3rd party program abuse investigation

Comments

• nragedrain
    nragedrain Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Oh, so this is dustymidnight? dusty was abusing the bug LOL

dusty was abusing the bug <- sounds more like stating fictional facts more then stating a opinion here. Just because you got kicked out Catalyst for healing like a lv40 priest yet being lv80 doesn't really justify on flaming an innocent player here lil Girl.

either some clear facts or hold back the scat spreader gun over this one cause seeing your bad reputation doesn't make it anymore reliable to be listening to your rumor spreading reports.

Also heard Final guildleader and officer got banned what happened there? they seemed to be innocent as well right?
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    Borsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well Taliesin is not Faye though. :p
  • Aesica - Storm Legion
    Aesica - Storm Legion Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I can't help but wonder at the vagueness of "appropriate action." This could mean anything from a slap on the wrist and scolding words to a permaban from all PWE games. It'll be interesting to watch this unfold. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Unofficial Forsaken World Talent Calculator:
    http://www.aesica.net/fw
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    :mad:mfw my kyurem-b gets killed by breloom

you should be ashamed.
  • Tatiiana - Eyrda
    Tatiiana - Eyrda Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    nragedrain wrote: »
    dusty was abusing the bug <- sounds more like stating fictional facts more then stating a opinion here. Just because you got kicked out Catalyst for healing like a lv40 priest yet being lv80 doesn't really justify on flaming an innocent player here lil Girl.

either some clear facts or hold back the scat spreader gun over this one cause seeing your bad reputation doesn't make it anymore reliable to be listening to your rumor spreading reports.

Also heard Final guildleader and officer got banned what happened there? they seemed to be innocent as well right?

1. IM NOT Taliesin, CAN YOU NOT SEE MY NAME IS TATIIANA?

2. Im not even level 80 LOL get your facts straight.

3. YOU were the ONLY one with a problem about my gears and non existent wings, when Ive NEVER had a complaint about it with anyone whilst I was in Catalyst.

4. Innocent player my ****, by taking your anger out on me WITHOUT even taking note of whose saying what clearly shows YOUR LOGIC.

5. You had a problem with me having my toon ONLINE whilst it was 4am and I was in bed sleeping whilst some stupid WB was on. I came back online to see YOUR SPAM on pm claiming you know I'm there but I'm ignoring you. Really? Get a life.

6. My bad reputation of what? Please enlighten me on how bad my reputation is according to your book of reputations, wait actually, IDGAF.

So please scurry along and go back to whatever cave you came out of and stop trying to defend your own idiotic actions and then flaming ME for apparently talking to you, when YOU CANT EVEN SEE THE ALPHABET AND NAMES PROPERLY

PS, I've never and will never intend to heal your **** so don't even go there about my heals.
    My 45k heals aren't my life.

As my first ONE damn post actually states, I believe the GM's are taking precaution and are simply checking the banned accounts to see if there were any legitimate breech of terms and conditions through the use of a 3rd program. Innocent until proven guilty, and they are on the proving part. OR should I type it in layman's term and then google translate it to your language?

CzarinaRose

warriors are op ;3

facebook.com/fayebby.pwe
  • Satayra - Illyfue
    Satayra - Illyfue Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Firebug is not 3rd party program, people were using it to alter data on the halloween webpage since it was entirely clientside and you could enter any item id according to another forum post.

That is 100% pwe's fault for being lazy coders. I'm guessing this is cleanup since a lot of items that were previously impossible to get ingame were spawned - pet skills like Dan's, V gems, King weapon, etc

How is firebug not a 3rd party program? You can alter data which you can not alter without it.. You can even see it as hacking, even if its client sided?
  • nragedrain
    nragedrain Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2012

1. IM NOT Taliesin, CAN YOU NOT SEE MY NAME IS TATIIANA?

2. Im not even level 80 LOL get your facts straight.

3. YOU were the ONLY one with a problem about my gears and non existent wings, when Ive NEVER had a complaint about it with anyone whilst I was in Catalyst.

4. Innocent player my ****, by taking your anger out on me WITHOUT even taking note of whose saying what clearly shows YOUR LOGIC.

5. You had a problem with me having my toon ONLINE whilst it was 4am and I was in bed sleeping whilst some stupid WB was on. I came back online to see YOUR SPAM on pm claiming you know I'm there but I'm ignoring you. Really? Get a life.

6. My bad reputation of what? Please enlighten me on how bad my reputation is according to your book of reputations, wait actually, IDGAF.

So please scurry along and go back to whatever cave you came out of and stop trying to defend your own idiotic actions and then flaming ME for apparently talking to you, when YOU CANT EVEN SEE THE ALPHABET AND NAMES PROPERLY

PS, I've never and will never intend to heal your **** so don't even go there about my heals.
    My 45k heals aren't my life.

As my first ONE damn post actually states, I believe the GM's are taking precaution and are simply checking the banned accounts to see if there were any legitimate breech of terms and conditions through the use of a 3rd program. Innocent until proven guilty, and they are on the proving part. OR should I type it in layman's term and then google translate it to your language?

read my post again see if i say priestessfaye in it lol
    then again you responded so you must felt spoken 2
    odd much?

*** Originally Posted by nragedrain

Also heard Final guildleader and officer got banned what happened there? they seemed to be innocent as well right? ***

i just really like the part where you feel spoken 2 =]
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    Aishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    How is firebug not a 3rd party program? You can alter data which you can not alter without it.. You can even see it as hacking, even if its client sided?
    It's an addon for firefox not a 3rd party program unless you consider the web browser one as well Oo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tatiiana - Eyrda
    Tatiiana - Eyrda Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    To avoid confusion

@whomever nragedrain is

You rageaholic, did it not occur to YOU that you wrote that in response to what I posted before hand?

AND so are you trying to say Borsook was reading too much into what you wrote when he said

Yesterday 11:02 PM
    Borsook - Eyrda Well Taliesin is not Faye though. :p

The hole you're digging for yourself is getting deeper, I advice you to stop nragedrain.

Oh wait or is Taliesin a level 80 priest who so happened to be from cata and then removed from cata and Taliesin is a priest from Final?

Enlighten me, I've got all night as I have bot set up to bot all night.

EDIT: for typos and sentence structures.
    CzarinaRose

warriors are op ;3

facebook.com/fayebby.pwe
  • Satayra - Illyfue
    edited November 2012
    It's an addon for firefox not a 3rd party program unless you consider the web browser one as well Oo

I consider the add-on as a third party program.

And doesnt matter how much its PWE`s fault for bad security, its knowingly using a program to bypass the (bad) security. While I dont see refreshing the page as bypassing security in anyway.. It was fully possible to do anything there
  • eytheria
    eytheria Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I wonder - will CSers be treated in the same way as the non CS players?
    I have a feeling that CSers will be banned for.. like... 3 days, while non CSers will have their accounts banned :D
    That's what happens in every mmorpg! :D
  • Sassana - Illyfue
    Sassana - Illyfue Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think PWE is just bsing to save face after the Halloween fiasco.
    ^This.

+ a few ppl will get a ban lasting a few days and that will be it...
    Yeah if the past is any indication they will lock the acts for a week, take no action, then release them. I hope I'm wrong, but I won't be a bit surprised if people only get banned for 3 days or something.

Remember the big bloodstone mess where people got all the free bs 4's? Half the top players got their acts locked down but they all got them back in a few days with all the gems they exploited. Some punishment huh?

+1 or it should be +3

That would be something new they would start 2 use and follow their ToS :eek::D
    So the moral is..... Exploit everything and don't tell the gms or they will take it away.

Gotcha...

Don't ask, don't tell.

By FireBat

True story
  • RejectedJu - Nyos
    RejectedJu - Nyos Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have no idea what is going on as I am rather new to Forsaken World but, If they are having some problems regarding third party software being used to undermine FW, Maybe they could do things like other big companies do (and in the game sector PWE are one of the biggest). Facebook for instance pays people to show them vulnerabilities that they have found and it works too, to a certain extent.

Maybe that would be of use here in FW, if you find a vulnerability, report it and then they can fix it.

Just an idea... Even if payment is in soul coins or gold coins and not real money?
  • EvilSheep - Illyfue
    EvilSheep - Illyfue Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I just wish that PWE would actually take some drastic measures like perma-banning all those exploiters/criminals.

My server would be so peaceful.

:(

Edited for Aiushtha :P lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~ ★ EvilSheep® - Dark Vampire - Lv80 since March 2012 ★ ~
    Lv80 Divine Priest - Lv80 Wind Bard - Lv80 Frost Mage
    Breath of Life - Florence + The Machine
    Because my Vamp comes with her own Theme Song.
    I'm not amoosed by the default forum font.
  • Satayra - Illyfue
    edited November 2012
    I have no idea what is going on as I am rather new to Forsaken World but, If they are having some problems regarding third party software being used to undermine FW, Maybe they could do things like other big companies do (and in the game sector PWE are one of the biggest). Facebook for instance pays people to show them vulnerabilities that they have found and it works too, to a certain extent.

Maybe that would be of use here in FW, if you find a vulnerability, report it and then they can fix it.

Just an idea... Even if payment is in soul coins or gold coins and not real money?

They`d have to get their own programmers checking it when creating this... But seems they dont?

And paying players gold for something like this.. Who can they trust? What if the player they`re trusting, isnt abusing it..
  • parking
    parking Posts: 1,101 Arc User
    edited November 2012

WOW, I actually thought you were way smarter then to try this ,, ROFL

Problem is you are Smart enough to try semantics ,,,

3rd party Program

ANY software that is NOT EXPRESSLY Written, designed, developed, authorized to operate, modify, or manipulate a program

IE: a Speed hack NOT authorized, developed specifically for any PWE/Wanmie program
    Any program that lets you modify server side is a HACK
    Any Program that lets you modify Client side is a HACK
    HACKING is ILLEGAL

any program that lets you MODIFYING any part of any PWE/Wanmie prog on your computer to enhance your gameplay in any way that is NOT AUTHORIED by PWE/Wanmai

For people off the Short bus, and those who get rides to school by Taxi ...
    NO TOUCHY,, NO FEELY,, Keep your hands out of your pants !!

IF IT IS NOT PART OF THE ORIGINAL PROGRAM YOU DOWNLOADED FROM PWE/WANMIE

does it have to be explained more?

Why do you morons have to act like your 3 and go " DUH! I DIDNT KNOW I COULDNT DO IT"
    You cant fix STUPID, but YOU CAN KILL IT ! ! !
    FYI:90% of my post is sarcasm,read it again and figure it out!
  • eytheria
    eytheria Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Can we get more info about it - like - when are the people (those that didn't do anything) gonna be unbanned?
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    Borsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    parking wrote: »

3rd party Program

ANY software that is NOT EXPRESSLY Written, designed, developed, authorized to operate, modify, or manipulate a program

IE: a Speed hack NOT authorized, developed specifically for any PWE/Wanmie program
    HACKING is ILLEGAL

any program that lets you MODIFYING any part of any PWE/Wanmie prog on your computer to enhance your gameplay in any way that is NOT AUTHORIED by PWE/Wanmai

Because we're talking about the browser.

I wasn't aware that PWE/wanmei had a browser we had to use for their web pages. It has nothing to do with the game client. Get a clue before posting.

By that logic any browser is a 3rd party program so we can't view the website. How are you posting this? You're using a 3rd party browser.
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    Aishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited November 2012

3rd party Program

HACKING is ILLEGAL

Why do you morons have to act like your 3 and go " DUH! I DIDNT KNOW I COULDNT DO IT"
    You're not too bright, idc what you classify hack or not, I was talking about your usage as "3rd party program". An addon is NOT a program, the program is FIREFOX. Learn some programming then talk dumbass.

You do realize Firefox itself can be made to operate like Firebug right? That's what an addon does basically, just enhances the original program with additional functions that weren't made by the developers.

btw Firefox is not made by PWE / Wanmei, you wanna give us a browser that is? Since from your post you made it sound like nothing else is allowed. :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bucketlolis
    bucketlolis Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Parking, you have poobrain. Shh.
    [SIGPIC]http://i42.tinypic.com/ilhb7p.png[/SIGPIC]
    Fatexu: Level 80 Human Assassin

The battle is all over except the "shouting" when one knows what is wanted and has made up his mind to get it, whatever the price may be.
  • Magicka - Storm Legion
    Magicka - Storm Legion Posts: 2,061 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You are all assuming its to do with the Halloween event....

All I will say is I saw a World Chat where someone was advertising some '3rd party' program for cash last week.

After all, we've all seen those Vampires running around with the odd names.

Maybe it's related to that instead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    'I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well
    as you deserve.' ~ Bilbo Baggins
  • bucketlolis
    bucketlolis Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You are all assuming its to do with the Halloween event....

All I will say is I saw a World Chat where someone was advertising some '3rd party' program for cash last week.

After all, we've all seen those Vampires running around with the odd names.

Maybe it's related to that instead.

Possibly..

What if it's one of those gold sellers doing something?
    [SIGPIC]http://i42.tinypic.com/ilhb7p.png[/SIGPIC]
    Fatexu: Level 80 Human Assassin

The battle is all over except the "shouting" when one knows what is wanted and has made up his mind to get it, whatever the price may be.
  • EvilSheep - Illyfue
    EvilSheep - Illyfue Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Apparently tons of people are getting banned so have fun with your ghost town servers >.>

Ghost town server would be epic!!!! kinda post apocalyptic :D all the terds gone and stuff
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~ ★ EvilSheep® - Dark Vampire - Lv80 since March 2012 ★ ~
    Lv80 Divine Priest - Lv80 Wind Bard - Lv80 Frost Mage
    Breath of Life - Florence + The Machine
    Because my Vamp comes with her own Theme Song.
    I'm not amoosed by the default forum font.
  • jornaage
    jornaage Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I hate those Mother "#
  • parking
    parking Posts: 1,101 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I love the way you people try to dodge this with Semantics ,,,

If it is NOT AUTHORIZED by PWE / Wanmie ..

If it Makes PWE / WANMIE program act or do something it was NOT INTENDED TO DO

If it makes your PWE Client side Prog do something NOT SPECIFICALLY INTENDED

If it makes the PWE SERVER SIDE Prog do something UNINTENDED

Do we need to get a HAMMER out and Hit you upside the head when I say every word so it sinks in ...

FireBug makes FW do something that was NOT INTENDED ,, NOT EXPECTED,, NOT SUPPOSED to happen

FireBug lets you ALTER the way FW was supposed to,, Expected to, Intended to operate

It doesnt matter if FireBug,, Or BigBigSlug, or WannaHug or whateverthefk its name is, is intended to work with FireFox,, Or with Internet Explorer, or What ever Fkin browser you use

It makes FW do something its NOT SUPPOSED TO DO!! NOT INTENDED TO DO

In other words FireBug is a 3rd party Prog that lets you HACK FW

I dont care what you call it, it lets you bypass the intended security protocols in a way the was not intended or expected
    You cant fix STUPID, but YOU CAN KILL IT ! ! !
    FYI:90% of my post is sarcasm,read it again and figure it out!
  • nonamestochoose
    nonamestochoose Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Do we need to get a HAMMER out and Hit you upside the head when I say every word so it sinks in ...

FireBug makes FW do something that was NOT INTENDED ,, NOT EXPECTED,, NOT SUPPOSED to happen

FireBug lets you ALTER the way FW was supposed to,, Expected to, Intended to operate

It doesnt matter if FireBug,, Or BigBigSlug, or WannaHug or whateverthefk its name is, is intended to work with FireFox,, Or with Internet Explorer, or What ever Fkin browser you use

I dont care what you call it, it lets you bypass the intended security protocols in a way the was not intended or expected

They do this because some have spent thousands on this game and it's their life!
  • Korabell - Storm Legion
    Korabell - Storm Legion Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I hope this issue is resolved quickly. And i know us players do not always see eye to eye with gm's but you guys are hard workers and it should be greatly appreciated. Keep up the good work and lets get back to happily playing everyone.:)
  • RocksYaSoxOff - Storm Legion
    RocksYaSoxOff - Storm Legion Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited November 2012

In addition to what parking has stated,

PWE did not brainstorm, create, program, test and implement Firebug. The rights to Firebug belong to a company not related to PWE. Therefore, Firebug can be seen as third party program in the eyes of PWE.

Many of you are stating that Firebug does not affect the actual game, true it doesn't. However since Firebug is affecting what the Forsaken World website is suppose to do, it is viewed as a hack/ cheat whatever.
  • Sassana - Illyfue
    edited November 2012

btw Firefox is not made by PWE / Wanmei, you wanna give us a browser that is? Since from your post you made it sound like nothing else is allowed. :p

Use core connect :D thst is written by them. But they wont do anything they just suspend them for couple days and realese the acc and let them keep what they earned because it was not they fault they have the 3rd party program. :D:D:D
    So the moral is..... Exploit everything and don't tell the gms or they will take it away.

Gotcha...

Don't ask, don't tell.

By FireBat

True story
  • Sassana - Illyfue
    edited November 2012
    Ghost town server would be epic!!!! kinda post apocalyptic :D all the terds gone and stuff

yea like cataclysm :D

Gotcha...

Don't ask, don't tell.

By FireBat

True story
This discussion has been closed.