test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Forsaken World International Competition!

1235717

Comments

  • Xpewx - EyrdaXpewx - Eyrda Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Did it occur to anyone that since the level requirement was 75, that the competition characters might be 75 as well?

    And like I said in my previous post, it doesn't really matter if you have 2 squads or three squads when it comes down to the PvP in rift where you fight against players who has half the gear, gems, and mastery that you do. I am not impressed by the large guilds that can defend multiples of territories with few parties who can kill targets in 2 or three skill casts. Its the smaller and medium sized guilds who fare well in rift with 2 parties every week because their guild doesn't many players. Those are the players who know how to utilize their player as well as they can for whatever circumstances that are thrown their way.

    The people who fare well in arena in the higher levels have very specified gear and gems to fit a specific build and playing style. Players go with specific stat builds like eva. But would those players really be the best choice when going into a competition where they wont have those options? All of the equipment is going to be different than that they are used to. For all we know the players might not even be able to pick their own talents. Think about it, what good is a 2600 score Eva build dark vamp if they are forced to play a healing build blood vamp?

    u realise that the big guilds with say 7 wars have to do the same thing as those mid guilds with 1-2 wars.... 1-2 parties would be a luxury in 7 wars at 30 ppl each....we send 8-9 ppl and defend against 20+ in many of those wars and that is only showing team work and proper pvp coordination...
  • amarantosamarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    And if it was only 3 people, sure, that wouldn't be much of a problem. But when we're talking 30 people... it's not so easy. :(

    Because the 30 slots should be filled entirely with the final/cata arena booster teams and no one else on the server right :rolleyes:
  • Xpewx - EyrdaXpewx - Eyrda Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    amarantos wrote: »
    Because the 30 slots should be filled entirely with the final/cata arena booster teams and no one else on the server right :rolleyes:

    to be fair 99.9% of the pvp on the server is cata and final...were allies and war ourselves because thats the only way we can get any real pvp other than random 12v12....
  • oooopppssssoooopppssss Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    99% of the game is carebears to specialy in eryda :D
  • Tifa - EyrdaTifa - Eyrda Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, the problem with that is we only have one week...

    And if it was only 3 people, sure, that wouldn't be much of a problem. But when we're talking 30 people... it's not so easy. :(

    I should say, it's not so "fast" as 1 week even if it's easy.

    5 arena days about I believe in the time frame, and they are including 3v3/6v6 scores into the mix. How many arenas can you guys do about average in an arena day?
    to be fair 99.9% of the pvp on the server is cata and final...were allies and war ourselves because thats the only way we can get any real pvp other than random 12v12....

    I'm behind on the times a bit and haven't checked arena scores as of late lol. I'm assuming that Asylum does have some PvPers as well though. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xpewx - EyrdaXpewx - Eyrda Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    5 arena days about I believe in the time frame, and they are including 3v3/6v6 scores into the mix. How many arenas can you guys do about average in an arena day?



    I'm behind on the times a bit and haven't checked arena scores as of late lol. I'm assuming that Asylum does have some PvPers as well though. :)

    you cannot do enough because once u get a decently high score u start gettin so little score per win that it takes forever not to mention you have to hope you even get a que at high scores (hence the dropping in the first place) 2500+ you might get 1-2 ques a day sometimes
  • Tifa - EyrdaTifa - Eyrda Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    you cannot do enough because once u get a decently high score u start gettin so little score per win that it takes forever not to mention you have to hope you even get a que at high scores (hence the dropping in the first place) 2500+ you might get 1-2 ques a day sometimes

    Then if.. one gets a decently high score, why not stop going to that one and work up on the other arena that has the lower score (be it 3s or 6s) to get the best possible score in time for the PvP rumble?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xpewx - EyrdaXpewx - Eyrda Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Then if.. one gets a decently high score, why not stop going to that one and work up on the other arena that has the lower score (be it 3s or 6s) to get the best possible score in time for the PvP rumble?

    because decently high is not high enough to even be in the top 30 really.... ppl have maxed score or close to it because they spent a month or 2 gettin boosted to get it and now were suppose to get higher than them in a week on BOTH 3s and 6s to accurately show the real pvpers not the boosted alts and such...it doesnt work if they had told us of this at the time of resetting score almost all the ppl on the top 50-100 wouldnt be there even more so the top 30...we were illinformed and it is unfair to tell us with such short notice is all were saying
  • _Avenger_ - Eyrda_Avenger_ - Eyrda Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    wumpatrol wrote: »
    you are the worst sin i have ever seen in my life............ how do you lose to a noob inferno vamp 1 on 1? i dont get it :confused::confused::confused:

    +1

    THIS IS WHY ur not even close to be a TOP PLAYER
  • Borsook - EyrdaBorsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    amarantos wrote: »
    Because the 30 slots should be filled entirely with the final/cata arena booster teams and no one else on the server right :rolleyes:
    Got a better solution?

    Arena score doens't work either bro. I don't see you anywhere on the top on it. So you're excluded either way. If you are gonna QQ you're so skilled but lack gear to beat, then YOU find a solution. I'm all ears. :rolleyes:

    And for the record, I don't pick people based on gear, and neither does Juuz, who to boost now in arena I mean. This week.

    If you can't beat the boosted players in arena then... what do you expect? Give me a reason you should get picked. Proper reason.

    No arena, no IR... what makes you so special then?
  • Tifa - EyrdaTifa - Eyrda Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    because decently high is not high enough to even be in the top 30 really.... ppl have maxed score or close to it because they spent a month or 2 gettin boosted to get it and now were suppose to get higher than them in a week on BOTH 3s and 6s to accurately show the real pvpers not the boosted alts and such...it doesnt work if they had told us of this at the time of resetting score almost all the ppl on the top 50-100 wouldnt be there even more so the top 30...we were illinformed and it is unfair to tell us with such short notice is all were saying

    I'm assuming the boosted individuals will refuse to lower their score then.. then we shall place the blame for their ill choice!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xpewx - EyrdaXpewx - Eyrda Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm assuming the boosted individuals will refuse to lower their score then.. then we shall place the blame for their ill choice!

    them lowering their score is not the problem the problem is raising the proper ppls in such a short time.... the point i was making was to get to those scores it took some ppl 2 months and yet we have 1 week to get 30 ppl up there...
  • Tifa - EyrdaTifa - Eyrda Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    them lowering their score is not the problem the problem is raising the proper ppls in such a short time.... the point i was making was to get to those scores it took some ppl 2 months and yet we have 1 week to get 30 ppl up there...

    However, would lowering the score increase your guys scores from defeating them? Though.. if I may ask, how many in the top 30 list as of the current time were.. boosted?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • amarantosamarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    because decently high is not high enough to even be in the top 30 really.... ppl have maxed score or close to it because they spent a month or 2 gettin boosted to get it and now were suppose to get higher than them in a week on BOTH 3s and 6s to accurately show the real pvpers not the boosted alts and such...it doesnt work if they had told us of this at the time of resetting score almost all the ppl on the top 50-100 wouldnt be there even more so the top 30...we were illinformed and it is unfair to tell us with such short notice is all were saying

    If you were all SO kind to boost the alts or pvp noobs that are currently taking up the high score slots, then SURELY they can return that nice favor and drop their score (which is so much easier than raising it high up) to let the better pvpers have those slots, no? After all, they've been sitting at those scores long enough that they should have what they need from arena by now. Reverse boosting. Don't forget that not all the people on the first few pages are 75+ to even qualify as well. You should know who you got boosted to high scores; you should know whose scores to drop.



    And to Bors, I have no intention of entering this competition. I don't want in the competition. I don't care about arena or queue for it religiously and therefore yeah, I don't have a high score. Big deal. The only point I was making is that you make it seem like only hardcore final/cata arena goers should fill the slots, while there are plenty of people on the server not in either of those guilds who are fantastic pvpers and should get slots.
  • Dyvim - EyrdaDyvim - Eyrda Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Wonder if any of those 40 will be mm players, lol!

    Off-Topic below

    TBH, I try hard not to QQ about the MM class b/c I know that wont get it fixed. However, Ghundam I think most "career FW MM's" would agree with mostly everything you QQ about. You got my support pal in case I never said it. I still play MM b/c I don't let our weaknesses take away from having fun. I just hope all those people that kill MM's don't get a hard-on every time we drop. If you played the class you would know we don't have a goody bag of tools we can use every fight like every other class in the game. The few tools we have are on stupid long c/d's and/or need additional balancing to make them effective. We don't have an I-win button. If you lose to use 1v1 that's not good. If you lose to me as Burst then you should probably work on your PvP a bit more. That's about all I'll ever say.

    I love being a rare commodity :)

    I <3 all the other MM's out there that stuck with it. The few The proud the Dwarf. Just b/c we're handicapped D/N mean we wont jump out from behind a tree and pewpew you if we see the opportunity. BAM! you can't a mosquito you never seen coming! ::p:D;)


    On-Topic below

    The event sounds amazing! BUT... too bad the selection process is fail. If any MM's do get in, they wont be the ones that truly deserve it. That's about all I'll say. Lowbie gear farming then leveling 80. /Igratztoyou! (that is SARCASM) but ya that don't make you skilled :rolleyes:

    Oh well, hopefully someone will fraps it for the rest of us to enjoy!
  • Borsook - EyrdaBorsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    amarantos wrote: »
    If you were all SO kind to boost the alts or pvp noobs that are currently taking up the high score slots, then SURELY they can return that nice favor and drop their score (which is so much easier than raising it high up) to let the better pvpers have those slots, no? After all, they've been sitting at those scores long enough that they should have what they need from arena by now. Reverse boosting. Don't forget that not all the people on the first few pages are 75+ to even qualify as well. You should know who you got boosted to high scores; you should know whose scores to drop.
    That's same as saying that they can refuse when they get interviewed. You seriously think we didn't think of that? Wow you're too bright for us!

    Though, thanks for advocating manually modifying scores just to fit the selection. It just proves how good it is, right? Right? /sarcasm

    btw some of the boosted players do not yet have arena points / rank to get the purples, so they can't drop in score.
    Though.. if I may ask, how many in the top 30 list as of the current time were.. boosted?
    Most likely all. :p
    amarantos wrote: »
    The only point I was making is that you make it seem like only hardcore final/cata arena goers should fill the slots, while there are plenty of people on the server not in either of those guilds who are fantastic pvpers and should get slots.
    If I get to do the picks I will of course keep them in mind, if you have any specific solution to "weed them out" from the rest... cause arena score is clearly one big fail. At least you agree on that.
  • Xpewx - EyrdaXpewx - Eyrda Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    However, would lowering the score increase your guys scores from defeating them? Though.. if I may ask, how many in the top 30 list as of the current time were.. boosted?

    almost all i would say....at least the majority of them ....and lowering the scores is only fair if they have already gotten what they wanted for raising there score...some are at 2550 and need 2600 how fair is it they need to drop and lose everything because fw didnt forwarn us of this?
    amarantos wrote: »
    If you were all SO kind to boost the alts or pvp noobs that are currently taking up the high score slots, then SURELY they can return that nice favor and drop their score (which is so much easier than raising it high up) to let the better pvpers have those slots, no? After all, they've been sitting at those scores long enough that they should have what they need from arena by now. Reverse boosting. Don't forget that not all the people on the first few pages are 75+ to even qualify as well. You should know who you got boosted to high scores; you should know whose scores to drop.

    the problem with that is some ppl (unanmed female sin for example) are there and think this should be fun and games and wont even que during the week to drop the score and be fair to the real pvpers
  • YggdrasiI - Storm LegionYggdrasiI - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I disagree, simply because a person doesn't have a skill or 5 additional talents doesn't mean they are unable to play their character. Those talents or skills alone don't make the entirety of the class. Sure they can make some difference but a character without those can easily beat out a similar character depending on how they use the majority of the characters abilities.
    While i can't speak for all classes, playing with a priest who uses all their skills vs playing with one who doesn't sleep / purify is a HUGE difference. Players who are comfortable playing lowbies won't know how to do that.

    +1 to kateena and any who agree.

    Playing a 79 priest, I have encountered a ton of battles where I could have saved my own rear, or a team mate's, if I were level 80 with my sleep skill. Having purify, I can tell you, I am always in cool down when in arena.

    Also, warlord card sales are going to go through the roof. It's entirely possible to raise a character extremely high within a week (1.4k- 2k in a day when I first came back and using my leftover warlord card). Building the right team, all using cards, more item spam-age, yeah, I can see people boosting their scores real quick.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    [YOU- drah- sil]
    If you want to shorten my name, don't call me 'Ygg.' Call me 'Mana.'

    Grandia: Unity ☆ Teamwork ☆ Friendship I]grandia-storm.com/[/I
    ~~~~~~~~~~{ Never get left behind again. }~~~~~~~~~~
  • Xpewx - EyrdaXpewx - Eyrda Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    +1 to kateena and any who agree.

    Playing a 79 priest, I have encountered a ton of battles where I could have saved my own rear, or a team mate's, if I were level 80 with my sleep skill. Having purify, I can tell you, I am always in cool down when in arena.

    Also, warlord card sales are going to go through the roof. It's entirely possible to raise a character extremely high within a week (1.4k- 2k in a day when I first came back and using my leftover warlord card). Building the right team, all using cards, more item spam-age, yeah, I can see people boosting their scores real quick.

    1k to 2k is possible in 1 day WITHOUT a warlord card but the scores slow WAYYYYYY down after around 2400 or so and it is never fast even if u got constant ques and it took 4 minutes per match at 4 points per match thats not that many points ya know? and thats a pretty much impossible scenario so ya...
  • Tifa - EyrdaTifa - Eyrda Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    almost all i would say....at least the majority of them ....and lowering the scores is only fair if they have already gotten what they wanted for raising there score...some are at 2550 and need 2600 how fair is it they need to drop and lose everything because fw didnt forwarn us of this?



    the problem with that is some ppl (unanmed female sin for example) are there and think this should be fun and games and wont even que during the week to drop the score and be fair to the real pvpers

    Well.. it would be a sacrifice they would need to make or grab the item asap when they get on and begin the lowering process because, come on, we're showing our counterparts how kick **** we are! We can't let them show us up! XD!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xpewx - EyrdaXpewx - Eyrda Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well.. it would be a sacrifice they would need to make or grab the item asap when they get on and begin the lowering process because, come on, we're showing our counterparts how kick **** we are! We can't let them show us up! XD!

    some dont have the rep/points to grab it yet... points are awarded once per week so no way to speed that up...rep is time consuming and made even worse by the fact its less time comsuming if you win so.... the whole idea of basing it on arena is a waste of time...3s and 6s both are absolutely nothing like rift and many players who can literally 1v6 in 6s are completely useless in rift so how fair is that to pick that person to represent us... this whole thing is getting stupid
  • RaizensFur - NyosRaizensFur - Nyos Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    almost all i would say....at least the majority of them ....and lowering the scores is only fair if they have already gotten what they wanted for raising there score...some are at 2550 and need 2600 how fair is it they need to drop and lose everything because fw didnt forwarn us of this?


    You got boosted, wheres the fairness in that? You can always have your booster get your score back up anyway.
  • Borsook - EyrdaBorsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You got boosted, wheres the fairness in that? You can always have your booster get your score back up anyway.
    Cause it takes 0 time and effort right? :rolleyes:
  • Xpewx - EyrdaXpewx - Eyrda Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You got boosted, wheres the fairness in that? You can always have your booster get your score back up anyway.

    its just not fair to ppl to have to drop...they should have said something more than a week ahead of time for this give ppl time to prepare...boosting is a time consuming process that shouldnt have to be redone because fw decided to be stupid about the selection process with no time to prep

    Cause it takes 0 time and effort right? :rolleyes:

    that ^^
  • Tifa - EyrdaTifa - Eyrda Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    its just not fair to ppl to have to drop...they should have said something more than a week ahead of time for this give ppl time to prepare...boosting is a time consuming process that shouldnt have to be redone because fw decided to be stupid about the selection process with no time to prep




    that ^^

    I think we have no other choice though if we want the best of the best up there instead of the boosted characters.. we're going to have to keep in mind what our end goal is for the moment. ><!

    Time is not on our side; that is a fact. However, we can make best of our situation and perhaps do what needs to be done?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RaizensFur - NyosRaizensFur - Nyos Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Cause it takes 0 time and effort right? :rolleyes:

    You cant have your cake and eat it. Its one or the other.
  • Xpewx - EyrdaXpewx - Eyrda Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I think we have no other choice though if we want the best of the best up there instead of the boosted characters.. we're going to have to keep in mind what our end goal is for the moment. ><!

    Time is not on our side; that is a fact. However, we can make best of our situation and perhaps do what needs to be done?

    that doesnt help with the ppl who wont even do arena to drop or the fact that many of the ppl in the top that werent boosted have gone inactive etc...

    You cant have your cake and eat it. Its one or the other.

    worst expression EVER...WTF did u buy/make a cake for if your not gonna eat it?!? think about it if you have a cake you gonna eat the damn thing
  • supernoobstersupernoobster Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    dr4g0n wrote: »
    Now lets see what i should do, should i help kurt, cest, Juuz get his score so can compete together ;), or boost Bush Of Fire score the Pro MM so he can afk in tournament, hard choice:p:p

    Bastos which one u will pick, i let u pick this one:D


    Go Go BushOfFire become eryda captain and beat CN server :o

    Hope BushofFire decides to go into this tournament, an awesome mm ^_^! Along with my sin friend! :D



    Since we got about 9 days left. Why not host a 5-7 day special 3v3 tournament to decide who is best suited for this tournament? If you do, maybe extend the deadline at least 4 more days. Who ever ranks top 15 players in your tournament will enter the international tournament.



    Plus it would be awesome if you guys offered either live footage of the gameplay or at least offered a recording of it at good angles!
  • Tifa - EyrdaTifa - Eyrda Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    that doesnt help with the ppl who wont even do arena to drop or the fact that many of the ppl in the top that werent boosted have gone inactive etc...

    Any way to contact them? Not sure whether it's due to the fact of GW2 or they just stopped playing in general.

    They're going to have to think of the greater good unless they're.. umm.. yeah, I'll leave it at that lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RaizensFur - NyosRaizensFur - Nyos Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    worst expression EVER...WTF did u buy/make a cake for if your not gonna eat it?!? think about it if you have a cake you gonna eat the damn thing

    You made your bed, now go lie in it. Better now? :P
Sign In or Register to comment.