Stuff to do in this game these days?

Aesica - Storm Legion
Aesica - Storm Legion Posts: 501 Arc User
edited July 2012 in General Discussion
So yeah, I've been poking around this game again lately, mainly because so much of it plays itself. I can be playing [other mmo title redacted so this thread doesn't get ninja-modded/locked] and, during downtimes, this game can help fill in the downtime. Anyway, as so much has changed since around the time I quit (when nightfall went live) I find myself wondering about a few things:

1) Soul Leaves? Neat! It says I can get them from NC as well as mentoring (which I won't bother doing) as well as "special instances." So NC it is! Now is there anything special I need to do in NC to get them, does it only happen on a certain day, etc? Also, is ANC included in this?

2) Flying vs ground mounts. I still own a ram and a balloon--shameful, I know! What I'm wondering is this: Is it better to buy a decent ground mount first, or a decent flying mount?

3) More on flying mounts. I see "7 daily flying quests" are available, but I can only ever find the one where you pop balloons. Are there other ways to get azure sky emblems besides that? And besides wasting hard-earned money on them.

4) What else do people do for fun these days? Particularly from a casual player's perspective, because I don't think I'll ever take this game seriously enough to be hardcore. ;)
Post edited by Aesica - Storm Legion on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Unofficial Forsaken World Talent Calculator:
http://www.aesica.net/fw

Comments

• Crum - Eyrda
    Crum - Eyrda Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So yeah, I've been poking around this game again lately, mainly because so much of it plays itself. I can be playing [other mmo title redacted so this thread doesn't get ninja-modded/locked] and, during downtimes, this game can help fill in the downtime. Anyway, as so much has changed since around the time I quit (when nightfall went live) I find myself wondering about a few things:

1) Soul Leaves? Neat! It says I can get them from NC as well as mentoring (which I won't bother doing) as well as "special instances." So NC it is! Now is there anything special I need to do in NC to get them, does it only happen on a certain day, etc? Also, is ANC included in this?

ANC works too, but they both only have a small chance of awarding soul leaves.
    2) Flying vs ground mounts. I still own a ram and a balloon--shameful, I know! What I'm wondering is this: Is it better to buy a decent ground mount first, or a decent flying mount?

I'd say a ground mount that can swim is a much better choice. The advanced balloon is free (providing you have enough NC/ANC tokens) and just as good as CS air mounts.
    3) More on flying mounts. I see "7 daily flying quests" are available, but I can only ever find the one where you pop balloons. Are there other ways to get azure sky emblems besides that? And besides wasting hard-earned money on them.

There's another flying daily. The NPC is up above Ferrie on the roof of the library. Due to a glitch (or a feature lol) if you do the balloon popping one first, you can do both the same day. Doesn't work the other way around.
    4) What else do people do for fun these days? Particularly from a casual player's perspective, because I don't think I'll ever take this game seriously enough to be hardcore. ;)

Bot goblins 24/7. Yeah.
  • tientiensuser
    tientiensuser Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Botting helps ease the tedious elements of an MMO. Being unable to progress casually in another game discourages you into playing that game altogether. Im not very hardcore, I doubt most players are unless they have some unique reason to be. I personally just level alts. Hopefully gain a level 77 for each class.
  • nrliev
    nrliev Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Botting helps ease the tedious elements of an MMO. Being unable to progress casually in another game discourages you into playing that game altogether.

Yep. Set my 2 clients to bot, minimize graphics to minimum/low as possible. Minimize both client windows, then open task manager, make both clients on low priority. Then simply load up another game and enjoy :D

Shame I dont have a monster computer though, otherwise I wouldnt need to do all of that and can probably run really demanding games on high gfx too :0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vesrix - Eydra - First Zodiac Blood Rite Vamp
    - lvl 80 Hybrid Blood 35 / Dark 26 vamp (tinyurl.com/Mybuilduh)
  • CuteNDeadly - Storm Legion
    CuteNDeadly - Storm Legion Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You can get soul leaves from NC, ANC, being a master, GoS.

Ground mount is better imo, since you cant fly in instances or rift anyways.

For fun.. Idk.. helping guildies, doing instances, arena, etc.. Stuff like that.
    [SIGPIC]http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=39960421002&dateline=1342799016[/SIGPIC]
    ☆ CuteNDeadly | lvl80 | Assassin | Edge/Dark | Paradise ☆
  • tientiensuser
    tientiensuser Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    No, I dont load up another game. Since I wouldnt be able to bot that one. Players dont actually want to grind. They just want to enjoy the main course. What I do when Im not playing is to watch a movie or show. You dont have to be mentally alert to watch a stream. Its all spoon fed. I bounce back to FW to see what instances are up in the WC window.

I spend about 1 to 2 hours a day actually playing the game. And the rest is just botting. If I were to spend 2 hours in another game, I would be burnt out. Thats 4 hours a day and would be like a part time job.
  • Aesica - Storm Legion
    edited July 2012
    I'd say a ground mount that can swim is a much better choice. The advanced balloon is free (providing you have enough NC/ANC tokens) and just as good as CS air mounts.
    Well HOT DAMN, and here I was throwing away stacks of game tokens when they hit 9999. Finally, something to spend these on--thanks for the tip!
    Bot goblins 24/7. Yeah.
    How depressing. Which goblins?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesica - Storm Legion
    edited July 2012
    Oh, more thing I wanted to ask about Soul Leaves:

1) Are they account-wide like normal leaves, or per-character?

2) If they're per-character and I buy something that isn't normally bind on pickup, can I exchange my purchase with another character?

Basically, what I want to do is run NC/ANC on alts and, if they get Soul Leaves, use them to buy **** for my main. Is this doable?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arizll - Eyrda
    Arizll - Eyrda Posts: 1,551 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Oh, more thing I wanted to ask about Soul Leaves:

1) Are they account-wide like normal leaves, or per-character?

2) If they're per-character and I buy something that isn't normally bind on pickup, can I exchange my purchase with another character?

Basically, what I want to do is run NC/ANC on alts and, if they get Soul Leaves, use them to buy **** for my main. Is this doable?

1 ) No.
    2) Whatever you buy with them are bound...and therefore you should only buy with the character you plan to use it on.

If you don't want to rely on chance, try making mentor alts since they removed the IP restriction anyway.
  • Aesica - Storm Legion
    edited July 2012
    1 ) No.
    2) Whatever you buy with them are bound...and therefore you should only buy with the character you plan to use it on.
    Wow, I'm glad I asked before running all of my alts through. Thanks!
    If you don't want to rely on chance, try making mentor alts since they removed the IP restriction anyway.
    OH **** YES. It looks like I can finally get use out of the mentor system! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arizll - Eyrda
    Arizll - Eyrda Posts: 1,551 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Wow, I'm glad I asked before running all of my alts through. Thanks!

OH **** YES. It looks like I can finally get use out of the mentor system! :D

But keep in mind that they changed the quests that give mentor rep from 30, 35, 40, 45 to 30, 40, 50 60.

To make it easy though, you can get this dangerous bounty from the bounty guy in nightfall and bot with your main to speed up the leveling.

Also to get leaves from mentor rep level, press F, go to mentor tab and click on the button at the bottom to open up the mentor interface.
  • Darksiren - Storm Legion
    Darksiren - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

No. Anything you buy with soul leaves will be bound. You wont be able to send it to your main.
  • Aesica - Storm Legion
    edited July 2012
    Bah, one more thing. What's up with gem reforges? Did they always cost mentor points? It also seems like the "gem reforge" counter is meaningless now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    Aishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Nah you still get 1 reforge free per day, but can do additional ones using mentor points. First extra reforge costs 100 mentor, 2nd 110, 3rd 120, etc.

Counter resets every week and you can do it up to 100 times per week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksiren - Storm Legion
    Darksiren - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Bah, one more thing. What's up with gem reforges? Did they always cost mentor points? It also seems like the "gem reforge" counter is meaningless now.

There's 2 options to Gem Reforge. The pink one costs mentor points. The black one uses the daily free reforges. Make sure you use the black option unless you have 0 free reforges left.
  • Aesica - Storm Legion
    edited July 2012
    So basically then, I'm just a **** who doesn't pay attention to npc text. That's what I get for going on auto-pilot. Oh well, good to know that not every bound seemingly-worthless gem I get needs to be chopped up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • treachery1
    treachery1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You can trade the pets but not fashion.
  • Aesica - Storm Legion
    edited July 2012
    treachery1 wrote: »
    You can trade the pets but not fashion.
    Oh, now that's interesting. Do you have to hatch them on the character who buys them, or are they tradeable immediately after purchasing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Celennes - Illyfue
    Celennes - Illyfue Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Oh, now that's interesting. Do you have to hatch them on the character who buys them, or are they tradeable immediately after purchasing?

You have to hatch them first.
    Celennes - Level 90 frost mage. New sig coming "soon". | <Balerion Slayer> |
    <Hero of Summit of Elements> |