Remove Botting in Instances

killsnitch
killsnitch Posts: 157 Arc User
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
It's ridiculous that so many instances are 1 try, no late entry, and we now have to deal with people who just come in and bot, willing to take whatever they get without having to go through the hardship of playing their character. The bot needs to be disabled in all instances. Please patch ASAP.
Post edited by killsnitch on

Comments

• Brim_McRoy - Eyrda
    Brim_McRoy - Eyrda Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    killsnitch wrote: »
    It's ridiculous that so many instances are 1 try, no late entry, and we now have to deal with people who just come in and bot, willing to take whatever they get without having to go through the hardship of playing their character. The bot needs to be disabled in all instances. Please patch ASAP.

i dont know about this... I'm a diamond Prot and set my bot up so it does the highest damage output it can so i can effectively bot bosses fairly easily as long as i have a priest to back me up... idk im torn depends on how you use it in the instances

HTH
    FWs only Acolyte of Khorne --> warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Khorne
    Loki and Crabclaw: The Lost Gods of FW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Naryiaa - Storm Legion
    Naryiaa - Storm Legion Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I agree on removing the "Combat Assist" from instances

However, there is an easy solution:

Once a person activates "Combat Assist" they should get a title that says for example: "In Assist Mode" or something..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Behold the power of the fluffy llama
    Death by Baptism

Class: 80 Light/Wind Bard
    Guild: Paradise
    Server: Storm
  • killsnitch
    edited June 2012
    I agree on removing the "Combat Assist" from instances

Once a person activates "Combat Assist" they should get a title that says for example: "In Assist Mode" or something..

That's not a fix. You're still screwed in half the instances because you can't replace them, even if you do remove them.
  • Aetolus - Eyrda
    Aetolus - Eyrda Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm not really sure how this is different than them just going afk. At least they can actually do something in GT instead of just standing around.
  • sagek
    sagek Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Bleh, such a bad suggestion, "Remove something because I don't know how to work around it.. waaaaa"
  • killsnitch
    edited June 2012
    sagek wrote: »
    Bleh, such a bad suggestion, "Remove something because I don't know how to work around it.. waaaaa"

Thanks for the pointless, ignorant support. Try reading before you post.
  • fthawe
    fthawe Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    sagek wrote: »

Bot supporter?

Instances = no bot should be good. After all, you get gear doing nothing. ??
  • sagek
    edited June 2012
    killsnitch wrote: »
    Thanks for the pointless, ignorant support. Try reading before you post.

it's funny when people suggest someone to do something when they can't even do it themselves.

I do not support your opinion and I stated mine, Just like you, but yet for some reason you think that your opinion holds more value then others. :rolleyes:
    fthawe wrote: »
    Bot supporter?

I do support the botting.

two very simple solutions.

1. boot the botter
    2. Leave the botter behind( he will not get loot if he is not close to the monster when it's killed)
  • Brim_McRoy - Eyrda
    edited June 2012
    fthawe wrote: »
    Bot supporter?

SERIOUSLY!?!?!?!? are you an idiot???

Ive bot in instances like GT and on instance bosses, GEUSS WHAT HAPPENED :eek: i soloed 2 pillars in GT and i damn near soloed te bosses in instances and im pvp build :rolleyes:

this is how your acting --->they are botting i should take the rewards for the damage they are doing and the aggro they are taking from me

this is what im thinking ---> ok i have to go afk to (work on something, bowel movements, food) but im in an instance :/ hmmm i can set bot to do my job and tank while im AFK and still help them instead of slowing them :D
    I'm not really sure how this is different than them just going afk. At least they can actually do something in GT instead of just standing around.

AND THAT is the real logic behind it if used PROPERLY a bot in an instance is AMAZINGLY usefull for people like me that multitask/have to do something regularly...

AND IF you still dont like it ask them to set thier pick up settings for botting down low for the instance it IS possible to do that. :rolleyes:

now if you dont mind i would like to go go back to playing instead of having to troll/input on more rage posts like this over the bot. I hated it at first to... then i relized i could do all 7 sacred animal orders AND afk tank with it, it GROWS on you so to say :p

HTH ~Brimstone

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fthawe
    edited June 2012
    SERIOUSLY!?!?!?!? are you an idiot???

Ive bot in instances like GT and on instance bosses, GEUSS WHAT HAPPENED :eek: i soloed 2 pillars in GT and i damn near soloed te bosses in instances and im pvp build :rolleyes:
    gt? Proud of tanking in GT?

this is how your acting --->they are botting i should take the rewards for the damage they are doing and the aggro they are taking from me
    I don't know because I haven't done instances with bots.I have tested efficiency and bots are usually 3 times slower at killing if they are prot/war, same speed with vamp and blah blah

this is what im thinking ---> ok i have to go afk to (work on something, bowel movements, food) but im in an instance :/ hmmm i can set bot to do my job and tank while im AFK and still help them instead of slowing them :D
    If you're in a competent party then you won't be tanking if bot. You must go with horrible people, other bots or everyone needs food [large stomachs?]

AND THAT is the real logic behind it if used PROPERLY a bot in an instance is AMAZINGLY usefull for people like me that multitask/have to do something regularly...
    Do an instance where you have to be there {TOK} and your bot won't answer the quizzes

AND IF you still dont like it ask them to set thier pick up settings for botting down low for the instance it IS possible to do that. :rolleyes:

now if you dont mindno I don't mind i would like to go go back to playing instead of having to troll/input on more rage posts like this over the bot. I hated it at first to... then i relized i could do all 7 sacred animal orders AND afk tank with it, it GROWS on you so to say :p

HTH ~Brimstone

lol

Face my real account and you'll NEVER take aggro / and my build is hybrid.

This is what you're thinking : Oi, the gt takes so long I must go rebuff at statues 10 tens before the pillar is dead. Good, at least I'm a normal prot so I don't need a healer.

This is what I'm thinking : Oh seriously took aggro from a prot eh, wow he auto attacks so often. Oh c'mon he's doing his homework now? Not playing the game and he's not afk?
    :rolleyes:
  • Brim_McRoy - Eyrda
    edited June 2012
    1. im DIAMOND and soloed 2 towers botting
    2. if you never bot an instance or been in one with it dont diss on it i do it all the time takes just as long
    3. if im the only prot and I DONT hold bot with my bot even i never was anyway... its set up to do my normal skill cycle with a few taunts in for good measure and to recast my buffs when they end so im doing what i would normally do
    4. i dont bot the ENTIRE instance i bot the bosses and even hen not the ones with a damage reflect ability.

and as for your lil comment at the end. YOU CANT GET BUFFS FROM GT ONLY MGT MORON. and how the hell can i take agrro FROM the prot if I AM THE ONLY PROT and im using the same exact skill cycle as i do when im actually not botting

i swear get some glasses kid you need 'em

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rothj - Eyrda
    Rothj - Eyrda Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The problem I have with the bot is it's almost as good(or better sometimes) than a real person. There's almost no point actually playing your character now. It's easier to just put on the bot and go do something else outside of game.
  • conterkiller
    conterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    wow i didnt knew u could bot inside instances.. roflmao

now THIS is wat im gnna do from now on.. rofl xDD

• sagek
    edited June 2012
    The problem I have with the bot is it's almost as good(or better sometimes) than a real person. There's almost no point actually playing your character now. It's easier to just put on the bot and go do something else outside of game.

Yea I see that too. it makes sense to feel that way..

Just sayin, the way they have it in FW isn't bad at least in my opinion, others may say different but I think it works out well. When you force people to spend hours grinding just you can buy one thing is too much it is a waste of time.

Plus I mean this also helps people not focus on cash shopping as much, because now instead of dreading that week long grind were otherwise you would have spent $50, you can just do it at night and not have that be the focus of your game play.

Altogether when I saw it I was suprised. but saw it as a way for them not only to defeat the plague of illegal Botters altogether but also put everyone on the same lvl as the previous botters so that there can be some restored balance.

Also it gives people the freedom to actually not have to be chained to their computer for 20+ hours(don't lie I know plenty of you have pulled 20 hour game plays)

I just really appreciate the freedom to do that, some of you might be purest where you want it to be a hard road to get to where you are to you know sperate the "men from the boys" or whatever but you can blame the original illegal botters for making this a "Good" idea.
  • Ooogles - Eyrda
    Ooogles - Eyrda Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    You anti-botters are such nuisances.
    Just be happy that atleast the botters didn't just STOP and go afk to scratch their asses, Sure they are slower than regular fighter but since when has afk been any use?

How about you make an anti-botters guild and go together and leave the rest of the public alone?

Grow-up and smell the french toast, the game does not revolve around you nor your minority. When we don't like something about the game and we are the minority you have too options: STFU and QUIT or STFU and deal with it! I'm on the PVE server because I hate pvp, and well they added the arena.. i can't stand it but there are ppl who LOVE IT..i simply avoid arena and not **** my drawers when 3/4 of my guild wants to do arena when i want to do an instance. Now apply the same logic to your silly little argument and get over it. Just don't team up with the botters or like i said QUIT =.=
  • Sephmeister - Eyrda
    Sephmeister - Eyrda Posts: 1,249 Arc User
    edited June 2012

I agree with Rothj observation. I have noticed with bot set up right during boss fights in instances and turning it off when boss is about to die helps put in few more cycles of damage compared to a human doing the controlling. Of course, that can be abused by some with regards to scroll drops. Oh, soloing wbs, its much easier now too xD :p
    | ★ <Total Darkness> ★ | ★ <Twin Emperor's Bane> ★ | ★ <Balerion Slayer> ★ |

"Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away."
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    Aishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    You guys are ridiculous if you say bots do better than a human even if it's just tank and spank single target DPS. No wonder so many people suck at DPSing for their (great) gear, now I know why, if even this stupid bot does a better job... I am speechless how hard can it be to do a proper skill rotation?

But yeah the bot is pretty dumb and will never get close to my manual DPS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pront - Lionheart
    Pront - Lionheart Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    As much as I am sure the GMs value our input, I am equally as sure they have made a decision to put botting in here.

Arguing their already made decision, is about as much point as arguing the price of leaves/cash shop items. In the player community, there are players that use bots and those that dont. I am sure all the lvl 1-59 managed to get to 60 by some means. You can only bot 60+.

Anyone can argue one player or the other has no clue about how to play their player. That comes along the same lines as a prot is a prot. Well, there are differences between a marble prot, and a diamond prot. And, very few marble prots play the exact same way.

So your arguement while colorful, seems a bit off. The GMs made the decision to implement this. They did not ask your opinion for their free to play game.
  • Anaksunamun - Storm Legion
    Anaksunamun - Storm Legion Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I can care less if people bot or not, This game is easy, and doesn't take any "work" it's just button mashing and moving your character around.
  • Sephmeister - Eyrda
    Sephmeister - Eyrda Posts: 1,249 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    You guys are ridiculous if you say bots do better than a human even if it's just tank and spank single target DPS. No wonder so many people suck at DPSing for their (great) gear...

Guess it isn't easy to set up bot to maximize dmg for sins and bards. Thats obvious as without sins' orbs and bards' chords active, those 2 classes will not do what they were meant to. Bot is more forgiving to sins than bards though.
    | ★ <Total Darkness> ★ | ★ <Twin Emperor's Bane> ★ | ★ <Balerion Slayer> ★ |

"Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away."
  • tientiensuser
    tientiensuser Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I play DD and my bot plays better than me. The bot just spams through all the buttons and I dont even have to click or hit my keyboard.

Although to be perfectly honest, the bot isnt perfect. It will always return to it original set point which can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on the circumstances. So what I do is hover my finger over the start and stop button. I still have to make corrections here and there, but now I dont have arthritis.
  • Thori - Storm Legion
    Thori - Storm Legion Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Even seen a Bard bot? It's like they're face rolling their keyboard.

This is honestly a sensible suggestion (And the only sensible suggestion that's been said between the 'Waaaaah, bots!' and the 'Waaaaaah. Stop 'waaaaaah'ing about bots.') Either that or talking constantly to your party throughout the instance to check if they're actually there. But that's not very feasible, is it? :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dakotahkid - Eyrda
    Dakotahkid - Eyrda Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Either that or talking constantly to your party throughout the instance to check if they're actually there. But that's not very feasible, is it? :P

It would be done easily if you had a bot turned on so your hands were free to type.
    Abels: The most OP class is the one that you're not playing.
    78 Venom Sin
    Why Venom? Because stun locking for 7 seconds and nearly doubling your evasion for 15 seconds doesn't take skill.
  • fthawe
    edited June 2012
    1. im DIAMOND and soloed 2 towers botting
    2. if you never bot an instance or been in one with it dont diss on it i do it all the time takes just as long
    3. if im the only prot and I DONT hold bot with my bot even i never was anyway... its set up to do my normal skill cycle with a few taunts in for good measure and to recast my buffs when they end so im doing what i would normally do
    4. i dont bot the ENTIRE instance i bot the bosses and even hen not the ones with a damage reflect ability.

and as for your lil comment at the end. YOU CANT GET BUFFS FROM GT ONLY MGT MORON. and how the hell can i take agrro FROM the prot if I AM THE ONLY PROT and im using the same exact skill cycle as i do when im actually not botting

i swear get some glasses kid you need 'em

Last part I typed "This is what I'm thinking"
    Not what YOU'RE thinking. I think you need glasses

p.s Diamond tanking? So what? It's GT
  • SFX_Royal - Storm Legion
    SFX_Royal - Storm Legion Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    To solve the problem just do a guild party or world flute it for on. Not hard, unless you're scared or world chat or scared of leading a party :D
    If you're on my block list :rolleyes:
    Then I don't know who you are. Probably an angry troll.
  • Inzho - Eyrda
    Inzho - Eyrda Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I was totally against the bot but now I have used it to farm DOs its simply brilliant.

I still think the rune system is flawed and that using the bot to offset the DO grind is a cop out however so long as that is how it is I will bot my DOs.

Now on the issue of botting instances I say no but I wonder how much coding (which opens the possibility for flaws) it would take to disable botting in instances?

Well I am against botting instances but for farming DOs the bot really is a brilliant addition to the game.

On another note in terms of the bot setup itself I must say that it works really well.
  • parking
    parking Posts: 1,101 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    well,, TBH ,,, I dont care one way or the other,,,

A 1/2 decently prog'd alt BOTT is way better then some incompetent tool trying to micro manage 2 accs with 10 sec lag between alt/tabs isnt it

So,, as long as the ALT,, / Bott is set up and is NOT just going through the motions

AUTO BOTTs TRANSFORM !! GO Bott,, GO BOTT

I sure do LOVE the way I got my BOTTs set up

(( NO I dont BOTT in an Instance unless everyone knows ))

IMHO,, certain things can beBOTT'd better , Bott actually has better reflexs then you do and doesnt have to watch its MP/HP or its CDs now does it

Try EC with a Guildie both with ALT Botts and see what happens

I dont think certain Instances should be BOTT'd but you never know do you ,,,
    Like I said,, BOTT has better reaction then you do and Its better then an Alt on auto hit isnt it
    You cant fix STUPID, but YOU CAN KILL IT ! ! !
    FYI:90% of my post is sarcasm,read it again and figure it out!
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    Aishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Guess it isn't easy to set up bot to maximize dmg for sins and bards. Thats obvious as without sins' orbs and bards' chords active, those 2 classes will not do what they were meant to. Bot is more forgiving to sins than bards though.
    Nah no class is comparable, except the face rolling ones maybe with super short cooldowns like fire mage. Bot is "too slow" if you know what I mean, very easy to spot for me too. But I guess you guys go mostly with "randoms" who are "Too slow" and slack as well, with or without bot, and probably "save pots" too lmao and not maximize their DPS... yes I have experience with those 90% of the time with randoms... hell even in guild some are like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arizll - Eyrda
    Arizll - Eyrda Posts: 1,551 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Nah no class is comparable, except the face rolling ones maybe with super short cooldowns like fire mage. Bot is "too slow" if you know what I mean, very easy to spot for me too. But I guess you guys go mostly with "randoms" who are "Too slow" and slack as well, with or without bot, and probably "save pots" too lmao and not maximize their DPS... yes I have experience with those 90% of the time with randoms... hell even in guild some are like that.

To be fair, I think if you have high ping, bot can boost your dps(except classes that have special mechanics like orbs or notes).
  • PurpleDragon - Eyrda
    PurpleDragon - Eyrda Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    DO NOT REMOOVE!!! CA is awsome! Freaking Awsome!!!
    [sigpic]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig/enjin-46579-1307226035276116204-blue.png[/sigpic]

Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines, but it is to the one who endures that the FINAL Victory comes.