[NOTICE] Emergency Server Maintenance 3/31

forsakennoblesse
forsakennoblesse Posts: 302 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion
Hi everyone,

Sorry to be delivering a bad news again. However, all FW servers will be down today to minimize the negative effects to the in-game economy until the issue with Nova Pack is addressed.

We will update this thread as we find out more.

UPDATE: 3:41AM PACIFIC TIME

Servers are online! Please feel free to log in. Thanks so much for your patience!

UPDATE: 2:36AM PACIFIC TIME

QA is performing the final tests. If everything goes smoothly, the servers will be online very soon!

UPDATE - 2:00AM PACIFIC TIME

Things are going smoothly. We hope for the servers to be ready soon. We'll keep you in the loop regarding progress.

UPDATE - 12:21AM PACIFIC TIME

We are still testing the build. Unfortunately things are taking a bit longer than expected. The new ETA is 2AM Pacific time.

UPDATE - 11:08 PACIFIC TIME

Engineering is putting the final touches on the build. QA will begin testing soon. We hope to have the servers online and playable by 1AM Pacific time. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your understanding,

-The Forsaken World Team
Post edited by forsakennoblesse on

Comments

• forsakennoblesse
    forsakennoblesse Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Servers are UP!

Hello Everyone,

We wanted to provide you with an update regarding the downtime. Currently, our developers are working hard to resolve an issue with the Nova Packs. Due to the complexity of the issue, we anticipate that it will take several hours for this issue to be address. We hope to provide you with another update at 9:30PM Pacific Time.

At this time the specifics regarding how the issue will be resolved are not yet determined. We are looking into multiple solutions and will post an announcement once the specific plan has been determined. Rest assured that we are committed to ensuring that no players lose Zen as a result of this issue.

Thank you for your patience and understanding while we address this. We appreciate your dedication and hope to have things worked out as soon as possible.

-The Forsaken World Team
  • HuggiBear - Lionheart
    HuggiBear - Lionheart Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOO * Cleveland in tub falling out of the house*
  • quberewt
    quberewt Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Not like I didn't have anything to do.
  • Tonali - Storm Legion
    Tonali - Storm Legion Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    so this means rollback and no wargod this week? D<
  • yxgtv6xv67s67s
    yxgtv6xv67s67s Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    so my soul power gate dont count ?
  • bot1g
    bot1g Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Fail :D
  • zwedru
    zwedru Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    plz plz plz if you will do somthing do it right and plz dont make mistakes during the fixing u planning to do thank you
  • jagskills
    jagskills Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Shutting down? so no patch, just ''switch it off'' you guys don't learn from one mistake to another...we talking hours or days?
  • JamrilArroway - Storm Legion
    JamrilArroway - Storm Legion Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Probably just putting out the packs first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • miinibanana
    miinibanana Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    "We will update this thread as we find out more."
    So in other words you have no idea what you are doing?
  • Lustmagic - Storm Legion
    Lustmagic - Storm Legion Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Oh come on.....
  • parking
    parking Posts: 1,101 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    TOO LATE !!

Damage is done ! !

Short of a Complete Roll back to Like Thursday night,,

Well you GMs can figure out how pizzed the Entire community will be if you do that...

Me thinks everyone is gonna have to

** SUCK IT UP CUPCAKE **

and deal with what happened , , , ,

It will take about a Month to settle down,,

Someone will get FIRED THIS TIME, hopefully
    You cant fix STUPID, but YOU CAN KILL IT ! ! !
    FYI:90% of my post is sarcasm,read it again and figure it out!
  • ustolemysun
    ustolemysun Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Pointless honestly. Just remove said items - Economy Will be bouncing back in a few weeks. IT always does. Look at Merc Stats 1 -2 weeks cheap as heck and now back up to almost 5G.... So yeah this is pointless forsaken my dear. Why not just remove it? To many will do chargebacks if their items are gone/destroyed from a rollback YOu know this as does everyone (I did take screenshots of my bags so i know with specific SS's of gear each piece)
  • RedemptionX - Storm Legion
    RedemptionX - Storm Legion Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This is just, the worst you could do.
    Good luck with keeping this game up now.
  • Alexania - Storm Legion
    Alexania - Storm Legion Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    How long will it be down?
  • ZavX - Storm Legion
    ZavX - Storm Legion Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Happy Easter to you too!!!

If you put the Bunny Suit fash back in game, whatever actions are taken between now and when servers are back up will be forgiven. Otherwise, I have been maliciously plotting that endless series of freakish, unspeakable events of misfortune. I'm just saying.

Now, let's start a pool; how many pages is this thread gonna get to? I'm gonna go with it breaking 50 or so, but not much more.

tumblr_lkjskkJKau1qemz4h.gif
  • Tonali - Storm Legion
    Tonali - Storm Legion Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I Want My Wargod Points, Come On D<!!!!!
  • ishtarsama89
    ishtarsama89 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I was in the middle of gt. Thanks. >.<
  • louisaferree
    louisaferree Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hi everyone,

Sorry to be delivering a bad news again. However, all FW servers will be down today to minimize the negative effects to the in-game economy until the issue with Nova Pack is addressed.

- Forsaken World Team

so do we get the money back or not?
  • _Tizia_ - Eyrda
    _Tizia_ - Eyrda Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Should have said: all FW servers will be down today to Maximize the negative effects! :mad:
  • hornedhare86
    hornedhare86 Posts: 7
    edited March 2013
    shutting it down without telling us a plan to minimize the QQ n panic .. Now theres a great plan .. Someone is actually getting PAID to do this job ?
  • _HexoR_ - Nyos
    _HexoR_ - Nyos Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You just throw away the only people left in this game congratulatons.I am out of this **** game.
    You are DISGRACE for MMo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Facebook Page: ReaL_Crew,
    Twitter : @RC_WanteD
    Youtube channel: ReaLCrew Tm
    Semi Proffesional Dota 2 Team Organization.Give us or support guys by Like us / follow / subscribe Thank you very much.
  • Darksiren - Storm Legion
    Darksiren - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Now, let's start a pool; how many pages is this thread gonna get to? I'm gonna go with it breaking 50 or so, but not much more.

86 pages
  • charles1991
    charles1991 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    well all i can say is if it is a roll back they might as well get ready to have fw shut down for good lol cause im pretty sure everyone is getting tired of PWs skrew ups, everyone knows they dont care about the economy they just dont want ppl to get +12 so they can keep charging 40$ for 100 star crystals lol
  • darkfiresss
    darkfiresss Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    Very very rude way of dealing with this situation. The players get punished because a PWE employee screws up... "Happy Easter" from 'Perfect' World. Lovely. I want my money back.
  • quberewt
    quberewt Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    how long? I still need to do HR. Also, wargod.
  • Gvantsa - Eyrda
    Gvantsa - Eyrda Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Nuuuuu :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oranges7867
    oranges7867 Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As I said in the other thread- it was YOUR mistake about the price, not ours and we should not be punished because of YOUR mistakes.

I don't see how this is upsetting the game economy anyways, if anything PWE MADE money because of all of the packs purchased.
    Go ahead and fix yer dang prices on the pack but leave the rest of us alone. I don't want my money back, I don't want to lose the tuff mount I traded for.
    What's done is done.

This is your fault not ours. Rolling back the server is simply ridicules, unfair, uncalled for and unwarranted.
    Just leave it alone....leave us alone. Change your prices but leave the rest of us alone.
  • legionarepw
    legionarepw Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hi everyone,

- Forsaken World Team

u didnt say WHEN today the servers will be down.
  • VagueAngel - Storm Legion
    VagueAngel - Storm Legion Posts: 2,798 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Honestly, the solution (i think) would be rather simple:

Create a patch that will give a function to every item that was from the pack.

What this function will do is first: take all items off of AH, returning them to the seller.

Then, it will bind all pack content items to the user upon entering the system. Meaning, whoever bought the pack but didn't open them yet, the pack and items will be bound. Whoever sent items to another character in the mail, will be bound to the character that receives them. This will prevent people from buying the items through the AH, so once they are gone (which will be quickly) they are gone, and everything will soon enough stabilize.
    80~ErebusNox - Dark/Edge Assassin
    74~AzrielZiya - Aegis Warrior

sephiroth_forum_signature_by_xxtatteredsoulxx-d4jx3wc.jpg
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
    Can't access the support page? Send an email: [email protected]