About Guilds

Zecksie - Eyrda
Zecksie - Eyrda Posts: 18 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Guild Discussion
Can anyone give me a brief summary about Guilds, I am new and I am also curious :p

If you can just tell me what's their purpose, how to make one, and any other important details I will be content. 8)
Post edited by Zecksie - Eyrda on

Comments

• Falchoir - Lionheart
    Falchoir - Lionheart Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Purpose of a guild: http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3186641

As for creating a guild, you can make one at Lawrence in the Magic Fountain area in Freedom Harbor, for 10 player gold (not Soul Gold) when you hit level 20. It's a major job to lead a guild, though, especially with the lack of new bases and opportunity.

There's more I could go into, but Lawrence has a good amount of information about merit, guild levels, etc. If you have any other specific questions, though, feel free to ask.
    **Gone home to Tales Forum- follow at your own risk. T'was a good run, FW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    this spot in memory of my sister, who left after what was supposed to be a haven became a hell.
    I do not ask that we be worshipped or adored; all I ask is that you do not hate us.

Larale: Divine Priest - Falune: Light Bard - Falraine: Water Bard
  • TANTRAUM - Storm Legion
    TANTRAUM - Storm Legion Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    much love man for the info ... i appreciate it ... WHEN I get to that level i hope i can make a SINESTRO CORP guild then :)

TANTRAUM

Purpose of a guild: http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3186641

As for creating a guild, you can make one at Lawrence in the Magic Fountain area in Freedom Harbor, for 10 player gold (not Soul Gold) when you hit level 20. It's a major job to lead a guild, though, especially with the lack of new bases and opportunity.

There's more I could go into, but Lawrence has a good amount of information about merit, guild levels, etc. If you have any other specific questions, though, feel free to ask.
    ღ ☆ Y
  • Frost_Fang - Nyos
    Frost_Fang - Nyos Posts: 837 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    much love man for the info ... i appreciate it ... WHEN I get to that level i hope i can make a SINESTRO CORP guild then :)

TANTRAUM

I'm affraid the name "SINESTRO CORP" may be too long for a guild name. Better check whats the max.lenght of letters for naming a guild, I assume it's like 12 or something. Meaning you'd be lacking 1 letter :P
    Member of "KoS_" cause unless you stand for something, you will fall for anything.
    edited February 2012
    I'm affraid the name "SINESTRO CORP" may be too long for a guild name. Better check whats the max.lenght of letters for naming a guild, I assume it's like 12 or something. Meaning you'd be lacking 1 letter :P

stop being a SMART BUTT :p

and im now a 30 so i wana start my own ..
    ღ ☆ Y
  • Acier - Eyrda
    Acier - Eyrda Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    stop being a SMART BUTT :p

and im now a 30 so i wana start my own ..

I hate to be the crusher of dreams but I suggest that while your own guild may be fun and all, try finding a well established one by level 50-60. They will immensely help your game play and allow you to progress further in the game than being held back by a guild that will be small and unable to obtain a guild base, well at least without shelling out lots of diamonds to a dead guild's leader to take theirs.

OK I lied, I love crushing dreams with reality.
    edited February 2012
    ~ POWTS ~

Ima tell a mod on you :(

144849362_43f896c49f.jpg

LMAO
    ღ ☆ Y
  • zackrtaylor
    zackrtaylor Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    i was looking into creating a guild and i was wondering if you need to have a guild semi recruited or if theres any chances that the base would be taken away from you. i guess what im asking is if theres a possibility of loosing the purchased guild base
  • Falchoir - Lionheart
    Falchoir - Lionheart Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    i was looking into creating a guild and i was wondering if you need to have a guild semi recruited or if theres any chances that the base would be taken away from you. i guess what im asking is if theres a possibility of loosing the purchased guild base

Firstly, you cannot get the base right away. Your guild must hit level 3 and reach 6000 contribution, then you must bid for one against other guilds when one opens up.

Even if you do get the base, yes, it can be lost. Bases require funds to maintain- every day, a certain amount is subtracted from the current funds, and if that number hits zero, the base is downgraded (if level 2 or 3) or destroyed (if level 1). Funds can be generated by doing base quests and trade runs, which are easy but give little- for this reason, the more who do the quests, the easier it is for everyone. There's also Rift for funds, but that comes later and also requires effort on behalf of the members.

Late reply, but I hope it helps.
    **Gone home to Tales Forum- follow at your own risk. T'was a good run, FW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    this spot in memory of my sister, who left after what was supposed to be a haven became a hell.
    I do not ask that we be worshipped or adored; all I ask is that you do not hate us.

Larale: Divine Priest - Falune: Light Bard - Falraine: Water Bard