3rd party program abuse investigation

1568101140

Comments

  • Sassana - Illyfue
    Sassana - Illyfue Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    johnnybnez wrote: »
    Pretty sorry but I'm not who you think I am... Just heard about Illyfue's drama yesterday :)) and how people bitched about an item... I feel sorry for the guy though, heard he accomplished many things there...

    Yea FAIL sure ur not having a toon in Seph guild and in grims.

    Core connect tells the truth boy http://core.perfectworld.com//u/johnnybnez check the guild tab
    So the moral is..... Exploit everything and don't tell the gms or they will take it away.

    Gotcha...

    Don't ask, don't tell.

    By FireBat

    True story
  • JolieLee - Eyrda
    JolieLee - Eyrda Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think this is the most action the forum's seen in a long time :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VelvetStrike - Illyfue
    VelvetStrike - Illyfue Posts: 1,126 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yea FAIL sure ur not having a toon in Seph guild and in grims.

    Core connect tells the truth boy http://core.perfectworld.com//u/johnnybnez check the guild tab

    Hi5! xD love how he says he accomplished soooo much... about himself. not like i accomplished anything ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VampireTale - Illyfue
    VampireTale - Illyfue Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yea FAIL sure ur not having a toon in Seph guild and in grims.

    Core connect tells the truth boy http://core.perfectworld.com//u/johnnybnez check the guild tab

    shinichi-conan.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nonamestochoose
    nonamestochoose Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Parking, shut up and use commas the correct way. They are not full stops. Stop being Postgre and learn to type. -.-

    Awww someone is mad. Go troll WC some more.
  • bucketlolis
    bucketlolis Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Awww someone is mad. Go troll WC some more.

    You sound mad, bro. :D
    [SIGPIC]http://i42.tinypic.com/ilhb7p.png[/SIGPIC]
    Fatexu: Level 80 Human Assassin

    The battle is all over except the "shouting" when one knows what is wanted and has made up his mind to get it, whatever the price may be.
  • junglist101
    junglist101 Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    crabclaw wrote: »
    No. After our investigation is complete, players that find themselves permanently banned have deliberately and explicitly abused a vulnerability for gross personal gain. They will find absolutely no leniency in the punishment we dole out, and I will personally make sure of that.

    Edit: Let me be clear - We at PWE have immense tolerance levels. But this crosses the line. We know through our itemized server logs EXACTLY who took advantage of this vulnerability. They are 100% DONE with this game.

    Crab if i was a woman i would of made love to you right now you have no idea how happy seeing this makes me feel i'm glad to see the users of that perma banned they deserve it but you need to realize they have alts the items they **** can be on or in the mail box of there alts i suggest you ban all accounts made AND accessed from there IP address CRABCLAW FOR PRESIDENT :cool::cool::cool::cool::D:D:D
  • Crum - Eyrda
    Crum - Eyrda Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    taeshi wrote: »
    Yes please investigate it thoroughly. I appreciate PWE staffs' hard work in keeping and promoting a fair and healthy gaming environment. However, Catalyst, as one of the most active guilds in Eryda server, is ready to take legal consultation if the bans are unfair and unjust for our members.

    Sincerely

    You should read the ToS. You do not have the ownership of your ingame character, PWE does. They have the right to ban anyone, and everyone, on a whim - no reason needed.

    By all means go ahead and waste money on legal consulting, just saying PWE has their bases covered lol.
  • louisaferree
    louisaferree Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Maybe they can find a way to charge back all the cash shopped money. Lets see how pwe would like that ;o
  • jagurnath7
    jagurnath7 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    taeshi wrote: »
    Yes please investigate it thoroughly. I appreciate PWE staffs' hard work in keeping and promoting a fair and healthy gaming environment. However, Catalyst, as one of the most active guilds in Eryda server, is ready to take legal consultation if the bans are unfair and unjust for our members.

    Sincerely

    well this is funny you guys must really be attached to this game and as Crum stated above read the TOS before posting please save yourself and apparently your guild from looking like that. if you cared then you wouldn't of **** game
  • UberSinner - Eyrda
    UberSinner - Eyrda Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    players are going to seek legal avenues because they got caught with their hand in the cookie jar? what a joke! good riddance i say.
  • parking
    parking Posts: 1,101 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Parking, shut up and use commas the correct way. They are not full stops. Stop being Postgre and learn to type. -.-

    thats all U got ?? commas ?? DUH !!


    I GOT THIS !!

    th?id=I.4881372837314624&pid=15.1



    MINES BETTER!!
    You cant fix STUPID, but YOU CAN KILL IT ! ! !
    FYI:90% of my post is sarcasm,read it again and figure it out!
  • nonamestochoose
    nonamestochoose Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You sound mad, bro. :D

    GOOD COME BACK! :D:D:D:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • nonamestochoose
    nonamestochoose Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    parking wrote: »
    thats All U Got ?? Commas ?? Duh !!


    I Got This !!

    th?id=i.4881372837314624&pid=15.1



    Mines Better!!


    ^^^^^^^^^^^^this
  • bucketlolis
    bucketlolis Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    GOOD COME BACK! :D:D:D:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:


    :D TY baby cakes. <3
    [SIGPIC]http://i42.tinypic.com/ilhb7p.png[/SIGPIC]
    Fatexu: Level 80 Human Assassin

    The battle is all over except the "shouting" when one knows what is wanted and has made up his mind to get it, whatever the price may be.
  • DarkKali - Illyfue
    DarkKali - Illyfue Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hi Crab,

    Just out of curiosity, since I am sure many are also wondering:

    What will happen to the players that bought the '****' items, regardless of the fact if they were aware of the nature of the item or not?

    Will they be allowed to keep the items? Will the items be removed from their accounts? If the items are removed from their accounts, will their gold be returned (I am assuming here that you keep a registry of the transactions made between individual players and/or AH)?

    Though this has nothing to do with me, I am sure we are all curious about this. :p

    Anyways I must say, I am both impressed and quite glad with your stern decision. I hope this marks the beginning of a more unyielding position by our GMs when faced with similar issues, as it shows to many that you guys are still here, and will make a stand. :)

    Anyways, good luck with your investigation, and keep up the good work.

    To everyone else in the forum: this was a fun read :D

    PS: Since the Halloween event was supposed to last till the 25th of November, but it was taken down due to others mischiefs, any chance of keeping it up for longer, in honor of the 'good guys'? ^^

    Keep well everyone

    DarkKali
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • homosimpsons
    homosimpsons Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    you know you can create an alternate and send the item over and do a trade w your character for a few g for that piece of equipment ... and claimed to have bought that unknowingly.

    i hope PWE is well aware of this trick as it is common knowledge for some people.
  • Trogotha - Storm Legion
    Trogotha - Storm Legion Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Maybe they can find a way to charge back all the cash shopped money. Lets see how pwe would like that ;o

    Depends. If it was directly through a credit card, the odds aren't good but are still in the card holder's favor but there would be a limit on how far back they could go in the transaction history. Even then, if they actually got their zen which is the actual product, PWE can provide transaction logs showing the goods were delivered and the card company will tell them to pound sand. If you're talking about Paypal or a similar 3rd party clearinghouse including the FW cards, they're pretty much sol.

    However, I think PWE would rather see a net positive income from the people that didn't quite over a few iceholes abusing the system for their own gain. I highly doubt those permanently banned spent more than the combined amount from casual csers who would most likely leave if nothing was done.

    So are you done with your empty threats or do we continue to dance? :rolleyes:
    Dear PWE Staff: I can haz avatar nao plox? :D
    For SCIENCE (and the LULZ)!
  • Sassana - Illyfue
    Sassana - Illyfue Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    PS: Since the Halloween event was supposed to last till the 11th of November, but it was taken down due to others mischiefs, any chance of keeping it up for longer, in honor of the 'good guys'? ^^

    Keep well everyone

    DarkKali

    Well i read in the event topic it was ment till 25th to 11th was be counterstrikers.

    And 2 another of ur topic with detective conan allthrough i dont play still read the forums. :D and this way is a good way 2 find alts of some1 from other guilds.

    sory from grammar but just woke up.
    So the moral is..... Exploit everything and don't tell the gms or they will take it away.

    Gotcha...

    Don't ask, don't tell.

    By FireBat

    True story
  • FreakyPrie - Nyos
    FreakyPrie - Nyos Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    crab already stated the Halloween event is down for good, check the last post in the other thread.
  • louisaferree
    louisaferree Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Depends. If it was directly through a credit card, the odds aren't good but are still in the card holder's favor but there would be a limit on how far back they could go in the transaction history. Even then, if they actually got their zen which is the actual product, PWE can provide transaction logs showing the goods were delivered and the card company will tell them to pound sand. If you're talking about Paypal or a similar 3rd party clearinghouse including the FW cards, they're pretty much sol.

    However, I think PWE would rather see a net positive income from the people that didn't quite over a few iceholes abusing the system for their own gain. I highly doubt those permanently banned spent more than the combined amount from casual csers who would most likely leave if nothing was done.

    So are you done with your empty threats or do we continue to dance? :rolleyes:

    no idc to charge back i only spent around 8-9k total, but if I was dustymidnight I would charge back, and actually no paypal favors the buyer not the seller if u searc h about it
  • Naddy - Eyrda
    Naddy - Eyrda Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    is not ghost town
    im ingame right now lots of people still world chatting o.o

    We have long since gave up on you, but just so I'm not mean without reason, I'll try to explain.
    The game has been dead for months, there are so few new players it's more of a tragedy at this point than a funny fact. When I started the game, in starter towns you had to queue up to kill a mob. Go look at it now, and if you find a one of those mythical lowbies chances are it's an alt, fast lvling is something I considered so don't try that one, find a better argument before you respond.
    If you don't believe what I say you can always just look at the stock market, what did that hurt PWE? Yeah, we look at that stuff too.
    So Go ahead, ban everyone who is actually active enough and gives you their time, you might as well shut down the servers in a couple months, you won't be getting enough money to keep 3 mainframes running.
    Post, what do you look at when you make your comments? Do you just post them because you enjoy posting things, even when you have nothing to back you up? World chat has people in it? try counting them one of these days, and compare to a non-dead game. *shakes head*
  • parking
    parking Posts: 1,101 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    We have long since gave up on you, but just so I'm not mean without reason, I'll try to explain.
    The game has been dead for months, there are so few new players it's more of a tragedy at this point than a funny fact. When I started the game, in starter towns you had to queue up to kill a mob. Go look at it now, and if you find a one of those mythical lowbies chances are it's an alt, fast lvling is something I considered so don't try that one, find a better argument before you respond.
    If you don't believe what I say you can always just look at the stock market, what did that hurt PWE? Yeah, we look at that stuff too.
    So Go ahead, ban everyone who is actually active enough and gives you their time, you might as well shut down the servers in a couple months, you won't be getting enough money to keep 3 mainframes running.
    Post, what do you look at when you make your comments? Do you just post them because you enjoy posting things, even when you have nothing to back you up? World chat has people in it? try counting them one of these days, and compare to a non-dead game. *shakes head*

    FYI : your argument is a mute point ,, the Average successful term of any online game is about 2 years, IF THAT !! After BETA, the life expectancy of a game is " as long as it is profitable " The fact that FW still has more then 1 GM is testimony that FW is still viable and profitable. I can name you a game that is OVER 15 yrs old that is still running! As long as the owner / Franchiser still deems ANY game as profitable it will run.

    FW has not consolidated their servers as of yet and that would be a sure sign and as far as PWE goes, I completely doubt that FW is 5% of their Black and even if FW runs in the RED it could be deemed profitable as a loss in the financial column. Never profess to know or understand what a Company is doing unless you are Its CEO or COO.

    For all anyone knows PWE could run at a Complete yearly loss and be a viable venture as a tax write off for a completely unnamed parent company
    You cant fix STUPID, but YOU CAN KILL IT ! ! !
    FYI:90% of my post is sarcasm,read it again and figure it out!
  • morbiuss
    morbiuss Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    parking wrote: »
    FYI : your argument is a mute point ,, the Average successful term of any online game is about 2 years, IF THAT !! After BETA, the life expectancy of a game is " as long as it is profitable " The fact that FW still has more then 1 GM is testimony that FW is still viable and profitable. I can name you a game that is OVER 15 yrs old that is still running! As long as the owner / Franchiser still deems ANY game as profitable it will run.

    FW has not consolidated their servers as of yet and that would be a sure sign and as far as PWE goes, I completely doubt that FW is 5% of their Black and even if FW runs in the RED it could be deemed profitable as a loss in the financial column. Never profess to know or understand what a Company is doing unless you are Its CEO or COO.

    For all anyone knows PWE could run at a Complete yearly loss and be a viable venture as a tax write off for a completely unnamed parent company

    NewsFlash me and my wife BOTH just started playing this game a week ago, we played EQ2 for 7 years and felt it was time for a break, and although there are a few things PW could learn from EQ2 like the fact its not necessary to be super greedy and charge so much on cash shop items in order to make a buck, overall this game isnt a bad game....and BTW these generic cash shop games are developed 100 models at a time, they are short term designed to grab as many bucks as they can as fast as they can and when 1 shuts down another pops up...it is what it is but STILL thats no excuse to exploit the game and ruin it for everyone else
  • Lustmagic - Storm Legion
    Lustmagic - Storm Legion Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    taeshi wrote: »
    Yes please investigate it thoroughly. I appreciate PWE staffs' hard work in keeping and promoting a fair and healthy gaming environment. However, Catalyst, as one of the most active guilds in Eryda server, is ready to take legal consultation if the bans are unfair and unjust for our members.

    Sincerely

    I lol'd.
  • Sephmeister - Eyrda
    Sephmeister - Eyrda Posts: 1,249 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    hi seph :D paying money irl for a stolen item is illegal too. Not implying u should be banned, jsut saying ur weapon is illegal.

    VS.. VS.. didn't expect you to be the sharpest knife but this takes the cake..

    *sits back, takes a shot of whiskey, and enjoys muppet show* :cool:
    | ★ <Total Darkness> ★ | ★ <Twin Emperor's Bane> ★ | ★ <Balerion Slayer> ★ |

    "Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away."
  • CuteNDeadl - Storm Legion
    CuteNDeadl - Storm Legion Posts: 2,401 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    crabclaw wrote: »
    No. After our investigation is complete, players that find themselves permanently banned have deliberately and explicitly abused a vulnerability for gross personal gain. They will find absolutely no leniency in the punishment we dole out, and I will personally make sure of that.

    Edit: Let me be clear - We at PWE have immense tolerance levels. But this crosses the line. We know through our itemized server logs EXACTLY who took advantage of this vulnerability. They are 100% DONE with this game.

    tumblr_maq77ecMHG1qejf6u.gif
  • gearraider
    gearraider Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    crabclaw wrote: »
    No. After our investigation is complete, players that find themselves permanently banned have deliberately and explicitly abused a vulnerability for gross personal gain. They will find absolutely no leniency in the punishment we dole out, and I will personally make sure of that.

    Edit: Let me be clear - We at PWE have immense tolerance levels. But this crosses the line. We know through our itemized server logs EXACTLY who took advantage of this vulnerability. They are 100% DONE with this game.
    Crab if i was a woman i would of made love to you right now you have no idea how happy seeing this makes me feel i'm glad to see the users of that perma banned they deserve it but you need to realize they have alts the items they **** can be on or in the mail box of there alts i suggest you ban all accounts made AND accessed from there IP address CRABCLAW FOR PRESIDENT :cool::cool::cool::cool::D:D:D

    +1 to this
  • Hentam - Storm Legion
    Hentam - Storm Legion Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    maybe a wall of shame, where you can see the players who exploited the event :D
    Lets pretend i have a cool signature here
  • Zaviere - Storm Legion
    Zaviere - Storm Legion Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Is this a bad time to ask for 90 rune energy as compensation to those of us who may have been affected by the exploitations and their abusers? Or, because the Halloween giveaway page was brought down early...

    I dunno, but if a GM could contact me in-game about some compensation in the form of runes... or hell, I'm not picky. I'll take a bunch of IV gems, too. Or sets of orb fashion. Stupid Devil's Acolyte set is still too expensive :C







    jkjk I don't even know of anyone on Storm (yet) who may have been banned as a result of all this foolishness. That, and I just like giving you guys a hard time. It's fun, don't hate :C
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/watch?v=S3bRPHPQsOs (copy-able text link)
This discussion has been closed.