Overboard on anti-afk in 12v12

Darksiren - Storm Legion
Darksiren - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2012 in General Discussion
Ok i suck at PvP, so I often guard flags in 12v12 out of sight, and whenever someone takes it, i recover the flag 10 seconds later. Ussually my stats read like 1 kill, 5 deaths, and 10 flag caps. So yeah I suck in fighting, but I'm obviously active and helping my team win. Today I just got booted from 12v12 for watching a flag, I guess too long since noone had come and tried to take it in 2-3 minutes. And it wasnt even the 5 minutes that it would boot you pre-patch if you stayed at base. I had even moved a bit while back there. So what? If I dont actually try to attack someone in 2-3 minutes I now get booted? I now HAVE to be endlessly mauled by hardcore cash shoppers? I cant use my intelligence to find an alternate route to helping which is defintately useful? No wonder the population in 12v12 is dwindling...
Post edited by Darksiren - Storm Legion on

Comments

• Arizll - Eyrda
    Arizll - Eyrda Posts: 1,551 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I was testing this today. And I play on my bard, and switch over to priest to heal self and move every so often and it did not boot me out.

However my friend told me even if you move you still get booted out so maybe try to dark contract or something on yourself next time.
  • wintdkyo
    wintdkyo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    So the system boots if you don't use a skill every x minutes? If true, that's a bit overboard.
  • Darksiren - Storm Legion
    edited October 2012
    alright i'll try using periodic skills. Hopefully that helps, but this is still bogus.
    wintdkyo wrote: »
    So the system boots if you don't use a skill every x minutes? If true, that's a bit overboard.

Hence the title of the thread.
  • MeowHeals - Eyrda
    MeowHeals - Eyrda Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I was testing this today. And I play on my bard, and switch over to priest to heal self and move every so often and it did not boot me out.

However my friend told me even if you move you still get booted out so maybe try to dark contract or something on yourself next time.

You can just put bot on free run and it runs on its own, so its understandable why you have to do something.
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    Aishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It doesn't boot you if you don't use skills, it boots you if you stay in weird places to hide / afk, not just base now.

I tested this and I know for sure just pay attention to your "tent" icon (if it gets stacked to 5 you get boot)

If you get the icon MOVE to somewhere more "normal". Since you camp a flag, move to the flag, 100% the debuff will go away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2012
    You can just put bot on free run and it runs on its own, so its understandable why you have to do something.

Except you can actively be at your keyboard and useful while only moving and not using skills. The system now punishes certain useful behavior.

Edit: Oh and its not like the bot cant also use skills for you. [/sarcasm]
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    edited October 2012
    Once again, you don't have to use skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2012
    Once again, you don't have to use skills.

Explain how i was booted then? I was actually booted as i was running towards a flag to recover it... literally mid-horse-stride *sudden exit load screen*.

Edit: Nvm, totally missed your prior post, going to have to keep an eye out for an anti-afk tent-like icon as you suggest. But still, the whole POINT is to hide. Why dont they give this debuff to sins as they just stealth by a flag. I cant stealth, so I have to nearby hide. All i do is pretend I'm a sin essentially, but using buildings instead of stealth.
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    edited October 2012
    Yeah well people usually afk in those hidden places that's why :P

The debuff is called "Lost in Thought" btw, forgot to mention.

I think the debuff is a bit overboard in the places you can get it but eh I can live with it. You get it on the cliff near Farm, you get it behind the building at Trapper's, you get it underwater at Pier and in middle, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2012
    Yeah well people usually afk in those hidden places that's why :P

The debuff is called "Lost in Thought" btw, forgot to mention.

I think the debuff is a bit overboard in the places you can get it but eh I can live with it. You get it on the cliff near Farm, you get it behind the building at Trapper's, you get it underwater at Pier and in middle, etc.

I never see people perma afk at those spots. I should know since I'm hiding there. They perma afk up on cliffs and out where they cant be hit and killed. Everywhere I hide (yes behind building at trappers is one) I actually get spotted periodically (and mauled). That is in no way a good afk spot.

Score one more for sins, the only one's who can not only legitimately hide to cap flags, but also the only one's who can hide in "normal" areas and afk without a problem.
  • BegForIt - Eyrda
    BegForIt - Eyrda Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Ok i suck at PvP, so I often guard flags in 12v12 out of sight, and whenever someone takes it, i recover the flag 10 seconds later. Ussually my stats read like 1 kill, 5 deaths, and 10 flag caps. So yeah I suck in fighting, but I'm obviously active and helping my team win. Today I just got booted from 12v12 for watching a flag, I guess too long since noone had come and tried to take it in 2-3 minutes. And it wasnt even the 5 minutes that it would boot you pre-patch if you stayed at base. I had even moved a bit while back there. So what? If I dont actually try to attack someone in 2-3 minutes I now get booted? I now HAVE to be endlessly mauled by hardcore cash shoppers? I cant use my intelligence to find an alternate route to helping which is defintately useful? No wonder the population in 12v12 is dwindling...

Nah, like Aishleen said, just move a bit. It's tough if you're trying to hide at trappers behind the house. Usually, the tent icon goes away after i move outside the house near the buff location. I don't even have to go to the flag. Definitely don't go in the water. I think they made it so staying in the water boots u out too because that's a pretty obvious place to go afk.

What's weird is if you stand on the boat behind the house at the pier, you dont get a tent stack AT ALL. Makes no sense to me -_-

But yea, i don't think its THAT overboard. I dual client 12s a lot, esp during the last match b4 reset, and I can see how this deters some people from dual clienting which is the main purpose imo.
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    Borsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I wish they'd balance the damn map. Blue SUCKS it's so easily camped, while red has a slope and two exits to the flags.
    edited October 2012
    I wish they'd balance the damn map. Blue SUCKS it's so easily camped, while red has a slope and two exits to the flags.

Plus now, all the blue flag hiding areas are now afk-trapped while the red ones are not.