Bai FW!

Aesica - Storm Legion
Aesica - Storm Legion Posts: 501 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Off-Topic Discussion
Someone recently was surprised that my character is so high-level, considering how much about this game seems to grate on my nerves. It got me thinking...why exactly do I stick around on this game? It's a question I honestly couldn't answer, considering...

- The pvp is horribly broken and unappealing. (I love pvp in other games)
- The group pve in this game is unbalanced and primitive.
- The controls are poorly done and make me want to punch a baby.
- The quests are aren't interesting at all.
- You're encouraged to do the same daily **** at 20 (and 40) all the way through 70+.
- Too many gimmicky "alternate currency" systems to feel meaningful (tokens for this, that, etc)
- New stuff keeps piling up while old stuff remains horrible and broken.
- Being headquartered in another country entirely means our suggestions are utterly meaningless.
- Too much pay-to-win.

So yeah, there's really no reason for me to stick here. Plus, there are other, better F2Ps out there. Star Trek Online (also by PWE) is one of them, so if anyone cares, you can find me there under [charactername]@aesica.

1) "Can I have your stuff?" No, **** off. I'm destroying everything because I loathe people like you.

2) "K bye." I'll either miss you or will likely forget your name and that you even exist within 48 hours, depending on your level of sincerity.

3) "What about the talent calculator on aesica.net?" A valid question. Sometime over the next few days, I'll zip it all up into a nice, portable package for anyone who wants to update and maintain it on their own webspace. There's not much point though, because I don't have any plans to take the one on aesica.net down anytime soon; it wouldn't be fair to those who use it and have saved builds, post builds from it, etc. It doesn't cost me anything to continue hosting, either. On top of that, the PWE version works, despite its design and logic flaws. It shouldn't be a concern really.

- - -

So yeah, that's it. Later guise!
Post edited by Aesica - Storm Legion on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Unofficial Forsaken World Talent Calculator:
http://www.aesica.net/fw

Comments

• Aishleen - Eyrda
    Aishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Noooooo!

I'll miss you :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MartiinKungen - Illyfue
    MartiinKungen - Illyfue Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I quit sometime september-october last year. I guess I got bored too, but I'm not very good at going into detail and finding all the flaws. I just got bored. I obviously never got very high level, I got to like 30 max. But I had experienced enough I guess.

But somehow I still grew fond of this game, which I guess is why I'm still around. But I think I've decided to not return, even if a part of me wants to (mostly cuz of the community).

Anyway, we still have Lineage 3 to look forward to, assuming you liked L2 ^^
  • Mael - Storm Legion
    Mael - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Im thinking of leaving soon, but probably only for a bit.
    Since when is Tuesday a direction?
  • Okiemuteb - Eyrda
    Okiemuteb - Eyrda Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    why is star trek better than fw? i'm just asking because i need to find a new game too been trying out other games. but most of them haven't beared me any fruit :/
  • Aesica - Storm Legion
    edited April 2012
    why is star trek better than fw? i'm just asking because i need to find a new game too been trying out other games. but most of them haven't beared me any fruit :/
    Because it's completely different. Rather than trying to be a poor ripoff of wow, sto goes around the mmo giants entirely by being a completely different gaming experience. The quests (missions) are actually interesting enough to read, too. I guess being a star trek fan helps, too.

And best of all, the cash shop is pretty much just bells and whistles, such as:

- Extra character slots
    - Extra bag/bank/costume/ship/etc space
    - Special character races
    - Various vanity frills, pets, and such

About the only thing I dislike is the fact that respec tokens are cash shop only.

Just be aware that the UI takes some getting used to, but luckily, it's pretty customizable once you dig into the options and settings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mael - Storm Legion
    Mael - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Because it's completely different. Rather than trying to be a poor ripoff of wow, sto goes around the mmo giants entirely by being a completely different gaming experience. The quests (missions) are actually interesting enough to read, too. I guess being a star trek fan helps, too.

And best of all, the cash shop is pretty much just bells and whistles, such as:

- Extra character slots
    - Extra bag/bank/costume/ship/etc space
    - Special character races
    - Various vanity frills, pets, and such

About the only thing I dislike is the fact that respec tokens are cash shop only.

Just be aware that the UI takes some getting used to, but luckily, it's pretty customizable once you dig into the options and settings.

Is Champions and other PWE released but not developed (i.e. RaiderZ, Blacklight, and Rusty Hearts) on the list?
    Since when is Tuesday a direction?
  • ixthua
    ixthua Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I would like to see a better mmo than fw. What i miss here is a bit more fantasy part, like gloomy forest locations or great tree spirit locations. Epic part is missing too, since you cant find a rare boss in a deep forest, that drop a rare pet soul that noone else have (mage guard pet is still same pet, no extra abilities). And as you level - you just become more powerful, again nothing extra.
    But still i cant tell a better mmo, and i doubt there will be something better any soon.
    I got tired because of lack of updates and tried other mmo, claimed to be the most successful mmo in history, but soon discovered it to be a boring game where you reach max level in two weeks and have nothing to do but to level alts.
    So, as i said, i wish there was a better mmo.
    About talent calc, i am interested in both using and developing it, but i dont have hosting space. So i hope it will be something like an open source project, so somebody could host it, and many could help in development.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tryst41
    tryst41 Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    ixthua wrote: »
    I would like to see a better mmo than fw. What i miss here is a bit more fantasy part, like gloomy forest locations or great tree spirit locations. Epic part is missing too, since you cant find a rare boss in a deep forest, that drop a rare pet soul that noone else have (mage guard pet is still same pet, no extra abilities). And as you level - you just become more powerful, again nothing extra.
    But still i cant tell a better mmo, and i doubt there will be something better any soon.
    I got tired because of lack of updates and tried other mmo, claimed to be the most successful mmo in history, but soon discovered it to be a boring game where you reach max level in two weeks and have nothing to do but to level alts.
    So, as i said, i wish there was a better mmo.
    About talent calc, i am interested in both using and developing it, but i dont have hosting space. So i hope it will be something like an open source project, so somebody could host it, and many could help in development.

What bugs me most is instances for this and instances for that. When you do finally get into an instance since you're not geared for it so nobody wants you, the drop is not even for your class. If you do eventually get a drop you want, some other %^&%^& rolls for it and gets it when they don't even need it. I want to see some decent gear that we can work for ourselves as a solo effort so at least we have a chance at getting into an instance with a group in the first place.

I have levelled from 65 to 77 entirely in the AT grounds. This is simply because I am sick of being told I'm not geared well enough for a particular instance or they don't want me because my gear isn't good enough or gems are wrong to support their group.
  • Goomz - Eyrda
    Goomz - Eyrda Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I care enough about you to say in this thread that I don't really care at all if you leave this game :D
  • Aesica - Storm Legion
    edited April 2012
    Is Champions and other PWE released but not developed (i.e. RaiderZ, Blacklight, and Rusty Hearts) on the list?
    That's actually worth looking into, since STO also falls under that category. (PWE released, developed by another company) I haven't looked at those games to know for sure, but a quick glance at their cash shops should give you a general idea when compared to cash shops for this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Trogotha - Storm Legion
    Trogotha - Storm Legion Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    That's actually worth looking into, since STO also falls under that category. (PWE released, developed by another company) I haven't looked at those games to know for sure, but a quick glance at their cash shops should give you a general idea when compared to cash shops for this game.

STO and CO were both originally developed by Cryptic Studios who also worked on Neverwinter Nights iirc. The original publisher was Atari who sold both of those properties to PWE for a large sum of cash since Atari was attempting to right their corporate version of the Titanic. Cryptic is still in theory actively developing CO, but appears to be focusing more on STO at the moment due to STO's recent switch to F2P format.

The only thing PWE has done with CO besides agree to pay bills is to introduce a CO version of the lottery orbs and generally fubar a large portion of the game economy more than it already was. I know this only because I've been a long time player of CO and eventually quit due to new content being added only after a randomly selected elder being has been properly appeased with enough red headed, left handed, green eyed virgins with a butterfly tramp stamp on the 42nd day of the year at exactly 12:53:49pm PDT and if you miss it, then you have to wait for the stars to realign in a decade or so.

Sorry to be pedantic, but I had such high hopes given the job done by Atari only to find out that it was a case of "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss." for CO and most likely STO which until recently was only P2P. Both games were originally P2P but both turned to F2P due to low subscription numbers and seeing how well microtransactions like those designed into PWE games works.

Anywho, apologies for the rant. Best of luck in your endeavors and just a quick thank you for making a working talent calculator that doesn't go Sofa King We Todd Ed when I attempt to scroll my browser to read a tool tip for a talent.
    Dear PWE Staff: I can haz avatar nao plox? :D
    For SCIENCE (and the LULZ)!
  • ixthua
    ixthua Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    tryst41 wrote: »
    What bugs me most is instances for this and instances for that. When you do finally get into an instance since you're not geared for it so nobody wants you, the drop is not even for your class. If you do eventually get a drop you want, some other %^&%^& rolls for it and gets it when they don't even need it. I want to see some decent gear that we can work for ourselves as a solo effort so at least we have a chance at getting into an instance with a group in the first place.

I have levelled from 65 to 77 entirely in the AT grounds. This is simply because I am sick of being told I'm not geared well enough for a particular instance or they don't want me because my gear isn't good enough or gems are wrong to support their group.

I am lv80 and dont do gear instances at all, since its just a waste of time for me (2h long instance with a 33% chance to get something worth 5g). Instead i do a lot of event instances, where 12k hp suits fine, and have a lot of fun and gold with it. And then i go to AH to buy very fine stout high base gear for 1-5g a piece, and refine-transfer with star crystals from fishing and bound star fragments from shylia market. I wont match performance of people with lv3 wings and max mastery, but neither i need it. Last time i did Ghostfang castle in 8.5 min with a friend and thats fine for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Uh oh, just today I remember that I actually played this crappy game but for like one month or so after release and I was even in top100 loll. Had to quit for the same reasons as OP stated but the main kicker was that pvp/pve servers switch, when pwe trolled us and I quit.
    ixthua wrote: »
    I would like to see a better mmo than fw
    Plenty of them. If you want fantasy type, I've been playing L2/Aion for years, now that both are f2p, you are free to try them. At least aion (na version) is more of this type and easier, plus is ten times better than fw in every aspect, from game engine, quests, rewards, dungeons, pvp...
  • Brim_McRoy - Eyrda
    Brim_McRoy - Eyrda Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    if you want to leave... dont post just freaking leave :rolleyes:
    FWs only Acolyte of Khorne --> warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Khorne
    Loki and Crabclaw: The Lost Gods of FW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kenlee
    edited April 2012
    yea, dont post the reason for leaving, dont shatter the little world of self-deception for those who still play
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    Aishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Stopped taking your opinion seriously when you called L2 better than FW... never played Aion though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kenlee
    edited April 2012
    how it is not better? better engine, much better graphics, much better game design and mechanics. in fw, the pvp is one big joke, game engine is horrid and everything else the op mentioned before... and its a big p2w but that i can go over it since i can buy things myself. people only disliked l2 because of the pvp or more accurate to say that there is a lot of pvp or it was. thats a grinding game too or it was, now its much easier with the new updates. i can understand, some players liked to play easier games in terms of skills or game design, f2p if possible (because some are poor) so they pick up these 2nd hand old games made by pwchina where the company care only about milking players. oh and if l2 is decent, aion is also even better, from engine, graphics to quest, dungeons... more suited or close to fw/jd type of players. actually when fw came out, people noticed how much of a copy of aion/wow it is but since the game its easier and not much content, its like a tiny part of what aion has. not a fanboi, played quite many mmos, from wow to my last one (aion), including f2p like pw/fw for quite some time. just stating the fact that you cant see how horrid are these games and the company, until you get out of this for a while
  • Brim_McRoy - Eyrda
    Brim_McRoy - Eyrda Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    kenlee wrote: »
    how it is not better? better engine, much better graphics, much better game design and mechanics. in fw, the pvp is one big joke, game engine is horrid and everything else the op mentioned before... and its a big p2w but that i can go over it since i can buy things myself. people only disliked l2 because of the pvp or more accurate to say that there is a lot of pvp or it was. thats a grinding game too or it was, now its much easier with the new updates. i can understand, some players liked to play easier games in terms of skills or game design, f2p if possible (because some are poor) so they pick up these 2nd hand old games made by pwchina where the company care only about milking players. oh and if l2 is decent, aion is also even better, from engine, graphics to quest, dungeons... more suited or close to fw/jd type of players. actually when fw came out, people noticed how much of a copy of aion/wow it is but since the game its easier and not much content, its like a tiny part of what aion has. not a fanboi, played quite many mmos, from wow to my last one (aion), including f2p like pw/fw for quite some time. just stating the fact that you cant see how horrid are these games and the company, until you get out of this for a while

if you like it so much GTFO of FW an go back to L2 because we dont care Mr. Wall-O-Text
    FWs only Acolyte of Khorne --> warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Khorne
    Loki and Crabclaw: The Lost Gods of FW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Varrdok - Eyrda
    Varrdok - Eyrda Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    if you like it so much GTFO of FW an go back to L2 because we dont care Mr. Wall-O-Text

\m\ >.)) /m/ you just got served!!!

say it like it is MrRoy!!
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    Borsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    kenlee wrote: »
    how it is not better? better engine, much better graphics, much better game design and mechanics.
    You're joking right? Especially first 2 parts.
  • Varrdok - Eyrda
    edited April 2012
    You're joking right? Especially first 2 parts.

trust me i have play alot of mmorpgs

and the best engine soo far is this one

Simple and Not exagerted like PWI or any other game

you need a party for a dungen? \o\ AutoParty system

/o/ your not in the same realm? \o\ AutoRelm System

\o\ you need Gold? /o/ Carnival and other quest

/o/ you want your own base? \o\ you get your base

few games manage the Base system \o\ like Eden Ethernal they have base but there too simple and the game in self is pure non stop farming and quest

/o\ other games allow you to merry the same sex. but do they let you Embrace??

i have only play very few games that let you embrace. and i mean really few like ...3-4 minimum and the games inself are not pretty death.

\o\ soo koddos to you dear sir /o/

5008_9c00_420.gif?1318992465
  • Faust - Eyrda
    Faust - Eyrda Posts: 922 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    trust me i have play alot of mmorpgs

and the best engine soo far is this one

Simple and Not exagerted like PWI or any other game

you need a party for a dungen? \o\ AutoParty system

/o/ your not in the same realm? \o\ AutoRelm System

\o\ you need Gold? /o/ Carnival and other quest

/o/ you want your own base? \o\ you get your base

few games manage the Base system \o\ like Eden Ethernal they have base but there too simple and the game in self is pure non stop farming and quest

/o\ other games allow you to merry the same sex. but do they let you Embrace??

i have only play very few games that let you embrace. and i mean really few like ...3-4 minimum and the games inself are not pretty death.

\o\ soo koddos to you dear sir /o/

5008_9c00_420.gif?1318992465

wait, what? PWI's engine is better than FW's >_> too bad that's the only thing interesting about it.
    in regards to leaving FW my reasons are mostly in concurrence with the OP's.
    Trash will always be trash, no matter how well it dresses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Varrdok - Eyrda
    edited April 2012
    wait, what? PWI's engine is better than FW's >_> too bad that's the only thing interesting about it.
    in regards to leaving FW my reasons are mostly in concurrence with the OP's.

when i mean exaggerated i mean

alot random stuff that you cant use and you dont need to use them until your high lvl and you some how drop them and sold them for money ...that pretty much you didnt need it until your high lvl and pretty much the area is one big area

there no separation you walk one game mile and you fine lvl 30 monsters you walk to the left lvl 50 and 60 monster

\o\ the land is big . intanceses are hard to do cuz everyone already did them or the dungen was to complicated to fine and you end up quitting the quest.

\o\ and here the opposite. things are easy but not super easy and you can play the game at is fullist , yes there some minor error now and then

o.o again we all humans :P dont expect gold from a tree
  • Faust - Eyrda
    Faust - Eyrda Posts: 922 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    when i mean exaggerated i mean

alot random stuff that you cant use and you dont need to use them until your high lvl and you some how drop them and sold them for money ...that pretty much you didnt need it until your high lvl and pretty much the area is one big area

there no separation you walk one game mile and you fine lvl 30 monsters you walk to the left lvl 50 and 60 monster

\o\ the land is big . intanceses are hard to do cuz everyone already did them or the dungen was to complicated to fine and you end up quitting the quest.

\o\ and here the opposite. things are easy but not super easy and you can play the game at is fullist , yes there some minor error now and then

o.o again we all humans :P dont expect gold from a tree

the 'land' is much bigger in PWI as well. have you never played anything other than FW?
    Trash will always be trash, no matter how well it dresses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Varrdok - Eyrda
    edited April 2012
    the 'land' is much bigger in PWI as well. have you never played anything other than FW?

\o\ i have play PWI,ESO,JD,WoW,MLP Online,Florensia,FFLY, some other crappy games.

o >o now what??

and get map may be small in compartment but the game is still virgin as it is!! more land will be add more fun will be add

\o\ soo all i can say !! anyont that complains abut this game is aether a person that plays from another game and trys to advertise his other mmorpg or this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqSFR5LzFi8

/o\ just sayin!