So I'm level 80. . .now what?

PEZ - Eyrda
PEZ - Eyrda Posts: 466 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
I'm bored, so here's a guide to keep you busy once reaching level 80. This has all been done to the best of my memory, so mistakes may be present. I'm going to assume that you already have a strong grasp on the old dailies if you're reached level 80, so I'll begin by talking about the new stuff that Nightfall brought.

Nightfall:

Flying Dailies-
Who: You might need to talk to the flying tutor to unlock these quests. The flying tutor is near the magic fountain. You will need a flying mount.
What: Baloon Bonansaii and Ear of the Storm.
When: Anytime.
Where: BB is northeast of Ferrie. EotS is on top of the Library.
Why: You get up to two Azure Sky Emblems, bound if not above level 64. Magicraft shards for flying energy. Pigment for dying flying mounts.

You can do two of these quests per day, but only if you do them in the right order. If you start with Baloon Bonanzaii, you will be able to do Ear of the Storm afterwards. If you try to do these quests in the opposite order, you will not be able to do Baloon Bananzaii.

To do Balloon Bananzaii, get on your flying mount and acquire the 3 minute quest. Accelerated flying is suggested. Open your bag and get ready to right click the poker, or drag it to your hotbar. Use tab to target baloons. Priorities are purple >> big yellow >> yellow >> red. If you fail, you can try again, so aim for three minutes.

To do Ear of the Storm, get on your flying mount and acquire the quest. Accelerated flying is optional. Open your bag and right click the locator. It will tell you the direction to travel. Spam click this until you get to the location, and either a listening device will spawn, or a listening device will self destruct. If it spawns, it looks like a purple orb, and you need to pick it up. Pick up 5 listenting devices, and turn in the quest to the NPC.

Soul Power Dailies-
Who: The mantra and order NPC in nightfall.
What: Grinding.
When: Anytime.
Where: The AFK-zone farm. The teleporter is near the order NPC or near blossom boulevard.
Why: The best way to acquire soul power. Runes, mantras, 75 greens.

For the week, pick up 105 bloodstained dervish orders, 105 black goblin orders, and 7 Dragon Orders. If you want to save time, do 1 dragon order each day coinciding with 15 black goblin orders. You will need to kill 240 black goblin orders which seems like a lot, but this can be done solo in less than 20 minutes, or with a party in less than 12 minutes. Make sure to get a Sanguine Infusion from the gift section of the Shylia Market before starting.

If you still have time, do your 15 dervish orders for the day. These are much easier than goblins, however they spawn in groups of 15, instead of 19 like the goblins, which will make them slower than goblins. Their spawn is just up the hill from the goblins.

Rune Dailies-
Who: Dusktown Envoy
What: SoL for runes. You need a mantra per party member to make this worthwhile.
When: 20 minutes per hour, opening at a random time between XX:00 and XX:40.
Where: Crystal valley near the teleporter. Hop realms as often as it takes to find him. He is also located in other bizzare places that I can't confirm.
Why: Decent soulpower. Runes, astral reforge charms, saphhire scrolls.

You can do this three times per day, and (as far as I know) once per hour. In my opinion, the mantras scale absolutely terribly. You need 10 whites for a green, and the green rewards are not 10 times better than a white. You need 10 greens for a blue, and the rewards are not 10 times better than a green, nor 100 times better than a white. My advice is to use greens and whites, saving the blues for your 60 soul power gate or selling to others for their 60 soul power gate. Also, I heard that you get a butt load of blue and purple mantras for 220 achievements, but it could be a rumor.

You need to manually enter, so have a party planned, if not ready, on the hour. Pay attention to world chat for the announcement, "The dusktown envoys have arrived." Teleport to the cyrstal valley using a zone teleporter like Mathew. Change realms if you don't see the NPC. Make sure everyone who wants to use mantras has them in their bag. Queue in and sit tight for a minute. When the mobs spawn, round them up and AoE. Three waves will spawn before the final boss, all of which is a cakewalk. After the boss dies, you have like 10 minutes before the instance closes. Take turns summoning beasts using your mantras, not all at once, you scrub **** Finals.

It's courteous to only roll on the drops from your own mantra. Whites drop 1 level 1 rune. Greens drop a few level 1 runes, and/or a couple sapphire scrolls, and/or a couple astral reforge gems. Blues drop several level 1 runes, and/or a couple level 2 runes, and/or several sapphire scrolls, and/or several astral reforge gems. I've never seen a purple mantra drop, so bother Sooky and Shyren if you want to know.

Reforge Dailies-
Who: Wade, and optionally Figaro.
What: SoL with odd objectives for astral reforge charms.
When: Check the events menu for times. Usually coincides with the fishing event.
Where: Goutahs eye, survivors camp, elf starter zone.
Why: 3 to 5 Astral reforge charms, soul token (not the one with a cross, so this might be an error), skill scrolls, possubly wineglasses (I can't really remember). Note that all of these are rolled for.

Check the events menu for listed times. This is manual entrance, so have your party ready on the dot and watch world chat for the announcement, "Wade's fishing hole is now open. I'm in N/S/E/W of Goutahs eye," or "N/S/E/W of the Waterfall/Survivor's camp," or "N/S/E/W of the West Edge Shore." Wade's location is random at the spawn time, but he's usually in the same place for each area. I wish I could explain this better, but I don't really know, and that's just too much work. Look around, he'll talk in normal chat when you are nearby. Each location has a different objective.

When you queue into Goutah's Eye instance and start it by talking to Wade, there will be three chained things at the entrance: blue, green, and red. They do things like increase health recovery, but can only be activated once. They're pretty pointless when you bring a full level 80 group, in my opinion, but I don't know too much about them. Just kill trees until the boss comes, who is a pain in the ****. When he says, "[something something] near me," run away or he does massive AoE damage to people near him. When he says, "[something something] far away," I guess he's supposed to do damage to everyone who is not close to him, but he does damage to everyone. This is a heal intensive boss, and is required for Figaros fishing pole quest.

When you queue into the Survivor's Camp instance and start it by talking to Wade, a pot/chest will spawn. Destroy it summon a spider and another pot. This spider must live to destroy this second pot. Just stand there tanking the spider while it occasionally throws a blow at the pot. When the pot is destroyed more spiders will be spawned. More pots will also be spawned, so make sure to always keep 1 spider alive so it can destroy the pots. Otherwise you have to sit there and wait for the pot to kill itself, which is like watching grass grow. There will be about 3 waves of this, followed by a boss spider. Tank and spank this boss who will occasionally hit a random person for like 90% of their HP. This is required for Figaro's bait quest.

When you queue into the West Edge Shore instance and start it by talking to Wade, a bunch of eggs will spawn. A full party of 80's can destroy all the eggs at once, spawning all of the mobs at once, but weaker parties should only destroy a couple eggs at a time. AoE, destroy eggs, repeat. A naga lord boss will be spawned after three waves of trash, which is pretty tank and spank, no special abilities from the boss. This is required for Figaro's third quest in the chain, which I have yet to finish, so I don't details on the reward.

This instance is hard to catagorize because the drops are broad, but the one thing that always drops, and always drops in more quantity than anything else is reforge charms. This instance is also semi-decent for farming soul tokens for breaking nodes on your top-tier Vice/Virtue stat bonuses. Nodes like Nyos/Dyos barrier require soul tokens to break the barrier before uprading them with soul power. These nodes share names with the manuscripts traded for with soul tokens, and can be identified by text reading "unnaffected by soul power" on the node descriptions.

That's alot of typing for now. If I update this, it'll be explaining the old dailies and how they can benefit 80's.
Post edited by PEZ - Eyrda on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The servers are extended gutters and the gutters are full of nova packs and when the drains finally scab over, all the players will drown. The accumulated wealth of all their orb opening and +12 refining will foam up about their waists and all the noobs and elites will look up and shout "Thank you!"

... and I'll whisper "Rollback."

Comments

• Noriso - Eyrda
    Noriso - Eyrda Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    lol. You really had to have been bored to do this. But one point about the mantras...

They're not supposed to scale. Much like many things in this game, you get diminishing returns the higher you go. If you could enter DDT unlimited times daily, then the scaling ratio wouldn't make sense. But since you can enter DDT only 3 times a day, if you want the most rewards out of it daily, then you have to pay up.
  • PEZ - Eyrda
    PEZ - Eyrda Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I'm not asking for 1:1 scaling. Just not absoultely **** diminishing returns. You need 100 white mantras for a blue mantra, and the returns are like 50% at best. You can do it if you want. All I'm saying is you stand to gain the most profit by selling the blue mantra to other players. There isn't a high demand now, but when the time comes for everyone to break their 60 gate, the price will skyrocket, espcially if people fail the time portion of the quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The servers are extended gutters and the gutters are full of nova packs and when the drains finally scab over, all the players will drown. The accumulated wealth of all their orb opening and +12 refining will foam up about their waists and all the noobs and elites will look up and shout "Thank you!"

... and I'll whisper "Rollback."
  • bluebonic
    bluebonic Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I'm not asking for 1:1 scaling. Just not absoultely **** diminishing returns. You need 100 white mantras for a blue mantra, and the returns are like 50% at best. You can do it if you want. All I'm saying is you stand to gain the most profit by selling the blue mantra to other players. There isn't a high demand now, but when the time comes for everyone to break their 60 gate, the price will skyrocket, espcially if people fail the time portion of the quest.

the scale of the mantras would pay off if we had the system bot from the chinese version which automatically kills mobs, pots, teleports you back to spawn if you die, uses phoenix/dragon/bounty orders, and picks up items for you. but we don't, so it doesn't.
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    Aishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Nice guide, but I think the fact we can do 2 flying dailies a day is a bug atm (hope it's not fixed until I get lv7 flying lol) and I can confirm 220 achievements gives 3 purple and 5 blue mantras
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lochdanon
    lochdanon Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Great post PEZ "Celinae here". And yes you must have been incredible bored lmao
  • DesolateBlades - Storm Legion
    DesolateBlades - Storm Legion Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Nice guide, but I think the fact we can do 2 flying dailies a day is a bug atm (hope it's not fixed until I get lv7 flying lol) and I can confirm 220 achievements gives 3 purple and 5 blue mantras

220 achievement points...:eek: you amaze me..lol
  • cangeline
    cangeline Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    When will the level limit reach 100?
  • Arizll - Eyrda
    Arizll - Eyrda Posts: 1,551 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    cangeline wrote: »
    When will the level limit reach 100?

Runes are essentially level cap raise. Let's see what you get with a level cap raise : some stats, some new skills, and that is about it...Maybe more talent points.
    Well guess what? Runes gives the same thing, there are some stats available thru the virtue or vice page, new skill..not really, but we get some new utility added to existing stuff. Also added talent points thru runes. So then the question is, why do you want the level limit to raise?
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    Borsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Thing is, level cap raises are a bad idea -- level in general is, unless it's easy. It splits the community into level ranges, no one likes that. They added mentor stuff so you can do things with lowbies, but even that isn't really the same as actually running together.

How many times people wanted to play something but were put away because their friends are too high level and they can't play together until several freaking months passed?

Point is, levels split the community, the less time it takes for this split to be gone, the better. So, reaching level 75 or so should be relatively fast, with lv80 being cap. I hope it never gets raised tbh but more stuff added instead.
    220 achievement points...:eek: you amaze me..lol
    Pft I'm at 233 and he has more luck achievements than me but he's lazy :p