Anybody else mad at nightfall?

PEZ - Eyrda
PEZ - Eyrda Posts: 466 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
I'm usually optimistic about the updates to this game. I've been playing Nightfall since it came out, about as much as I can each day. I've tried liking it, but I just really hate it. Here's why.

The gear:
It's stupid easy to get great gear. In fact, it's just absolutely ****. ToK is a joke. It's easier than AS, it's faster than AS, and the gear is better than AS. The worst part about all of this is that it's basically the same level as AS gear, making AS a pointless instance. I worked so damn hard for champ gear, and the day Nightfall cameout, people had BLUE ToK set pieces with base stats as high as the Champ set, AND those stats can be further increased through reforging. In fact, many of the pieces dropped can come 25%-50% reforged already.

I couldn't believe it, so I looked around to see if the rumors of new champ set pieces were true, and yes they were, but the set pieces were only 1-5% better in base stats. You literally only gain like 5 to 10 stat points per piece. The set effect is hardly increased either. The accuracy bonus is the same, and the mastery bonus is only 5 more. Yes, you get 5 more mastery with the new champ set (in other words, .5% more damage than the old champ set). And to top it all off, all of these pieces require like 20% to 30% more void materials to purchase. How can you justify spending hundreds of gold for nothing more than a few more points to base stats and 5 more mastery? As far as I can tell, the only enticing benefit of this new champ set is the new design.

ToK gear is just as good, if not better (for prots it comes with 500+ attack, 30 acc, HP, crit dam, and crit bonus). And, believe it or not, the pieces are selling on the auction house for only a couple dozen gold, if that. Some pieces are under 10g. Nightfall just shat on all the work I put into getting the champ set. Not that I even finished getting it all, because nobody wants to do AS mode anymore, because it's such a waste of time compared to ToK, that I can't farm void mats or finish my weapon quest.

The instances:
Continuing with the champ set, I'll start by saying that the most challenging instance in the entire game got shat on. ToK gives champion reputation which can be converted into storm stones and stone crystals, making GoS a waste of time. Well, it's a waste of time regardless of the champ rep because blue ToK gear is better than the gear from the GoS portion of the Champ set. And I there's nothing to show for the effort people put into it. No titles and no achievements. FFS, ToK gives 8 achievements, which can be earned your first time through the instance.

Even the rewards from GoS got shat on. Sooky posted a thread about how the price of scrolls and parchments was silently increased with Nightfall, meaning the value of all storm stones and storm crystals earned before Nightfall were drastically reduced. It's like the devs didn't give one single **** about any of the work we did, or the work they did for AS and GoS, because those instances are ****ing pointless.

Two of the new Nightfall instances are a pain in the ****--Wades fishing hole and Defend Dusktown. You HAVE to manually que, which means you have to stand around and wait for everyone to arrive, which wouldn't be so bad if you wern't racing against the clock, because the NPCs dissapear after a certain time. Even that wouldn't be so bad if the times were officially posted somewhere so people could actually plan for those instances. So far, the entrance times seem random, so you have to constantly watch worldchat for the announcement, not only because of the random time, but also because of the random location. What in the **** were the devs thinking?

This is clearly the case for no reason other than purpose of discouraging players from entering these instances, so as to slow player progression down, giving the devs more time to develop more money-grabbing updates 3-4 months from now.

Ghostfang is OK. The reward is great, and the requirement is surprisingly easy. But it just get's unbelieveably old after a while. There's no tactics whatsoever. You just aoe the hell out a ton of mobs for 15 mintues. When the rune market is saturated with crappy level 3s, I could see not caring about this instance any more. I already don't care about GL. 5-6 gold worth of gemboxes just doesn't justify the boredom. At the end of the day, the game has to be fun, or the rewards are just meaningless.

Flying:
Here we had the chance for some really great minigames to break the boredom and fill some downtime between instances, but no, that would be too fun. Instead of tournament races, time-trials (you know, the ones where you fly through rings), or exploration incentives, we're left with two repetitive dailies whose rewards taper in a couple of weeks. Flying level 4 (maybe level 5 if my memory is wrong) requires 25 azure sky emblems. That's 2 weeks straight of both dailies for a small increase in movement speed. I get the fact that rewards scale with time, because it's an MMO. I get that. But at least make it fun. My complaint is that it's 2 straight weeks of god-awful-unimaginitive-under-utilised-flying-mechanic dailies.

And where are these flying worldbosses we heard about? I can only assume that Final or envy are farming them with 1 or two parties so as to keep them a secret. That's cool I guess, but I'd at least like to see them. I saw a picture of what was believed to be one on the CN version that looks like a giant **** version of the exo boss. Why make something so badass hard to find, instead of flaunting it?

Runes:
Need I say more? We all know that runes suck ****. 5 level two runes combined into a level 3 typically has the same energy value as a single level 2 rune, which happens to be random. And the class is random, unless you pay 20G. And the talent bonus is random. And the talent bonuses are ****. Yes, yes, yes, I understand that it's early on, but to me, that just sets a precedent for what remains. If the start of the rune system is horrible, the ending will be worse. As of now, if you combine runes for a level 3 and get something bad, it's no big deal, you're just out a dozen gold, if that. Imagine combining level 4 runes to get a level 5, only to find out that the rune you got was worse than any of the level 4s you had. And what if it's bound? You HAVE to use a runemaker charm so you aren't stuck with a rune for a class you can use. So that's 20g per charm out the window if you get a level 5 rune you don't want and can't sell.

After you finally get the runes you want, you get to unlock some pretty crappy bonuses. Protectors start with defense, attack and accuracy for their initial energy bonuses. Marble dyos prots will get 40 defense and a buff to the least used skill in the entire game by the time they reach 35 energy. By 70 energy, they can mitigate 1 attack every 30 seconds under certain circumstances. Woopty doo. The attack bonus is assigned to granites, the least used protector class. It's not much difference for Nyos, which is a slight relief for PvPers, because the only good tree is the red PvP diamond tree, which I'm sure has translations flaws and will prove to be not as good as it sounds. Even if it is, not everyone wants to be diamond. Considering aquiring SP and runes is solely PvE, this puts PvP builds at a disadvantage.

Soul Power Gates:
"Go do all those terrible instances that you never do anymore. Oh, by the way, you only have 4 hours to spam world chat for a party. Oh, by the way, I know I said 'quests already completed count', but I lied, so you're gonna have to go do OAC again. Have fun." **** THIS. How about some more world flute rewards from henry, seeing as how nobody queues anymore? On second thought, never mind, because people will use them to spam world chat even more often trying to sell their piece of **** level 3 runes.

By the way, this is just stuff affecting me. I feel bad for people who have even more problems, like midas being screwed, and not being able to do territory wars on top of all this ****.
Post edited by PEZ - Eyrda on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The servers are extended gutters and the gutters are full of nova packs and when the drains finally scab over, all the players will drown. The accumulated wealth of all their orb opening and +12 refining will foam up about their waists and all the noobs and elites will look up and shout "Thank you!"

... and I'll whisper "Rollback."

Comments

• vanloveyennhi
    vanloveyennhi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I got 120 champ pts from gos's weekly Q in 1 run (only 1 heroic mode, if got another one should be 10-15 more)
    ToK give 15 daily and 30 weekly, so it's 15x7+30=135
    So in the end, they are mostly the same, except u get everyone in 1 go in gos, while tok have to do every single day.
    Just sayin'
  • FreakyPrie - Nyos
    FreakyPrie - Nyos Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    There is no reason to farm champions rep anymore though. The champions weapon has same base atk as the ToK set weapon, which can be reforged and the final ToK boss seems to always drop 1 or 2 set weapons. Since normal blues can have higher base stats than set items usually a 77 blue (especially when dropped with nice reforge %) will be way better then the champions weapon. Armor same story.

The other rewards... exp books? Most people are 80 anyway. Amethyst crystals? Dirt cheap atm due to the insane amount of orbs.

The new set also drops at insane rates. Basically you're unlucky if you don't get 2 pieces a run. So do like 10 runs max and you got your set complete.

I got a load of **** myself as well, but will see the rest PEZ posts, his wording seems better than mine :p.
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    Borsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    The new set also drops at insane rates. Basically you're unlucky if you don't get 2 pieces a run. So do like 10 runs max and you got your set complete.
    Except there's 8 classes.

But really, I don't have that many issues with new gear. It's mostly the runes. Really pathetic how the runes' quality (in energy) is COMPLETELY RANDOM. Do these devs not know how to make things GUARANTEED???

You can make a lv5 rune and it ends up as freaking CHAOS rune with only 5 energy points, while someone lucky can get a lv3 rune with 6 energy if it's Charged.

Like wtf is this??

The talents aren't random enough already? We need the energy points to be random too??!

As it is, it is very much IMPOSSIBLE for someone with normal luck to get even more than 40 rune energy and that's not even half of the freaking max amount (which is 90).
  • tientiensuser
    tientiensuser Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Im quite happy they made the new set so easy to acquire. Gems are still going to be a grind. The runes and new talent tree as someone else mentioned are also going to be additional work.
  • XPraks - Eyrda
    XPraks - Eyrda Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Why is everyone acting like the only gear u can get from ToK the ToK set? You can get normal blue pieces too from there which in the long run are better for some classes/trees.

The rune system does suck and needs improvement, too random, You can end up with an awesome rune that will sell for 2D or u can end up with something that you cant possibly sell for more than 20g.

There are some decent new instances, as a mage i love both wade's fishing hole and dusk town but also ghost fang. AOE's became so more useful in the game^^.

Also, the Astral shine and territory wars added to the PvP side of the game which for me I believe is awesome.
  • creepyguy
    creepyguy Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Why is everyone acting like the only gear u can get from ToK the ToK set? You can get normal blue pieces too from there which in the long run are better for some classes/trees.

The rune system does suck and needs improvement, too random, You can end up with an awesome rune that will sell for 2D or u can end up with something that you cant possibly sell for more than 20g.

There are some decent new instances, as a mage i love both wade's fishing hole and dusk town but also ghost fang. AOE's became so more useful in the game^^.

Also, the Astral shine and territory wars added to the PvP side of the game which for me I believe is awesome.

He is also saying that AS is now redundant/obsolete. Very similar level-wise, ease of completion and weaker gear.

I am fairly annoyed since I was working to get the purple AS weapon and was quite close before the update. The update came and the blue weapons from ToK looks like it can be better and quicker to get.
  • ohaigaise
    ohaigaise Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    i have to agree, nightfall update is pretty lame tbh. the best thing about the patch is flying... and im usually all about stats and such blah blah.

But really, I don't have that many issues with new gear. It's mostly the runes. Really pathetic how the runes' quality (in energy) is COMPLETELY RANDOM. Do these devs not know how to make things GUARANTEED???

You can make a lv5 rune and it ends up as freaking CHAOS rune with only 5 energy points, while someone lucky can get a lv3 rune with 6 energy if it's Charged.

Like wtf is this??

The talents aren't random enough already? We need the energy points to be random too??!

As it is, it is very much IMPOSSIBLE for someone with normal luck to get even more than 40 rune energy and that's not even half of the freaking max amount (which is 90).
    I'm hoping that the 'advanced' runes give more points... and aren't **** to obtain. I also have to agree,i don't mind the new gear that much, but i do have a problem with the whole soul power system though. I played this game mostly because of the wrath system, and the quest based grind. they took the bot away, and didn't replace the method of gaining soul power with a daily quest or any such thing. maybe its just me, but now its daily quests + grind(even if its in a pt)? eh, this game is evolving from 'work to build your character' to more of a chore. my opinion ofc.

EDIT: since you edited in your flying comments... the next one after 25 is 50 sky emblems. lol?
  • Ykai - Eyrda
    Ykai - Eyrda Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I must say I'm grateful for Nightfall and the ToK set pieces that came with it.
    It shows PWE also cares about players who do not CS and who only play 3 to 4 hours a day.
  • FreakyPrie - Nyos
    FreakyPrie - Nyos Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited April 2012

Like wtf is this??

Well bosses tend to drop 2 set pieces a time, makes 12 pieces a run, so 2 for every person after a few runes. 10 runes = 20 pieces, you should be able to trade the last pieces you still need with some of your own extra's. And if not, other people had the drop like 30x already, so it's only 5g on AH. :D

Completely agree on the rune part.

@Praks
    Well considering the rewards in dusk/wade it's nice doing em a few times because they're new and fast, but after that there's no reason to do them. Why bother farming a green mantra to summon a boss that might drop a lv2 rune? Way better off farming ghost fang.

Same story for wade, a reforge charm and you might get a soul token as well. Great!

And territory war? Sorry, but I fail to notice a change. Sure, you can go to Leonidas and check a colored map. Epic! But in the end nothing changed, the fight system is the same, you're still just competing against guilds with the same god for highest divinity and only new thing is that you can see a broader range of defenders.

Then again, who would waste his main on fighting some random 1* match when their guild got their own 1* match to worry about? Until we actually get new rewards from rift (and not just slightly less funds if your god doesn't have the highest divinity) this system is a complete waste of time and in my eyes introduced FAR to early.

Edit:
    @ohai
    Apparently advanced runes are a reward from rift on the CN server. So yeah, in some future update when they decide to give us the rest of the system that comes with TW we might see advanced runes. :rolleyes:
  • Candeh - Nyos
    Candeh - Nyos Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I agree with the rune issue ,hate it how random the energy is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ghundam - Eyrda
    Ghundam - Eyrda Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    That rune system hurts me alot. The one skill that I was greatly looking forward to finally being useable requires 90 dyos points ala extreme sniping.
  • Tatiiana - Eyrda
    Tatiiana - Eyrda Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Honestly in regards to the ToK set, I don't find it any better than the GoS set, and whilst the base stats may seem similar what about refine? Sides ToK is by far not "easy" lol am loving the little challenges each boss delivers making it more than just a simple instance.

On the topic of Wades and Dusk town, they appear systematically and same time daily to my experience, its not hard to grab some guildies and just go once it opens. Forming the team takes around 1-2mins getting there another 1-2 mins, the instance opens for 20mins 4mins down u still have 16mins and my parties never had trouble for each member to do their own Mantra orders. Just be prepared, if they open it 24/7 then it'll just ruin the fun.

I'm loving the new patch and to my experience, its given me more things to do with my time online rather than farm one instance.

@Flying quest, to be of a higher flying level is a privilege not a necessity, hence making it a little bit harder to level it up really shouldnt hinder your gaming experience at all, onto the flying bosses why not search them yourself or google search or ask friends where it is, and no Envy nor Final is killing it with 1 or 2 parties, unless they wish to be wiped within the first 2mins. Only one guild I know is killing them and doing well at it and you should know who. ;)
    CzarinaRose

warriors are op ;3

facebook.com/fayebby.pwe
  • ohaigaise
    ohaigaise Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Honestly in regards to the ToK set, I don't find it any better than the GoS set, and whilst the base stats may seem similar what about refine?
    What? refines are based off % of the base stats.
    Sides ToK is by far not "easy" lol am loving the little challenges each boss delivers making it more than just a simple instance.... :/

On the topic of Wades and Dusk town, they appear systematically and same time daily to my experience, its not hard to grab some guildies and just go once it opens. Forming the team takes around 1-2mins getting there another 1-2 mins, the instance opens for 20mins 4mins down u still have 16mins and my parties never had trouble for each member to do their own Mantra orders. Just be prepared, if they open it 24/7 then it'll just ruin the fun.
    hes probably talking about getting into the instance twice in that 20 minutes to get it done faster. doing it once per spawn 3x a day is a huge waste of time.
    I'm loving the new patch and to my experience, its given me more things to do with my time online rather than farm one instance.

@Flying quest, to be of a higher flying level is a privilege not a necessity, hence making it a little bit harder to level it up really shouldnt hinder your gaming experience at all, onto the flying bosses why not search them yourself or google search or ask friends where it is, and no Envy nor Final is killing it with 1 or 2 parties, unless they wish to be wiped within the first 2mins. Only one guild I know is killing them and doing well at it and you should know who. ;)
    in red
  • PEZ - Eyrda
    edited April 2012
    Honestly in regards to the ToK set, I don't find it any better than the GoS set, and whilst the base stats may seem similar what about refine?

Do you even know what the weapon from the AS set looks like? You wouldn't be saying that if you knew what the stats looked like. My AS weapon took 30 storms stones (which was actually hard before Nightfall), a void blade (not hard at all, but still something that the ToK peice doesn't require), and you have to kill 500 ****ing vines. The ToK piece is so common, that--as you can see in the picture--there's almost a dozen in the AH, most for around 25 gold. Same stats, bettter set bonus. And they refine the same, since the refine bonus is based on the stats, not the quality.

2a7s7t4.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The servers are extended gutters and the gutters are full of nova packs and when the drains finally scab over, all the players will drown. The accumulated wealth of all their orb opening and +12 refining will foam up about their waists and all the noobs and elites will look up and shout "Thank you!"

• Faust - Eyrda
    Faust - Eyrda Posts: 922 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I'm usually optimistic about the updates to this game. I've been playing Nightfall since it came out, about as much as I can each day. I've tried liking it, but I just really hate it. Here's why.

The gear:
    It's stupid easy to get great gear. In fact, it's just absolutely ****. ToK is a joke. It's easier than AS, it's faster than AS, and the gear is better than AS. The worst part about all of this is that it's basically the same level as AS gear, making AS a pointless instance. I worked so damn hard for champ gear, and the day Nightfall cameout, people had BLUE ToK set pieces with base stats as high as the Champ set, AND those stats can be further increased through reforging. In fact, many of the pieces dropped can come 25%-50% reforged already.

I couldn't believe it, so I looked around to see if the rumors of new champ set pieces were true, and yes they were, but the set pieces were only 1-5% better in base stats. You literally only gain like 5 to 10 stat points per piece. The set effect is hardly increased either. The accuracy bonus is the same, and the mastery bonus is only 5 more. Yes, you get 5 more mastery with the new champ set (in other words, .5% more damage than the old champ set). And to top it all off, all of these pieces require like 20% to 30% more void materials to purchase. How can you justify spending hundreds of gold for nothing more than a few more points to base stats and 5 more mastery? As far as I can tell, the only enticing benefit of this new champ set is the new design.

ToK gear is just as good, if not better (for prots it comes with 500+ attack, 30 acc, HP, crit dam, and crit bonus). And, believe it or not, the pieces are selling on the auction house for only a couple dozen gold, if that. Some pieces are under 10g. Nightfall just shat on all the work I put into getting the champ set. Not that I even finished getting it all, because nobody wants to do AS mode anymore, because it's such a waste of time compared to ToK, that I can't farm void mats or finish my weapon quest.

The instances:
    Continuing with the champ set, I'll start by saying that the most challenging instance in the entire game got shat on. ToK gives champion reputation which can be converted into storm stones and stone crystals, making GoS a waste of time. Well, it's a waste of time regardless of the champ rep because blue ToK gear is better than the gear from the GoS portion of the Champ set. And I there's nothing to show for the effort people put into it. No titles and no achievements. FFS, ToK gives 8 achievements, which can be earned your first time through the instance.

Even the rewards from GoS got shat on. Sooky posted a thread about how the price of scrolls and parchments was silently increased with Nightfall, meaning the value of all storm stones and storm crystals earned before Nightfall were drastically reduced. It's like the devs didn't give one single **** about any of the work we did, or the work they did for AS and GoS, because those instances are ****ing pointless.

Two of the new Nightfall instances are a pain in the ****--Wades fishing hole and Defend Dusktown. You HAVE to manually que, which means you have to stand around and wait for everyone to arrive, which wouldn't be so bad if you wern't racing against the clock, because the NPCs dissapear after a certain time. Even that wouldn't be so bad if the times were officially posted somewhere so people could actually plan for those instances. So far, the entrance times seem random, so you have to constantly watch worldchat for the announcement, not only because of the random time, but also because of the random location. What in the **** were the devs thinking?

This is clearly the case for no reason other than purpose of discouraging players from entering these instances, so as to slow player progression down, giving the devs more time to develop more money-grabbing updates 3-4 months from now.

Ghostfang is OK. The reward is great, and the requirement is surprisingly easy. But it just get's unbelieveably old after a while. There's no tactics whatsoever. You just aoe the hell out a ton of mobs for 15 mintues. When the rune market is saturated with crappy level 3s, I could see not caring about this instance any more. I already don't care about GL. 5-6 gold worth of gemboxes just doesn't justify the boredom. At the end of the day, the game has to be fun, or the rewards are just meaningless.

Flying:
    Here we had the chance for some really great minigames to break the boredom and fill some downtime between instances, but no, that would be too fun. Instead of tournament races, time-trials (you know, the ones where you fly through rings), or exploration incentives, we're left with two repetitive dailies whose rewards taper in a couple of weeks. Flying level 4 (maybe level 5 if my memory is wrong) requires 25 azure sky emblems. That's 2 weeks straight of both dailies for a small increase in movement speed. I get the fact that rewards scale with time, because it's an MMO. I get that. But at least make it fun. My complaint is that it's 2 straight weeks of god-awful-unimaginitive-under-utilised-flying-mechanic dailies.

And where are these flying worldbosses we heard about? I can only assume that Final or envy are farming them with 1 or two parties so as to keep them a secret. That's cool I guess, but I'd at least like to see them. I saw a picture of what was believed to be one on the CN version that looks like a giant **** version of the exo boss. Why make something so badass hard to find, instead of flaunting it?

Runes:
    Need I say more? We all know that runes suck ****. 5 level two runes combined into a level 3 typically has the same energy value as a single level 2 rune, which happens to be random. And the class is random, unless you pay 20G. And the talent bonus is random. And the talent bonuses are ****. Yes, yes, yes, I understand that it's early on, but to me, that just sets a precedent for what remains. If the start of the rune system is horrible, the ending will be worse. As of now, if you combine runes for a level 3 and get something bad, it's no big deal, you're just out a dozen gold, if that. Imagine combining level 4 runes to get a level 5, only to find out that the rune you got was worse than any of the level 4s you had. And what if it's bound? You HAVE to use a runemaker charm so you aren't stuck with a rune for a class you can use. So that's 20g per charm out the window if you get a level 5 rune you don't want and can't sell.

After you finally get the runes you want, you get to unlock some pretty crappy bonuses. Protectors start with defense, attack and accuracy for their initial energy bonuses. Marble dyos prots will get 40 defense and a buff to the least used skill in the entire game by the time they reach 35 energy. By 70 energy, they can mitigate 1 attack every 30 seconds under certain circumstances. Woopty doo. The attack bonus is assigned to granites, the least used protector class. It's not much difference for Nyos, which is a slight relief for PvPers, because the only good tree is the red PvP diamond tree, which I'm sure has translations flaws and will prove to be not as good as it sounds. Even if it is, not everyone wants to be diamond. Considering aquiring SP and runes is solely PvE, this puts PvP builds at a disadvantage.

Soul Power Gates:
    "Go do all those terrible instances that you never do anymore. Oh, by the way, you only have 4 hours to spam world chat for a party. Oh, by the way, I know I said 'quests already completed count', but I lied, so you're gonna have to go do OAC again. Have fun." **** THIS. How about some more world flute rewards from henry, seeing as how nobody queues anymore? On second thought, never mind, because people will use them to spam world chat even more often trying to sell their piece of **** level 3 runes.

By the way, this is just stuff affecting me. I feel bad for people who have even more problems, like midas being screwed, and not being able to do territory wars on top of all this ****.

upset with the game? yep. upset enough to type a post this long? nope.
    Trash will always be trash, no matter how well it dresses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PEZ - Eyrda
    edited April 2012
    upset with the game? yep. upset enough to type a post this long? nope.

Thank you for quoting the ENTIRE post. I'll just lump you into the group of people who expect change to happen without voicing their opinion. Allow me you be your voice. It sounds like wet thunder on a yak bak, in the sexiest way possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Borsook - Eyrda
    Borsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Imagine combining level 4 runes to get a level 5, only to find out that the rune you got was worse than any of the level 4s you had. And what if it's bound? You HAVE to use a runemaker charm so you aren't stuck with a rune for a class you can use. So that's 20g per charm out the window if you get a level 5 rune you don't want and can't sell.
    It's actually worse than that. While combining lv2 runes into lv3 requires 1 charm, making a lv4 requires 3 charms. No clue about lv5 but I suspect either 5 or 10 charms per attempt.
  • Ginius - Illyfue
    Ginius - Illyfue Posts: 2,509 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Do you even know what the weapon from the AS set looks like? You wouldn't be saying that if you knew what the stats looked like. My AS weapon took 30 storms stones (which was actually hard before Nightfall), a void blade (not hard at all, but still something that the ToK peice doesn't require), and you have to kill 500 ****ing vines. The ToK piece is so common, that--as you can see in the picture--there's almost a dozen in the AH, most for around 25 gold. Same stats, bettter set bonus. And they refine the same, since the refine bonus is based on the stats, not the quality.

2a7s7t4.jpg

Actually I had worked hard to be like one of the very first one on my server to get the AS purple weap, and I worked hard to get the shoulders and helmet of the very same set to get the mastery bonus. (+30)
    Those 3 pieces were +12/+10/+11 because I thought that they would last a while, their bonuses were way better than any other blue set or not.

However as soon as I saw the ToK set base stats and bonuses, and the fact that within 3 days of farming I had all set already, I transfered everything without any hesitation.
    Base stats are very close, but set bonuses are way better, and they can be reforge.

Now I see everyone running with the same set as mine whereas before I felt pretty unique because not a lot of ppl would work hard to get the purple set, but now with this easy ToK and high drop rate, pretty much everyone will be running with those.

I guess it's bad for players willing to work hard for that but it's good for casual players willing to get a very good set without too much effort. :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby.
    Level 90 since august 2014

- Elemental Warrior 90
    - Ice Mage 90
    - Blood Raider 87
    - Divine Priest 85
    - Water Bard 83
    - Precision MM 80
    - Demon? I hope soon xD
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    Aishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Is this your first MMO? When major update comes (usually with level cap raise) there's always new gear that makes the old one obsolete. With reforge thing they made it like it's a new cap (since only new gear comes with reforge ability) while not increasing the cap itself, very clever must I say...

Although you have a point, in that ToK gear has same level range as AS, making AS completely useless now even for new ppl who just reach it. ToK should be a lv80 instance and gear requirement level 80, imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ginius - Illyfue
    edited April 2012
    Is this your first MMO? When major update comes (usually with level cap raise) there's always new gear that makes the old one obsolete. With reforge thing they made it like it's a new cap (since only new gear comes with reforge ability) while not increasing the cap itself, very clever must I say...

Although you have a point, in that ToK gear has same level range as AS, making AS completely useless now even for new ppl who just reach it. ToK should be a lv80 instance and gear requirement level 80, imo.

Well yes and no.
    For example the lvl 70 purple arena set was still better (or at least on par) with any lvl 75 blue set, and we might have expected the same between champion 75 set and blue 77 set, however there is no doubt that the ToK set is way better in every aspect (at least for warriors, I dunno for the others).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby.

- Elemental Warrior 90
    - Ice Mage 90
    - Blood Raider 87
    - Divine Priest 85
    - Water Bard 83
    - Precision MM 80
    - Demon? I hope soon xD
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    edited April 2012
    Because arena is always on par with the next tier of items, at least on HP base (since others suck), look at BLUE arena boots, they have more HP base than most level 75 blues.

And sorry I was talking to PEZ mostly but his post way too long to quote :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ginius - Illyfue
    edited April 2012
    Because arena is always on par with the next tier of items, at least on HP base (since others suck), look at BLUE arena boots, they have more HP base than most level 75 blues.

And sorry I was talking to PEZ mostly but his post way too long to quote :p

Well I agree that before update it's been the case, but if you check blue arena stats for example, which used to have higher stats than the very same lvl set gears (as you said), the stats are now worse than the set.

For example until update I was still wearing the blue arena boots due to their high hp/cheap price, but now the lvl 77 blue arena boots get around the same hp as the ToK boots..
    (used to have a 1k difference and now it's less than 200)

Lots of things changed with this new update and logic we used to use too :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby.

- Elemental Warrior 90
    - Ice Mage 90
    - Blood Raider 87
    - Divine Priest 85
    - Water Bard 83
    - Precision MM 80
    - Demon? I hope soon xD
  • PEZ - Eyrda
    edited April 2012

That's exactly my point. They didn't introduce level 80 gear and make the 75 champ set obsolete. They introduced BLUE level 77 gear and made purple level (75-77) gear obsolete. How the hell does that even make sense? It's not like I'm mad that I have to upgrade my gear to a higher tier, because there is no next tier. The champ set is my level 80 gear. It took damn long to get it. And then Nightfall decided that ToK was the new AS/GoS and made it so level 75s could--not only access it--but beat it (it's a stupid easy instance). All nightfall did was make it **** easy to get where I am at right now, gearwise. Why did I bother doing AS/GoS in the first place?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Candeh - Nyos
    edited April 2012
    Double post by mistake T_T
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Candeh - Nyos
    edited April 2012
    Reforge charms thingy are only usable for the new 77 pieces? If so..why?-_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    edited April 2012
    Oh and I forgot to comment about Wades and Dusk Town. They're not as rare and random as you made it sound.

Wade first of all appears on U (Fishin' Hole), and stays up for 1:30 hours every spawn, how is that limited? The only thing you gotta watch out is world chats during the time he's up, because his position is random. The position also indicates what kind of instance you get out of the 3 ones: treant one, spider one, naga one.

Dusk spawns every single hour, at a random time between :00 and :40, and stays up for 20 min. The NPCs are also random scattered across both new maps, but there's way more than 1 of them. And btw they're different spawns on different realms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Unbrokenable - Lionheart
    Unbrokenable - Lionheart Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Most BS parts of the patch in my opinion:

1. The soul power gate quests. The 4 hour timer is stupid considering a lot of the quests they tell you to do are themselves time-limited... i.e. LCS. I'd have to schedule my day around breaking the gate.

2. Bound runes. I don't really care much about the rune skills/energy at the moment, I feel like the market will be saturated sooner or later. But the fact that it's possible to get a completely worthless bound rune is pretty dumb. And it may be okay for Lv3s but past that it'll become ridiculous pretty fast.

3. The rune tree passives suck. I speak this from the protector perspective, but most of them are stupid for the amount of effort you'd have to put into getting them. I've got a crit damage bonus that tops out at around 16% with 90 rune energy. Awesome. Block damage from 1 attack every 30s...but only if you take 10 hits, can scale down to 8 hits. Amazing. Not to mention the devs apparently don't give enough of a **** about protectors to actually make the 70-energy passives for nyos/dyos the slightest bit different for diamond/marble.

4. Holy mother of game data errors. I can't even do arena now. Why am I playing.
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    edited April 2012
    I love the soul power gates they add a bit of challenge to the game but maybe they should be extended to 12h instead of 4.

Also why do people complain so much about rune energy? Yes I agree it sucks and much weaker than I anticipated, but that's not really a bad thing. You consider it not worth it to max it at 90, why rush it then? I'll never get why ppl rush so much now with runes and QQ, maybe 90 is supposed to take a lot of grind, like getting level 3 wings? I'm not gonna bother much with runes just getting them slowly along the way working my way to the top, after all they still boost some stats on my char, even if slightly small.

Do you guys also rush for level 100 mastery and QQ how much it costs for the low bonus you get? really...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • creepyguy
    creepyguy Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I love the soul power gates they add a bit of challenge to the game but maybe they should be extended to 12h instead of 4.

Also why do people complain so much about rune energy? Yes I agree it sucks and much weaker than I anticipated, but that's not really a bad thing. You consider it not worth it to max it at 90, why rush it then? I'll never get why ppl rush so much now with runes and QQ, maybe 90 is supposed to take a lot of grind, like getting level 3 wings? I'm not gonna bother much with runes just getting them slowly along the way working my way to the top, after all they still boost some stats on my char, even if slightly small.

Do you guys also rush for level 100 mastery and QQ how much it costs for the low bonus you get? really...

Well getting 100 mastery just takes hard work and time, so it is feasible for everyone. Rune energy however has a luck factor in it.
  • PEZ - Eyrda
    edited April 2012

Because there is nothing else to do that's even remotely interesting. I have a life, and I don't feel like wasting it on grinding non-stop. I understand that it's an MMO, and you have to grind a bit, but there is always a hierarchy. Level 1 wings is for casual players, and is easy to get. Level 2 wings is for dedicated players. Level 3 wings is for hard core players. Level 30 mastery is for casual players, level 60 is for dedicated players, and level 80 is for hard core players. Each type of player has something to gain out of the old system.

This is not the case for the rune system. It seems like casual and dedicated players will never get the level 35 energy bonus. Hardcore players may not even get the 70 energy bonus, much less max it. Instead of offering tiered rewards for varying amounts of work that players are willing to put into their character, the rune system sets a high bar for everyone that just says, "**** you, no rewards unless you have no life or crazy luck." That's like saying level 3 wings, or no wings at all.

The funny thing is I don't even want to max my rune trees. Most of the 35 and 70 bonuses are just bad. All I want is the 35 red bonus. If that's all I ever get out of the rune system, I would be happy, but it looks like I'll never even get that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]