crash question

Rhugiga - Storm Legion
Rhugiga - Storm Legion Posts: 226 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Technical Support Zone
ok so we all know taht the client likes to crash and freeze, usually at the worst possible times and always gets worse with every update. but after this last update when my client freezes, i cant tab out, go to the ctrl+alt+del screen, force exit it, or anything. a bit after the client freezes(eh about 1-2 min) it crashes my compy with a blue screen. so far i have confirmed this only happens with FW cleint, and i am wondering if any1 else has seen this problem pop of with themselves or someone they know.
Post edited by Rhugiga - Storm Legion on
<"Its not a success unless someone fails">
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• webness
    webness Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    ok so we all know taht the client likes to crash and freeze, usually at the worst possible times and always gets worse with every update. but after this last update when my client freezes, i cant tab out, go to the ctrl+alt+del screen, force exit it, or anything. a bit after the client freezes(eh about 1-2 min) it crashes my compy with a blue screen. so far i have confirmed this only happens with FW cleint, and i am wondering if any1 else has seen this problem pop of with themselves or someone they know.

Its just the same for me as well :confused:
  • Magicka - Storm Legion
    Magicka - Storm Legion Posts: 2,061 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    When you get a BSOD you need to note the error number:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic74712.html

Then, you need to find what the error code means:

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/extract-troubleshooting-info-from-windows-xp-bsod-error-messages/6053684

It's normally a driver issue or memory issue.

See if those websites help you any.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    'I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well
    as you deserve.' ~ Bilbo Baggins