So is this game dead yet?

Aesica - Storm Legion
Aesica - Storm Legion Posts: 501 Arc User
edited July 2012 in General Discussion
Hai FW gais!

So I've been away from this game for awhile, because sto and wow are both so much cooler. Still, I figured I'd drop by and check in on this game since these forums are still in my bookmarks.

So, here's my questions!

1) Is this game still alive?

2) Has anything worthwhile happened since Nightfall went live?

3) Does anyone still use this anymore? (I'm planning a full revamp of my webspace in a month's time or so and, if nobody uses it, there's no reason to preserve it)

Oh look, I have a working avatar now! Too bad it's downright hideous.

Edit: Oh wait, the shiny new avatar in the upper corner doesn't show up in posts. Boy am I shocked.
Post edited by Aesica - Storm Legion on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Unofficial Forsaken World Talent Calculator:
http://www.aesica.net/fw

Comments

• Arizll - Eyrda
    Arizll - Eyrda Posts: 1,551 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Game is still alive, but barely. Depending on server, in Eyrda there is no fun pvp going on and pve is pretty much too easy to be "fun" so most people are just doing some lowbie arena and stuff around here.

Since nightfall, there was a time in June where we were getting bombarded with BOGO and the ongoing charge promo enabling only the hardest cs-ers to have the level 5 gems pretty much made the game pay to win at this point. The charge promo is still going on, and we got the dragon mount(in an orb, not surprising)

I'm sure a lot of people are still using your talent calculator.
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    Aishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hi :P and I still use your talent calc xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesica - Storm Legion
    edited July 2012
    Yaay, there are signs of life and at least a few familiar names around still. Even if only a handful of people use it, that's good enough for me to make sure it preserves.
    Since nightfall, there was a time in June where we were getting bombarded with BOGO and the ongoing charge promo enabling only the hardest cs-ers to have the level 5 gems pretty much made the game pay to win at this point. The charge promo is still going on, and we got the dragon mount(in an orb, not surprising)
    That's too bad. There's a time I would've loved to get my hands on this game's framework in order to see it live up to its potential, but I think it might be past redemption at this point. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Orlandez - Storm Legion
    Orlandez - Storm Legion Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I use that calc since the official one here tends to cut off the right most tree descriptions for me
  • CuteNDeadl - Storm Legion
    CuteNDeadl - Storm Legion Posts: 2,401 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ohai.

1. Yes.

2. Theres actually something to do at end game now, with the new soul power system, and the daily exp orders.

3. No clue.

And Yes, seems they are starting to fix the avatars.. Wonder how long that will take then.. :rolleyes:
  • PostgreSQL - Eyrda
    PostgreSQL - Eyrda Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    if you are going to remove the calculator, can you please send the script to me so i can put it on my website
    [SIGPIC]http://rcupload.com/images/QeRFD.png[/SIGPIC]
    -->MSSQL Is NOT my alt !<--
  • Aesica - Storm Legion
    edited July 2012
    if you are going to remove the calculator, can you please send the script to me so i can put it on my website
    Oh don't worry, I'm not removing it at this point. Enough people have posted here that they still use it.

And on a more general note, it seems that the age-old firefox bug which caused the talent calculator to restart when swapping between the other tabs on my page isn't a problem anymore.
    And Yes, seems they are starting to fix the avatars.. Wonder how long that will take then.. :rolleyes:
    LOL that's downright pathetic at this point. :/ On STO, we recently (2 weeks ago, I think) migrated from Cryptic's forums to PWE's. Even though it's the same buggy software as what FW uses, they already have us fixed us up with perfectly-working custom avatar functionality.

Whoever's in charge of the FW forum software needs to hang their head in shame!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xtrobored
    xtrobored Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Do you know why there's so many threads asking for a server merge that all get ninja locked ? It's very simple...because there's so many people who are all screaming "ARE YOU BLIND!?" at the devs, as they watch their ship sinking in front of them.

The expression "The customer is always right" isn't just some cute little saying. It means if you don't listen to the customers you can wave your business goodbye, because you'll have none.

The games current state is a vast improvement on what it was 6 months ago, but that improvement was way too late. It needs a new advertising campaign on Steam and gaming sites, and it desperately needs a server merge to consolidate the remaing player base.
  • DieselJE - Lionheart
    DieselJE - Lionheart Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I stopped playing WoW when i realized that it's boring, and i'm not 12. XD. Perfect world when that certain update came out, and so far even if there aren't a hundred turbo nerds crashing my laptop by hanging out in FH all day long, I am always able to find a way to occupy myself. That's the big difference between forsaken world and other games. There is ALWAYS something to do. But I can;t really see this game as dead/dying an any way.
  • CuteNDeadl - Storm Legion
    CuteNDeadl - Storm Legion Posts: 2,401 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Actually, I see more and more old players coming back to this game as time passes.. Ive got around 20-ish friends who quit and came back after the nightfall patch. :D Endgame isnt a dead end anymore. Theres more stuff to do now.
  • Lumenize - Eyrda
    Lumenize - Eyrda Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Forsaken World = Dailies! The Game

Sums it up nicely I think?
  • _Alastrina_ - Storm Legion
    _Alastrina_ - Storm Legion Posts: 840 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    forsaken world=african player mostly

FT
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    edited July 2012
    I don't know what you mean at all but, I assume it's something racist in any case. And you're also wrong so keep dreaming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ginius - Illyfue
    Ginius - Illyfue Posts: 2,509 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I don't know what you mean at all but, I assume it's something racist in any case. And you're also wrong so keep dreaming.

Yes and this is not the first time.. sigh..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby.
    Level 90 since august 2014

- Elemental Warrior 90
    - Ice Mage 90
    - Blood Raider 87
    - Divine Priest 85
    - Water Bard 83
    - Precision MM 80
    - Demon? I hope soon xD
  • Celennes - Illyfue
    Celennes - Illyfue Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yea lol, in one other post too sheesh.
    Celennes - Level 90 frost mage. New sig coming "soon". | <Balerion Slayer> |
    <Hero of Summit of Elements> |
  • Aesica - Storm Legion
    edited July 2012
    Racism? In my thread? GTFO!

(Wow, that was one hell of a patch...or patches. Lots of them.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Alastrina_ - Storm Legion
    _Alastrina_ - Storm Legion Posts: 840 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    a guildmaster who always ask to do guild thingy and ITS(feel lost honor? yes i call ITS)member w/o asking properly about the REAL LIFE situation is same as a slaver master and its pet
  • Ginius - Illyfue
    Ginius - Illyfue Posts: 2,509 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    a guildmaster who always ask to do guild thingy and ITS(feel lost honor? yes i call ITS)member w/o asking properly about the REAL LIFE situation is same as a slaver master and its pet

So for you slave = african...

And guildmaster don't ask for guildies to do guild thingy, it's members who agree to do these if they want to join the guild.
    There are other guilds not asking to do guild thingies that you can join, or even create your own, unless you're a lazy leecher who wants all the benefits from the base without working for it, which you are.

We told you that already in some other threads but it seems that you still want benfits without working for it, and you are still crying all over again and again and again :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby.
    Level 90 since august 2014

- Elemental Warrior 90
    - Ice Mage 90
    - Blood Raider 87
    - Divine Priest 85
    - Water Bard 83
    - Precision MM 80
    - Demon? I hope soon xD
  • BlazenAngeI - Storm Legion
    BlazenAngeI - Storm Legion Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Nope.
  • Allegrissi - Storm Legion
    Allegrissi - Storm Legion Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I don't think its dead but perhaps PW could be doing more
  • geisterkatze
    geisterkatze Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Strange how in every single MMO(RP)G threads like these pop up after a couple of months after the launch. Strange enough that most of these MMO(RP)Gs are still around after a couple of years.
    If you think that a game is dead then leave it. There is no point in hanging out in a dead game, isn't it? After all the only real indication that a game is dead is when the company switches off the server(s).

Btw. I have heard that the following games are dead:
    - World of Warcraft
    - Lord of the Rings Online
    - Rift
    - Star Wars The old Republic
    - Perfect World
    - Runes of Magic
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    edited July 2012
    More like you're the spoiled child who needs maids and all sorts of hired ppl to do everything for you while you enjoy the benefits :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesica - Storm Legion
    edited July 2012
    Strange how in every single MMO(RP)G threads like these pop up after a couple of months after the launch. Strange enough that most of these MMO(RP)Gs are still around after a couple of years.
    If you think that a game is dead then leave it. There is no point in hanging out in a dead game, isn't it? After all the only real indication that a game is dead is when the company switches off the server(s).
    :rolleyes:

Um actually, I had left this game awhile ago. This post was meant as a check-in of sorts to see how it was doing since I left.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crum - Eyrda
    Crum - Eyrda Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited July 2012

FT

Wooow.

I mean I knew you were mentally challenged going by your previous posts but....Wooooooooooooooooooooooow.