test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Forsaken World International Competition!

Comments

• Aishleen - EyrdaAishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It makes sense in theory. But the idea of who will be "best" in immortal rift is subjective any way you slice it. Arena is small and concentrated which requires more individual skill. Rift, on the other hand, does not require measurable individual skill. If I have 15 people at my back, we can take down anyone no matter how skilled they are.

All of you have overlooked the crucial factor here. The deciding factor in Rift is NOT individual skill. It is teamwork and coordination and there is absolutely no way to determine what 30 would do that best. Even if you managed to pick the best 30 skilled people, who says they will work together any better than the noobs? I know for example on my server, there are plenty of people who, if chosen, would not work well together at all. And I can't imagine it's entirely different on any other server.

You can choose the 30 best individuals but by no means does that guarantee you a good team. All that means is you'll have 30 people that in a small PvP environment, can hold their own.
    I somehow doubt the 30 ppl we would pick will be disobedient idiots. We will not pick just skilled ppl but also ppl who do well in teamwork and listen to instructions.

Compared to arena ranking... might as well be 100% random. The current one on Eyrda doesn't show ANYTHING AT ALL. Not skill, not gear, not teamwork. WTF is the point?

No matter how "subjective" you think the picks are, they are at LEAST 10 times better than arena rankings. What's the problem anyway are you guys scared of meeting Eyrda's top 30 and wanna meet random noobs instead? Or is it that your servers can't pull off 30 smart PvP experienced ppl?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fthawefthawe Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    How about server list pages: who wants to be in says 'I' in first forum page. NOT allowed posts about anything else. Only allowed the 'I' - then after the 11th all 'I's will be put on next page
    Only allowed 2 votes per IP. Can vote once on account only. Use for the 2 votes is if 2 ppl in same ip. Otherwise everyone else go for 2 votes for themselves (cause you KNOW they will do that)

Example for server:::

1. (Name) o
    2. (Name) o
    3. (Name) o

... so on. And then have the vote for who you want like a poll etc. (the circle is the poll thing)
    Highest 30 are in, next 10's for extras. poll end 3 days later so be quick.
  • Firebat - EyrdaFirebat - Eyrda Posts: 4,190 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    fthawe wrote: »
    How about server list pages: who wants to be in says 'I' in first forum page. NOT allowed posts about anything else. Only allowed the 'I' - then after the 11th all 'I's will be put on next page
    Only allowed 2 votes per IP. Can vote once on account only. Use for the 2 votes is if 2 ppl in same ip. Otherwise everyone else go for 2 votes for themselves (cause you KNOW they will do that)

Example for server:::

1. (Name) o
    2. (Name) o
    3. (Name) o

... so on. And then have the vote for who you want like a poll etc. (the circle is the poll thing)
    Highest 30 are in, next 10's for extras. poll end 3 days later so be quick.

"Psst... 10 gold if you vote for me and bob over there"

Edit: and just look at the bot spam. Can you honestly tell me that someone can't rig up a system to spam votes from different accounts and ips?
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • Aruthor - Storm LegionAruthor - Storm Legion Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The funny part is that any of you think that they're going to change the system they have. Instead of spending all this time complaining in the forums, you should be figuring out how you're going to get in the top 30 based on PWE's system. Because despite anything you say, they're not going to change a thing! So deal with it! LOL
    edited September 2012
    The funny part is that any of you think that they're going to change the system they have. Instead of spending all this time complaining in the forums, you should be figuring out how you're going to get in the top 30 based on PWE's system. Because despite anything you say, they're not going to change a thing! So deal with it! LOL

Sounds like a bet to me. Crabby already changed it to a level requirement.

If we take the initiative and just make a list now... I bet they will just go with that to save them effort of weeding out alts.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
    edited September 2012
    The funny part is you find this funny :rolleyes: And no I'm not gonna try when it's impossible to get 30 ppl that would work together in IR good scores for the tourney in a week. If we had more time we'd be able to, this is the funny part - proving arena scores can be easily manipulated.

If I am picked I'd probably not even show up out of embarrassment of having people running around like headless chicken there.

And since when are you a GM to know for sure they won't change? Even if it's unlikely there hasn't been any reply here yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    The funny part is you find this funny :rolleyes: And no I'm not gonna try when it's impossible to get 30 ppl that would work together in IR good scores for the tourney in a week. If we had more time we'd be able to, this is the funny part - proving arena scores can be easily manipulated.

If I am picked I'd probably not even show up out of embarrassment of having people running around like headless chicken there.

And since when are you a GM to know for sure they won't change? Even if it's unlikely there hasn't been any reply here yet.

Just ignore the gms. Go reach out to guild leaders and have them name their best two teams. At least we can have our players choice list to show the GMs that we can do it better and faster... When their pick loses, at least it won't be because we didnt bother trying to change it.

I reccommend the other servers do the same. GMs said they would reach out ro a hundred or so... What could it hurt.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
  • Brim_McRoy - EyrdaBrim_McRoy - Eyrda Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    just give up... NOONE on this game will be on even playing grounds so NOONE can prove they are better than someone else through straight skill... im going back to playing to hell with this stupid contest just a waste of effort that, the top CSing Arena boys and gals will get all the spots anyway >.<

PS already knew i wouldnt stand a chance to join it wouldnt really want to anyway, while veryones out going into arena like crazy ill jut be doing my normal FAIL PROT thing :p
    FWs only Acolyte of Khorne --> warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Khorne
    Loki and Crabclaw: The Lost Gods of FW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012

So, you have been yelling at everyone and QQ'ing and whining about arena score for this entire thread, when in reality, you've decided out of "embarassment" that you won't even show up? LOL. You guys are freaking hilarious! You kick and scream about something that you have chosen not to be a part of lololololololololololol
    edited September 2012
    Its a big trick to sell warlord cards....
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    edited September 2012
    So, you have been yelling at everyone and QQ'ing and whining about arena score for this entire thread, when in reality, you've decided out of "embarassment" that you won't even show up? LOL. You guys are freaking hilarious! You kick and scream about something that you have chosen not to be a part of lololololololololololol
    LMAO are you dumb or something? Learn to read kid.

I said I will probably not participate under the current system because rankings are dumb. If you put me there with noobs from rankings I won't show up. So I'm whining here to get the system changed, that's purely logical thing to do, and way better reason to post than your idiotic posts having no point when you already believe nothing will change. You are indeed very hilarious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    LMAO are you dumb or something? Learn to read kid.

I said I will probably not participate under the current system because rankings are dumb. If you put me there with noobs from rankings I won't show up. So I'm whining here to get the system changed, that's purely logical thing to do, and way better reason to post than your idiotic posts having no point when you already believe nothing will change. You are indeed very hilarious.

The new information about 75+ was a clarification on vague rules. Not a change. Lol. What are the chances of them making a radical change to the rules like changing the selection process when they are choosing 6 days from now? Just about zero. So save your whining for another thread and go back to boosting noobs.
    edited September 2012
    The new information about 75+ was a clarification on vague rules. Not a change. Lol. What are the chances of them making a radical change to the rules like changing the selection process when they are choosing 6 days from now? Just about zero. So save your whining for another thread and go back to boosting noobs.

.... So they wasted a whole day.

Sorry.. but we can make a list in 2 hours for them.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    edited September 2012
    HOLD THIS THREAD!!! i ran outta popcorn :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    Taking Firebat's advice I tried making a list of 30 "top" ppl (balancing classes for IR too) that would work well together (proven by 12v12 random experience), and it took me 15 min. I'm sure at least 20 of those 30 people would be a common agreement between the top guilds and players. Less than a quarter of those appear on the current arena rankings in top 40, so **** this bullsh.it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Borsook - EyrdaBorsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Post the list so the ignorant fools can see who the REAL good players are.
  • conterkillerconterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    And do you have any idea how to create a qualifying match? (in terms of coding). Do you have any clue at all how much effort it is to coordinate something like this? They can't just push two buttons and everything magically comes together. It takes a lot of time and effort to create anything like this because it's incredibly complex. This probably took months to create and organize. Not to mention the fact that you and others will probably scream bloody murder if you find even one bug in the system. It is a valid idea if it had been brought to the table at the time this event was initially proposed. It is useless now because it is not possible. Instead of wasting time yelling and screaming about what could have been possible before, try and think of solutions that are viable now

EL O EL..

dude.. you SERIOUSLY think they'v been working on this FOR MONTHS? LOL.. u'r so cute.. and innocent..
    i posted this idea in the "events something" thread that crab made..
    just without the IR part.. i was thinking more of a smaller scale fights..

hahahaha.. doing this is just a matter of couple hrs.. the only long time work is done by the players since they have to select who's going and what are going to be the classes.. thats it..

Make a list > Send list to GMs

> Then the GMs just create lv80 characters.. and give them their respective gear in the mail system or something.. that's just a matter of typing a little like.. "-Set LvL 80" "-Set Gold xx" etc etc w/e is needed...
    and repeat..

given the fact that they already have a freshly new server made for this.. they can use that one..

do you even know what powers a GM have?
    this exact same Event has been done countless times in other games..

• fthawefthawe Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited September 2012

EXAMPLE OF LEAD UP.

So you fight say
    A lv80 winged high resi/mast 10+gear (Elemental warrior
    and a
    lv80 no wings, lv20ish mast lv3 res 8 aver. gear ( hybrid warrior
    Ex. You have 40% hp after the first,
    and 62% after the second.

You assume the first must be better, so you invite him to party for some 6v6
    You see him as last man full hp vs sin with 40% hp
    He loses with redhand due to stun
    After a while he is usually in your parties for 3v3 and 6v6. his gear is now 11-12 and lv70+ mastery/res
    You know his strategy he knows yours, and because of that he seems good. You win most arenas. You want him to be part of the 30v30 because he works well with you and blah. His skill is good you say. however you forgot about the hybrid warrior from a long time ago. You see him duel the warrior in your party. Your teammate wins with 15% hp. The warrior from long ago still has nub gears.
    -With same gear, the warrior in the party has less skill and used' fighting skills. If the setting or area is changed E.G different classes and players, he would suffer horribly. The nooby gear player meanwhile has incredible skill and knows alot about using which skill and timing. He is technically SUPER GOOD, yet you don't know him and make your list with the usuals.

EXAMPLE .2

I need priest cause I'm squishy! I need it! I need it! CANNOT go without priest! Priest must heal me me and ONLY ME . ONLY ME ALL .

(on other server's team) I NEED PRIEST. Someone help me, I need priest! I need! I neeeeeedddddddd!

EXAMPLE .3

LMAO are you dumb or something? [Dumb means cannot speak.] Learn to read [Learned before.] kid. [Odd for a man to become a kid, is this supposed to be an insult?]
    go back to boosting noobs. [A noob is a new player, they can become very skilled. Don't burn bridges, they can help in the future.]

Conclusion

Many players are extremely skilled at PvP and have quick reactions, it's just the gear that limits them. Some cannot compete as they lose to others with way overpowered gear. They seem bad from the losses. Some just have bad trees and then only win mediocrely against powerfully geared opponents. So, it is impossible within the one month period to determine who is the most skilled of each server. And, given that each team or server has the same disadvantages / advantages for party failures and noobs, the ones that complain are those in FEAR of losing to say a carebear server or an unpopulated one. They seem to be in the need of I'M A BETTER SERVER SO GET THE TOP PEOPLE THAT ONLY I KNOW AND ONLY I THINK OF. AND WHEN MY SERVER WINS I CAN SAY I WAS THE ONE THAT DID IT ALL .

Each server will have a weak point, it's like 12 v 12. Except all the best. Requirement is lv75+. Low levelled alts won't be in. EVEN- if the noob super OP geared (SQL) is one of the 'tops' in the list, other servers will have the same. And, you may complain you don't want a weak player. But, you wouldn't have chosen the badly geared guy with super good skill either, right?(Example lead up)
    edited September 2012
    Post the list so the ignorant fools can see who the REAL good players are.

post the list of CSers and see who are the top spenders is more like it :rolleyes:

Bor the only players that CAN make it on the list are either gold farmers that CAN buy all the stuff or the CSers that buy it direct... so please post the list so you can have your Epen of the day fall when you notice that most of that list are heavy CS that are online more than most people can afford to be :cool:
    LMAO are you dumb or something? [Dumb means cannot speak.] Learn to read [Learned before.] kid. [Odd for a man to become a kid, is this supposed to be an insult?]
    go back to boosting noobs. [A noob is a new player, they can become very skilled. Don't burn bridges, they can help in the future.]

this guy understands it... Hell im viewed as a noob/fail... but guess what i can get 5-6 kill streak in 3v3 pretty damn easy when i go (and when im matched against my score level 1800-2000 not 2600 teams like i have been in before) hell my kill to death ratio in 12v12, but i always have the highest or second highest number of flag captures hell usually get half or a third of the teams total captures (yes i find it just as important capturing flags than killing people over it) so kudos to this man he does what most of Eyrda fails at...

HE SEES BEYOND THE GEAR AND CS and at how the player uses what he got

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    Except all the best. Requirement is lv75+. Low levelled alts won't be in.
    Oh really?

Here's something that you can't comprehend. You can farm up to 2600 on lowbies, then level up to 75+ without doing arena.

Too hard for you? We have plenty of those scrubs.
    post the list of CSers and see who are the top spenders is more like it :rolleyes:

Bor the only players that CAN make it on the list are either gold farmers that CAN buy all the stuff or the CSers that buy it direct... so please post the list so you can have your Epen of the day fall when you notice that most of that list are heavy CS that are online more than most people can afford to be :cool:
    You're dumb.

I'm #1 in arena REPUTATION. That ALONE proves I DO ARENA MORE THAN YOU. So I have more EXPERIENCE.

People aren't born pros. I'm sick of the gear excuse. The low geared scrubs who don't do arena much or don't go IR can think they're pro all they want -- fact they haven't been to serious ones.

And yes, I know a LOT of lv3 winged people that will NOT make it to the list. 1st page has the first 3 lv3 winged and they aren't on it. Derp.

What have you done to show you are good in PvP? You're just talk.
    edited September 2012
    Oh really?

Here's something that you can't comprehend. You can farm up to 2600 on lowbies, then level up to 75+ without doing arena.

Too hard for you? We have plenty of those scrubs.

You're dumb.

I'm #1 in arena REPUTATION. That ALONE proves I DO ARENA MORE THAN YOU. So I have more EXPERIENCE.

People aren't born pros. I'm sick of the gear excuse. The low geared scrubs who don't do arena much or don't go IR can think they're pro all they want -- fact they haven't been to serious ones.

And yes, I know a LOT of lv3 winged people that will NOT make it to the list. 1st page has the first 3 lv3 winged and they aren't on it. Derp.

What have you done to show you are good in PvP? You're just talk.

would help if you learned to use the whole quote idiota >.<
    and hell if i could CS all my gear mastery and resistance to your level i would sure as hell be up there with ya... heres the thing though I DONT WANT to be great in PVP i want to do what ever i want when i want and i can (except the eb thing cause thats owned by final/cata but o well no harm no foul)... i wanted to farm WBes, i did it got some nice stuff from it, enough to boost my masteries... i wanted to tank FP, switched to marble made FP my ***** no prob... want to stop to do Arena every now and then when im on only a few hours ill do a match or 2 who cares if i win or lose? i sure as hell dontim getting better but no i dont care just for the hell of it :rolleyes:

everyone thinks im fail on server, but start asking around im NOWHERE near as bad as when i started fighting back

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    So you say

"I don't have the gear hence I don't PvP cause I'll lose"

How does THAT make you good?

"I was born a pro! I just don't have the gear!"

Yeah. That's what you're saying. Look at yourself and think.

EDIT: Here your quote:
    HE SEES BEYOND THE GEAR AND CS and at how the player uses what he got
    Too bad I do just that.

How can I see what you got when you don't even queue? hmm... must be one of those born pros, experienced 100% and underapreciated. They don't need to queue!
  • Isock - EyrdaIsock - Eyrda Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    i would love to see an arena by refines/masteries and lvl, would be sooo much interesting that seeing who has the best refines/masteries
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    So you say

"I don't have the gear hence I don't PvP cause I'll lose"

How does THAT make you good?

"I was born a pro! I just don't have the gear!"

Yeah. That's what you're saying. Look at yourself and think.

EDIT: Here your quote:

Too bad I do just that.

How can I see what you got when you don't even queue? hmm... must be one of those born pros, experienced 100% and underapreciated. They don't need to queue!

ok i'm going end this cause m done dealing with morons today, especially after that Botched day at work and frankly cause Bor... your a serious bore with all your QQing and flaming

I only que when i want ,cause I DONT PVP OFTEN BY CHOICE...
    You cant see my gear because YOUR OUT OF MY SCORE RANGE (at least last i checked you were)
    I'll be the first to say my gear is bad, not fortified to 6/12-912 like most because i would rather work on my ToK set sitting in the bank (bought it when everything there was DIRT CHEAP)
    PRO? **** NO nowhere freaking near it and i dont want to be either.
    Am i unappreciated or even experianced? better question is DO I CARE? HELL NO i can get annoyed someties when its at its worst but who gives a flying F*** no one that who.

no Bore shut it with the flame mage thing, people are starting to think what all is flaming with ya

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    WHY THE HELL DO YOU COMMENT THEN?

The people I chose are those WHO CARE. They WANT to be the top etc. Not gear-wise only. You don't. You don't even queue for experience.

If you don't care WHY DO YOU POST?!?!? WTF.
    edited September 2012
    EXAMPLE OF LEAD UP.

So you fight say
    A lv80 winged high resi/mast 10+gear (Elemental warrior
    and a
    lv80 no wings, lv20ish mast lv3 res 8 aver. gear ( hybrid warrior
    Ex. You have 40% hp after the first,
    and 62% after the second.

You assume the first must be better, so you invite him to party for some 6v6
    You see him as last man full hp vs sin with 40% hp
    He loses with redhand due to stun
    After a while he is usually in your parties for 3v3 and 6v6. his gear is now 11-12 and lv70+ mastery/res
    You know his strategy he knows yours, and because of that he seems good. You win most arenas. You want him to be part of the 30v30 because he works well with you and blah. His skill is good you say. however you forgot about the hybrid warrior from a long time ago. You see him duel the warrior in your party. Your teammate wins with 15% hp. The warrior from long ago still has nub gears.
    -With same gear, the warrior in the party has less skill and used' fighting skills. If the setting or area is changed E.G different classes and players, he would suffer horribly. The nooby gear player meanwhile has incredible skill and knows alot about using which skill and timing. He is technically SUPER GOOD, yet you don't know him and make your list with the usuals.

EXAMPLE .2

I need priest cause I'm squishy! I need it! I need it! CANNOT go without priest! Priest must heal me me and ONLY ME . ONLY ME ALL .

(on other server's team) I NEED PRIEST. Someone help me, I need priest! I need! I neeeeeedddddddd!

EXAMPLE .3

Conclusion

Many players are extremely skilled at PvP and have quick reactions, it's just the gear that limits them. Some cannot compete as they lose to others with way overpowered gear. They seem bad from the losses. Some just have bad trees and then only win mediocrely against powerfully geared opponents. So, it is impossible within the one month period to determine who is the most skilled of each server. And, given that each team or server has the same disadvantages / advantages for party failures and noobs, the ones that complain are those in FEAR of losing to say a carebear server or an unpopulated one. They seem to be in the need of I'M A BETTER SERVER SO GET THE TOP PEOPLE THAT ONLY I KNOW AND ONLY I THINK OF. AND WHEN MY SERVER WINS I CAN SAY I WAS THE ONE THAT DID IT ALL .

Each server will have a weak point, it's like 12 v 12. Except all the best. Requirement is lv75+. Low levelled alts won't be in. EVEN- if the noob super OP geared (SQL) is one of the 'tops' in the list, other servers will have the same. And, you may complain you don't want a weak player. But, you wouldn't have chosen the badly geared guy with super good skill either, right?(Example lead up)
    Your examples are the noob type of analyzing someone if he's good or not. I don't care if someone wins or not only lol

I have over 5k arena matches probably so far in my life, didn't miss any IR, do 12v12 daily. I don't give a **** if you consider me no lifer, fact of the matter is I know a LOT about other classes not just mine, and when a player is an idiot or not. When someone does stupid mistakes, they suck. When someone is "slow", they suck. I don't care of gear only (although ppl that get one shot cuz of 0/12 refines, have no evidence of being good or bad, and I can't judge you know? THEN WHO CAN?! ARENA SCORE? LOL!)

For example I'd rate Rothj as one of the top mages in that IR, even though he has mediocre gear and loses a lot. Because he knows how to play his class and how to counter other classes and does so very well. Get it now?

Sorry to say but after so much experience over almost 2 years (played since CB phase 1 day 1) I can ridiculously fast see potential in undergeared ppl, or on the other hand if they just suck and QQ, or see if someone is total fail even if super CS'd, or see if someone is a very good player EVEN IF CS'D (cuz I'm sick of idiots saying ALL CSers don't have "brain")

One simple example of me favoring "non CS" for dumbasses who think I just rate "credit cards": I'd pick EienK, oOXingCai, Kiyo, Sinful over Merve any day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    WHY THE HELL DO YOU COMMENT THEN?

The people I chose are those WHO CARE. They WANT to be the top etc. Not gear-wise only. You don't. You don't even queue for experience.

If you don't care WHY DO YOU POST?!?!? WTF.

because your flaming/QQing/whatever te hell youll call this brings me joy and hilarity :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    Lol. Ill be the first to admit that I suck at pvp. I don't have time to try being good... Or leveling gear... Or even getting the rediculously cheep skills. Hell... I am leveling a burst MM with 3/12 gear and 6 chroma because I think rake of fire is pretty.... That should say worlds about my expectations with IR and 12v12. I have no delusions of being in this tournament...

But guess what? If I can see an exploitable scenario within 15 seconds.... There are issues. And I will be damned if my server is embarrassed because some visa holding 6 year old wants to solo the entire CN server with whatever shard gear he is iissued.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
  • PostgreSQL - EyrdaPostgreSQL - Eyrda Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited September 2012

But guess what? If I can see an exploitable scenario within 15 seconds.... There are issues. And I will be damned if my server is embarrassed because some visa holding 6 year old wants to solo the entire CN server with whatever shard gear he is iissued.

omg this made me lol so hard : ) 6 yo with a visa xD
    [SIGPIC]http://rcupload.com/images/QeRFD.png[/SIGPIC]
    -->MSSQL Is NOT my alt !<--
  • Lapisdurus - DyosLapisdurus - Dyos Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    A few suggestions in the true spirit of the game:

* Let the top 40 Zen buyers of each server participate (or let each one choose a participant)

or

* Let the GM put 40 "tickets to tournament" in the AH, no buyout.

What proves to rule in intra-server PvP should rule inter-server PvP :)

Maybe with BOGO?

But please, carry on in all seriousness