3rd party program abuse investigation

Comments

• Chocolate_Rain - Storm Legion
    Chocolate_Rain - Storm Legion Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I can't speak for Crab, but I'm 99% sure that when he does have something to post he will do it on the first page, and also let you guys know in here that it's been updated. Granted the speed that this has been going, it could be missed.

with the rate of how fast this thread is going, kinda reminds me of when the DDoS happened. Or when the servers were down because of an error lol
    It's pretty sad when a game forum is more entertaining than the actual game itself.
  • Sinful_Tia - Storm Legion
    Sinful_Tia - Storm Legion Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I can't speak for Crab, but I'm 99% sure that when he does have something to post he will do it on the first page, and also let you guys know in here that it's been updated. Granted the speed that this has been going, it could be missed.

"Granted the speed that this has been going, it could be missed." I lol'd at this , thanks for the chuckle Nyxa :D;):)
  • Blank_ - Eyrda
    Blank_ - Eyrda Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Granted the speed that this has been going, it could be missed.
    Yeah, this seriously became a flame war rather than a moral battle of what's right and what's wrong.
  • renisbackagain
    renisbackagain Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    jagurnath7 wrote: »
    shyren please stop isnt jax finding a game for you and bors to play with him stop QQ you did something WRONG and got banned simple DONT HACK and you wont get banned

Who's your main so we know who a major idiot is? I don't even sound remotely like Shy. I have a USA IP, he's from Romania.

Shyren has only been around since FW, I've been around since PWI was in "CB" in 2008.
    fwdrama1 wrote: »
    Again you have absolutely no prove, but yet you are sitting here accusing people. Do you talk out of your **** on purpose or does it happen on accident.

Actually, everyone knows it. And everyone knows people who account share and don't get banned. Shove it. Account sharing shouldn't even be against the TOS, even the gms know it.
    Want someone on a PWE game banned? Post some loose info about your enemy on an account seller website and even after years of petitioning they're f***ed!
    http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3448841&postcount=1
    "Players that already received arena gear will be allowed to keep the gear (it's not their fault that the bug was there)." - RayPWE
  • fwdrama1
    fwdrama1 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Actually, everyone knows it. And everyone knows people who account share and don't get banned. Shove it. Account sharing shouldn't even be against the TOS, even the gms know it.

Well for your information... her ip address is shared by multiple people... what does that mean dumbshit.

Also again a stupid remark about the ip addresses. I live in the us, but no problem to play the game of a european ip address.

So far you have NO prove except what you heard. and sounds to me you believe everything people say

And to be honest since apparently you "live" in the us because you have a "us" ip address, which as far as i know in the us they have something called "innocent untill proven guilty" which so far you apparently dont care about. Yet you love the ToS...
    Talking about double standards
    edited November 2012

Account Sharring isn't what this thread is for, if you have a problem with it...take it to a different thread. k thx bai
    It's pretty sad when a game forum is more entertaining than the actual game itself.
    edited November 2012
    Wow Ren really.. Must u?

This thread was quiet for a whole 5 mins

Oh Wait... I kno why, cause u were backtracking thru threads to find something to argue about.

its like this.....

bankers-arrested-300x211.png

Deal with it and find a new game to play since not many seem to like u and u have even stated u been banned already 10 times.

10 times...wow... sounds like u dont learn ur lesson well either.
  • renisbackagain
    edited November 2012
    Wow Ren really.. Must u?

This thread was quiet for a whole 5 mins

Oh Wait... I kno why, cause u were backtracking thru threads to find something to argue about.

its like this.....

bankers-arrested-300x211.png

Deal with it and find a new game to play since not many seem to like u and u have even stated u been banned already 10 times.

10 times...wow... sounds like u dont learn ur lesson well either.
    Really? First ban -> accused of trying to sell my account (someone posted some loose info about me on an acc seller forum)
    Subsequent bans were accounts made to send support tickets.
    Last 3 bans were from this exploit.
    Want someone on a PWE game banned? Post some loose info about your enemy on an account seller website and even after years of petitioning they're f***ed!
    "Players that already received arena gear will be allowed to keep the gear (it's not their fault that the bug was there)." - RayPWE
    edited November 2012
    Really? First ban -> accused of trying to sell my account (someone posted some loose info about me on an acc seller forum)

So explain how you managed to somehow get banned 3 times, when accounts were 1st disabled pending an investigation about the 3rd party problem?

(log-in issues do not count as a ban)

And if the account selling stuff really happened to you, why in the world would you post how to do it in your sig to open others up to doing it?
  • Wispie - Eyrda
    Wispie - Eyrda Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I thought about reading this thread for a whole 30 seconds, then realized the massive headache that would ensue from it.
  • renisbackagain
    edited November 2012
    And if the account selling stuff really happened to you, why in the world would you post how to do it in your sig to open others up to doing it?

Because if more people do it, PWE will get their head out of their ****?

I wasn't banned 3 times at different times, it was 3 accounts on ban day.
  • Frost_Fang - Nyos
    Frost_Fang - Nyos Posts: 837 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Who's your main so we know who a major idiot is? I don't even sound remotely like Shy. I have a USA IP, he's from Romania.

Shyren has only been around since FW, I've been around since PWI was in "CB" in 2008.

Lets see, so you're not Aishleen, yet you know pretty much everything there is to know about it. Personally, I got no idea who on my server only started with FW and who was around for longer, but it's good thing that you decided that knowing everything about the person everyone thinks you are is a good idea.

And secondly, a guy refusing to post his ingame name is asking others to do it ? You sir have little shame.
    Member of "KoS_" cause unless you stand for something, you will fall for anything.
  • QuantoXNotica - Eyrda
    QuantoXNotica - Eyrda Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2012

:0 So ren tell us who this person called renisbackagain is? I mean he seems knowledgable about the happenings in fw as well as shyren ? Are you sure it's not Shyren aka Aishleen? Case of multiple personality disorder?
    edited November 2012

Ren I dont beleive I know u, and not gonna try to pretend I do either.

I just made a comment to what u said on another post about how many times u have been banned.

I have only been banned once in all my times with PWE (since mid 2009).

And to b truthful I cant even remember why I was banned, but do recall it wasnt for more than 1 day.

And I will admit I myself used the refresh option on 2 of my accts ( which may I note was b4 Crab posted the page wasnt supp to have that feature) But I had good reason to do it.
    At the time the USA was getting hit with Hurricane Sandy, I live in Massachussets. Even though we didnt take a direct hit it did hit us.
    The Internet was acting up periodically, TV (even tho we have Cable TV) was acting up, etc.
    So all I am trying to say is .. The refresh option exploit COULD'VE been done innocently for some, since what do most of us do when a page wont load up right?
    We Refresh.
    I dont know how many times I have had to repeatedly try to reload the FW website, forums, Core Connect page, etc.

I wont b banned cuz Hurricane Sandy decided to wiggle many internet lines or disrupt a darn satellite signal just to please you or any others.

Cuz what Mother Nature does is out of us Human Beings' hands.

I will say after a few times of refreshing to get the page to load right, I either (1) got the page loaded right and claimed my prize or (2) just gave up and came back later to try again.

So dont try to take me down with you just cuz I bought my Significant Other a Felicity Pet outta the AH around the same time the Exploiting was happening.

At the time I bought it for him I was unaware of the glitch in the Halloween page for 1.
    For 2, there is absolutely NO way to know if that item came out of a Orb or was gotten using the glitch.
    All I know is I charged $110 (USD) in Zen, which netted me 4,400 leaves, and on Illyfue Server at that time leaves were being bought for 33s 61c to 33s 33c. I sold all my leaves (4400) to net me 16D 35g 301c.
    I do have a screenshot of this also. But I take the SS's for my own safety, since I was stupid enuf once b4 to give an ingame bf my acct info and then 1 day found he had broke up with me but b4 he did he wiped my acct of EVERYTHING.
    PWE didnt then in (2009) give me any of my stuff back. U kno why? Cuz the ToS says this :
    1) You, as creator of your Account and User ID, are solely responsible for your User ID .
    2) If a User ID violates any part of these terms, we may immediately, temporarily, or permanently ban such a User ID, with or without notice.
    3) PWE is not responsible for any misuse of your Account or your User ID, you agree to accept all risks of unauthorized access to your Account and to hold PWE and its affiliates harmless from and against any improper use of your Account or your User ID, including, but not limited to, improper use by someone to whom you revealed your password.

#3 is where they get ya. Give out ur password to some1 u take ur chances with whatever happens to UR acct. But it is UR acct and anything another person does while on UR acct falls backs on U the Acct Maker/Holder/Owner.

I learned my lesson then not to give out my acct info & now when I make transactions I SS them.

But Most of all, I learned my lesson not to mess with PWE, cuz they do have a right to change their minds at any given moment without warning.
  • renisbackagain
    edited November 2012
    I posted one message ON BEHALF of Shyren/Aishleen (javascript comment 10 or 20 pages back) and I never even said who the post was from.

Where have I claimed to know everything about him? Stop being stupid.
    I really don't give a **** what you believe. I've told you the facts, you wanna further stain his rep with lies be my guest!
    edited November 2012

I just made a comment to what u said on another post about how many times u have been banned.

And to b truthful I cant even remember why I was banned, but do recall it wasnt for more than 1 day.

And I will admit I myself used the refresh option on 2 of my accts ( which may I note was b4 Crab posted the page wasnt supp to have that feature) But I had good reason to do it.
    At the time the USA was getting hit with Hurricane Sandy, I live in Massachussets. Even though we didnt take a direct hit it did hit us.
    The Internet was acting up periodically, TV (even tho we have Cable TV) was acting up, etc.
    So all I am trying to say is .. The refresh option exploit COULD'VE been done innocently for some, since what do most of us do when a page wont load up right?
    We Refresh.
    I dont know how many times I have had to repeatedly try to reload the FW website, forums, Core Connect page, etc.

I wont b banned cuz Hurricane Sandy decided to wiggle many internet lines or disrupt a darn satellite signal just to please you or any others.

I will say after a few times of refreshing to get the page to load right, I either (1) got the page loaded right and claimed my prize or (2) just gave up and came back later to try again.

So dont try to take me down with you just cuz I bought my Significant Other a Felicity Pet outta the AH around the same time the Exploiting was happening.

At the time I bought it for him I was unaware of the glitch in the Halloween page for 1.
    For 2, there is absolutely NO way to know if that item came out of a Orb or was gotten using the glitch.
    All I know is I charged $110 (USD) in Zen, which netted me 4,400 leaves, and on Illyfue Server at that time leaves were being bought for 33s 61c to 33s 33c. I sold all my leaves (4400) to net me 16D 35g 301c.
    I do have a screenshot of this also. But I take the SS's for my own safety, since I was stupid enuf once b4 to give an ingame bf my acct info and then 1 day found he had broke up with me but b4 he did he wiped my acct of EVERYTHING.
    PWE didnt then in (2009) give me any of my stuff back. U kno why? Cuz the ToS says this :
    1) You, as creator of your Account and User ID, are solely responsible for your User ID .
    2) If a User ID violates any part of these terms, we may immediately, temporarily, or permanently ban such a User ID, with or without notice.
    3) PWE is not responsible for any misuse of your Account or your User ID, you agree to accept all risks of unauthorized access to your Account and to hold PWE and its affiliates harmless from and against any improper use of your Account or your User ID, including, but not limited to, improper use by someone to whom you revealed your password.

#3 is where they get ya. Give out ur password to some1 u take ur chances with whatever happens to UR acct. But it is UR acct and anything another person does while on UR acct falls backs on U the Acct Maker/Holder/Owner.

I learned my lesson then not to give out my acct info & now when I make transactions I SS them.

But Most of all, I learned my lesson not to mess with PWE, cuz they do have a right to change their minds at any given moment without warning.

agreed with you hun, I was only banned once as well and it was on FW back in beta when I spammed world chat with Boxes for hours because I was pissed off at the drama. Even still, the ban was a 24hrs ban, more like a suspention imo. And Agreed with you on the account sharring too, we the owners of the account are tasked with keeping our username and password safety, so it is our responcibility to do so. Which is why it isnt stressed a lot. But this renisbackagain person wants everyone banned because they got banned for this exploit. If that was the case, everyone would be banned for using a web browser. I should be banned for viewing this page using IE lol.
    edited November 2012
    LET ME REPOST THIS since it obviously got overlooked
    Ok Ren we get it.

You dont think its fair that people were banned this time.

But stuff like this has happened b4, just not to this extreme.

And while PWE may not have done anything then or didnt do much at that time,

Doesnt mean they have'nt had enuf now.

And FINALLY said "We are gonna take action this time to prove a point that things of this nature arent gonna be tolerated anymore."

What I find the funniest is so much of the fighting on this game is between the Csers and non-Csers (with even some of the more moderate CSers in this category).

Non-CSers want for the same things CSers have.

And CSers flaunt the stuff in Non-CSers faces.

This game was designed as a Cash Shop Hog.

If your a Non-Cser you should realize you may never have the same items as CSers have.
    And consider yourself LUCKY if you do get them.

But does that give the CSers a Right to do the aforementioned outta Pure Meanness?

No.

All this pickering, QQing, whatever you may want to call it should just end.

If your a Non-CSer then its clear you chose to play this game without spending any money on it... so Why be Jealous of what someone who does spend money on the game ,does have?

And Csers should stop flaunting it in the Non-CSers faces to get your haha's.

I am a Modrate CSer myself, I know I will never reach End Game with near the stuff Big Csers have... So what.

When I see things come up in World Chat, Guild Chat, w/e; I just look at it and Admire it and say Wow that's nice and maybe I will get lucky enuf to get it someday.

Or If its something that could come up in the AH and be gotten that way (Like the Felicity Pet, for EX) I try to think of ways to make enuf gold to buy it from there.

Sure it may mean I cant get it Right That Moment, I may have to do some WORK to get it, but it can be gotten if you really want it bad enuf.

Like the Felicity Pet I mentioned, my bf has wanted it since they came out with the Kizmet Orbs, I have always had my eye on it for him since he mentioned it, I had my plans to get it for him somehow, someway.

Well the chance came and I had some gold already saved up and I got paid so I charged zen, which I sold enuf leaves to cover the rest of the 15D's for it. And he is now the proud owner of a felicity Pet :)

I dont go off in a corner and cry, or start devising a plan to get it the wrong way or plan out how to get revenge on the person.

I know this is wishful thinking, but maybe if more of you thought like I do and had a bit more patience (and quit trying to keep up with the Jones's) then this game would b a bit more fun for you and the rest of us.

Things can be gotten in time, if you dont RUSH to a high lvl, u will even get some of these things and have a chance to enjoy them b4 hitting lvl cap.

Think about and Love Thy Neighbor instead of Shoving a damn knife in their back.

Peace and Love All , Tia;)
  • BegForIt - Eyrda
    BegForIt - Eyrda Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited November 2012

We Refresh.

I'm on your side about refreshing not being the same type of offense as the item id. However, I think you're going a bit too far trying to use Sandy as an excuse :/

I live in NJ and the entire state got hit pretty hard. I don't think people were concerned about a webpage not loading right. If you live in a state just outside of sandy's range and had some shaky service, I still don't think people are dumb enough to not realize that the refresh is a glitch. I don't agree with you trying to blame weather as an excuse for SOME people.

But yes, it is a glitch in my opinion. A glitch related to the web browser. The item id is a hack/exploit. You're actually manipulating game data.
    edited November 2012
    I'm on your side about refreshing not being the same type of offense as the item id. However, I think you're going a bit too far trying to use Sandy as an excuse :/

I live in NJ and the entire state got hit pretty hard. I don't think people were concerned about a webpage not loading right. If you live in a state just outside of sandy's range and had some shaky service, I still don't think people are dumb enough to not realize that the refresh is a glitch. I don't agree with you trying to blame weather as an excuse for SOME people.

But yes, it is a glitch in my opinion. A glitch related to the web browser. The item id is a hack/exploit. You're actually manipulating game data.

we're not using the weather as an excuss, just stating a fact that other things can happen. Much like the snow storm that hit around the same time a year ago, it prevented a lot of people from getting rewards. that is all.
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    Firebat - Eyrda Posts: 4,190 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Actually... Shyren was in PWI with me... Raging tides server. (so... an extra few months before FW at a minimum)

EDIT: somewhat proof, though i don't believe this to be his "main":

Hello World!
    Complete your first quest.
    Feb 08, 2010
    http://core.perfectworld.com/ach/tyanara?game=pwi
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
    edited November 2012

Well from what I understand of the webpage refresh glitch is that u could pick a whole other prize...

But what I was tryin to clarify is what of us who didnt even try that? All we done was refresh the page due to it not loading right?

And really I should b banned for that? Over a Pet Essence, a Pumpkin Nox, a Vip Card, a **** load of Gem Flare Boxes and those Orbs that were in there.

Cuz that is all I got from the Event.

Dont get me wrong, I am happy to see PWE/Crab giving away anything for free, honestly.

I however am guilty of refreshing my page but not of changing the prize.

Can u see the difference here?

And Yeah I know NJ got it worse than us, and I am sorry the state took such a hit. I once lived in NYC.

But while u all were dealing with tryin not to drown to death, we up here dealt with some strong winds.
    NJ lost power and many other services, We did not, but instead dealt with those things in a different way.

I would've rather to have just lost everything right off, instead of sitting around going ok r we gonna lose it, ah no , ah wait it mite go down now, ah no , etc.

Not making Excuses, just saying that I kno myself I didnt cheat but did refresh.
    And I chose not to cheat even if I am told of a way to cheat.
    Cheaters always get caught sooner or later, and I like to live life peacefully, so y cheat when I truly believe that it will come back on u 2fold eventually?
  • parking
    parking Posts: 1,101 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    well, what I see is a few people who I DONT SEE ,,,

A few people who would have posted this thread that have NOT posted in it

and over the weekend,, a few people on STORM who have not been regular drama queens in WC

I cant say they will be missed by the many, or were loved by the few,,,
    But what ya gonna do, when the BAN HAMMER smacks down on you ?

Oh ya,, make an alt acc and whine, and QQ

All I can say is that this topic is NOT the center of attention on STORM and no one is really talking about it at all
    You cant fix STUPID, but YOU CAN KILL IT ! ! !
    FYI:90% of my post is sarcasm,read it again and figure it out!
  • jagurnath7
    jagurnath7 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I posted one message ON BEHALF of Shyren/Aishleen (javascript comment 10 or 20 pages back) and I never even said who the post was from.

Where have I claimed to know everything about him? Stop being stupid.
    I really don't give a **** what you believe. I've told you the facts, you wanna further stain his rep with lies be my guest!

rep he **** he did it himself he is nothing but a cheater trying to play innocent with sad attempts at justifying why he hack DONT HACK YOU WONT GET BANNED
    edited November 2012
    492-terminator-like-this-thread-it-just-wont-die.jpg
    edited November 2012
    parking wrote: »
    well, what I see is a few people who I DONT SEE ,,,

A few people who would have posted this thread that have NOT posted in it

and over the weekend,, a few people on STORM who have not been regular drama queens in WC

I cant say they will be missed by the many, or were loved by the few,,,
    But what ya gonna do, when the BAN HAMMER smacks down on you ?

Oh ya,, make an alt acc and whine, and QQ

All I can say is that this topic is NOT the center of attention on STORM and no one is really talking about it at all

I use this char to post on which show Storm as my server, cuz my Illyfue chars still wont let me post on them, even though they were made back in the last part of Oct.

I also have several accts and when asked about a Main char I reply honestly "I have 25 Mains ...(on Storm)" lol
  • renisbackagain
    edited November 2012
    jagurnath7 wrote: »
    rep he **** he did it himself he is nothing but a cheater trying to play innocent with sad attempts at justifying why he hack DONT HACK YOU WONT GET BANNED

How do you plan to justify all the people that got free arena gear? I got none, and my score can't rise over 2300 without paying 40d to get boosted by mega cashers.
    edited November 2012
    How do you plan to justify all the people that got free arena gear? I got none, and my score can't rise over 2300 without paying 40d to get boosted by mega cashers.

Didn't they hand out some type of freebie to those who did not exploit that?
  • jagurnath7
    jagurnath7 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    how Do You Plan To Justify All The People That Got Free Arena Gear? I Got None, And My Score Can't Rise Over 2300 Without Paying 40d To Get Boosted By Mega Cashers.

Dont Hack Wont Get Banned
  • massivedps
    massivedps Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i made a forum account so i can post its my first so you guys popped my forum cherry <3:D this is kinda funny to me i read one post say 8x pages and was like nope not really all i hope all you honestly did nothing gets the account back and LOL so hard 8x pages of what im sure is just nonsense also when im bored i like to cover myself with mayo < thats the truth i really do that anyways peace have fun :3
    edited November 2012

Because this has nothing to do with the title of this thread "3rd party program abuse investigation"

1812961-i_care_this_much_spiderman_reaction_macro__1__super.jpg
This discussion has been closed.