I doubt that this will ever happen

Mael - Storm Legion
Mael - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Suggestion Box
But I am posting this anyway: my ideas for new weapons that I want added to the game, just for the sake of posting them. If anyone has posted them already (or I did long ago and forgot about it) I do apologize, but please do not reply with "use the search function", as I am just doing this for the sake of doing it. I don't care how unrealistic they sound, I just want to post these ideas, and don't care if they are never created.

Anyway, on to the new weapons. The major theme is that these weapons are supposed to aid in the ongoing war with the Storm Legion.

Warrior: Halberd
Warriors have always wielded giant swords against their enemies, but recent intelligence shows that Storm Legion soldiers are developing techniques to counter the powerful, yet limited swings of the giant swords. In order to combat this, warriors have started practicing with new weapons in an attempt to confuse the Storm Legion. Out of all the weapons used, the Halberd is the most effective, as it not only gives the warrior greater, reach , but is also lighter, allowing for it to be faster than the giant sword.
Pro/con: Has greater attack range but lower attack power and/or durability when compared to a sword.

Assassin: Short Sword
Assassins have always lived by the creed "Victory through any means necessary", and using different weapons to surprise their enemies is at the top of the list of "any means necessary". The short sword, while once an unpopular weapon, has gained recent fame due to the Storm Legion's unfamiliarity with it on the battlefield. While it is not as light as the often used daggers, its ability to inflict more devastating wounds per swing when compared to daggers was won over many assassins.
Pro/con: Has slower attack speed when compared to daggers, but greatly increases the odds of dealing a critical hit

Protector: Iron Fist
Archaeologists have looked to the past, hoping to find keys to the future in the past, and one recent discovery just might be the key they are looking for. One expedition found a forgotten weapon design created by Tytan himself: the Iron Fist. This glove like weapon was designed to fit over the user's fist, and after crafting a prototype was discovered to have tremendous offensive and defensive capabilities, but is extremely heavy. Many now believe that while it is an effective weapon, was originally designed more to train the body than to be used in actual combat.
Pro/con: Increases cooldown times, but also increases health and defense

Marksman: Dual Pistols
Dwarves have always been skilled marksmen, and have experimented with new designs to make their guns more compact without sacrificing their efficiency. This has come in the form of pistols. Each pistol is not even half as large or heavy as a musket, and retains most of its devastating power, but sadly is not as accurate as its larger cousins.
Pro/con: Decreases cooldown times, but reduces accuracy

Mage: Mana Cannon
Mages have born witness to the devastating power of the dwarves' machinations, especially their guns. After months of research, mages have managed to create their own equivalent: the mana cannon. A floating tube powered by the mage's own magic, the mana cannon fires crystalized shards of the mage's own mana. While far more devastating than the energy thrown from a staff, the shards are made up of the mage's own mana reserves, leaving less mana for spells.
Pro/con: Higher auto attack and spell damage when compared to staffs, but decreases total mana

Priest: Holy Grimoire
On a battlefield, the priest is one of the most important combatants, healing their fellow soldiers, even bringing them back from the brink of death. However, sometimes their abilities are not enough, and lives are lost on a daily basis. In order to overcome their shortcomings, priests have toiled endlessly and made several important discoveries, namely that objects imbued with their own holy magic makes casting spells easier. Thus the holy grimoire was born: an enchanted book designed to aid the priest in their spellcasting. These tomes not only bolster the priests impressive skills, but make their spells easier to cast, even if they lack the range of a wand
Pro/con: Increases healing effects and shortens cast time of all spells, but decreases the range at which spells can be cast.

Bard: Lute
The harp is the bard's most powerful tool, able to play the mystical tones that give them power. However, without an instrument a bard is powerless, and many Storm Legion soldiers have learned that a direct attack to a bard's harp is capable of breaking it. Because of this, bards have created a new instrument: the lute. Larger and more durable than the harp, this new instrument's hollow interior allows the mystic tones to echo and reverberate, making them last longer, but more effort is required to create the tones
Pro/con: all buffs and debuffs last longer, but all spells require more mana.

Note: I am undecided between the following two
Vampire: Homonculus
Vampires are known for using the darkness to their advantage, and with darkness comes sowing fear on the battlefield. Kindred alchemists, while experimenting with ways to make their enemies tremble in fear, have discovered that, with the proper alchemic agents, Kindred blood can instill a semblance of life into inanimate objects. Using this mix of kindred blood and alchemy, any object can become a living weapon, but Kindred are nothing if not devilishly clever, and decided that if they were going to make living weapons, they might as well create weapons that were both powerful and terrifying to look at. With the help of some Storm Legion "volunteers", it was discovered that among all the things that instil fear, bats are capable of instilling the most fear. Taking advantage of this information, Kindred alchemists fashioned a bat out of stone and brought it to life with their new "blood alchemy", and discovered that it was as effective as they had hoped for. Thus, the homonculus was born, ready to aid the Kindred in their fight against the Storm Legion.
Pro/con: Has higher attack when compared to crosses, but decreases total health.

or

Vampire: Living Cape
Vampires are known for using the darkness to their advantage, and with darkness comes
sowing fear on the battlefield. Kindred alchemists, while experimenting with ways to make their enemies tremble in fear, have discovered that, with the proper alchemic agents, Kindred blood can instill a semblance of life into inanimate objects. Using this mix of kindred blood and alchemy, any object can become a living weapon but Kindred are nothing if not devilishly clever, and decided that if they were going to make living weapons, they might as well create weapons that were both powerful and terrifying to look at. It was decided that capes would be suitable objects, as what instils more fear than a seemingly innocuous piece of clothing that comes to life and decapitates someone. The effectiveness of the living cape was tested with the help of some Storm Legion "volunteers", and has since become the staple of many kindred vampires.
Pro/con: Has a smaller attack range compared to crosses, but greatly increases evasion.
Post edited by Mael - Storm Legion on
Since when is Tuesday a direction?

Comments

• Axym - Lionheart
    Axym - Lionheart Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    O.o the mage cannon and the living cape I'm not too sure how that would look, act, or otherwise work but the others are quite nice :D

JW/expanding on the idea: Would these weapons have general different stats? For example with the mm: A rifle is heavy but prevides more accuracy and fire power ( -hp +atk +acc) where dual pistols allow for more freedom of movement at the cost of accuracy and possibly fire power (so -atk/acc +hp/eva)

Just an idea :D

Edit: LMAO! Sry it's a tad tl;dr, so I skimmed, I totally didn't notice you DID discuss this XD my bad!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As long as I'm captain, the rum shall never be gone.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes courtesy of Deltatroopa
  • Hitoriki - Eyrda
    Hitoriki - Eyrda Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    O.o the mage cannon and the living cape I'm not too sure how that would look, act, or otherwise work but the others are quite nice :D

JW/expanding on the idea: Would these weapons have general different stats? For example with the mm: A rifle is heavy but prevides more accuracy and fire power ( -hp +atk +acc) where dual pistols allow for more freedom of movement at the cost of accuracy and possibly fire power (so -atk/acc +hp/eva)

Just an idea :D

I did notice he forgot the mms D;
    but the way I would interpret this would be to have the weapons act like talents, kinda. Like with little yellow text at the bottom of every skill that details the changes caused by each weapon. As for the hp/eva stats etc that aren't activated by skills, it could act as a buff I suppose.
    Or maybe the weapons that we have now could have a "second form"?
    BTW on the priests and vamps:
    Rebel/Glacial priests do exist even if they're rare so the grimore should improve masteries.
    Not all vamps are eva so I'd go with the homuniculus.
    Xiryn: Human Fire Mage
    Hitoriki: Elf Light Bard
    Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines, but it to the one who endures that the final victory comes.
  • Axym - Lionheart
    Axym - Lionheart Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    ^ Lol thanks, see edit on original post. XD I feel like a fool now :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As long as I'm captain, the rum shall never be gone.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes courtesy of Deltatroopa
  • melnii
    melnii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I totally support the idea of being able to pick between multiple classes per class. Bard should get a guitar or something. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is Onomatomania, my avatar thing is messed up.
  • Optimushax - Eyrda
    Optimushax - Eyrda Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    lot of thought went into this and gratz i like the ideas but sadly my sig says it all
  • Hitoriki - Eyrda
    edited February 2012
    lot of thought went into this and gratz i like the ideas but sadly my sig says it all

Hey bro don't hurt the idealists :P
    They had a vaguely similar system in HoTK so maybe we'll see something if PWE doesn't drop the game ^^

and idk, I like the cash shop cus then I can laugh at level 40 winged sins who can't three-shot my level 47 arena priest with four chroma...

:cool:
    Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines, but it to the one who endures that the final victory comes.
  • Mael - Storm Legion
    edited February 2012
    This list is just my idea, and is a work in progress. I hope to eventually include pictures (or someone could do that for me if they want). I might change some ideas, and everyone, feel free to include your own ideas, including a backstory of the weapon and the pros and cons of wielding them, but please, no bows. We get enough of that in the archery class suggestion threads.
  • Optimushax - Eyrda
    edited February 2012
    They had a vaguely similar system in HoTK so maybe we'll see something if PWE doesn't drop the game ^^

and idk, I like the cash shop cus then I can laugh at level 40 winged sins who can't three-shot my level 47 arena priest with four chroma...

lol yeah ur right.

This kinda feels like the time i told the kid on Christmas that santa was just an old fat drunk guy in a costume. sadly the kid cried for 3 days about that, until i distracted him by telling him the tooth fairy wasnt real either...that cry lasted for a week.
  • Hitoriki - Eyrda
    edited February 2012
    [
    This list is just my idea, and is a work in progress. I hope to eventually include pictures (or someone could do that for me if they want). I might change some ideas, and everyone, feel free to include your own ideas, including a backstory of the weapon and the pros and cons of wielding them, but please, no bows. We get enough of that in the archery class suggestion threads.

ooh pictures and backstories...
    I'll see if I can come up with anything o.o
    but excuse my crappy drawing...I have a wild imagination but I'm bad at expressing it.
    x)
  • Optimushax - Eyrda
    edited February 2012
    [
    I have a wild imagination but I'm bad at expressing it.
    x)

And that reminds me of the time i said that to my english teacher and she tought i was hitting on her :/ and thats jenga
  • Hitoriki - Eyrda
    edited February 2012
    And that reminds me of the time i said that to my english teacher and she tought i was hitting on her :/ and thats jenga

aww does the poor baby need a cookie?
    (b^.^)b
  • Mael - Storm Legion
    edited February 2012
    [

ooh pictures and backstories...
    I'll see if I can come up with anything o.o
    but excuse my crappy drawing...I have a wild imagination but I'm bad at expressing it.
    x)

So? Your crappy drawing is still better than mine. Besides, if you can't come up with anything, you can just draw what you think what I described would look like in game.
  • Faust - Eyrda
    Faust - Eyrda Posts: 922 Arc User
    edited February 2012

an idealist in FW is like an idealist IRL. see enough of humanity and you become a cynic.
    welcome to my world.
    Trash will always be trash, no matter how well it dresses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hitoriki - Eyrda
    edited February 2012
    So? Your crappy drawing is still better than mine. Besides, if you can't come up with anything, you can just draw what you think what I described would look like in game.

Actually on the Freedom Harbor Loading screen, the priest is holding something that looks like a grimore o.o
  • Mael - Storm Legion
    edited February 2012
    Actually on the Freedom Harbor Loading screen, the priest is holding something that looks like a grimore o.o

Well, yes, that is where I got the idea to make that an actual weapon (and the the Vampire has a bat resting on his arm on the loading screen is where I got the idea for that)
  • Varnania - Eyrda
    Varnania - Eyrda Posts: 994 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    souds good but i liek the normal weapons
  • AngelzHeal - Eyrda
    AngelzHeal - Eyrda Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I am divided on how I feel about this unique idea.

Firstly I love it, all of it. Beautifully described btw.

My concern is due to having an option of 2 different uniquely styled weapons. That most would, but of course, feel the need to gem up. Would this be level specific or advance with your characters through the levels? Also with the Kindred having a bat weapon.... I could see them saying no due to pets. But that's my opinion.

I soo agree with the reponse someone else gave about skills and changing those based on set weapon. Cool idea.

MY suggestion would be, if this idea WAS ever implemented (crosses fingers) To have DIFFERENT musical notes for the Bard's new weapon. (Not certain about the guitar idea, however isn't that what a lute semi looks like? Just keep it elven please >.<)

Maybe have these weapons like the Carnival one's? Where once set weapon is acquired a skill comes with it? A summoning skill, set per elemental skill tree. That might help with the Kindred's bat weapon? Keep the cape but tranform it into bat via summoning skill? Or group of bats... where Player takes cape off to throw it into air, breaks up into group of bats for secretive attack?
  • Mael - Storm Legion
    edited February 2012
    I am divided on how I feel about this unique idea.

Firstly I love it, all of it. Beautifully described btw.

My concern is due to having an option of 2 different uniquely styled weapons. That most would, but of course, feel the need to gem up. Would this be level specific or advance with your characters through the levels? Also with the Kindred having a bat weapon.... I could see them saying no due to pets. But that's my opinion.

I soo agree with the reponse someone else gave about skills and changing those based on set weapon. Cool idea.

MY suggestion would be, if this idea WAS ever implemented (crosses fingers) To have DIFFERENT musical notes for the Bard's new weapon. (Not certain about the guitar idea, however isn't that what a lute semi looks like? Just keep it elven please >.<)

Maybe have these weapons like the Carnival one's? Where once set weapon is acquired a skill comes with it? A summoning skill, set per elemental skill tree. That might help with the Kindred's bat weapon? Keep the cape but tranform it into bat via summoning skill? Or group of bats... where Player takes cape off to throw it into air, breaks up into group of bats for secretive attack?

I think your idea for the bard's new weapon is pretty good as well, and probably has a better chance of being implemented than my idea. Sadly, I do not think you fully understand the Vampire's Homonculus weapon. It is not a pet, as (I guess lore wise) pets are sentient, and the Homonculus is not. Basically when the Vampire attacks, the vampire would do nothing by themselves, but signal that Homonculus to dive bomb the target or shoot energy out of its mouth.

I think you have some good ideas of your own. How about you flesh them out and post your own ideas on this thread? I would love to see what you can come up with (the same goes for everyone else who reads this)
  • AngelzHeal - Eyrda
    edited February 2012
    Yea, you're correct about my not knowing the specific vampiric weapon you'd mentioned. I apologize about that... I'm trying to envision this and keep it on point.
    I'd like this idea to come to fruition! :)

So each "new" weapon once acquired would come with a new skill. Much like the Carnival Weapons. This new skill would be a summoning skill designed specifically for each skill tree. (I don't wish to change the OP's design for the weapons. I +100 all of their idea's!!!)

Priests - Divine: Would acquire a "Hand of G-d" / "Act of G-d" Skill. Upon activation a light would shine down from above, directed at set target. And cause excess of set damage. (Or maybe additional healing?) Maybe titled G-d's Wrath or Fury or Sorrow?

Priests - Rebel: Would acquire a "Fallen Angel" Skill. Summoning forth a demonic appearing fallen angel that performs set attacks.

Priests - Glacial: Would acquire a "Ice Age" Skill. Either summoning forth an ice creature, able to rain down icicles from above. (Or maybe call forth a blizzard ball directed at # of creatures?)

Elves - Water: Ability to summon forth from Lute a Dolphin, or leviathan (Trying to remain neutral on masculine / fem, sorry kind of hard with elves - at times.)

Elves - Wind: Mini Tornado? Or a wrathful air spirit?

Elves - Light: Ability to summon forth fire flies, or shooting stars raining down from Heaven's?

So I do love the idea of the designs of the weapons. I'm leaning more towards the potential skills to go with them. I've only listed a few here. Reason is just to give an example of where my mind is taking this... someone might outdo my idea's here. Playing as a Divine Priest though it'd be awesome at this point to acquire a new unique weapon with a "serious" skill that could offer me either one more group heal, or a slightly more effective DD attack, heck maybe an additional buff?
    (IKR.. I'm a priest, shouldn't need to deal damage... sometimes you've just gotta fight alongside your team, not hang back and watch their health drop. Also this weapon will be with me at all times. So PvE if I'm questing alone... might save a lot of people, especially ME!)

So either a skill to summon forth a new power, or a mythical creature per the race / element to attack. I'm only suggesting this because I could see two weapons and to many different skill types colliding. Where as you'd have the same attacks as before but a skill added inaddition, same as Carnival Weapon. (However, the "additional summoning skill should be definite when acquiring, not by some chance.")

I mean my idea's aren't 100% elite or anything. This is off the top of my head. Also I don't play allot on my alts to really have a good back ground knowledge to know what each class might preffer in an additional summoning skill. But I think they should be styled based off the original concept of set attacks. And kept to the style definitely of the racial aspect.

I'm having a hard time thinking about the Dwarves especially. In summoning forth a skill of attack. Should it be their g-d? A totem animal? Mechanical thing that excerts a steampunk feel and power of a small nuclear bomb? And of course ALL of these additional skills would be set up with whatever pro's / con's to ensure fair game play. What I'm suggesting are potential idea's of new attacks via these amazing looking new weapons.

So maybe Sins would gain an invisible striker to summon, one that they can't even see? Their stance and sword would be one of a challenging stance with sword pointed at enemy... and the enemies already unknowingly beng attacked by set summons.

The Homonculus is a great lead to the Kindred. I'm torn as well between the idea of a cape or the bat perched on one's shoulder. Also I'm surprized, given the folklore of the Kindred... no skills to become myst? Or to call forth myst of poison gas maybe? That could be implented into the Cape's idea?? Or a cloud of myst to daze and confuse mobs for quick get away? (Group buff of invisibility, out of instance maybe type of skill?)

May never happen but I can dream :D
  • Hitoriki - Eyrda
    edited February 2012
    Like I said in my earlier post, I think that our normal weapons should have two "forms" -so we don't have to worry about fortifying and gemming two weapons <_<'
    As for the extra skill idea by Angel, I think it should be incorperated into the current talent tree systems - so say a level 30 ele warrior, besides getting the normal 30 skill could also get an extra skill that could only be used while their weapon was in halberd form. Or something. o.o
  • AngelzHeal - Eyrda
    edited February 2012
    A lvl 30 skill... know what would be super cool? Not that it'd ever happen?

As with the high lvl areas and being able to find a locked skill scroll via a treasure map.

What would be awesome is... The initial NPCs in the beginner area's. Had a simple kill 5 monsters collect some plant, and you got a letter. The letter is addressed to Boolta in the stone factory in SoO. You work for him and he sends you to dig in the sands in search of something. Prize would be an unlocked skill scroll per you class.

It'd be nice to have at least one of something for the lower levels. No chalices of any kind, no EXP to unlock, additional quests to be had. It's nice to be able to buy the skills with soul gold. But it would be cool to gain one as a prize at end of a quest too!

The only reason I'd say everyone would want 2 different weapons. Decisions, decisions. Is because some players "like" their current one. Maybe make fashion item weapons? Kinda of like NC one's but styled more to look like a weapon. So gemming up the original one... and being able to buy a special unique appearing one that is a fashion, not a replacement.

This is where your idea could come into play. When equipting the fashion weapon, a new style of attack would be available. The attack ratings base stats would be same as current weapon. But it wouldn't change all attacks.

I suggested summoning skill. However that may not work per all races or classes. Also I'm concerned about my idea due to lag most have.

However it would be a cool idea to have 2 sets of attack that we could alternate between. One without changing our skills tree's. One mode would make my heals more effective, the other attacks more effective. I only suggest that due to these "Chances of" which make me feel so very unlucky most of the time. If I could select one the chances per would be greatly increased to that.

But sets of attack solely based on choices of weapons IDK. I could see that being a tad tricky. Though it would be awesome. Maybe in character creation? A choice of weapons at that time? Would give variety to the game, also for those that love their current weapon... they could keep it.