test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Forsaken World International Competition!

Comments

• Borsook - EyrdaBorsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I wouldn't have much issue if it was truly like that, because no one would take it seriously. Everyone would know it's a joke.
  • Firebat - EyrdaFirebat - Eyrda Posts: 4,190 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    omg this made me lol so hard : ) 6 yo with a visa xD

That was essentially GodlyDan. He used his moms credit card daily... Then cried to "nerve" evasion cause he couldn't hit anyone.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • Brim_McRoy - EyrdaBrim_McRoy - Eyrda Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    That was essentially GodlyDan. He used his moms credit card daily... Then cried to "nerve" evasion cause he couldn't hit anyone.

wait wanst bor QQing about not having enough acc too :eek:
    FWs only Acolyte of Khorne --> warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Khorne
    Loki and Crabclaw: The Lost Gods of FW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GirlBastos - EyrdaGirlBastos - Eyrda Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    guys u need ice breaker so here is a pic of xingcai :)

fxc55k.jpg

Skype INFO: oOXingCai
  • zoyzoy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    :eek: omg xing sooo hot :eek:
  • Cest_qui - EyrdaCest_qui - Eyrda Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    edited September 2012
    wait wanst bor QQing about not having enough acc too :eek:
    ? No I only said that, a tanking mage does not have accuracy. I'm QQing for the known fact that mages do not get accuracy on skills. I know full well my build is lack of accuracy now, but is tank.

Alot of classes, such as elemental warrior, or edge sins, can go full tank build and still have high accuracy (warrior low acc, but -90 eva debuff!).
  • Brim_McRoy - EyrdaBrim_McRoy - Eyrda Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ? No I only said that, a tanking mage does not have accuracy. I'm QQing for the known fact that mages do not get accuracy on skills. I know full well my build is lack of accuracy now, but is tank.

Alot of classes, such as elemental warrior, or edge sins, can go full tank build and still have high accuracy (warrior low acc, but -90 eva debuff!).

ah almost forgot about that debuff>.> should play in my war more often

but isnt a tank more PVE oriented?

its a lil hard to tank in PVP unless you got mad eva or acc so youll hit harder with aoe facerolls but i perfer th pick your target take it out method myself, but gotta get them clumpd together so the aoes have it easy... but these Eva builds, they are pretty damn hard to touch
    FWs only Acolyte of Khorne --> warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Khorne
    Loki and Crabclaw: The Lost Gods of FW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yewmadyewmad Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    crabclaw wrote: »
    Level and gear won't play a factor, as personal characters wont be used for the tournament. Special tournament only characters and equipment will be used.

IMO then this is how the top 30/40 needs to be picked.
    edited September 2012
    yewmad wrote: »
    IMO then this is how the top 30/40 needs to be picked.
    Exactly but they won't.

Arena ranking is just a joke.

Also @ Brim no, tank builds are most effective in PvP. When you get focused as a squishy class to begin with, surviving longer is crucial because redhanded damage > low wrath damage. If you can't survive to get RH, you're doing less damage too.
  • fthawefthawe Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    guys u need ice breaker so here is a pic of xingcai :)

fxc55k.jpg

Skype INFO: oOXingCai

Looks like Hillary fisher
    or it is.

If everyone complains so much why don't they think of an unbiased pick?
  • CuteNDeadl - Storm LegionCuteNDeadl - Storm Legion Posts: 2,401 Arc User
    edited September 2012
  • Etihad - Storm LegionEtihad - Storm Legion Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    IsoconfusedAruthorrunstopguildonStormwhat???????
  • Ginius - IllyfueGinius - Illyfue Posts: 2,509 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm not in the top15 of 3v3 or 6v6 75+, therefore I won't be in those wars hehe.
    I'm pretty sure I'm not in the "real" top 30 pvpers of the server.
    However I'm pretty sure I can beat lots of those people in those top15 in any kind of PvP situation.

What does it mean?

Just like everyone said, this event will not show the real strenght of a server, but well, to defend FW, what fast/efficient way can they use to find the real best PvPers?
    I wouldn't be able to come with a fair answer either.

However it would probly have been better to take the 100 best ones, with a 100v100 map, but due to the **** engine in game, it would probably end with a huge lag fest with like 1 image every 10seconds, and as such, AOErs would be the only real efficient factor if you can cast only one skill every 10 seconds ^^.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby.
    Level 90 since august 2014

- Elemental Warrior 90
    - Ice Mage 90
    - Blood Raider 87
    - Divine Priest 85
    - Water Bard 83
    - Precision MM 80
    - Demon? I hope soon xD
  • tutilake88tutilake88 Posts: 653 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well, it says 75+ so it might be a bit easier to filter than just picking the first 30. Problem on Illyfue is that first 30 on our arena is usually healers of some sort or lv60 alts. My priest is 78 and #2 on rankings. So yeah as Aishleen said Id like the option to choose my own team with players I know would rock and not fail.
  • Aishleen - EyrdaAishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm not in the top15 of 3v3 or 6v6 75+, therefore I won't be in those wars hehe.
    I'm pretty sure I'm not in the "real" top 30 pvpers of the server.
    However I'm pretty sure I can beat lots of those people in those top15 in any kind of PvP situation.

What does it mean?

Just like everyone said, this event will not show the real strenght of a server, but well, to defend FW, what fast/efficient way can they use to find the real best PvPers?
    I wouldn't be able to come with a fair answer either.

However it would probly have been better to take the 100 best ones, with a 100v100 map, but due to the **** engine in game, it would probably end with a huge lag fest with like 1 image every 10seconds, and as such, AOErs would be the only real efficient factor if you can cast only one skill every 10 seconds ^^.
    At least pick up the first 100 then not only 40 and let us CHOOSE the top 30 out of those that we'd like in war -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sabriele - Storm LegionSabriele - Storm Legion Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Heres something that may have been brought up before.. Arena Reputation ranking boards being factored in? The thinking: If a player has higher arena rep, they have been pvping for longer. yes, this has no 'direct' link to 'skill', but think of it this way: If a player has been pvping for 6 months to a year, wouldnt they know more about teamwork dynamics and class specific requirements than someone who has only been pvping for.. 3 weeks?

Please, post your thoughts, even im not totally sure how this would work.
    Broken Avatar -- . --

IGN : Sabriele
    Class : Assassin
    Level : 80
    Tree : Venom
  • Cest_qui - EyrdaCest_qui - Eyrda Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    50 bucks say gm just watching people complain, probably gives them comedy relief and this whole thing is set up to get people to qq lols.
    edited September 2012
    I'm starting to think that way too. Or the GMs have never ever PvP'd in this game or have no idea how it works so they just use "what sounds ok" in theory but is completely different in practice.
  • Ghundrop - EyrdaGhundrop - Eyrda Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I myself wonder if the GMs play as well. They claim to play, but based on some of the comments they make I get the impression they do not pvp much or at a high level.

Even more sad is that I also believe that the developers also do not play their own game, especially the pvp aspect.

I have played several other mmos and many times the developers put out patches to address balance issues. PWE games address balance issues far less frequently and so it is possible for a class/skill/gear etc to go unchecked and be over/underpowered for 6 months or much longer.

Given that PvPers are the ones who are gonna be spending the major bucks it surprises me that this company on a whole pays so little attention to the PvP aspect of their games.

In any event I believe that this competition is more about promoting FW than it is about which region actually wins. As such so long as the matches look exciting it doesn't really matter to them.
  • Firebat - EyrdaFirebat - Eyrda Posts: 4,190 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Crablaw came back to liven up the forums remember.... This contest thing is an elaborate plot for more forum rage posts.

Obviously....
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • greyjoykrakengreyjoykraken Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Crablaw came back to liven up the forums remember.... This contest thing is an elaborate plot for more forum rage posts.

Obviously....

Mission accomplished!
  • lbgongzhulbgongzhu Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    50 bucks say gm just watching people complain, probably gives them comedy relief and this whole thing is set up to get people to qq lols.

I don't think it's just the gm's laughing their bollocks off at eyrda QQing :D
    edited September 2012
    In any event I believe that this competition is more about promoting FW than it is about which region actually wins. As such so long as the matches look exciting it doesn't really matter to them.
    Nah. It won't look exciting, against something like CN players it would be steamroll.

Some of those people at the top ranking... don't even speak english properly... how are they gonna coordinate in IR? :rolleyes:
    edited September 2012
    Mission accomplished!

Well then here is a new mission: Liven up the mm forums!
    edited September 2012
    Nah. It won't look exciting, against something like CN players it would be steamroll.

Some of those people at the top ranking... don't even speak english properly... how are they gonna coordinate in IR? :rolleyes:

Creative editing (cut scenes etc etc) will do the job along with an epic soundtrack. We who play (if they live stream) will know wethers it boring or a steam roll but to the uninitiated all they will see is this ultra cool competition and think ..............yeah I want in on that .........
  • Aruthor - Storm LegionAruthor - Storm Legion Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    IsoconfusedAruthorrunstopguildonStormwhat???????

Few questions for you, Eti.

1. Which guild, despite their incessant bragging and boasting about how the other one "needed lube" and would "get wrecked", ended up losing in the 100v100 battle for Nightfall?

2. Which guild owns the most territories on the Rift map atm?

3. And which guild was it that, despite claiming they could beat anyone easily, when they were in danger of losing Freedom Harbor, changed statues to avoid the fight altogether?
  • Etihad - Storm LegionEtihad - Storm Legion Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I could've sworn there was a screenshot of someone saying they were too afraid of going to 30s or 60s rifts somewhere...........
    edited September 2012
    2. Which guild owns the most territories on the Rift map atm?
    And how many is that to be exact? 12? 13? 14?

How many wars at a time do you get. 7? 8? 9?
  • Aruthor - Storm LegionAruthor - Storm Legion Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    And how many is that to be exact? 12? 13? 14?

How many wars at a time do you get. 7? 8? 9?

14 and counting. Can only gain one per week, sadly. 75% of the map is dominated by 2 guilds (one of which switched to our statue because they were afraid to lose to us) so the most we have fought is 4 wars in one week.