The bank insurance/showoff thread

PEZ - Eyrda
PEZ - Eyrda Posts: 466 Arc User
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
The new stackable gems update has me paranoid, so I took screenshots of my bank in case something happens. Post your pictures/videos here too, for insurance reasons, or just to showoff. I'm curious what people's banks look like after a year.

2zy9387.png

If you don't already know how to do this:

1. Hit PrtScn on your keyboard near the useless scroll lock and pause button, above the semi-usless insert, delete, home, end, page up and page down buttons.

2. Find the forsaken world file on your computer. It's usually under your main program files, but you can right click any icon you use and find the file path under properties (C:\ForsakenWorld. . .etc.)

3. Find the screenshots folder, and open the screenshot with paint. Select the area you want to post online, copy it and paste it in a new paint file making sure there is no extra visible white space. Save it somewhere easy to find.

4. Go to an image uploading site, like tinypic.com. (Tinypic is very fast, little to no intrusive advertisements, no registration, just 1 captcha to upload)

5. Copy and paste the "IMG code for forums" in a reply to this thread.

6. No photoshopping. (Calling you out deadly)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The servers are extended gutters and the gutters are full of nova packs and when the drains finally scab over, all the players will drown. The accumulated wealth of all their orb opening and +12 refining will foam up about their waists and all the noobs and elites will look up and shout "Thank you!"

... and I'll whisper "Rollback."

Comments

• BankoneeeM - Eyrda
    BankoneeeM - Eyrda Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Create some Bank alts?
  • BanktwoooR - Eyrda
    BanktwoooR - Eyrda Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Combine gems>more space
  • Magicka - Storm Legion
    Magicka - Storm Legion Posts: 2,061 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I would be VERY wary about posting the contents of my bank/inventory for all to see.

You wouldn't want to encourage someone to try and hack your account ...

Saving the screenshots and then sending in to support if necessary would be better I think.

Just my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    'I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well
    as you deserve.' ~ Bilbo Baggins
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    Nyxa - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I would be VERY wary about posting the contents of my bank/inventory for all to see.

Saving the screenshots and then sending in to support if necessary would be better I think.

Just my opinion.

I fully agree with this, I've seen this happen way too many times in the past
    [SIGPIC]http://img163.imageshack.us/i/deur0g.png/[/SIGPIC]
    Special thanks to chaosheart27 for the awesome sig
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allan Poe
  • PEZ - Eyrda
    PEZ - Eyrda Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I fully agree with this, I've seen this happen way too many times in the past

Like posting the amount of gold that everyone has in the server isn't encouraging of hackers? Market price has 400 diamonds. Everyone knows that. That doesn't change how hard it is to access his account. And they are all bound gems, from ghastly flareboxes. If I did get ****, they wouldn't be able to steal the gems. And that's assuming they knew the password for my bank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The servers are extended gutters and the gutters are full of nova packs and when the drains finally scab over, all the players will drown. The accumulated wealth of all their orb opening and +12 refining will foam up about their waists and all the noobs and elites will look up and shout "Thank you!"

... and I'll whisper "Rollback."
  • raypwe
    raypwe Posts: 2
    edited March 2012

Just my opinion.
    For the reasons above, closing this thread.

Of course, you are free to post whatever screenshots you want, but I wouldn't encourage everyone to post screenshots such as this.

*Thread Closed*
This discussion has been closed.