Rifts and Alliance

Rhugiga - Storm Legion
Rhugiga - Storm Legion Posts: 226 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
Ok so Leionidas says that we are able to aid an guild with the same diety as us, namely an alliance with the same diety. here we are right as teh rift opens and we are unable to join our alliance mates in their rift. We allianced with the guild a week ago. do we need to be in an alliance for longer? or is this just bugged for the squads?
Post edited by Rhugiga - Storm Legion on
<"Its not a success unless someone fails">
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• Optimushax - Eyrda
    Optimushax - Eyrda Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    You sure you were part of the same diety?
    Or the rift wasnt a 30vs30 and was already full?
  • Rhugiga - Storm Legion
    Rhugiga - Storm Legion Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    yes, both guilds are teh same diety and i know that the rift wasnt full since i was in our partner's vent and their leader told us that they only had 15 people on their side while we were trying to figured out what was wrong.
    <"Its not a success unless someone fails">
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shinner - Lionheart
    Shinner - Lionheart Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    yeah it seems there no way to really help them as we were told. I tested it myself lastnight just for the hell of it and I could not help my alliance'd guild attack and they could not come in to help us defend.

The attack area was a 100v100 where they only sent 2 people so there was plenty of room.
    The defense was a 60v60 where i don't think any of my guild showed xD

alliance is 3-4 weeks old

This isn't the first thing about this war we were given misinformation over either. When the wars first came out we were told if you switched statues you would lose all your divinity but you lose maybe half.
  • Optimushax - Eyrda
    edited May 2012
    strange i remember seeing multiple guilds defend in rift 2 weeks ago.
  • Shinner - Lionheart
    edited May 2012
    strange i remember seeing multiple guilds defend in rift 2 weeks ago.

That was probably an unoccupied area. Anyone that is not affiliated with the statue the guild attacking the unoccupied area can "defend" the unoccupied area.
  • Optimushax - Eyrda
    edited May 2012
    That was probably an unoccupied area. Anyone that is not affiliated with the statue the guild attacking the unoccupied area can "defend" the unoccupied area.

thats probably it then thanks
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    Borsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    This isn't the first thing about this war we were given misinformation over either. When the wars first came out we were told if you switched statues you would lose all your divinity but you lose maybe half.
    Half? What about the territories you currently hold? Do they switch to the new statue?
  • Shinner - Lionheart
    edited May 2012
    Half? What about the territories you currently hold? Do they switch to the new statue?

Well not sure of half but you do lose some. I got the half from a complaint thread of a guild switching and lost half. Guild on lionheart had more divinity than us then switched and had less divinity than us after the switch (Still do). my guild's divinity has been so glitched lately we get 60% if that of what we should be getting each week regardless of if we won or lost last week...

and yes the territories switch over to the new statue.
  • Dyria - Lionheart
    Dyria - Lionheart Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Okay I don't know if this will help, as far as the divinity thing goes each week or not. But I'll give it anyway.

Okay FyreBane does not own one of the fake territories. So every week for a couple weeks, we received full divinity from our battles. However, we did end up owning a map territory. On the week we did not have to defend it, we only got 20% for the battle we did fight.

We had fought a battle that we lost. The losing divinity was 2000, and we paid 10g.
    We earned 410 divinity.

Last week, we had to defend. Which we won. (we had no other territories. So there were no territories we owned without battles)

We also attacked a territory that gives the winner 12000 divinity. We got, 12k plus extra(I can't check right now) Which means we got the full winning divinity for our attack, plus 20% of the divinity on the owned territory.

So if you fight all your territories, you should get full divinity for any NEW battles, and 20% for your currently owned ones (regardless of win/lose). If you do NOT fight all your territories, you receive 20% of your divinity on all battles, plus your own bid, and only your bid, if I'm right. (I might not remember that correctly.)

Also some things to note.

Check divinity on the battle you are fighting. Divinity is based on where the territory is being attacked from, not the territory being attacked.

If you attack a 30v30 from a 100v100, the battle will be 30v30, but the divinity will be for a 100v100.
  • tweetypie81
    tweetypie81 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Ok so Leionidas says that we are able to aid an guild with the same diety as us, namely an alliance with the same diety. here we are right as teh rift opens and we are unable to join our alliance mates in their rift. We allianced with the guild a week ago. do we need to be in an alliance for longer? or is this just bugged for the squads?

So i am with u Rhugiga, as we all worked and change the God, but yet right before our alliance is unable to enter with us, this sucks, whats the point of having an Alliance if they cant help

Wish a GM or someone would help answer out questions, as this isnt the first time im seeing this happen, which sucks
  • ces1967
    ces1967 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    up up up

wish the moderators would reply to the question......
  • Ginius - Illyfue
    Ginius - Illyfue Posts: 2,509 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    As far as I know, here are a few things:

- Guilds alliance has NOTHING to do with rift
    (seems only usefull for base fee and open world PvP on PvP servers)

- When one side is decided, only this guild can join the rift battle

- Only when one side is not decided : unoccupied territory (in defense) or a territory choosen during the 3 orders choices and not bidded by any guild afterwards
    => meaning is when there is no guild name written on the battlefield list under the battlefield tab.

In this case, several guilds can join BUT only those under the specific god (name displayed in battlefield list)
    However those guilds will not get any rewards, they will only:
    - prevent an attacking guild to get an unoccupied territory
    - make a guild lose it's territory and come back to unoccupied state.

As a result, several guilds under the same god can team up to make a guild loose its territory (I dunno about PvP servers, but the biggest number of people I've seen for a guild in rift was 62, New Order, a few weeks ago), so you can get 3 guild under the same god, take the 33 best available players for the war and rush a 100vs40-60 with high chance of winning.

Last thing is that this system makes it that if you win too much you loose.
    We were owning 2lvl1(100vs100) and one lvl2(60vs60) territories last week and had to lose them to get again some decent divinity points (owning 2 lvl1 without anyone attacking and winning a 60vs60 gave us..

1400 divinity points !! hell yeah last ranking place, last ranking rewards for the week.

As a consequence we gave 2 out of 3 territories last week to get rewards again, and got first divinity ranking place again, how great is it to rewards ppl for loosing and giving penalties for winning :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby.
    Level 90 since august 2014

- Elemental Warrior 90
    - Ice Mage 90
    - Blood Raider 87
    - Divine Priest 85
    - Water Bard 83
    - Precision MM 80
    - Demon? I hope soon xD