Starting tomorrow: Whats the point of Party Queue anymore?

Darksiren - Storm Legion
Darksiren - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2012 in General Discussion
Gear Instance and Daily Quest Modification: Removed the level limits on quests. Instance Quests can now only be gained by directly entering an instance, it will not be granted by entering through the Party Finder. Players receive Dedication for completing instance Daily Quests.

Granted there were complaints that if you manually enter, you get screwed on obtaining the instance quests... But now we HAVE to manually enter? Queueing will no longer grant the internal quest? This just a scam for PWE to flood WC with more manual party building shouts? The queue was one of the best conveniences. But if we cant get the daily done this way, its pointless.
Post edited by Darksiren - Storm Legion on

Comments

• FreakyPrie - Nyos
    FreakyPrie - Nyos Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Agreed, this does seem to be a step backwards.
  • CuteNDeadl - Storm Legion
    CuteNDeadl - Storm Legion Posts: 2,401 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Who's the genius that thought of this? Smack him/her in the head.
  • Cassandra - Eyrda
    Cassandra - Eyrda Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I think it's pretty stupid too, having to go all the way to the instance entrance then switching realms so everyone is in the same realm when we could just queue up and be teleported...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    Firebat - Eyrda Posts: 4,190 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I think it's pretty stupid too, having to go all the way to the instance entrance then switching realms so everyone is in the same realm when we could just queue up and be teleported...

Faster to queue, port in, exit, refresh instance.

Costs ya one instance entrance, but saves running around
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • kohlfrog
    kohlfrog Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I think this is a step forward. Now instead of waiting for 2 hours for a party you can take your party of 3 and just manually enter to finish.

Granted queueing should still give the quest...however, I would rather have to manually enter than do the other anyway.

Part of the reason this was done was so level 80's could go do fort rot (example) and do the daily for dedication without having to queue for it. This will also encourage players to play the instances that have the temporary fashion items.
  • Darksiren - Storm Legion
    edited December 2012

And what of instances that you only get 1 run? like LCS, GT, GL, etc.
  • killsnitch
    killsnitch Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    kohlfrog is seeing it right. Front door entry means not having to bring a full party, **** other people, we don't play an MMO to have to play with others!
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I don't understand why they had to make it one or the other. What's wrong with both? Get the daily quest regardless of whether you use party window or manual enter....I guess now people will actually make use of the instance teleport npc next to Vanessa (Amelia?).
  • kohlfrog
    kohlfrog Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    killsnitch wrote: »
    kohlfrog is seeing it right. Front door entry means not having to bring a full party, **** other people, we don't play an MMO to have to play with others!

Gee thanks for the sarcasm -_-

Seriously though, how likely is it your going to be able to get a full party for Fort Rot, or Lighthouse, or ToG, or....should I continue?

We already have to wait hours to get a queue just to do a damn daily. If they aren't going to merge the servers so that there actually ARE enough people, then the least that they can do is make it so we don't have to rely on a non-existent population to complete something that will take 5-15 minutes.
  • Lapisdurus - Dyos
    Lapisdurus - Dyos Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    As workaround, you could still queue via T, and once the group assembled at the spawn: leave, reset and reenter. And "only" for Gear instances.
  • CuteNDeadl - Storm Legion
    CuteNDeadl - Storm Legion Posts: 2,401 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    kohlfrog wrote: »

Seriously though, how likely is it your going to be able to get a full party for Fort Rot, or Lighthouse, or ToG, or....should I continue?

We already have to wait hours to get a queue just to do a damn daily. If they aren't going to merge the servers so that there actually ARE enough people, then the least that they can do is make it so we don't have to rely on a non-existent population to complete something that will take 5-15 minutes.

and when you have a full party of 6 already and you cant use T but you have to take time and everyone has to make their way over to the instance entrance you are doing.. yeah.. not very convenient.

I dont know wth they were thinking with this. Why not just make it so you get quests either way? :confused:
    edited December 2012

Yes but it should not be 1 way OR the other way. It should be both. Do you really want to go through the hassle of assembling WC parties for GT every day? Do you really want to realm to a single realm before entering for every LCS, GT, or GL? Do you want to realm and travel far to go into every fissure? The amount of extra hassle this adds is far greater than the amount of benefit it adds.
  • killsnitch
    killsnitch Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Oh, I was actually agreeing with you, the sarcasm is directed at the game play model itself, the high powered players who just run instances with their multiple accounts, and the overall lack of community. The game, as it is now, is not new player friendly.
  • Celennes - Illyfue
    Celennes - Illyfue Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Sounds quite pointless.
    Celennes - Level 90 frost mage. New sig coming "soon". | <Balerion Slayer> |
    <Hero of Summit of Elements> |
  • Suuliya - Storm Legion
    Suuliya - Storm Legion Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Oh so this must be the fix to problem of constant crashes when queing into an instance I guess? Talk about your ghetto fix to a problem huh. Honestly no one ever used the que for anything other than things like 12v12 or arena anyway. If you want to do any gear instance you have to use would chat. It is annoying if you all have to manually go to the entrance, but I always have to wait for the people that crash to come back and manual que in anyway so on balance it doesn't make much difference.
  • baluuba
    baluuba Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Oh so this must be the fix to problem of constant crashes when queing into an instance I guess? Talk about your ghetto fix to a problem huh. Honestly no one ever used the que for anything other than things like 12v12 or arena anyway. If you want to do any gear instance you have to use would chat. It is annoying if you all have to manually go to the entrance, but I always have to wait for the people that crash to come back and manual que in anyway so on balance it doesn't make much difference.

Why wait for them? If there's an instance they can get in on their own, manually, you don't need to wait for them. If there's an instance like GL or GT...what does it matter if they crashed and you are in already? Usually the crash is at entering instance, so 5 are in and one crash...i don't understand that part about "wait for the people that crash to come back and manual que in anyway".

Anyway, i think this change is stupid, pointless and it will add to the countless things in FW that are annoying, irritating, time wasting and a pain in the **** ultimately :eek::confused::(
  • LadyMcBlood - Illyfue
    LadyMcBlood - Illyfue Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The way i understand it is that "T" is not deleted as option, it just says that u dont need it to triger the quest. Like on fissures where u had to go trhough T or else u didnt get the quest if u wanted to go with smaller party. So now u can choose to enter the way u like and have the same resault...

Some admin or mod maybe could help us out here... it is long waiting to check our selves :P
  • Suuliya - Storm Legion
    Suuliya - Storm Legion Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    baluuba wrote: »
    Why wait for them? If there's an instance they can get in on their own, manually, you don't need to wait for them. If there's an instance like GL or GT...what does it matter if they crashed and you are in already? Usually the crash is at entering instance, so 5 are in and one crash...i don't understand that part about "wait for the people that crash to come back and manual que in anyway".

Anyway, i think this change is stupid, pointless and it will add to the countless things in FW that are annoying, irritating, time wasting and a pain in the **** ultimately :eek::confused::(

So if I que into GoS and my healer crashes just go ahead and don't wait for em? Don't be stupid. Of course if it's GL or GT it doesn't matter since they can't late que. That is another problem with this game, but I guess making everyone manual que for everything fixes all that even if it makes it way more annoying for everyone. Good job guys, keep up the great work!
  • baluuba
    baluuba Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    So if I que into GoS and my healer crashes just go ahead and don't wait for em? Don't be stupid. Of course if it's GL or GT it doesn't matter since they can't late que. That is another problem with this game, but I guess making everyone manual que for everything fixes all that even if it makes it way more annoying for everyone. Good job guys, keep up the great work!

You are talking about a very specific case, i was not reffering to rare and specific cases, you should not be stupid and assume i was. If the player who crashed was not the healer you can do the instance anyway and there is a good number of instances that can be done without a dedicated healer.
    And even if we all que and enter manually, do we have the guarantee that nobody is gonna crash anymore at instance loading? Have you not seen GFC crashes?
  • Nimluen - Dyos
    Nimluen - Dyos Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2012

I dont know on which server you are playing, but on the german server you are only waiting hours for 12vs12 because of the system.

I hope we are misreading the announcement and there will be both options.
  • Doewn - Lionheart
    Doewn - Lionheart Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This is very very bad.
    Prone to Loki gloats. Honestly, I meant to say, "We the people," but it keeps coming out, "Meeeeooowww."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cassandra - Eyrda
    Cassandra - Eyrda Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012

For people that always have 6 people parties it's really inconvenient having to go and enter manually, should at least have both options.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drogon57
    drogon57 Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm curious about what this really means. So does this mean that if I have the FP quest from my G button, I won't get it unless I manually enter the instance? Does it mean I won't be able to get the General Sutherland FP quest for main quest unless I enter manually? When we do group apply for GT, will it not count towards my guild daily quest unless I go with the party to the entrance?

How about things like sending my pet on a HoA run and getting the guild quest and cup for it? Will that still work?

This update makes no sense to me. Just seems like it's forcing us to do the annoying thing that we sometimes HAVE to do if we can't get a full party. Like when I take someone through EC by myself and need to manually enter to do that.
  • Allegrette - Storm Legion
    Allegrette - Storm Legion Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You guys are reading too far into this!

It's not one or the other. Did you know how, back before this, if you crashed upon entry then you wouldn't get the quest once you walked back in with the rest of your group? This is fixing it, not making that worse.

They didn't change it so that manually walking in gets the quest, they changed it so that direct entry gets the quest, AKA, once your toon loads in, no matter via which method, you get the quest!
    'Direct entry' is a way of calling the load-in process slightly flawed, in that you can queue up and get queued for an instance but never make it inside--that's a version of trying to get in. Let's call it an 'indirect entry,' because you tried but missed.
    If your character were to load in before crashing, we would still call this a 'direct entry.' You made it in, your toon would have the quest, but you crashed. No problem!
    With the addage of this fix, if your character experiences an 'indirect entry' during party queue, you can walk over to the entry on the same realm as your party (or go on a different realm and party hop if you REALLY want...), and just walk in. Upon loading in to the instance, via party finder or by manual, you've made a 'direct entry.'

So really, don't look so far into this! This is a way of fixing the flawed process of before, and they did a good job in figuring out how to change it.
  • Sabriele - Storm Legion
    Sabriele - Storm Legion Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited December 2012

It's not one or the other. Did you know how, back before this, if you crashed upon entry then you wouldn't get the quest once you walked back in with the rest of your group? This is fixing it, not making that worse.

They didn't change it so that manually walking in gets the quest, they changed it so that direct entry gets the quest, AKA, once your toon loads in, no matter via which method, you get the quest!
    'Direct entry' is a way of calling the load-in process slightly flawed, in that you can queue up and get queued for an instance but never make it inside--that's a version of trying to get in. Let's call it an 'indirect entry,' because you tried but missed.
    If your character were to load in before crashing, we would still call this a 'direct entry.' You made it in, your toon would have the quest, but you crashed. No problem!
    With the addage of this fix, if your character experiences an 'indirect entry' during party queue, you can walk over to the entry on the same realm as your party (or go on a different realm and party hop if you REALLY want...), and just walk in. Upon loading in to the instance, via party finder or by manual, you've made a 'direct entry.'

So really, don't look so far into this! This is a way of fixing the flawed process of before, and they did a good job in figuring out how to change it.

i hope so
    Broken Avatar -- . --

IGN : Sabriele
    Class : Assassin
    Level : 80
    Tree : Venom
  • Ginius - Illyfue
    Ginius - Illyfue Posts: 2,509 Arc User
    edited December 2012

There is a problem which is:
    Quests can now only be gained by directly entering an instance

It's this "only" that everyone is worrying about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby.
    Level 90 since august 2014

- Elemental Warrior 90
    - Ice Mage 90
    - Blood Raider 87
    - Divine Priest 85
    - Water Bard 83
    - Precision MM 80
    - Demon? I hope soon xD
    edited December 2012
    The way i understand it is that "T" is not deleted as option, it just says that u dont need it to triger the quest. Like on fissures where u had to go trhough T or else u didnt get the quest if u wanted to go with smaller party. So now u can choose to enter the way u like and have the same resault...

Some admin or mod maybe could help us out here... it is long waiting to check our selves :P

According to this, 'T' will no longer be an option;
    Gear Instance and Daily Quest Modification: Removed the level limits on quests. Instance Quests can now only be gained by directly entering an instance, it will not be granted by entering through the Party Finder. Players receive Dedication for completing instance Daily Quests.
  • goodmorningm8
    goodmorningm8 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
  • Allegrette - Storm Legion
    Allegrette - Storm Legion Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Reading too far into it still!
    I don't think I got my point across:

Originally the only way you could get the daily quest was by applying and successfully loading in.
    The way the patch will change it is that you only get it by directly entering-- in this case, 'only' means that you don't get it by applying or by manualing, but just by loading in. You have to get in the instance via the regular ways -- applying or mandatory, in order to get a quest.

The whole "it will NOT be granted by entering through party applier..." is referring to the 'only' case, saying that it still will, but this will not be the sole method of getting the quest.

"only by directly entering" still refers to both ways! It means that you can no longer manual in and not get the quest-- it's a good thing, guys. Don't worry so much. ;)
  • Ginius - Illyfue
    Ginius - Illyfue Posts: 2,509 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Reading too far into it still!
    I don't think I got my point across:

Originally the only way you could get the daily quest was by applying and successfully loading in.
    The way the patch will change it is that you only get it by directly entering-- in this case, 'only' means that you don't get it by applying or by manualing, but just by loading in. You have to get in the instance via the regular ways -- applying or mandatory, in order to get a quest.

The whole "it will NOT be granted by entering through party applier..." is referring to the 'only' case, saying that it still will, but this will not be the sole method of getting the quest.

"only by directly entering" still refers to both ways! It means that you can no longer manual in and not get the quest-- it's a good thing, guys. Don't worry so much. ;)

Would be nice if it's as you say, but gonna be scared until I try myself, I've been deceived by translation/misunderstanding quite a few times already in this game :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby.
    Level 90 since august 2014

- Elemental Warrior 90
    - Ice Mage 90
    - Blood Raider 87
    - Divine Priest 85
    - Water Bard 83
    - Precision MM 80
    - Demon? I hope soon xD