test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Forsaken World International Competition!

crabclawcrabclaw Posts: 953 Arc User
edited September 2012 in General Discussion
Attention community!

In the near future, the best players of Forsaken World from around the globe will meet in an all out PvP battle to determine the true champions of Eyrda! Starting October 10th, the competition begins as each region's team face off in a 30 vs 30 slugfest.

Now for the important part - we only have 30 slots for participants, with 10 additional slots reserved for backup players. Qualifying for a slot is simple! On 9/11, the top 40 ranked players according to the in game PvP arena ladders will be automatically qualified to participate. The top 30 will be guaranteed spots, with the remaining 10 filling backup roles. To make sure we fill the required 30 slots, we will reach out to as many as the top 100 ranked players in order until the required number of participants is met. Note: To qualify, your character must be level 75 or higher. Additionally, the arena scores being taken into account will be comprised of both 3v3 and 6v6 arena matches.

Once the list of participants is generated, we'll then need some basic information before your position can be locked in. Note: The deadline for receiving this info is 9/14. We'll reach out to you if you qualify in several different ways, so it shouldn't be hard to miss. The top 100 qualifying players will earn a reward, and placing within the top 3 teams at the end will also earn some sweet prizes for all participants and FW players as well.

more details about this tournament will be coming in the near future. For now though, get out there and cave some skulls in in the arena, and get your PvP ranking up! If there are any questions, feel free to ask!
Post edited by crabclaw on

Comments

• crabclawcrabclaw Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    To give a few opening details:

-This is a purely online competition, there wont be any travel required
    -A special server will be set up to handle the competition that will be based in North America
    -The battles will take place in the Immortal Rift, and are 30 vs 30

Here's the (lengthy) official rules:

I. Rules of Qualifying Competition

a. Each district is responsible for establishing their own rules for qualifying, but only one 40-person team will be selected (among them 30 people are formal members, 10 people are reserves) to participate in the International Competition.

b. The detailed name list of players who will participate in the International Competition must be submitted before September 17th.

II. Combat Rules of International Competition

a. Participants in the same district will form a guild, which will compete with guilds consisting of participants from different districts.

1. Members of each side should log in to the game within 30 minutes before the competition starts, and go to find the International Competition NPC Leonidas, who is near the Magic Fountain in Freedom Harbor, and wait for the competition to begin. Then competitors can enter the Battlefield when the competition starts. 

2. The Durability of the Main Ships of the two teams will be displayed during the Immortal Rift combat, the team whose Durability drops to zero first will be judged as the loser. During the 50-minute competition, if neither of the two teams have succeeded in lowering their rival's Durability to zero, then the team with the higher Durability will be the winner.

3. When the competition ends, if both of the two teams have the same score, then both of them should send one member to fight against each other 1 VS 1 on a battlefield is assigned by the GM. The victor will continue on to the next round of the competition.

4. This competition will follow the rules of Immortal Rift combat, and battles will be fought in the format of 30 VS 30.

5. In this competition, the member of the team registered as the Guild leader will be the only official liaison and the assigned person in charge. Guild leaders must assist the competition officials to confirm the participants name list before the competition, as well as organize the members of their own guilds to participate in the competition on time, and help to do other related work. Meanwhile, they need to help the competition officials to maintain the order of the playing area and convey the competition information to their own members duly and correctly. If the person in charge can't fulfill his own duty, then the competition officials reserve the right to make necessary adjustments or carry out arbitrations for the guild, according to related rules or as necessitated by the situation.

6. Respective members of each guild need to log in to the server and check their characters information before the competition starts, and accept the GM's invitation within the stipulated time, then join in the corresponding guild. Any guilds which are built privately on the cross-server battlefield can't participate in the competition.

7. All participants need to gather and deploy for battle within the competition time as announced by the competition officials. After the competition has started, any single participant or guild who hasn't reached the assigned competition area will be regarded as having given up their right to compete. If there is a situation that the competition officials cannot resolve themselves, the GM has the right to adjust the competition time.

8. In a single match, if one team gives up or has lost their right to qualify, then the other team directly wins. If both teams give up or have lost their right to qualify, then both of them will be regarded as having forfeited the match.

Note:

1. The servers which were opened on June 28th, 2012 will not participate in this cross-server PK competition.

2. During the competition, if you have any questions about the competition results which are announced by the official organization, you can communicate with the competition officials by e-mail, telephone etc.

3. Any change in information that is caused by non-server-related errors (for example, stolen accounts, player conflicts) during the competition is the player's own responsibility to resolve.

4. If the competition is affected by the server, the competition officials will deal with and announce it on the official website.

5. During the competition, if we discover any players making use of illegal auxiliary programs or abusing game bugs to affect the competition, they will lose their privilege to participate in the competition.

III. Time of International Competition

a. Process Data: September 20th -- September 28th

b. Competition Time: October 10th -- October 14th

IV. Version Information

c. The competition will use the English version client which contains International Competition data.

d. The server will be set in North America.
  • Borsook - EyrdaBorsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    crabclaw wrote: »
    Now for the important part - we only have 30 slots for participants, with 10 additional slots reserved for backup players. Qualifying for a slot is simple! On 9/11, the top 40 ranked players according to the in game PvP arena ladders will be automatically qualified to participate. The top 30 will be guaranteed spots, with the remaining 10 filling backup roles. To make sure we fill the required 30 slots, we will reach out to as many as the top 100 ranked players in order until the required number of participants is met.
    This sounds like a super bad idea already. Top players are usually lowbie arena farmers (weak players, arena alts). The top PvP players drop their score to get matches and carry others up, so the top spots are usually weak players on Eyrda at least.

Why not let them get CHALLENGED in an actual fight to see who's better. If you pick the top 3 from the arena ranking, I wnat to challenge them and prove they are weak. Otherwise, it is a terrible impression of a server's strength.

Ask any normal PvPer on Eyrda who's top players, no one will say anyone on the first page on arena ranking is the best. Literally.

I absolutely appreciate this event crab, but the selection process is horrible. Please look into it asap.
  • mrjuumrjuu Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Just to confirm, its what arena score thats being measured? 3v3? 6v6? overall rep?
  • fthawefthawe Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This sounds like a super bad idea already. Top players are usually lowbie arena farmers (weak players, arena alts). The top PvP players drop their score to get matches and carry others up, so the top spots are usually weak players on Eyrda at least.

Why not let them get CHALLENGED in an actual fight to see who's better. If you pick the top 3 from the arena ranking, I wnat to challenge them and prove they are weak. Otherwise, it is a terrible impression of a server's strength.

Ask any normal PvPer on Eyrda who's top players, no one will say anyone on the first page on arena ranking is the best. Literally.

I absolutely appreciate this event crab, but the selection process is horrible. Please look into it asap.

How about lv75+ requirement, top 30. The 15 from 3v3, 15 from 6v6, 5 extras on each, if one guy is already on list move down list.
    The arena alt high ranks is true most on the list are lv60-66 super alts that are horrible to lv80
  • Aishleen - EyrdaAishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Not just that, most of them are also inactive.

This is an AWESOME idea, but the selection is HORRIBLE :(

Please change it, to something like, one of the top players on rankings, chooses his team mates from overall the server... not just arena ranking. Some people (like me) also drop score on PURPOSE to help others, I can get it back up this week probably, but a lot of other great players can't this fast...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    fthawe wrote: »
    How about lv75+ requirement, top 30. The 15 from 3v3, 15 from 6v6, 5 extras on each, if one guy is already on list move down list.
    The arena alt high ranks is true most on the list are lv60-66 super alts that are horrible to lv80
    Except the BEST players drop their score intentionally (bad teams, or lose on purpose, depends on person) just to get matches because they're bored. How about instead take people who have the new purple arena weapon in consideration?

But going by arena rankings in a War is not that much a good idea. Arena is 3v3/6v6, small scale PvP, without ranting more, it is very different than mass scale pvp.
  • onthelowonthelow Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    so this is just our FW right? i would imagine that china who has been very far ahead of us would not be fighting against us for obvious reasons. Besides being months ahead i would think the money and data transfer so on and so on would be a bit more work then u guys want to do.

as far as storm server goes 24 of the top 40 are lowbie farmers and 4 others are inactive or not playing any more. I do agree it isnt the best way to choose teams for it but atleast it seems that way for all servers
  • Shinner - LionheartShinner - Lionheart Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited September 2012

I have to agree here and a some are same people twice or no longer play or chars changed hands and the new person is terrible. >.>

This also serously hurts the party set ups. In Lionheart 3v3 there is 6 priests, 1 mm, 2 prots, 2 mages. With very little to no mm/mages you do not have aoe dps.

There is also the issue of so many people abuseing the ranking system for arena. They either face their guildies and their guildies let them win or they bring lower lvls with them so that they can get lower ranked/ easy teams to win.

also have to add in that arena and rift are completely different beasts. Arena is just kill where rift is getting cryolite, mines refineries, carting....
  • crabclawcrabclaw Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Level and gear won't play a factor, as personal characters wont be used for the tournament. Special tournament only characters and equipment will be used.
    edited September 2012
    Level and gear won't play a factor, as personal characters wont be used for the tournament. Special tournament only characters and equipment will be used.
    But you realize those lowbie arena farmers are horrible in play too right? They just think they're good because they're low level and meet even worse ppl, but when they meet a pro veteran they make so many mistakes that it's time for some epic facepalms. -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mrjuumrjuu Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    do we get control of the talent tree or is that set up for us as well?
  • Ulrezaj - Storm LegionUlrezaj - Storm Legion Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Ok for once in PWE history please don't makes same mistakes u did whit PWI when u sent to represent us a bunch of people that dinn't know anything about pvp.

Change the way selection is made or we will be represented by a bunch of players that don't know half their char's skills cause hey they are lvl freakin 60 in game.

Idea is good too bad people whit experience will be left out cause they didn't stay lvl 60 and fought newbies.
  • PostgreSQL - EyrdaPostgreSQL - Eyrda Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I think you should let the top 500 apply for this as the top 40 are 99% arena alts who are level 50-60 and only log on for arena.
    Then again, my alt meets the requirements for this, so a question,

Do we have to play the class that our character is in game?
    im a priest but if my alt gets selected am i allowed to play sin in the tournament?
    [SIGPIC]http://rcupload.com/images/QeRFD.png[/SIGPIC]
    -->MSSQL Is NOT my alt !<--
  • Shirohikar - Storm LegionShirohikar - Storm Legion Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2012

What about mastery/resistances?
    edited September 2012
    I think you should let the top 500 apply for this as the top 40 are 99% arena alts who are level 50-60 and only log on for arena.
    Then again, my alt meets the requirements for this, so a question,

Do we have to play the class that our character is in game?
    im a priest but if my alt gets selected am i allowed to play sin in the tournament?
    No offense but, this is perfect example of why this selection blows.

I don't think you realize what you will face, people from CN servers who are fully competitive and know all sorts of tricks for years will make you cry.

People who just go "for fun" and not hardcore competitive spirit should be auto disqualified -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    crab, it is not about gear or levels, it is about knowledge of the game. The arena rankings don't reflect that AT ALL. Some of those people you can even ask and they will agree/speak truth.

As well, most of them are also lowbie alts and stomping because of gear vs low levels, yet you class them as best players skillwise? Give them an equal OP char at high level, when they face OP high level teams and they lose instantly -- in fact that's why they rolled alts to begin with.

It's not about gear, it's about skill. Lowbie farmer/arena alt is more than just gear, it's because lowbies have no clue how to play, so it's easy wins. Even with 24 chroma and lv10 mastery.
  • Firebat - EyrdaFirebat - Eyrda Posts: 4,190 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ... Seriously. Let the trolls pick the teams.

We know exploits of arena farmers and don't need people with visa cards representing uus since all they know how to do is faceroll their keyboard with Max mastery and lv5 gems.

If this is about skill.... Let US as players decide... Such as... Our own pvp tournament to see SKILL rather than gear. Or whatever method we choose.

While I think.it is a cool idea, and even cooler that everyone will be using GM made chars... You have made it abundently clear with the rules that skill is a factor.... Top scores are pretty much a reverse correlation to skill unfortunately.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
    edited September 2012
    No offense but, this is perfect example of why this selection blows.

I don't think you realize what you will face, people from CN servers who are fully competitive and know all sorts of tricks for years will make you cry.

People who just go "for fun" and not hardcore competitive spirit should be auto disqualified -.-

what the heck, of course this should be for fun =)
    edited September 2012
    No it's for competition spirit mostly zz I doubt you'll enjoy getting owned badly by CN players why don't you just do a random IR fight on THIS server then ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lapisdurus - DyosLapisdurus - Dyos Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Link to CN Summer 2012 Guild Tournament Forum Thread, also in rift: some with videos :)
    http://bbs.shenmo.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=214378

Their info thread
    http://bbs.shenmo.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=214764
    edited September 2012
    No it's for competition spirit mostly zz I doubt you'll enjoy getting owned badly by CN players why don't you just do a random IR fight on THIS server then ._.

I think it should be for fun, who cares if we win or lose.
    I have never Q.Q about dying in PVP and I never will, this game is what I like to do in my spare time for fun, it shouldnt be taken seriously(at least not for me).
    Im not saying im going to enjoy getting owned by CN players, but its not the end of the world if i do. Ill just resurect and try again :P
    edited September 2012
    No because you're taking up a limited spot, and you're too noob.
    I think it should be for fun, who cares if we win or lose.
    The entire server will, who will lose on rewards. World doesn't revolve around YOU and YOUR fun. You're taking up someone's spot. Someone who the entier server thinks is a good player, and not the opposite which is with you.

crab, just ask in world chat before selecting and you'll see. Ask for any player in the top list in 3v3 atm on Eyrda.
    edited September 2012
    No because you're taking up a limited spot, and you're too noob.

The entire server will, who will lose on rewards. World doesn't revolve around YOU and YOUR fun. You're taking up someone's spot.

so you are better than me?
    your just some random dude on the internet,
    and im just some random girl.

Your not better than me and maybe i am a noob, but not noobier than you o.o
  • wumpatrolwumpatrol Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2012

you are the worst sin i have ever seen in my life............ how do you lose to a noob inferno vamp 1 on 1? i dont get it :confused::confused::confused:
    edited September 2012
    wumpatrol wrote: »
    you are the worst sin i have ever seen in my life............ how do you lose to a noob inferno vamp 1 on 1? i dont get it :confused::confused::confused:

im not sure =) maybe they killed me while i was afk in SoO
  • wumpatrolwumpatrol Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    im not sure =) maybe they killed me while i was afk in SoO

umm.... no they beat you in arena... with your priest bot healing :rolleyes:
    edited September 2012
    wumpatrol wrote: »
    umm.... no they beat you in arena... with your priest bot healing :rolleyes:

interesting, I really dont know then :eek:
    mystery to me :cool:
    edited September 2012

You don't get it, this post clearly shows your lack of competitive spirit which this tournament encourages.

Nobody said he is or anyone else, a better person than you. But he IS a better PLAYER. I think even you'd admit you would never beat someone like Bors, Juuz, no matter of your gear and how much you CS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GirlBastos - EyrdaGirlBastos - Eyrda Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    LOL LOL LOL moar LOL
  • Brim_McRoy - EyrdaBrim_McRoy - Eyrda Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    this is the fail prot... someone bring popcorn im reading these posts
    FWs only Acolyte of Khorne --> warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Khorne
    Loki and Crabclaw: The Lost Gods of FW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]