cashback requests due to shutting down the game(and yes even tho its a F2P game they are binded by law that if the game is discontinued that they refund all cash purchases).

Im willing to bet that the compensation that was promised will not be given out and that we'll have to do with the package they are still tinkering with(Crabclaw promised that the compensation pack was only the start of a massive 'im sorry campaign. but that par for the course; average at best and dismal 90% of the time.....
    edited April 2013
    Wow, what insight!!!

I should have know better, you are right on the button there - it IS our fault :rolleyes:

Never stated that it was specifically the player's fault. I was simply stating that many players get bothered at longer maintenance, delayed maintenance, delayed patches, etc. Say they delayed the patch and the content update. What would have happened? We'd have players making posts being bothered with the delay.

It has happened not to long ago where the maintenance was delayed a day, or lasted 4 hours due to bug fixes, and next thing we know there were posts of people bothered by it taking so long.

I apologize if I made it seem as though I was putting the blame on the players. I wasn't. I was just stating a possibility as to why this patch was put out with so many bugs.

• k2iputsik2iputsi Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Never stated that it was specifically the player's fault. I was simply stating that many players get bothered at longer maintenance, delayed maintenance, delayed patches, etc. Say they delayed the patch and the content update. What would have happened? We'd have players making posts being bothered with the delay.

It has happened not to long ago where the maintenance was delayed a day, or lasted 4 hours due to bug fixes, and next thing we know there were posts of people bothered by it taking so long.

I apologize if I made it seem as though I was putting the blame on the players. I wasn't. I was just stating a possibility as to why this patch was put out with so many bugs.

atleast delay wouldnt cost us a rollback
    coz i cant think of anything how they will pay back empty orbs to people

and definetly less posts about delay than bugged stuff
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]