Hell Road - Room 18 - Problem

Darksiren - Storm Legion
Darksiren - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2013 in General Discussion
I'm a blood Vamp. Now I think I should be able to beat this room, but almost every time, when the mobs start getting a bit excessive, all my skills just STOP working. I've looked at my debuffs to see if these mobs are disarming me or something, but nothing. Does anyone have any clue why this keeps happening, every time?
Post edited by Darksiren - Storm Legion on

Comments

• Arizll - Eyrda
    Arizll - Eyrda Posts: 1,551 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    As far as I know there is no debuff at all until room 34(at least). Maybe it's your connection? Or it is just a bug.
  • fthawe
    fthawe Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    check your ping
    while fighting them
    or
    lower graphics retry
  • Darksiren - Storm Legion
    edited December 2012
    As far as I know there is no debuff at all until room 34(at least). Maybe it's your connection? Or it is just a bug.

My ping is at 100 or less. And this is only happening in Room 18. On multiple separate days.
  • icatnezz
    icatnezz Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yeah, it's happening to me too, also have this kind of problem in pvp.
    I mailed them and this is what they replied;
    First, make sure the game is fully updated. You can obtain manual patches here:
    http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1718

Next, 'Verify' the installation files through the launcher. This will fix any missing/corrupt files. You may need to do this multiple times

Here are some other possible solutions if you have not already done so:

Make sure the game and your drivers (graphics, network, sound, motherboard, etc) are fully updated.

You may have to be on a Windows Admin account, or have Run as Admin access to be able to download, install, update, and run the game. If on Windows Vista or 7, you may have to change the level of your UAC settings or turn them off temporarily.

You can try adding the game folder/files to your exceptions list in your antivirus and firewall software. Please see the help menu or support website for the software that you use if you aren't sure how to do it.

At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it or throttle it, no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.

Stop any processes that may be interfering with the networking and causing issues with your connection.

Remove/Uninstall any unnecessary programs such as toolbars or Pando Media Booster.

You may need to uninstall the game, making sure to remove any excess files, then re-install it.
    edited December 2012
    icatnezz wrote: »
    Yeah, it's happening to me too, also have this kind of problem in pvp.
    I mailed them and this is what they replied;
    First, make sure the game is fully updated. You can obtain manual patches here:
    http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1718

Next, 'Verify' the installation files through the launcher. This will fix any missing/corrupt files. You may need to do this multiple times

Here are some other possible solutions if you have not already done so:

Make sure the game and your drivers (graphics, network, sound, motherboard, etc) are fully updated.

You may have to be on a Windows Admin account, or have Run as Admin access to be able to download, install, update, and run the game. If on Windows Vista or 7, you may have to change the level of your UAC settings or turn them off temporarily.

You can try adding the game folder/files to your exceptions list in your antivirus and firewall software. Please see the help menu or support website for the software that you use if you aren't sure how to do it.

At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it or throttle it, no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.

Stop any processes that may be interfering with the networking and causing issues with your connection.

Remove/Uninstall any unnecessary programs such as toolbars or Pando Media Booster.

You may need to uninstall the game, making sure to remove any excess files, then re-install it.

Besides the fact that I run a clean system (Pando and similar products will never be there), I also have verified everything is up to date. This is obviously a canned response you got from PWE. However I know its not a latency issue for 1 other reason... Pots work, un-interfered. I spam skills and nothing but I click a pot and recover... If it were a network latency issue the pots would also not work at all, as the server would not respond to that either.
  • Summanus - Illyfue
    Summanus - Illyfue Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I've had similar things happening in various rooms, im sure its bugs in the game. There are some rooms where it seems there is lag, but i can use pots fine, but my skills are slow to react. Always seems to happen when there are mobs spawning.

I think its down to either my machine not being able to handle the spawns, or **** Road is generally bugged. As I don't seem to have these issues in any other instances.
    Summanus | 80 Diamond Geezer Protector - retired

Play the game, don't let the game play you.
  • icatnezz
    icatnezz Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Are you using keyboard most of the time? I just used my mouse instead and didn't have problems with the skills. I'm guessing if that doesn't work either you might need to reinstall FW
  • nutshell2
    nutshell2 Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I got exactly the same issue. That is happening in room 18 what makes me unable to pass this room. Since this new instance came up i always fail in room 18 coz my skills stop to work properly :(
  • thunderscribe
    thunderscribe Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This has happened to many folks. As far as any of us can tell, it is apparently a "bugged" level and mostly affects certain skill trees.

We'll see how PWI handles it.
  • Earthgirl - Storm Legion
    Earthgirl - Storm Legion Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Same for me, self heal doesn't work, and due to long pot cooldowns, I end up dead.

Self heal works fine everywhere else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LvL 90. Fix the avatars please.
    edited December 2012
    Same for me, self heal doesn't work, and due to long pot cooldowns, I end up dead.

Self heal works fine everywhere else.

Wonderful :mad:

I can see PWE's solution now... "If you run Hell Road enough times (Read: 2 years worth) the NPC will be strong enough to solo the room for you"....
    edited January 2013
    Bump!

FFS FIX THIS!

I do hell road 1-17 just fine. Walk into room 18 and nothing works...reset and again. I dont seem to have this issue on my Warrior which is really odd. Also means it has nothing to do with my game files. Why the hell is the server unable to process my vampire in room 18 correctly???
  • Aesica - Storm Legion
    Aesica - Storm Legion Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Which room is 18? I've had my attacks magically stop working too, but because hell road is so boring, I like to just turn on my bot and let it clear rooms for me. I figured it was just my bot jamming, because the combat logs would indicate that, at some point, I just stopped attacking and sat there, taking it until I died.

Annoying. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Unofficial Forsaken World Talent Calculator:
    http://www.aesica.net/fw
    edited January 2013
    Which room is 18? I've had my attacks magically stop working too, but because hell road is so boring, I like to just turn on my bot and let it clear rooms for me. I figured it was just my bot jamming, because the combat logs would indicate that, at some point, I just stopped attacking and sat there, taking it until I died.

Annoying. :)

18 is the one with the mushrooms that hit pretty hard. They spawn 3 at a time, on a timer for the next set rather than waiting for you to finish the prior 3. More than 15 will spawn even though you only have to kill 15. Its a difficult room without good AoE, but Blood Rite + Feast can kill a bunch once a large amount have popped on the screen at once. However if my skills just plain jam or lag out or (*shrug*) otherwise stop working, then there's not a damn thing I can do but get pulverized.
  • Terracyrax - Storm Legion
    Terracyrax - Storm Legion Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    18 is the one with the mushrooms that hit pretty hard. They spawn 3 at a time, on a timer for the next set rather than waiting for you to finish the prior 3. More than 15 will spawn even though you only have to kill 15. Its a difficult room without good AoE, but Blood Rite + Feast can kill a bunch once a large amount have popped on the screen at once. However if my skills just plain jam or lag out or (*shrug*) otherwise stop working, then there's not a damn thing I can do but get pulverized.

i've had the same problem even with click the skills with my mouse and i'm a venom sin tree ur shrooms must be buffed cause they barely even hurt me but with this bug i can' beat it either i run out of time right on the last sliver of shroom health on the very last one >_< please fix geesh
    Originally Posted by Cat - Storm Legion
    Maybe they will DDOS Rosetta Stone next and demand some free English CDs <
    epic forum quote thanks cat! <3
  • Aesica - Storm Legion
    Aesica - Storm Legion Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i've had the same problem even with click the skills with my mouse and i'm a venom sin tree ur shrooms must be buffed cause they barely even hurt me but with this bug i can' beat it either i run out of time right on the last sliver of shroom health on the very last one >_< please fix geesh
    To be fair, there's 2 rooms with mushroom-like creatures--the first ones are pretty lame, but the second one, yeah they hit pretty hard and pile up quickly. Seeing as I'm also not an aoe'er, I usually wipe out in that room.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Unofficial Forsaken World Talent Calculator:
    http://www.aesica.net/fw
  • Lustmagic - Storm Legion
    Lustmagic - Storm Legion Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I experience it in all rooms where my skills just stop working for a second or two.

It gets rather annoying after 20+

I'm stuck at 28, boo-hoo! :mad:
    edited January 2013
    I experience it in all rooms where my skills just stop working for a second or two.

It gets rather annoying after 20+

I'm stuck at 28, boo-hoo! :mad:

This isnt an issue of a second or two. This is nothing working for 30+ seconds. Every now and again I get a giant rubberband and then my prior skills fire, but no new skills will again, indicating a definite lag. But since its only in this room, just about every time, and my connection is fine, and it doesnt haunt my Warrior, its obviously not my connection. Somehow the server stops accepting commands in this room for long periods.
  • Satayra - Illyfue
    Satayra - Illyfue Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This isnt an issue of a second or two. This is nothing working for 30+ seconds. Every now and again I get a giant rubberband and then my prior skills fire, but no new skills will again, indicating a definite lag. But since its only in this room, just about every time, and my connection is fine, and it doesnt haunt my Warrior, its obviously not my connection. Somehow the server stops accepting commands in this room for long periods.

Got exactly the samething, but not only in HR but also in other pve/pvp... Skills wont work for 4 to 15 seconds. No noticable lag, 80-150 ping, can use pots, skills wont work, rubberbanding, also only have this on my vamp.

All I do is button smashing till it works then >.<, or die -.-
  • Varnania - Eyrda
    Varnania - Eyrda Posts: 994 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    yes this is a bug even on rooms 1-14 soem times ill be boting room 13 or 12 and im like no skills what the hell