test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Messing up auction house is legal? (for sure is lame)

miciocicciomiciociccio Posts: 642 Arc User
edited October 2012 in General Discussion
Hi

Seem a bored (rich) moron lately love mess up with auction house in Illyfue, like buying all stuff of one kind and then putting it back at absurd prices, like right now lvl 1 pet skills that are in and x10 times their real price.

Now, oldies wont be deceived but many newbye (and even some oldies seem rofl) that dont know real prices and seeing like 4/5 skils all at those prices get deceived and then even scammed, yes they can ask older friends but seem also those sometimes are either distracted or confused seen happened that a friend that started the game lately asked a old friend and then got brute force lvl 1 at 40G (cuz maybe the oldie mistaken for lvl 2 and sais 30-60....).

To me this seem a lot like scamming, would suggest to just remve the useless "anonymous" **** from AH but ppls will just use no mane alts to do that, however this defo isnt gonna help the server to get more ppls or for the new to stay seen making golds nowadays is a pain and then you even get robbed by morons (then QQ more about there's always less ppls playing roflmao)

Anonymus or not GM can track down anyone and anything in the game and in their place i will happily permaban that miserable fail (with a miserable life for sure aswell) that love ruin other ppls game pleasure.

Prolly this is legal anyway so i can just ask a favor to that so nice person:

Find a railroad and give a kiss to a running train, do that favor to the world :3

BB and HF

FatPris lvl 80 prot Illyfue
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ILikeBigGu - IllyfueILikeBigGu - Illyfue Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Its business so ofcourse its legal
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credits to BerenOneHand for the awesome sig

New arena video (2015/05/01):
    youtube.com/watch?v=o3_ds-W-Hpo
  • Arizll - EyrdaArizll - Eyrda Posts: 1,551 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You are not forced to pay for something which is advertised correctly. I don't see anything wrong with that person doing it because you know, he is also taking a risk of buying stuff that potentially might not sell at the price he buy.
  • FreakyPrie - NyosFreakyPrie - Nyos Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Not sure what to say about this...

So I found a pic that does it for me! :D

god-damnit-this-thread-again.jpg
  • This_is_bard - EyrdaThis_is_bard - Eyrda Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    lol what?

many people, including myself, do that. it's part of the game's economy. if someone buys something that's far overpriced, that's their own fault, just like in real life. eventually, they'll learn from their mistakes. besides, if the demand is high enough, people will buy the items regardless of how inflated the price may be. if they need it, they need it. simple economic concepts, etc.
  • goodmorningm8goodmorningm8 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Why would this be illegal? :D
    For some it may be fun to buy out all stuff, and then sell it 50% cheaper or smth (not that it gives any profit) and then see all the kids rage :D
  • Darksiren - Storm LegionDarksiren - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Why would this be illegal? :D

Well if you want to get technical, it is illegal in the real world. It's called a monopoly. In the U.S., monopolies were broken up a century ago, and if any business gets too taken over by a single company, the government steps in and breaks up the company so promote competition again. The government can even deny the mergers of large companies if it will give the new company too much of a straggle hold over any particular market. What the rich person is doing is monopolizing all the items and using the lack of competition in order to jack the prices. Franklin Roosevelt would not be pleased.
  • Summanus - IllyfueSummanus - Illyfue Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    And thats what breaks games. There needs to be balance to encourage ppl to spend and competition is healthy overall for everyone.

But humans are greedy, and that will always take control, even in meaningless games.
    Summanus | 80 Diamond Geezer Protector - retired

Play the game, don't let the game play you.
  • asd29asd29 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Well if you want to get technical, it is illegal in the real world. It's called a monopoly. In the U.S., monopolies were broken up a century ago, and if any business gets too taken over by a single company, the government steps in and breaks up the company so promote competition again. The government can even deny the mergers of large companies if it will give the new company too much of a straggle hold over any particular market. What the rich person is doing is monopolizing all the items and using the lack of competition in order to jack the prices. Franklin Roosevelt would not be pleased.

Not really a monopoly when everyone had the same opportunity to buy the items at the low price in AH. Sure he's artificially creating a market but there is nothing you can do about that.

The OP friend bought an overpriced brute force 1 thinking it was brute force 2 - I don't see how this is anything but the buyers fault for not reading the item description. Or alternatively got bad advice/wrong from and old timer. Those aren't a sellers fault
    As a level 80MM my advice for anyone wanting to be a MM - fun class to play. But it's not a button mash class. Be prepared for some frustration
  • Darksiren - Storm LegionDarksiren - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    asd29 wrote: »
    Not really a monopoly when everyone had the same opportunity to buy the items at the low price in AH. Sure he's artificially creating a market but there is nothing you can do about that.

Yes and everyone in the real world has the same opportunity to drill for oil, or run a cellular phone service, etc. But not everyone has the same resources to utilize those opportunities effectively. So when 1 company (i.e. in game player) utilizes their wealth of resources to buy out all the competition, it IS a monopoly.

Artificially inflating prices due to the removal of competition is the very essence of why its illegal in the real world.
  • TimSnow - LionheartTimSnow - Lionheart Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hi

Seem a bored (rich) moron lately love mess up with auction house in Illyfue, like buying all stuff of one kind and then putting it back at absurd prices, like right now lvl 1 pet skills that are in and x10 times their real price.

Now, oldies wont be deceived but many newbye (and even some oldies seem rofl) that dont know real prices and seeing like 4/5 skils all at those prices get deceived and then even scammed, yes they can ask older friends but seem also those sometimes are either distracted or confused seen happened that a friend that started the game lately asked a old friend and then got brute force lvl 1 at 40G (cuz maybe the oldie mistaken for lvl 2 and sais 30-60....).

To me this seem a lot like scamming, would suggest to just remve the useless "anonymous" **** from AH but ppls will just use no mane alts to do that, however this defo isnt gonna help the server to get more ppls or for the new to stay seen making golds nowadays is a pain and then you even get robbed by morons (then QQ more about there's always less ppls playing roflmao)

Anonymus or not GM can track down anyone and anything in the game and in their place i will happily permaban that miserable fail (with a miserable life for sure aswell) that love ruin other ppls game pleasure.

Prolly this is legal anyway so i can just ask a favor to that so nice person:

Find a railroad and give a kiss to a running train, do that favor to the world :3

BB and HF

FatPris lvl 80 prot Illyfue

Not the "Remove Anonymous in AH" again...lol All I will say...

lol what?

many people, including myself, do that. it's part of the game's economy. if someone buys something that's far overpriced, that's their own fault, just like in real life. eventually, they'll learn from their mistakes. besides, if the demand is high enough, people will buy the items regardless of how inflated the price may be. if they need it, they need it. simple economic concepts, etc.

You sir, are a moron. Ruining any economy is pointless, so you ruin others lives and gaming experience, but you're happy right? Inflation isn't part of a games economy, it's part of ignorant and shameless nobodies who get greedy.

And thats what breaks games. There needs to be balance to encourage ppl to spend and competition is healthy overall for everyone.

But humans are greedy, and that will always take control, even in meaningless games.

You sir, are correct. Inflation is what causes people to lose interest in games, not just boredom or kids that are immature. Inflation, the insane and unneccessary rise of prices, is why I quit many games before and why I'll NEVER play PWI.

Yes and everyone in the real world has the same opportunity to drill for oil, or run a cellular phone service, etc. But not everyone has the same resources to utilize those opportunities effectively. So when 1 company (i.e. in game player) utilizes their wealth of resources to buy out all the competition, it IS a monopoly.

Artificially inflating prices due to the removal of competition is the very essence of why its illegal in the real world.

You madame, are correct. The fact that someone greedily buys out all of one specific item, just to raise the price, is ridiculous in itself. I am playing free at the moment, deciding if I was to over spend on a game where players are so greedy, they harrass and/or insult others, increase inflation greatly, by what was explained as an example, and the fact that I don't see much being done towards fixing this. What needs to be done, is reduce the AH set prices that an item CAN be sold on AH based on color.

But alas, this shall never come to pass. So, we have to idly sit by and watch a game crumble. =/ I quit multiple games because they refused to fix inflation, solutions are there, people are just too greedy. We'll eventually kill ourselves off.
  • Borsook - EyrdaBorsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    But alas, this shall never come to pass.
    For good reasons.
    So, we have to idly sit by and watch a game crumble. =/
    It's not crumble if weak minded people leave.
    I quit multiple games because they refused to fix inflation, solutions are there
    Solutions are there?

Limit on AH people will sell in shops or in world chat. Are you going to prevent and regulate trades now too???
    people are just too greedy.
    Accept it maybe?
    We'll eventually kill ourselves off.
    Thanks for the life lesson.
    edited October 2012
    For good reasons.It's not crumble if weak minded people leave.Solutions are there?

Limit on AH people will sell in shops or in world chat. Are you going to prevent and regulate trades now too???Accept it maybe?Thanks for the life lesson.

Actually, I am not going to regulate, prices need to drop, and people as stupid as you wouldn't really know anything useful or even helpful. Just go crawl back into your mother's basement. There's nothing to accept from Greedy people, we all suffer in ways. Solutions that have been implied countless times, that no one wants to do. I don't get why a sad excuse for a human being, such as yourself comes to the forums if all you do is pretend to troll and fail miserably at it.
  • Borsook - EyrdaBorsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    There's nothing to accept from Greedy people, we all suffer in ways.
    There is something at the very least: their existence. Deal with it.
    Solutions that have been implied countless times, that no one wants to do.
    I just gave you one counter example why that is not a solution. Please name more so I can refute them all. :cool:
    edited October 2012
    There is something at the very least: their existence. Deal with it.

I just gave you one counter example why that is not a solution. Please name more so I can refute them all. :cool:

I've decided you're no longer worth my time, you bore me. zzzzz
  • miciocicciomiciociccio Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    lol what?

Didnt readed all tbh, stopped at this...

Ohh right so abusing of ppls that still dont know much about the game is something good and nice, good, hope maybe someone sell you like a car that explode under your **** so maybe you learn from your mistake too, and btw..

demand/offer? rofl get lost pls, it's like seel ragefires 1 at 30G lol, or a EB weapon for 100+D , that emptying AH and putting at price x10 got nothing to do with offer/demand ffs...

I was in need of slash wave mastery 3 aswell one night and was checking ah, there was 8 of them at 8G max 12G , gone away from a minute and when back they was all gone and 4 was back at 45-55, now even though i was in need didnt got that inflated ****.

And what the risk for those speculators? none lamo, at worse they put back at the right price, so go tell those fables to your kids, oh wait prolly someone should tell you....

What i can say, seem free mmorpg is where all politicians come, lot of greedy arses that if they can take something they do, to hell the moral or anything, new age robbin good, steal from where you can to give to yourself.

Well is just a game so that's all ok, thx good none of those "bussinessman's" is my rl friend, dont want that kind pof ppls around me :P

HF and keep be greedy asses :3

Pity for whoever got to do with such high moral ppls in rl... (beside in the real world ppls like that last 2 days at work, unless you're a politicians ofc :)

FatPris Lv 80 Prot Illyfue

Ps: actually prolly i am more pissed off about that lvl 80 friend that for distraction or idk what mistaken the question and told her the price was right than with the greedy asses....

PPs:i've already got the solution tbh, just told her, "everytime you got to spend golds ask/wait me and dont ask anyone else", problem solved at least for 1 newbye (and maybe few others that ask me and not some "great" ppls that posted in this tread)
  • Aishleen - EyrdaAishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Slash Wave III 10g? wat...

your server so weird :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Trogotha - Storm LegionTrogotha - Storm Legion Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Didnt readed all tbh, stopped at this...

Ohh right so abusing of ppls that still dont know much about the game is something good and nice, good, hope maybe someone sell you like a car that explode under your **** so maybe you learn from your mistake too, and btw..

demand/offer? rofl get lost pls, it's like seel ragefires 1 at 30G lol, or a EB weapon for 100+D , that emptying AH and putting at price x10 got nothing to do with offer/demand ffs...

I was in need of slash wave mastery 3 aswell one night and was checking ah, there was 8 of them at 8G max 12G , gone away from a minute and when back they was all gone and 4 was back at 45-55, now even though i was in need didnt got that inflated ****.

And what the risk for those speculators? none lamo, at worse they put back at the right price, so go tell those fables to your kids, oh wait prolly someone should tell you....

What i can say, seem free mmorpg is where all politicians come, lot of greedy arses that if they can take something they do, to hell the moral or anything, new age robbin good, steal from where you can to give to yourself.

Well is just a game so that's all ok, thx good none of those "bussinessman's" is my rl friend, dont want that kind pof ppls around me :P

HF and keep be greedy asses :3

Pity for whoever got to do with such high moral ppls in rl... (beside in the real world ppls like that last 2 days at work, unless you're a politicians ofc :)

FatPris Lv 80 Prot Illyfue

Welcome to humanity kid. To summarize the lesson just learned as obvious by your whinging about it - Online Interactions

To answer the original question you posed, yes it is legal. Legal in the sense that FW will not step in and do anything about it. Morally wrong absolutely, but those who do it tend to be the a-type borderline psychopaths who really don't give a flying fark at a rolling donut in regards to being a good member of society regardless of setting.
    Dear PWE Staff: I can haz avatar nao plox? :D
    For SCIENCE (and the LULZ)!
  • FreakyPrie - NyosFreakyPrie - Nyos Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Actually, I am not going to regulate, prices need to drop, and people as stupid as you wouldn't really know anything useful or even helpful. Just go crawl back into your mother's basement. There's nothing to accept from Greedy people, we all suffer in ways. Solutions that have been implied countless times, that no one wants to do. I don't get why a sad excuse for a human being, such as yourself comes to the forums if all you do is pretend to troll and fail miserably at it.

Why? What's wrong with the prices? :confused:
  • Ulrezaj - Storm LegionUlrezaj - Storm Legion Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    First of all AH feature offers the chance for players to buy/sell stuff without spending time to find a buyer/seller or without having to set up a shop. If someone decides to take advantage of this system and make money that it's his right to do it.

All items listed in AH can be purchased outside AH from players or farmed. And CS items u can buy whit leaves that u either charge or bid for.

No one forces u to buy anything nor is ruining your fun. This is a game but we are in a competition.
    Each item is worth the amount of money/gold someone is willing to pay for.

@Darksiren - Storm Legion- It's not Monopoly as long players have other options on purchasing or farming that item.

@OP-Game offers us the freedom to do w/e we want whit our items. But it also gives us the option to get w/e we want as long we have the will to get it.(ok maybe not lvl 100 mastery:) ).

So instead of complaining about prices and players why don't you start learning more about the game and it's features. This way u won't have to get angry about someone's else methods of making profit.

OH and by "YOU" i mean anyone that instead of doing some research comes here on forum to QQ and ask gm's to ban the "big bad wolf " for not acting like "snow white" .

Have a nice day and enjoy FW!!!
  • CuddlyWuddly - Storm LegionCuddlyWuddly - Storm Legion Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Wait, someone from Illyfue is complaining about prices? Call me when your Slash Wave Mastery 3 is 75g and we'll talk. I started out on Illyfue before I came to Storm, and when I go back to clear the cobwebs out of my bank, I always peek at your Auction House. With few exceptions, I was amazed how much lower your prices are.

Don't like the fact that someone is causing your prices to rise? You can either:
    A) Get together a bunch of people who are equally mad and crash the market. Or just don't buy the overpriced items and farm it, or try to get it off WC.
    B) Learn what prices are going up and farm the items, sell it and make bank.

Are people going to try to manipulate the economy? Yes. It happens in real-life as well as games. Is it legal? Technically. (Look at the energy companies, oil companies, cable companies.) Is it ethical? Probably not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • miaximiaxi Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Pretty sure this is a type of price gouging (profiteering from a temporary shortage of supply, specifically selling items far above market value). These practices are illegal in many counties, although businesses often claim that it makes the free market less free. Having felt the effects on your own skin, however, aren't you glad that governments watch out for anti-competitive practices in real life?

To the poster above me: When several oil companies band together and agree to sell oil at specific prices instead of competing with each other, it is called price fixing. That can be permitted in some markets to ensure price stability, but it is technically against the competition law.

Isn't economics fun?
  • RobynSmith - Storm LegionRobynSmith - Storm Legion Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2012

It's an artificial inflation of the market, and a very temporary one at that. Most items aren't very hard to farm in this game, and the ones that are are meant for the top players to farm. Should it also be against the rules for one guild to get the drops every week from EB because they're better than all the others?

A lack of competition is almost impossible to come by in this game. Gems? I know people who farm over 50 boxes a day. Dungeon drops? Most dungeons are stupidly easy to run. Literally anything from the cash shop? Buy leaves with in-game gold or with real life cash.

Also, quit comparing a infinite resources in a video game to real-life finite resources. Setting up the infrastructure for any type of resource extraction is incredibly costly and competitive. Farming GL is something anybody who has been playing for more than two weeks can do.
    Actually, I am not going to regulate, prices need to drop, and people as stupid as you wouldn't really know anything useful or even helpful.

Wait... so more money is generated over time and you expect prices to go down? Yeah, that makes perfect sense.
    You sir, are a moron. Ruining any economy is pointless, so you ruin others lives and gaming experience, but you're happy right? Inflation isn't part of a games economy, it's part of ignorant and shameless nobodies who get greedy.

Wait, inflation isn't natural, and he's the moron? More currency is created (there are quests which give gold, and mercs are one of the biggest culprits), so prices increase. This is how real world and virtual economies function. A lot of the time, inflation is caused by impatient buyers anyways. Say there's a piece of gear that 10 people want. Some have more money than others. The person who owns gear A decides to shout in world chat to sell it and gets multiple offers. Person A offers 5g, person B offers 10g, etc. even if it normally has a market value of 3g. Why? Because they're impatient and they can afford to spend that much. A seller who refuses to lower their prices when there's no demand for an item takes a loss by risking that the price of the item decreases due to over-saturation of the market plus they have a portion of their capital held up in stock that's essentially worthless until they decide to lower their price.
  • asd29asd29 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Thing is this: don't like the price - don't pay. The gouger will be stuck with a lot of ****. It's not like there's only one source. There are heaps of pet skills/gear/scrolls/etc etc being pumped onto the market on a regular basis that rampant price undercutting doesn't take long to kick in.

All I see is people qq'ing and not taking any responsibility for what they buy and how much they pay for it. You want instant gratification? It comes at a price. Wait and play the market and you get what you want at the price you want.
    As a level 80MM my advice for anyone wanting to be a MM - fun class to play. But it's not a button mash class. Be prepared for some frustration
  • BluePeace - IllyfueBluePeace - Illyfue Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    can understand micio post
    there r greedy people everywhere ingame & rl
    but nothing can rly be changed about that situation <.<

when i see ridiculous prices in ah
    option 1 wait until the price drops or
    option 2 try getting it/farming it by yourself
    last resort cs for peeps who dont have the patience ^^

ofc a poor nab who is new to the game or doesnt know about current prices will probably get it just as he/she sees it.
  • nomandalanomandala Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I find guilty the people willing to pay much for something. This game is pretty much about social interaction, so asking friends about stuff is basically a must! If you're going to AH in order to buy an overpriced thing, then invoke stupid, silly stuff like "I thought that is something..." etc, then you, good sir, is dumb as a rock! Dictating the market is one of the best things ever happened to mankind. Yet, everybody is entitled to decide if it's best for him to buy or not! Nobody forces one to buy his stuff...it's your own bloody choice. Either deal with it, or stop bitching about...
  • oldmanyyoldmanyy Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Definition for Greedy

Immoderately desirous of acquiring money and power or fame.

While some one whinning and complain about other get rich by spent thier own money (real hard cash) or work hours in game to farm due to ?

Down to the line they greed for power with less effort and without spent a single cent in real money and less games currency, So who's is more greedy? the one who try to sell or the one who try to buy?

:confused:

Question

Being rich in games or real life is an crime?
  • maesterixmaesterix Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    A simple solution to this is implement a history of sold/bought for the items in specific in AH.

This will act as a price check range for any item and for any player newbie or oldbie. It will prevent lots of "scams" and monopoly.

I have seen it in many games before this and was expecting to see it in this game too
  • Ginius - IllyfueGinius - Illyfue Posts: 2,509 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Well tbh I don't really understand the problem here.

Sure sometimes prices are overpriced but tbh most of the skill prices are very low now.
    I used to see Slash Waves 3 around 70g for almost a year and now some ppl are complaining to see it above 10g?

I mean, most of the skills, pet skills, eq I have were all either:
    - farmed the hard way (and this is more rewarding to do it like this)
    - bought via guild/friends network.

And I want to come back on the 2nd choice which is by far the most frequent.
    If you have any decent guild, you will get lots of cheap/free stuff given/sold in guild with a very good price, usually you get a discount of around 30-50% of the real AH price.

So what I want to say here is that ofc I don't really like to see people rising prices in AH, but well they can't create a monopoly, if you wait a few days, you will again see other items coming from other sellers at a regular price anyway, and there are so many other way to get the items you want that it's almost impossible to create a real monopoly.

The only people that could fell for it are new players, and they will learn it the hard way (usually you do the mistake once, then you are carefull), or people without patience.
    Hell I've even waited more than 1 year to get a 2% crit chance neckie for a friend price, was it hard to wait? no.
    It took me around 8 months to get lvl1 wings, around 1 year and a half to get lvl2 wings.

Meaning is, if you do things at your own pace, without rushing at all cost, you will most likely not get "scammed". Friends/guilds are very usefull to get items/advices, if people have the knowledge you lack, asking before buying is the way to go :) (of course you should not only get benefits from this system but give/sell items too, otherwise it won't be fair ;) )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby.
    Level 90 since august 2014

- Elemental Warrior 90
    - Ice Mage 90
    - Blood Raider 87
    - Divine Priest 85
    - Water Bard 83
    - Precision MM 80
    - Demon? I hope soon xD
  • connidesconnides Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    welcome to capitalism? o.o lol
  • oldmanyyoldmanyy Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    To define an definition

The result come as follow

When you buy something you want under normal market price the definition = Right price

When you only able to sell something lower the you expected the definition = Under price

When you buy something you want over your expectation the definition = Over price

When you sell something to get rich which other not expedted (ofc) the definition= Right Price

Final conclusion = you make your own definition.