Territory wars, utter ****?

FreakyPrie - Nyos
FreakyPrie - Nyos Posts: 877 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
So, the second week of territory wars now. The problems Eyrda is having aside, what new stuff did this system actually give us? Imo nothing at all.

Lets have a look at the new system, what did we actually get? A coloured map. That's it.

Holding a map does nothing for now, except colour a piece of map in the colour of your god. The rewards are still exactly the same. You fight, you win/lose, you get weekly divinity. Based on this you get rewards. The same rewards as always. The slight difference is that the two gods with lower divinity get slightly less funds.

That's it. For 1d more as #1 you're supposed to work your **** off to be #1 of your god and your god being #1.

On the other hand this system greatly reduces the amount of fights. We got LESS fights than guilds now. Especially with lv4/5 guilds that can't outbid lv6 guilds this means they won't get ANY fights after they took their first map until someone gets close enough to attack them or the system is changed, unless they bid insane amount of funds they don't have before the lv6 guilds take all the spots.

Furthermore the whole make your god the strongest logic is flawed, because it was introduced far too late. Now multiple guilds with the same guild basically hate each other, try to sabotage each other whenever possible and in general don't give a damn about their god being #1. Especially with the rewards being utter ****.

Look at being #1 of a weaker god, that's 6d. Defending a territory of an "allied" guild so your god is #1, but you'd end up #2 would net you 5.5d. Why would you do that? Helping out a guild that you'd rather see eradicated off the map is already a hard choice, but if you don't even get ANY benefits from it, why would anyone ever consider it?

Last but not least, the holding of territories itself is absolutely pointless. Like I said, a slight difference in funds. Why would you go out of your way to get the best territories then? What incentive is there to boost your own good, instead of just picking on guilds you dislike? Apparently in the CN server you get advanced runes from participating in rift. I bet there is also rewards that would make it actually worthwhile to have the strongest god.

Now we just have an incomplete system, that replaced a system that worked just fine, and only added disadvantages. PWE stop implementing half finished ****! Why create a system to supposedly make guilds of the gods work together when it becomes even more profitable than before to **** over guilds with the same god as your own.

Please the remove the new and completely useless system and give us the old system back until you guys are actually finished with the other **** that's supposed to be part off it. That or give us the PWI style system, **** the gods, make it every guild on their own. The god system is insanely flawed and if we want to work together with a guild we got the alliance system anyway. Everyone is already competing with everyone anyway, so remove the last restrictions and just completely do away with the Gods!

Thanks for reading if anyone actually makes it this far.

TL;DR
Territory war system SUCKS.
Post edited by FreakyPrie - Nyos on

Comments

• Shinner - Lionheart
    Shinner - Lionheart Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I agree that the new system is useless and stupid specially the fact that if a guild wins territories 2 times in a row they get a penalty. I mean seriously a penalty for wining???
    see http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3488421&postcount=15 if your confused

Other than that and the silighty less funds there is nothing new to this except a more complicated crapy buged system that hurts more guilds than it helps.

The statues where also not all given the same equal footing the first few weeks. When capturing certain territories are what matters why not give all statues the same number of fights and all have at least one territory near a 60v60?
  • XPraks - Eyrda
    XPraks - Eyrda Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Don't worry, I'm sure they will add something exciting and awesome in 3-4 months time that will make the whole TW system worth it!:D

/sarcasm.
  • IaiStrike - Eyrda
    IaiStrike - Eyrda Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Add in the massive amount of orb lag you get, not to mention the fail new orb physics, where you fight on a ramp and orbs go flying into MID AIR WHERE NOBODY CAN GET THEM. Full of win right there.
  • Faust - Eyrda
    Faust - Eyrda Posts: 922 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    not too mention there are only like 3 guilds who are even able to bid on a battlefield.
    is FW trying to rid out the non csers?
    Trash will always be trash, no matter how well it dresses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zee - Lionheart
    Zee - Lionheart Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I dont understand what this new system gives ownin a teritory just to see my guild name means nothin if you will bankrupt us for it.

this is what i understood from this system loosin is better and thats what am plannin to do so my guild gets better rewards rather than fightin for it.

I wont bid 10D every week so i get bigger teritory i may loose later and even winning it wont pay back what i bid.

Kindly rework this new system we loosin the fighting battles and becomin more of strategy on bids that all.
  • FreakyPrie - Nyos
    FreakyPrie - Nyos Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I agree that the new system is useless and stupid specially the fact that if a guild wins territories 2 times in a row they get a penalty. I mean seriously a penalty for wining???
    see http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3488421&postcount=15 if your confused

Other than that and the silighty less funds there is nothing new to this except a more complicated crapy buged system that hurts more guilds than it helps.

The statues where also not all given the same equal footing the first few weeks. When capturing certain territories are what matters why not give all statues the same number of fights and all have at least one territory near a 60v60?

Not to mention the divinity gained by holding territories is almost insignificant. Attacking a 3* from another 3* and winning nets 2.4k divinity. Considering the 20% reduction that's 3k divinity. So 2k from attacking and winning a 3* territory and 1k for the holding off a 3* and the bonus off attacking from that 3*.

Hmm... already figuring out so many ways to exploit this system, will put it into practice next week.
  • Ginius - Illyfue
    Ginius - Illyfue Posts: 2,509 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Agreed with Freaky, I was hoping for at least a some additionnal rewards linked to the number of territory owned by the god.

And about the : get less rewards from defending than for attacking, I didn't know since we attacked a lvl3 (empty war) last week and a lvl1 (empty war) this week, so basically if we want to get max rewards, we just need to attack the other lvl1 territory and/or defend ours, no need to try to expand for anything..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby.
    Level 90 since august 2014

- Elemental Warrior 90
    - Ice Mage 90
    - Blood Raider 87
    - Divine Priest 85
    - Water Bard 83
    - Precision MM 80
    - Demon? I hope soon xD
  • Frost_Fang - Nyos
    Frost_Fang - Nyos Posts: 837 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Next time PWe shouldn't include a patch for this, but just let us download a .jpeg file and tell us where Microsoft Paint is. That way we can do the same thing we can do with this awesome territory-wars system... which is color a map.

Tnx pwe, none of us worked harder on getting some color on a tiny piece of a picture before.
    Member of "KoS_" cause unless you stand for something, you will fall for anything.