Leeching lowbies?

Aesica - Storm Legion
Aesica - Storm Legion Posts: 501 Arc User
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
So on occasion, while letting this game play itself for my weekly dragon order nonsense, I see someone botting away with a lowbie parked nearby. What benefit is the lowbie gaining from this? More importantly, how can I tap into this for my own lowbies?

Thanks! :D
Post edited by Aesica - Storm Legion on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Unofficial Forsaken World Talent Calculator:
http://www.aesica.net/fw

Comments

• mylexeno
    mylexeno Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So on occasion, while letting this game play itself for my weekly dragon order nonsense, I see someone botting away with a lowbie parked nearby. What benefit is the lowbie gaining from this? More importantly, how can I tap into this for my own lowbies?

Thanks! :D

They're most likely doing apprentice bounty orders, the games post nightfall method of getting you to level 60 in a week. I think in the next major update everyone will just start at 80:rolleyes:

It takes 3 orders (900 kills with high level team) to hit 40 in 1-2 hours from a brand new toon and 5-7 days to hit 60, depending on whether you bother with other stuff. 7 just on orders.
  • Aesica - Storm Legion
    edited August 2012
    Man, this game...I don't know sometimes. So yeah, I'm going to guess I pick these up in nightfall citadel?

Edit: Yup, found them. "Dangerous Bounty" my ****. Nothing dangerous about sitting AFK while my 78's bot runs. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Aside from bounties you also get a mentor point every few mob kills while you are partied with the lowbie(s). So if you leave your bot on all day/night/week you can accumulate some nice free mentor points. :)
  • killergilnyc1
    killergilnyc1 Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i always kick newbs that dont give mentor exp.

they just stand there and cannot help or heal. so if im not gettig mentor exp, i kick them.
  • Arizll - Eyrda
    Arizll - Eyrda Posts: 1,551 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    If you are their master, you get 20 friendship and 50 mentor points when they complete their dangerous bounties, making it easier to max friendship for max reward from graduation.
  • nalensmommy
    nalensmommy Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    mylexeno wrote: »
    They're most likely doing apprentice bounty orders, the games post nightfall method of getting you to level 60 in a week. I think in the next major update everyone will just start at 80:rolleyes:

It takes 3 orders (900 kills with high level team) to hit 40 in 1-2 hours from a brand new toon and 5-7 days to hit 60, depending on whether you bother with other stuff. 7 just on orders.

IF it takes you 5-7 days to hit 60 you fail >.>... Friend hit 60 in i believe 2 days of pure botting. So if it is taking you almost a week you either fail or are very lazy.
  • Cassiondra - Storm Legion
    Cassiondra - Storm Legion Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm personally only half fond of the whole lowbies being able to get into the parties. I'm fine if it's a guildie who wants to do them, but I hate leaving my gobos party open -- since it's easy for my priest and Darriuss' MM to take over the whole area, pretty much -- and finding it's half filled with newbs who're looking to powerlevel. I honestly think there should be a way to change the level limit that you'll let in your party, 'cause... well, I don't want to have to lock out over lv 80s just because I want to avoid random noobs leeching in my party. Half the time I don't even get mentor exp, and it's pretty irritating when they're sitting there and I'm gone all day botting and they're leaving little to no room for anybody who actually *needs* to kill gobos.
    Aiuya - Storm Legion - 80 Human Divine Dyos Priestess / Glacial Nyos Dual Spec - Allegiance <3
    Celleiste - Storm Legion - 80 Kindred Dark Nyos Vampire / Blood Dual Spec
  • Javert - Storm Legion
    Javert - Storm Legion Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    IF it takes you 5-7 days to hit 60 you fail >.>... Friend hit 60 in i believe 2 days of pure botting. So if it is taking you almost a week you either fail or are very lazy.

Wait...... and yet your the one talking about 2 days of Pure botting... So lazy you have to stand there and do nothing.... something doesn't seem right here.
    Proud leader of Bushido Since Closed beta Phase 3. The longest Leadership on Storm Server.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Javert - 80 Protector - Diamond
    Gavrouche - 80 Marksman - Burst
    Vahlian - 80 Warrior - Elemental

If You experience Loadscreen Crashes Follow the Steps to Try to fix it! -->
    http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=429091
  • CuteNDeadly - Storm Legion
    CuteNDeadly - Storm Legion Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Bots for 2days straight.

Claims ppl who doesnt are lazy.

:rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC]http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=39960421002&dateline=1342799016[/SIGPIC]
    ☆ CuteNDeadly | lvl80 | Assassin | Edge/Dark | Paradise ☆
  • killergilnyc1
    killergilnyc1 Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Bots for 2days straight.

Claims ppl who doesnt are lazy.

:rolleyes:

LOL so true
  • Aesica - Storm Legion
    edited August 2012
    You're all being lazy. Back before this newfangled bounty botting came out, we had to afk-level up the long, hard way by idling in the training grounds every day for months on end.

Kids these days are so spoiled!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • YggdrasiI - Storm Legion
    YggdrasiI - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You're all being lazy. Back before this newfangled bounty botting came out, we had to afk-level up the long, hard way by idling in the training grounds every day for months on end.

Quoted for truth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[YOU- drah- sil]
    If you want to shorten my name, don't call me 'Ygg.' Call me 'Mana.'

Grandia: Unity ☆ Teamwork ☆ Friendship I]grandia-storm.com/[/I
    ~~~~~~~~~~{ Never get left behind again. }~~~~~~~~~~
  • xtrobored
    xtrobored Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I think the bounties are an attempt to make the game appealing quicker to new players. Long slow grind just drives people away, so they let you get to a decent level fast. It's the same with the teleport level unlock on areas that used to be off limits. Although bizarrely the advanced training ground is still locked at 40, when with bounties it's logically the first place that should have been unlocked.

As for the bot, it was an absolute necessity when soul power was introduced. Expecting players to stand there and drop dead from sleep deprivation grinding like zombies was asking way too much. In all seriousness for hard core mmo players with leveling OCD the bot is a real life health benefit.
  • nalensmommy
    nalensmommy Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited August 2012

:D lol and no i'm saying he hit 60 in 2 days of botting :P either way in 2 days he hit 60 in one day i hit 47 by botting and doing my henrys (wanted the title on my alt) none of my alts are that low anymore because of this great bot thing. >.> (yet doesn't it seem that this botting has made the game become dead? or is it just me?)
  • Axym - Lionheart
    Axym - Lionheart Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Ahhh the good old days... remember when the 3x exp wasn't on? craaaazzzzy times! GT used to be worth something then! lmao.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As long as I'm captain, the rum shall never be gone.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes courtesy of Deltatroopa