Hell Road challenger item. Also, Arcanist.

PEZ - Eyrda
PEZ - Eyrda Posts: 466 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion
During one of the loading screens I saw a mesage saying we could use a Hell Road challenger item, or something similar sounding, I assume to reset Hell Road for the current cycle, so you can collect more roses at lower rooms. Obviously we don't have it on our version, but the message was in our version, so I would like to know more about it. It sounds like a cash shop item that I would very much like to have. I wish I could have gotten a screenshot but it was too fast.

I tried looking through the files for the loading screen messages, but there is a stupid amount of untranslated stuff in there. I mean, ****ing step-by-step quest guides and an entire game manual. I also found a description for Arcanist. In the in-game encyclopedia some new jobs have been added--Collector, Astrologist, and Illusionist--but I can't find anything in the game files about these. As of now, runes are just balls. Is the Arcanist job still in development, or was it completely scrapped, never to return?

esg7E57.png

Here is a better translation in the game files. They didn't put it in the Encylopedia though.

Forsaken World Job: Arcanist
By: Forsaken World Official Website

Arcanist

Being an Arcanist is a 3rd-tier Rosemason Job. The study of the arcane was developed by the famous Vacuity Seminar and the Diamond Rose. It costs 1 Job Point to learn from Lorlo in Craftsman Fair in Freedom Harbor when you reach Lv30. You can gain Job EXP by changing Element Essences and making Runes.

Runes are a kind of magic power that can be inlaid into necklaces and rings. It is made up of different Essences of Wind, Fire, Earth and Water. Runes increase the attributes of these Ornaments. Additionally, an Arcanist can detach Runes from original Essences and remake them into new Runes.

Job Icon:

Requirements: Lv30
Job Point Cost: 1 point

Tutor: Lorlo in Craftsman Fair in Freedom Harbor

Related Jobs: Jeweler
Post edited by PEZ - Eyrda on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The servers are extended gutters and the gutters are full of nova packs and when the drains finally scab over, all the players will drown. The accumulated wealth of all their orb opening and +12 refining will foam up about their waists and all the noobs and elites will look up and shout "Thank you!"

... and I'll whisper "Rollback."

Comments

• Demyx - Storm Legion
    Demyx - Storm Legion Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    That information...while helpful, is I think outdated?

There's another loading screen that clearly makes reference to Lorlo "packing up, making Nightfall Citadel the only place to combine runes."

Who knows...they might introduce a new system for the Arcanist to use, but the Rune system I think changed from what they originally intended it to be (since the Arcanist has been in the works since just after Closed Beta).

On a related note, I would be all for them putting an "Enchantment" job into the game, allowing players to enchant already made items. That "Augmenting" system they have has such low rates, perhaps it would be nice to have it set up like the Scavengers have to allow the Arcanists to "craft" the Augmenting items.
    Part of the fun of playing the game is wading through 98% of the idiots and trolls to find the 2% who you enjoy playing with.
  • Chaotikiss - Eyrda
    Chaotikiss - Eyrda Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You can get the hell road challenger stuff in our version of the game and it is not cash shop. You get it in nightfall citadell. If you open your bag and go to quest items you will see the things that you recieved from hell road that you trade in on the magic airship. If you have gotten to a high enough level in hell road there will be three different ones. You trade those in on the magic airship and then take the items that you get from the npc to the other npc to get your hell road challenger items. I forget what the level three thing is called but it is the same thing that is used for the anima npc. Not the one in freedom harbor but the one in sleeping jungle. you can trade those for anima evolutions in sleeping jungle or get the hell road challenger items in nightfall. I didn't figure it out at first either and I wondered why I was getting so many of them when I only needed a few for my anima. Once I found the other npc in nightfall I was upset that I threw some away because I could have bought more challenger items to use in hell road. The challenger items really do help out a lot. Ecspecially since the last patch that made it subtract acclaim every time you reset a floor. Hope this cleared it up for ya and good luck.:D
  • PEZ - Eyrda
    edited March 2013
    I'm still a little confused. You're saying WOTA rewards give challenger items at the Hell Road NPC, and Hell Road rewards give Challenger items at the WOTA NPC? This is so **** backwards, I'm not surprised I never knew about it. What do the challenger items do?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The servers are extended gutters and the gutters are full of nova packs and when the drains finally scab over, all the players will drown. The accumulated wealth of all their orb opening and +12 refining will foam up about their waists and all the noobs and elites will look up and shout "Thank you!"

• amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    completing levels of HR reward you with Devil Ash. you trade these in to the npc on the airship in nightfall for rage shards that you need to trade in for the items required to evolve your rage. in WoA you receive medals for defeating bosses that you trade in to the npc in bloodskull camp in sj for the shards required to evolve your shelter. I'm not aware of any other uses of either of the two, and I'm not quite certain what chaotikiss is trying to say :confused:

never really paid close attention, but I think HR levels 1-9 give devil ash lv1, 10-19 give lv2, 20-29 give lv3, 30-39 give lv4, etc. the low level ones are easy to get and can be traded x10 for the next highest level and so on, but if you can't beat the higher levels you're looking at a long time farming to evolve your rage.

edit: unless chaotikiss means you can spend hell points on the rage shards needed to trade in for the big ones to evolve? i never paid attention to the other tabs from the airship npc lol
  • mrsooshi
    mrsooshi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    chaotikiss makes no sense. He is saying you trade in Devils ash for tokens from WOTA which you then trade for **** road challenger item in NF. But clearly there is no exchange of devils ash for tokens.
  • Sassana - Illyfue
    Sassana - Illyfue Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    In the in-game encyclopedia some new jobs have been added--Collector, Astrologist, and Illusionist--

this three are still from closed beta phase 2(dunno about 1st phase cause i could get from 2nd, but it might be there from the start)
    So the moral is..... Exploit everything and don't tell the gms or they will take it away.

Gotcha...

Don't ask, don't tell.

By FireBat

True story
  • PEZ - Eyrda
    edited March 2013
    Pretty sure chaotikiss is confused or trolling. The AH stores all item names, as far as I know, so I found it there.

SNNYUfj.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Firebat - Eyrda
    Firebat - Eyrda Posts: 4,190 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Pretty sure chaotikiss is confused or trolling. The AH stores all item names, as far as I know, so I found it there.

SNNYUfj.png

Ah stores "most" item names. If it isn't auctionable, it isn't listed. Such as the returning warrior gifts for not logging in for a month.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • part911
    part911 Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You can get the hell road challenger stuff in our version of the game and it is not cash shop. You get it in nightfall citadell. If you open your bag and go to quest items you will see the things that you recieved from hell road that you trade in on the magic airship. If you have gotten to a high enough level in hell road there will be three different ones. You trade those in on the magic airship and then take the items that you get from the npc to the other npc to get your hell road challenger items. I forget what the level three thing is called but it is the same thing that is used for the anima npc. Not the one in freedom harbor but the one in sleeping jungle. you can trade those for anima evolutions in sleeping jungle or get the hell road challenger items in nightfall. I didn't figure it out at first either and I wondered why I was getting so many of them when I only needed a few for my anima. Once I found the other npc in nightfall I was upset that I threw some away because I could have bought more challenger items to use in hell road. The challenger items really do help out a lot. Ecspecially since the last patch that made it subtract acclaim every time you reset a floor. Hope this cleared it up for ya and good luck.:D

can you tell us the NPC name so we can check it out?
  • shokkur
    shokkur Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So nobody has info on this nameless npc that has the challenger mode item?
  • killsnitch
    killsnitch Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'd guess that Chaotikiss was told by the people that already know the answer to STFU, because if the secret got out they would have to compete with everyone else that would be putting in the time and doing better too. There's only one way people are so much farther ahead than the rest of their server in both roses and acclaim each week, they are using something that isn't being shared.

If they were just destroying acclaim by having a super powerful demon, they'd stop getting any souls in most of the rooms. If they were keeping the demon weak in attack to insure every soul drop in every room, they wouldn't be able to get **** amounts of acclaim. Everyone faces diminishing returns as they get into higher rooms that hit harder and take longer, so they wouldn't get the same acclaim for the last 10 rooms that they get in the first... the numbers for some people who are winning by huge margins in both categories every week just don't add up.

The bottom line is, it is in NOBODY'S INTEREST to share their secrets with people that don't already know them... so until PWE gives us actual detailed patches notes on ALL the content when it's introduced, the majority of players suffer in the dark.

Hell, for all we know, it could be a bug and only some people have access, like only some people are still getting the "correct" point spread for the 4 instances in a TAFA run. But the people that are missing out can't report on any possible bug because they don't know that anything is wrong.
  • amarantos
    edited March 2013
    killsnitch wrote: »
    because if the secret got out they would have to compete with everyone else that would be putting in the time and doing better too. There's only one way people are so much farther ahead than the rest of their server in both roses and acclaim each week, they are using something that isn't being shared.

this is actually highly unlikely tbh. personally i've been on the top 20ish in rose points pretty much since HR came out, and that's mostly due to the fact that I, like many others, farmed levels for acclaim when you still could and got a lot of rose tokens along with it. I didn't consider farming roses until a few weeks after it opened, so people who were clever enough to farm from the start have very high rose points. And after they fixed it to where you can't farm acclaim, I stopped farming levels for roses because I was too lazy. Even now I only spend a couple resets on farming rose points, but not a whole lot. So no, there's no hidden trick to getting insanely high rose points. You just had to know about farming and have done so early on. For the people who have gotten to insanely high levels, they are just a combination of good gear/masteries/etc and a properly distributed pet girl (from their high amount of roses from farming).
  • minml
    minml Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Actually, you can still farm acclaim another way. But only a few people know.
  • killsnitch
    killsnitch Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ah yes, more secrets...
  • amarantos
    edited March 2013
    minml wrote: »

if you wanna spend time blowing all your cds on each level just to kill mobs fastest for the highest acclaim possible per level then knock yourself out. checking the rankings each day shows no one obscenely above the others that isn't expected for their character. so no, no way to farm acclaim like you used to. only a few points here and there.
  • peavyb1
    peavyb1 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    minml wrote: »

I always in the top few for roses and acclaim every week. I do nothing special. I just farm lower lvl rooms for roses then truck on to lvl 40 and get loads of acclaim. Yeah i said lvl 40. All that acclaim adds up after a while. I also do this without any attack on demon so i get max roses. No real secrect here. So now that you know for sure, pwer up your toon and have at it.
  • Darksiren - Storm Legion
    Darksiren - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    peavyb1 wrote: »
    I always in the top few for roses and acclaim every week. I do nothing special. I just farm lower lvl rooms for roses then truck on to lvl 40 and get loads of acclaim. Yeah i said lvl 40. All that acclaim adds up after a while. I also do this without any attack on demon so i get max roses. No real secrect here. So now that you know for sure, pwer up your toon and have at it.

How does what you said give you any more acclaim than anyone else who can reach room 40?
  • peavyb1
    peavyb1 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    How does what you said give you any more acclaim than anyone else who can reach room 40?

What i said is not what gives me more acclaim than others. Thats how i get the roses too. I get my acclaim because im a mage with 7k+ attack 1400 mastery and 46% crit chance. Those stats make me kill super fast. That is how i get more acclaim than others.
  • Morgantia - Lionheart
    Morgantia - Lionheart Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    peavyb1 wrote: »
    What i said is not what gives me more acclaim than others. Thats how i get the roses too. I get my acclaim because im a mage with 7k+ attack 1400 mastery and 46% crit chance. Those stats make me kill super fast. That is how i get more acclaim than others.

DAMN peavy... with those mage stats you are my friggin IDOL!!! :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beware... my alts are legion... muhwahaha!!!

Wait... does that make me a schizo? O.O