PvP Blood Build

SpyduhPig - Lionheart
SpyduhPig - Lionheart Posts: 103 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Vampire Discussion
Looking for examples. Based on survivability and pro heals mostly. Not expecting alot of damage.
Post edited by SpyduhPig - Lionheart on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• Lourd - Eyrda
    Lourd - Eyrda Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    http://www.aesica.net/fw/?race=4&profession=2&level=80&talent=551404305014303003020022220221|5|

few notes about this build:

- insignia energy is skipped in this build, because survival is the highest priority. this is not recommended in normal situations (move points from blood feast and batwing shadow if you want this)
    - bloody evil strike is still taken, because spike damage is immensely helpful in pvp
    - this is not purely blood, 5 points in demon of darkness for higher chances of activating vamp form, for obvious reasons
    - if you follow this build increasing your max health should be the highest priority
    - surging blood is NOT taken, if you want higher health/mana solve it with gear/gems
    - blood feast is taken because it is effective with hard to kill blood builds even though it is situational
    - batwing shadow is useful in some situations, but do not add more points to it
  • SpyduhPig - Lionheart
    edited April 2012
    http://www.aesica.net/fw/?race=4&profession=2&level=80&talent=551404305014303003020022220221|5|

few notes about this build:

- insignia energy is skipped in this build, because survival is the highest priority. this is not recommended in normal situations (move points from blood feast and batwing shadow if you want this)
    - bloody evil strike is still taken, because spike damage is immensely helpful in pvp
    - this is not purely blood, 5 points in demon of darkness for higher chances of activating vamp form, for obvious reasons
    - if you follow this build increasing your max health should be the highest priority
    - surging blood is NOT taken, if you want higher health/mana solve it with gear/gems
    - blood feast is taken because it is effective with hard to kill blood builds even though it is situational
    - batwing shadow is useful in some situations, but do not add more points to it

Thank you Lourd for replying,

This is what I got after playing around:

Unfinished Example

My reasons are (comparing to yours) -
    * Batwing Shadow - I agree with what you said, it only needs one point.
    * Demon Darkness - I have thought about this before. But the thing is, Im probably only going to be using Dark Contract about 90% of the time (comparing to the other skills that activate it). I'm not sure if wasting 5 points in there is worth it.
    * Surging Blood - I personally would take that, especially while Im still starting out. For the health, not mana. Maybe later down the track when I have epic gear and level 3-4 gems, then I'd drop it xD
    *Blood Feast - If only the CD wasn't so long. I'm not sure about this one. How effective is defense in PvP?
    *Bloody Evil Strike - Totally agree with that. I have that now as a PvE Blood, and I love it in situations where I have to DD or even have to tank.
    *Blood Curse - I think you really only need 1 point in it, the only real difference is 5 extra enemies?
    * Blood Link - I just put some points in there for now. Im not too sure about it yet though. It is nice to have when your healing a "pro" DD and you chuck that on them. Not sure if 32% is worth it.

All opinions/advise are welcomed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tophus - Eyrda
    Tophus - Eyrda Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I was thinking about using this build:

http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=vampire&r=kin&b=t1a15t1a23t1b22t1b42t1c33t1c43t1d15t1e21t1e34t1e43t1f11t1f23t1g12t1g23t1g32t1h21t1h33t1i12t1i22t1j22t1j32t1j42t1k22t1k32t1l21

I'm going for two goals here. Max Healz + PvP survivability. I think this would work really well on a 3 v 3 match. I'm super new to this game so I haven't tested this out yet and it may not be the best example.
    If anyone has any criticisms let me know; I'm happy to hear it.
  • Lourd - Eyrda
    Lourd - Eyrda Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Thank you Lourd for replying,

This is what I got after playing around:

Unfinished Example

My reasons are (comparing to yours) -
    * Batwing Shadow - I agree with what you said, it only needs one point.
    * Demon Darkness - I have thought about this before. But the thing is, Im probably only going to be using Dark Contract about 90% of the time (comparing to the other skills that activate it). I'm not sure if wasting 5 points in there is worth it.
    * Surging Blood - I personally would take that, especially while Im still starting out. For the health, not mana. Maybe later down the track when I have epic gear and level 3-4 gems, then I'd drop it xD
    *Blood Feast - If only the CD wasn't so long. I'm not sure about this one. How effective is defense in PvP?
    *Bloody Evil Strike - Totally agree with that. I have that now as a PvE Blood, and I love it in situations where I have to DD or even have to tank.
    *Blood Curse - I think you really only need 1 point in it, the only real difference is 5 extra enemies?
    * Blood Link - I just put some points in there for now. Im not too sure about it yet though. It is nice to have when your healing a "pro" DD and you chuck that on them. Not sure if 32% is worth it.

All opinions/advise are welcomed.

- yeah, completely forgot about blood curse when i posted that because i'm inferno atm, you only need 1 point in it.

- reason I don't take invigoration talents is because the skill is rather bad, especially for a blood vamp. usually, in pvp as a blood vamp only time you'll have the mind to cast that on your dd is when you're already winning (or at the start of the game but it doesn't last very long...), because in any other situation you'll be too busy trying to keep yourself/your teamates alive with actual heals. casting invig makes you extremely vulnerable for that 2 seconds, and 32% base attack increase for short period of time isn't very impressive for 4 talent points honestly

- blood feast is more just my preference than anything else. but contrary to what most people think, high def can actually be very useful in pvp, the reason why most people don't think so is because defense bonuses from gems/gear are usually quite low compared to attack bonuses (for example solar 4 gives only 45 def compared to rage 4's 120 atk...) when it is usually thought that atk and def work 1:1 in pvp. because you wont have that much def in your gear if you're pvping 240% bonus won't be THAT much, but blowing all your max hp buffs, flying into the enemy team, going withered space then feasting is pretty hilarious in arena matches

- i like demon of darkness. in addition to 30% dark contract, both dark ripple and shadow scar are very nice for when you need to deal damage so other bonuses aren't really wasted
  • SpyduhPig - Lionheart
    edited April 2012
    - yeah, completely forgot about blood curse when i posted that because i'm inferno atm, you only need 1 point in it.

- reason I don't take invigoration talents is because the skill is rather bad, especially for a blood vamp. usually, in pvp as a blood vamp only time you'll have the mind to cast that on your dd is when you're already winning (or at the start of the game but it doesn't last very long...), because in any other situation you'll be too busy trying to keep yourself/your teamates alive with actual heals. casting invig makes you extremely vulnerable for that 2 seconds, and 32% base attack increase for short period of time isn't very impressive for 4 talent points honestly

- blood feast is more just my preference than anything else. but contrary to what most people think, high def can actually be very useful in pvp, the reason why most people don't think so is because defense bonuses from gems/gear are usually quite low compared to attack bonuses (for example solar 4 gives only 45 def compared to rage 4's 120 atk...) when it is usually thought that atk and def work 1:1 in pvp. because you wont have that much def in your gear if you're pvping 240% bonus won't be THAT much, but blowing all your max hp buffs, flying into the enemy team, going withered space then feasting is pretty hilarious in arena matches

- i like demon of darkness. in addition to 30% dark contract, both dark ripple and shadow scar are very nice for when you need to deal damage so other bonuses aren't really wasted

Unfinished Example 2

I took the points from Blood Link and put them into Blood Feast. Used the leftover point and removed 1 point from Extended Charmed Strike (which wasn't meant to be there anyway) and put them in Demon of Darkness. If I didn't have Surging Blood, I would have put those points in there too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]