Forsaken Math

PEZ - Eyrda
PEZ - Eyrda Posts: 466 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
2mqt8k0.png

Mercury Statues(10) are usually 180. 20% of 180 is 36. So 20% off would be 144. The only way this works is if you take 20% off of 10 individual Mercury Statues sold for 20 each, or 200 for 10, or 160 for 20% off of 200. But clearly the pink circle denotes a sale on the pack of 10, rather than a sale on 10 individual Mercury Statues.

This was also the case with the last sale on star crystals. The boutique said 30% off for star crystals(100), which were priced at 1400. Now that the sale is gone, they are back up, but only at 1600. So they were actually only 12.5% off for the pack. The 30% off would only make sense if you consider buying 20 packs of 5, or 5 packs of 20, rather than the 1 pack of 100 which the pink circle denoted.

Why the deception?
Post edited by PEZ - Eyrda on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The servers are extended gutters and the gutters are full of nova packs and when the drains finally scab over, all the players will drown. The accumulated wealth of all their orb opening and +12 refining will foam up about their waists and all the noobs and elites will look up and shout "Thank you!"

... and I'll whisper "Rollback."

Comments

• lokisdottir
    lokisdottir Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    there are only tags for 10% variable sales, so the tooltip has to show it at the nearest 10% sale. The "original" price is temporarily shifted to accommodate this but is reset as soon as the sale is done.

Not deception...limited UI tools.
  • PEZ - Eyrda
    PEZ - Eyrda Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Oh, why thank you for the fast response! I'm not really complaining. I bought them anyways because a sale is a sale, in my opinion. That being said, you guys tend to round up by a lot :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The servers are extended gutters and the gutters are full of nova packs and when the drains finally scab over, all the players will drown. The accumulated wealth of all their orb opening and +12 refining will foam up about their waists and all the noobs and elites will look up and shout "Thank you!"

... and I'll whisper "Rollback."
  • lokisdottir
    edited April 2012
    Oh, why thank you for the fast response! I'm not really complaining. I bought them anyways because a sale is a sale, in my opinion. That being said, you guys tend to round up by a lot :P

would you rather we round down and you get a 2 leaf sale? =p
  • teashell
    teashell Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    ohhh c'moon PEZ.. they gotta make MOAR MONEEEYZZZ somehow..

since now that most of the HARDCORE CS'rs are alrdy maxed MAstery and lv3 wings.. they aint making them moneyzz like they used to.. D:

i was rly hoping for a special promo of Statuettes x 100 packs.. q_q
    "I feel like such a douchebag."
    "That's because you are. Pure 100% douchebaggery."
  • lokisdottir
    edited April 2012
    teashell wrote: »
    ohhh c'moon PEZ.. they gotta make MOAR MONEEEYZZZ somehow..

since now that most of the HARDCORE CS'rs are alrdy maxed MAstery and lv3 wings.. they aint making them moneyzz like they used to.. D:

i was rly hoping for a special promo of Statuettes x 100 packs.. q_q

I really don't understand what your rant has to do with anything since PEZ just confirmed the price does not in fact go up at all.
  • teashell
    teashell Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I really don't understand what your rant has to do with anything since PEZ just confirmed the price does not in fact go up at all.

yeah.. it doesn't go up.. but as he said.. is not as big of an offer as its shown ingame..
    yes.. is still an offer.. but not as good as u guys make us think.. :<
    "I feel like such a douchebag."
    "That's because you are. Pure 100% douchebaggery."
  • __Vlad__ - Storm Legion
    __Vlad__ - Storm Legion Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    its the new math