Rune attribute

Rhugiga - Storm Legion
Rhugiga - Storm Legion Posts: 226 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
ok so i am a virtue lightning mage and am using teh wisdom runes. I have a wisdom rune that gives +1 to my magic fountain skill in my lightning tree(art of magic skill). this puts my skill at 4/3. when i got to look at my skill description is says dyos skill has not been activated. i have read that rune trees need atleast 5 energy for it to be activated. i am wondering if that only activates that specific skill though. because if that is teh case, i would need to put energy into the nature tree to activate the art of magic skill.

hoping someone can shed light onto this atleast untill i get another rune or two and try it out myself
Post edited by Rhugiga - Storm Legion on
<"Its not a success unless someone fails">
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• caligurl101
    caligurl101 Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    A skill is "activated" when you get enough points in the rune tree. The additional attributes you get from lvl 3 and above runes are not what it means when it says "activated." The skills it refers to are the reduction in cast times from the rune tree.
  • Rhugiga - Storm Legion
    edited April 2012
    so once i get enough wisdom energy the skill will activate?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • caligurl101
    edited April 2012
    so once i get enough wisdom energy the skill will activate?

Runes points only give you decreases in cast time to certain skills plus the 3 "special" skills. The additional attributes you find on runes are activated once they are embedded. The additional Magic Fountain talent point should have increased your mana the same amount a normal talent point in that skill would have (so like .5% or however much it increases per point after the first point). You don't need a certain number of rune points for the additional attributes on the runes to take effect.

Ex. - On my priest, she has a rune that gives 4 rune points and an additional attribute that reduces the cd of my light aoe by 2 second. So even though I only had 4 rune points the cd was still reduced by 2 seconds.
  • Rhugiga - Storm Legion
    edited April 2012
    so even though the skill says that it hasnt been activated, it really has been? cuz i didnt see a change in my total mana compared to before i added the attribute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • caligurl101
    edited April 2012
    so even though the skill says that it hasnt been activated, it really has been? cuz i didnt see a change in my total mana compared to before i added the attribute

When a skill is "activated" it means you have the rune tree skill activated not the additional attribute on the runes that you embed, so yes your additional attribute is active as soon as you embed the rune. The rune tree skills are only cast time reductions aside from the three special ones.

For example, I have 7 rune points in my wisdom tree. At five rune points it "activates" the Heal rune skill for my priest which reduces its cast time by 10%.

So when your Art of Magic skill says its "activated" that will mean the cast time has been reduced not that it has an extra point in it.
  • Impalia - Eyrda
    Impalia - Eyrda Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Okay.... I'm curious about something else;

On the rune tree, I see only 30 regular rune level opportunities for each color; some of them mixed color. There are also 5 Black Advanced Rune spots, and 5 Advanced per color.

My question is.... that leaves 40 rune levels accounted for. Where are the other 50 levels? or do they compound somehow?

I also would like to know.... Any way to change Equilibriums into useful runes?
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    Borsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    ok so i am a virtue lightning mage and am using teh wisdom runes. I have a wisdom rune that gives +1 to my magic fountain skill in my lightning tree(art of magic skill). this puts my skill at 4/3. when i got to look at my skill description is says dyos skill has not been activated. i have read that rune trees need atleast 5 energy for it to be activated. i am wondering if that only activates that specific skill though. because if that is teh case, i would need to put energy into the nature tree to activate the art of magic skill.

hoping someone can shed light onto this atleast untill i get another rune or two and try it out myself
    You are confusing talents with skills.

For skills to get activated you need rune chroma (color energy on the right side), the talent is just an extra bonus it has nothing to do with your dyos or nyos faith. You can get any talent as long as it's available regardless of your rune color or spec. I have 3/2 Magic Suppression from Blue and Yellow runes, and I'm a fire mage.
  • Rhugiga - Storm Legion
    edited April 2012
    wait, how do you get +3 to magic suppression? the game states that you will only get +1 to the talent from talent attributes on runes even if you have multiple runes* that give attributes to teh same talent. is that incorrect or do you have some points into ice ot get the first two points?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Unbrokenable - Lionheart
    Unbrokenable - Lionheart Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    wait, how do you get +3 to magic suppression? the game states that you will only get +1 to the talent from talent attributes on runes even if you have multiple runes* that give attributes to teh same talent. is that incorrect or do you have some points into ice ot get the first two points?

You can exceed the *max* talents by 1, I don't think it limits how many you can get from runes.
  • Rhugiga - Storm Legion
    edited April 2012
    oh ok, thanks :D that changes things a bit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]