3rd party program abuse investigation

Comments

• crabclaw
    crabclaw Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If some of the bans are perm, what about the ones that aren't? When will they get their characters back?

When the full investigation is complete.
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    how do people know if they're temp banned or permabanned? just gonna have to wait it out? lol
  • bucketlolis
    bucketlolis Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    crabclaw wrote: »
    When the full investigation is complete.

Can I also ask what brought on this investigation and how PWE failed to notice the glitch?
    [SIGPIC]http://i42.tinypic.com/ilhb7p.png[/SIGPIC]
    Fatexu: Level 80 Human Assassin

The battle is all over except the "shouting" when one knows what is wanted and has made up his mind to get it, whatever the price may be.
  • crabclaw
    crabclaw Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    amarantos wrote: »
    how do people know if they're temp banned or permabanned? just gonna have to wait it out? lol

Currently no accounts that were banned yesterday are unbanned. I'll make an announcement when we're finished with the investigation, at which point non-permabanned accounts will be active again.
  • babyjayyy
    babyjayyy Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    just a guess but probably involved a packet editor lol.
  • Tatiiana - Eyrda
    Tatiiana - Eyrda Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    nragedrain wrote: »
    well i did GL with priestessfaye as she was bragging about her triple clienting skills in party hmmmmm..... i shoulda screenied that -.-;

Normally I wouldn't give a rats **** about people trying to troll and flame others, however YOU nRage have gone over board and crossed the line.

Are you SO scared you stated to me in GL that you had 10 accounts all of which abused the halloween glitch to get your level 3(or almost level 3- 240chroma) wings that you would attempt to go on forums to try and bring everyone else down with you?

If you're scared of the consequences, then don't do it in the first place.

I was kind enough to completely IGNORE what you have done and leave it to the gm's to do their own investigations without any of my input, however YOU brought this upon yourself.

This all started when YOU cannot read and through your own blindness you accused me of being Taelisin or w/e (Tatiiana is not Taelisin, if you cannot read at least look at the damn signatures)

then knowing I had info on you, you cannot keep quiet and apologize for your own stupidity and continue on trying to point the attention on someone else.

Good grief kid, GROW UP.

-fact on 7/11/12 Australian EST 6pm ish, nRage did pm me and stated he used the halloween glitch (multiple times)

Hope you're happy your story is out.
    CzarinaRose

warriors are op ;3

facebook.com/fayebby.pwe
  • nragedrain
    nragedrain Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    if i did abuse the halloween event like EVERYONE else on the server [ i guess which i didn't ]
    i suggest you would take back your false blabla on me. then again "i am nice enough" to "not" report you triple login GL as you were bragging about it so openly.

Scared is a incorrect word to use to describe me
    Just keep it at "idgaf" and "stfu if possible" and "your still fail priest"
    "hate me love me, i kill you anyways <3" and GG Raging at a person named Rage =]
  • eytheria
    eytheria Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If you ask me, it involved the halloween event (since the webpage is offline)

People were talking about using firebug(an addon for mozilla), with which they could change the "random gift" they could get each day, by just changing the item ID in the source code.

Some people were stupid enough to spawn items that are currently not obtainable ingame. - Some were even more stupid to spawn not obtainable gift-box items, that trigger a world announcement that they opened it. Pro, right?

Now the Devs - or whoever is assigned to this case are checking the logs to see which items were sent to the mailbox on each character with the halloween system.
    If they will find items that were not possible to obtain in this event, they will take their ban-hammer and smash the hell out of the player.

P.S.: They should "ban" the person who scripted the webpage too - he's the one who actually started the whole thing :D

P.S.2: They should "ban" the gms or the investigators too :
    -half of the players that cheated are still running around ingame - but then again, they are prolly CS-pass-free players
  • creepyguy
    creepyguy Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    When I sent a ticket asking if I can get reimbursed if I supply screenshots of Book of Mastery glitch basically what they told me was "We can reimburse you the Book of Mastery, but not the gold".

As if the book is the expensive part.

Thankfully no glitch happened for me, but I was super careful with every step to take screenshots and calculate exactly how much I needed etc.

I don't get what this has to do with the topic. Are you trying to change it again?
  • Tatiiana - Eyrda
    Tatiiana - Eyrda Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    if i did abuse the halloween event like EVERYONE else on the server [ i guess which i didn't ]
    i suggest you would take back your false blabla on me. then again "i am nice enough" to "not" report you triple login GL as you were bragging about it so openly.

"hate me love me, i kill you anyways <3" and GG Raging at a person named Rage =]

Again you have proven you have the eye sight of a mole.

Can you not see "nRage" on my post? Its not false, especially since everything ingame if the gms wish to track can be found. Pm's mails items, everything has a transaction id.

I will leave it at that and its up to the GM's to do however they wish.

On a side note, I hope you keep digging a bigger hole for yourself. Enjoy.
    CzarinaRose

warriors are op ;3

facebook.com/fayebby.pwe
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    Firebat - Eyrda Posts: 4,190 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So... you merging all the servers into one after this? ... since most of the "skilled" players are now gone.... **** is even more empty.

I cant believe it was a damn HALLOWEEN event that destroyed the game...

Outrageous...

MULTIPLE TIMES you introduce an exploit and do NOTHING about it... then the next day you decide to axe everyone once your message of "do what you want, keep your ill-gotten goods, we will just fix our error" is stated loud and clear.

Sigh...
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • BegForIt - Eyrda
    BegForIt - Eyrda Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I support perma bans if they are guilty. Unban the innocent, and merge the servers :D
  • eytheria
    edited November 2012
    Well we got treated, now we're getting tricked :D
  • chronadecrox
    chronadecrox Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2012

sense i am bored
    I would like to point out something i have reported about...3-5 players who were on 3+ accounts at the same time and all who i got a screen shot of them saying "yes i log in on 3 accounts all the time" "the GM's cant track how many accounts your on" Ect. ZERO have been banned from what i have seen soo frankly i dont see how anyone would be threatened by someone saying "I'ma going you report you for 3+ accounts at the same time" Its...not much of a threat when the powers that be...don't do anything. Even when you admit your doing it and don't give a fudge that its against the rules.

Well that's my 2 cents lets hope that justice works out in the end
  • eytheria
    edited November 2012
    come oooooon people.. stop with this multiple account policy. This is not the actual problem here x'D
  • nragedrain
    nragedrain Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Normally I wouldn't give a rats **** about people trying to troll and flame others, however YOU nRage have gone over board and crossed the line.

Are you SO scared you stated to me in GL that you had 10 accounts all of which abused the halloween glitch to get your level 3(or almost level 3- 240chroma) wings that you would attempt to go on forums to try and bring everyone else down with you?

If you're scared of the consequences, then don't do it in the first place.

I was kind enough to completely IGNORE what you have done and leave it to the gm's to do their own investigations without any of my input, however YOU brought this upon yourself.

This all started when YOU cannot read and through your own blindness you accused me of being Taelisin or w/e (Tatiiana is not Taelisin, if you cannot read at least look at the damn signatures)

then knowing I had info on you, you cannot keep quiet and apologize for your own stupidity and continue on trying to point the attention on someone else.

Good grief kid, GROW UP.

-fact on 7/11/12 Australian EST 6pm ish, nRage did pm me and stated he used the halloween glitch (multiple times)

Hope you're happy your story is out.

you quote me so lol
  • chocobo55
    chocobo55 Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    [email protected] all dem ppl who got banned chocobro iz amused huehuehue so funnay, whoever thought they could do this and is now surprised they got banned jokes on u l0l es okay thers always other games.. lulz
  • Artheah - Eyrda
    Artheah - Eyrda Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Only around 5-6 people are going to get Perm banned on Eyrda...Thats not tht much.
    People need to chill their titties...
  • eytheria
    edited November 2012
    Only around 5-6 people are going to get Perm banned on Eyrda...Thats not tht much.
    People need to chill their titties...

oh? are the rest of the cheaters CSers?
  • NoOnesPerfcT - Eyrda
    NoOnesPerfcT - Eyrda Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    its not just the amount of people arth, its the people themselves, and their possitions and influences in varias ways
  • XDeadly - Eyrda
    XDeadly - Eyrda Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    chocobo55 wrote: »
    [email protected] all dem ppl who got banned chocobro iz amused huehuehue so funnay, whoever thought they could do this and is now surprised they got banned jokes on u l0l es okay thers always other games.. lulz

no u;)
    You may not upload animated images.

da fuq?
  • Lourd - Eyrda
    Lourd - Eyrda Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Kinda confused about what's going on, so I read some pages and now I'm even more confused. oh well, at least glad that PWE is doing something about something. I never used any exploits and none of my accounts seem to be banned so that is good at least
  • Javert - Storm Legion
    Javert - Storm Legion Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I haven't seen a notable change on Storm yet, player base wise anyways. I am happy something is finally getting done.
    Proud leader of Bushido Since Closed beta Phase 3. The longest Leadership on Storm Server.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Javert - 80 Protector - Diamond
    Gavrouche - 80 Marksman - Burst
    Vahlian - 80 Warrior - Elemental

If You experience Loadscreen Crashes Follow the Steps to Try to fix it! -->
    http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=429091
  • Crum - Eyrda
    Crum - Eyrda Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    chocobo55 wrote: »

Chococrums <3
  • Sinful_Tia - Storm Legion
    Sinful_Tia - Storm Legion Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ok ppl u mite as well just stop typing and save ur fingers the work, unless u just like to have some1 to fight with or u like talking to urself.

The point here is Crab says these people r being investigated and we know some have gotten banned.

But really r these people who r currently under the Ban Hammer even paying any mind to the fact they r that way cuz they r being punished?
    Nope, they dont have a clue obviously, cuz a majority of them r currently still playin the game.
    OFC not on any of the chars they were banned under, but instead they have found or created loopholes to Undermine that Ban Hammer. ex: signing on and playin under a friends acct, or just made a new acct.

Either way, depending on how u look at it, they broke the rules and r temporiarily being punished for it, with the chance of being perma punished for it.

Its teaching them nothing, cuz they r still here! They r still exploiting the vulernabilities of the game and will continue to do so as long as they can get away with it (which they do, more or less) :(

And I have to agree with others, If they done something wrong and then find out they r being punished for it, they just turn around and do something else, like this. It's not gonna stop them :mad: Its just a vicious circle that is gonna continue.

Cuz unfortunately what has been said b4 is true:
    Once a Cheater, always a Cheater.
    Once an Exploiter, always an Exploiter.
    Once a Hacker, always a Hacker.
    I think u follow my logic here.

I really dont know what PWE can do or is willing to do to stop this stuff from happening, but I will say this much:

Just quit being jelly of what others have that u dont have, cuz they most likely got it the WRONG way.
    If u want something ingame , use the want for that item as the fuel to feed ur own fire to get it, but the RIGHT way.
    Just sit back ENJOY the game and stop worrying about what every1 else is doing.

U all mite as well give up the fight with these people cuz they have pretty much won the war already.
  • shytani
    shytani Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What no one seems to get or understand is that no matter how much they complain or whine about not having or getting something because of some hackers doesn't matter one sliver of a bit. PWE is doing what THEY decide to do. Most of the time us players do not see it because it really doesn't affect us. It is nice of them to say what is going on so at least there is a little bit of knowledge instead of wild rumors going around... oh wait! That is already going on. PFFT! They don't have to tell us anything! Hopefully this will be finished soon as the event has been delayed a lot as it is. Maybe the thing crab holds later will be really good. If not then it's still free so please have patience and let them do their job.

Thanks crab and everyone working on this situation. =) Have a nice evening.
  • Zaviere - Storm Legion
    Zaviere - Storm Legion Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    eytheria wrote: »
    Well we got treated, now we're getting tricked :D

This actually made me chuckle a little. I love irony.

Also, this thread made me miss a 12v12 queue :C
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/watch?v=S3bRPHPQsOs (copy-able text link)
  • fthawe
    fthawe Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Instead of ban why not just lower their characters level to 35 and take away all items

Much better right
  • Javert - Storm Legion
    Javert - Storm Legion Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    fthawe wrote: »
    Instead of ban why not just lower their characters level to 35 and take away all items

Much better right

Nope! I don't think I need to explain why.
    Proud leader of Bushido Since Closed beta Phase 3. The longest Leadership on Storm Server.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Javert - 80 Protector - Diamond
    Gavrouche - 80 Marksman - Burst
    Vahlian - 80 Warrior - Elemental

If You experience Loadscreen Crashes Follow the Steps to Try to fix it! -->
    http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=429091
  • Aesica - Storm Legion
    Aesica - Storm Legion Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    crabclaw wrote: »
    Update 11/8 - We are still in the process of individually checking accounts involved in this situation. We have complete logs of everything that has occurred in relation to this, and it is safe to say that many of the bans implemented yesterday will be permanent. This will take some additional time to thoroughly investigate. I'll try to have more information tomorrow.
    In that case, I take back many of the things I've said. Bravo. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Unofficial Forsaken World Talent Calculator:
    http://www.aesica.net/fw
This discussion has been closed.