ASHM and GoS

PEZ - Eyrda
PEZ - Eyrda Posts: 466 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
I am sick of people who are too afraid to try challenging instances. ASHM and GoS are the most rewarding instances in the game so far, and not nearly enough people even try to do it. The way I see it, there are two problems.

1. There is either no possiblity or no incentive for experienced players to teach new players. If I've already done GoS this week, there's no way in hell I'm going to do it again if I don't get any rewards, so there is always a shortage of possible players to party with. The reward system needs to be tweaked so that you always get some kind of reward when you go to either ASHM or GoS, meaning they should be repeatable. That way, the people who can, and want to go often will have reason to branch out and bring new players every time.

2. People are scaredy catrash bags of crymore. ASHM isn't even hard. It's the exact same stuff as regular AS, except it comes in waves, rather than large chunks; like killing 3 vines every so often, instead of 100 at once. The only real possibility of wiping is not using the sword to stop her charge attack, which is nothing but a scripted element. It's that easy.

If you are reading this, and the only reason you won't go is becasue you are ignorant, then check this:

ASHM for dummies
1. Charlotte 75% HP = run away for 30 seconds.
2. Charlotte 50% HP = run away for 30 seconds.
3. Always kills spiders first or else. . .
4. They will create near-instant-death purple puddles. Stay out of those.
5. Kill other adds fast, like vines and warsouls. They are just annoying.
6. Pick up swords when they spawn. DON'T USE THEM ASAP!
7. When Charlotte put's her hands together and shakes that ****, use the sword OR DIE INSTANTLY.
8. Get your daily storm stone and kick **** loot.

GoS for dummies
Room 1-
1. Tank and spank for the most part.
2. Don't stand near him when says he sheds armor.
3. Don't attack when he gets a red buff. It reflects damage.
4. Stay out of the moving on the floor.

Room 2-
1. Kill smaller spiders fast. Make sure your team focuses 1 at a time.
2. Kill smalest spiders fastest. They explode and for hella damage.
3. Kill the main spider.

Room 3-
1. Tank him in the corner.
2. Run away from teammates when he poisons just you.
3. Don't attack him when he "charges up". This is a delayed reflect damage.
4. Bubble the out of whoever gets targeted by like 20 teleported mobs.
5. Don't use spells if he tells you not to use them.

Room 4-
1. Attack him until the spirit comes out, then attack that.
2. Boss is reborn, so kill this one now.
3. Stay out of green gas.
4. When crystals spawn, DON'T FREAK OUT. Tank should round them up fast, followed by AoE members killing them. Otherwise Rocky your **** off ASAP. Or just die and get combat rezzed. Either way, don't bring close to other members, especially healers.

The gear is sick nastier than arena blues for sure (at least as good as arena purple, if not better), which is funny because it's way easier to get than arena purples. Gos takes at the very most 2 hours tops with a non CS group, and you're guaranteed enough storm gems for a set peice upon completion for the first time. Yes, that's a bit boring, but it's faster than doing Arena for like 3-4 hours a day and only getting like 10-20 score. Meanwhile, ASAHM takes like 30 mins tops, and you get a storm stone once a day. So quit being lazy.
Post edited by PEZ - Eyrda on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The servers are extended gutters and the gutters are full of nova packs and when the drains finally scab over, all the players will drown. The accumulated wealth of all their orb opening and +12 refining will foam up about their waists and all the noobs and elites will look up and shout "Thank you!"

... and I'll whisper "Rollback."

Comments

• ssupertux
    ssupertux Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    1. There is either no possiblity or no incentive for experienced players to teach new players.
    Biggest reason why, or they don't wanna take non-OP people.
    [SIGPIC]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/3271/raptorjesus22.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Raptor Jesus roamed the Earth circa 90,000,000-65,000,000 BHC (Before Human Christ). He was born when God Himself was still only a teenager. His execution is thought to be the cause of the extinction of the dinosaurs.
  • ohaigaise
    ohaigaise Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    you stated in your post, i wouldnt want to spend 2 hours in a 30 min instance. Going with under geared players also reduces the chance of getting heroic mode for moar rewards as well...
  • PEZ - Eyrda
    edited February 2012
    ohaigaise wrote: »
    you stated in your post, i wouldnt want to spend 2 hours in a 30 min instance. Going with under geared players also reduces the chance of getting heroic mode for moar rewards as well...

Going without anybody reduces the chance of getting anything at all. It's not fun fluting for a week straight, just to find out those flutes were wasted because people would rather AFK or go to arena, or be ignorant. I can understand people trying it, and deciding it's not their cup of tea (I've tried world bosses and I hate it), but at least try it, or at-least-at-least read about it. There level 80 people on my server who are like, "What the hell is GoS?" or, "I might die? OMG too hard!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The servers are extended gutters and the gutters are full of nova packs and when the drains finally scab over, all the players will drown. The accumulated wealth of all their orb opening and +12 refining will foam up about their waists and all the noobs and elites will look up and shout "Thank you!"

• XDeadly - Eyrda
    XDeadly - Eyrda Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    teach me how to fort rotulor o.o
    You may not upload animated images.

da fuq?
  • PEZ - Eyrda
    edited February 2012
    teach me how to fort rotulor o.o

If I could do Fort Rotulor, would I be trying to do ASHM or GoS? NO ONE can do Fort Rotulor. Have you tried to queue for it? No one queues for it, because it is impossible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ssupertux
    edited February 2012
    Mind if I ask the ideal hp required for ASHM and GoS(or the min hp to survive)?
    Raptor Jesus roamed the Earth circa 90,000,000-65,000,000 BHC (Before Human Christ). He was born when God Himself was still only a teenager. His execution is thought to be the cause of the extinction of the dinosaurs.
  • PEZ - Eyrda
    edited February 2012
    ssupertux wrote: »
    Mind if I ask the ideal hp required for ASHM and GoS(or the min hp to survive)?

For ASHM I'd say 15K absolute minimum. That's if you never mess up in any way whatsoever. 20K is good for minor messups, like standing in poison for too long. 25K is ideal, because you can survive 1 or 2 AoEs if someone messes up.

For GoS, it really depends on your defense. Mobs will jack you up in the third room, regardless of your HP because there are so many of them. You could probably do it with 20K hp absolute minimum, but if you die then it could be a wipe, so that'll end up costing you like a half our. To avoid ragequitting, I'd safe 25K is a safe minimum.

Keep in mind, these aren't prot HP stats. If you're a prot, there's no reason why you shouldn't have a bloodstone in every gear if you're PvE, so it shouldn't be hard to get 35K minimum. All of these are after buffs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Aishleen - Eyrda
    Aishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I don't mind teaching ppl challenging instances, I never did mind in all games I played, as long as they aren't lazy and actually focus and don't half afk. I'm sick of people who don't focus, or half-**** it, and don't take it seriously, and just laugh when they die instead. Pissing me off -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    Borsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Pretty much, I prefer to run with OP teams because it can take only 30mins... maybe teach 1 newbie at a time. A full party of newbies will take AGES. I remember my first GoS too. I mean sure, I can do it once in a while... but not everytime.

On the same note, I figured out how to do Fort Rotulor, you only need 40k HP btw not 60k.
  • PEZ - Eyrda
    edited February 2012
    Pretty much, I prefer to run with OP teams because it can take only 30mins... maybe teach 1 newbie at a time. A full party of newbies will take AGES. I remember my first GoS too. I mean sure, I can do it once in a while... but not everytime.

On the same note, I figured out how to do Fort Rotulor, you only need 40k HP btw not 60k.

That's cool. I wish more people did it though, because that's a good, but slow way of teaching people. That's why I think they should change something. Maybe something like create a practice mode, where everything is super cakewalk easy but no rewards. That way people can learn in a non frustrating environment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• IMBALANZE - Lionheart
    IMBALANZE - Lionheart Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    if you play attention to charlotte's ramblings she'll say "I will DESTROY YOU!! :mad:" then do what you wrote she would do
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Luciferia
    I read CN
    drama aren't far from this siggy
  • Campino - Illyfue
    Campino - Illyfue Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Its not the lazyness of ppl, its the result of 3x q exp!
  • horus01
    horus01 Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Hey At least you dont get to do GOS. I did gos with a full pt of lv2-3 winged ppl and guess what happened? we dint get heroic mode because the third boss died too fast

Hows that for a noob game?

o um anyways about your concern nobody does gos because they prob have parties already
    and either way my guild doesnt do it...thinking about it my guild rarely helps out in instance

RAGEQUIT!!!!
  • ssupertux
    edited February 2012
    For ASHM I'd say 15K absolute minimum. That's if you never mess up in any way whatsoever. 20K is good for minor messups, like standing in poison for too long. 25K is ideal, because you can survive 1 or 2 AoEs if someone messes up.

For GoS, it really depends on your defense. Mobs will jack you up in the third room, regardless of your HP because there are so many of them. You could probably do it with 20K hp absolute minimum, but if you die then it could be a wipe, so that'll end up costing you like a half our. To avoid ragequitting, I'd safe 25K is a safe minimum.

Keep in mind, these aren't prot HP stats. If you're a prot, there's no reason why you shouldn't have a bloodstone in every gear if you're PvE, so it shouldn't be hard to get 35K minimum. All of these are after buffs.

Thanks for the info, also 20k hp isn't that hard to get with all stout gears and at least +6 refine. Atm Im lvl 76 and only have 3 stout gears and 19k hp, and planning to get 77 boots to +9 refine.
  • FadeToRed - Eyrda
    FadeToRed - Eyrda Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2012

That. I cry a little inside every time I come out of GoS with a 12sg repair bill... I'm tired of feeding the npc's family.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hitoriki - Eyrda
    Hitoriki - Eyrda Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    That. I cry a little inside every time I come out of GoS with a 12sg repair bill... I'm tired of feeding the npc's family.

AHHH! FADE'S ALIVE!
    On topic, reading that reminded me of the time when I had a 20sg+ repair build on my poor mage after koubo <_<
    Xiryn: Human Fire Mage
    Hitoriki: Elf Light Bard
    Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines, but it to the one who endures that the final victory comes.
  • IceyHeart - Eyrda
    IceyHeart - Eyrda Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Dear PEZ,
    take me to GoS and HMAS. Do eet. I dare you.
    Sincerely,
    IceyHeart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]