test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rebel Priest: Debunked

xhyphenxhyphen Posts: 4 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Priest Discussion
Click here to open GoogleDocs.

p.s. Sorry about having to leave it in GoogleDocs...I got too lazy to edit everything to fit this post. So now...it's a bit more difficult to quote and refute the discussed content...so sorry about that :D!

This document will be updated with new discussions and content moving forward. Thanks.
Post edited by xhyphen on

Comments

• Kaiyuna - Storm LegionKaiyuna - Storm Legion Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Hyphen: (2012-01-29 23:03:40)
    LET THEM
    Hyphen: (2012-01-29 23:03:42)
    FLAMES BEGIN
    My arena videos:
    youtube.com/user/Kaiyuna
  • BlueDreams - Storm LegionBlueDreams - Storm Legion Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    stickied!
  • DeltaTroopa - Storm LegionDeltaTroopa - Storm Legion Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Hey Nait! I see you credited my mastery spreadsheet, nice :D

As a glacial Priest I can sympathize with much of the info there, since healing wise glacial and rebel are identical. Although my skills have higher damage then rebel, and good spike damage, the cast times are ALL 2s long, which can be extremely frustrating at times.

As for offhealing I find what works well for PvE is fitting Sympathy>AH>Sympathy off into my rotation and other then that focusing on DPS.

One thing you're selling yourself short on is Abandonment:
    This talent should be maxed. The chance to dispel healing effects on targets is minor compared to the extra 2 second reduction on your DPS skills.

That heal dispel is nasty you probably don't notice it too much, but when we fight you my healer definitely does, and nothing is more frustrating then watching your teammates die while your heals do absolutely nothing.

I have the feeling that its sort of like my stuns, I don't really notice them because of the fairly low chance to trigger and their unreliability because of that, however I've fought against other glacial priests (mostly on alts) and the stuns can be a real pain.

Anyway being a DPS priest is certainly different and if you're planning on switching from divine its going to take some getting used to for as the playstyle is completely different. But I find it quite enjoyable :)

(also nerf your evasion kthx)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ._____Emotes______ | ____Spreadsheets____.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes | tinyurl.com/FWInfosheet
  • Zaviere - Storm LegionZaviere - Storm Legion Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Hipster accuracy stacking kids use OVERSTATED VALUES on Naiteru!

It's SUPER EFFECTIVE!

On a more serious note, a thought that occurred to me...

Would your pseudo-Rocky/DS Rebel bubble thing be vulnerable to Magic Purge, from a Mage? And perhaps Natural Protection as well?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/watch?v=S3bRPHPQsOs (copy-able text link)
  • xhyphenxhyphen Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    As for offhealing I find what works well for PvE is fitting Sympathy>AH>Sympathy off into my rotation and other then that focusing on DPS.
    Yeah, I just don't bother with healing most of the time since I typically go with party's with players who can solo-heal in most cases-- which is why i guess I make an arbitrary point about Rebel/Glacial off-healing (since I've never really had to go about doing it).
    That heal dispel is nasty you probably don't notice it too much, but when we fight you my healer definitely does, and nothing is more frustrating then watching your teammates die while your heals do absolutely nothing.
    Derp. Yeah, the percentage chance of it to occur is 20% compared to your Glacial stuns.
    As someone from the opposing end of Banish (the name for the Abandonment curse), can you let me know whether or not your healing effects are absolutely null during the curse period... or is it just that you can't get healed during that period but all heals prior to the curse still take place?

Thanks for bringing this up-- will be added to the document.
    (also nerf your evasion kthx)
    ...it's not even that high D:
    Hipster accuracy stacking kids use OVERSTATED VALUES on Naiteru!
    This seriously needs some more testing done z__z.

Would your pseudo-Rocky/DS Rebel bubble thing be vulnerable to Magic Purge, from a Mage? And perhaps Natural Protection as well?
    Magic purge doesn't remove panic-heal-button-rockyprotection-state; but it does remove Natural Protection.
  • Zaviere - Storm LegionZaviere - Storm Legion Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    xhyphen wrote: »
    This seriously needs some more testing done z__z.

Magic purge doesn't remove panic-heal-button-rockyprotection-state; but it does remove Natural Protection.

Purge-able stuff noted~

I agree, more testing is needed for the acc thing. I'd be down for said testing - whatever methods either of us may come up with for it - anytime I'm bored and not doing anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/watch?v=S3bRPHPQsOs (copy-able text link)
  • Arizll - EyrdaArizll - Eyrda Posts: 1,551 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Can you try using your lvl 75 rebel skill to dispel Rocky Protection and water bard's shield?

Also some of the level 80 skills like Deputy of Death or Undine's Elegy.
  • OddFinrir - LionheartOddFinrir - Lionheart Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Can you try using your lvl 75 rebel skill to dispel Rocky Protection and water bard's shield?

Also some of the level 80 skills like Deputy of Death or Undine's Elegy.

It removes atk buffs
    edited January 2012
    Can you try using your lvl 75 rebel skill to dispel Rocky Protection and water bard's shield? Also some of the level 80 skills like Deputy of Death or Undine's Elegy.
    It removes atk buffs

Rocky/Bard Shield/Undine's does not get debuffed; however, Deputy of Death does.

Edited the document to include Deputy of Death.

Thanks for bringing it up!
    edited January 2012
    Godly Might (the skill that lowers eva for damnation) actually decreases eva + crit dmg....not crit chance
    edited January 2012
    Godly Might (the skill that lowers eva for damnation) actually decreases eva + crit dmg....not crit chance

It actually does what the talent says, unless it's an error. The icon that appears under the target will say 'Crit Damage is Reduced' but if you look at the Character menu, critical chance is reduced by the % per level and critical damage remains constant.
    edited February 2012
    xhyphen wrote: »
    Derp. Yeah, the percentage chance of it to occur is 20% compared to your Glacial stuns.
    As someone from the opposing end of Banish (the name for the Abandonment curse), can you let me know whether or not your healing effects are absolutely null during the curse period... or is it just that you can't get healed during that period but all heals prior to the curse still take place?

The chance for Glacial stuns is 21%, so yeah I think its a pretty fair comparison lol

As for banish, I'm not quite sure what your question is, but my understanding is when it lands it removes all heals and acts as a 100% heal effect debuff, so any heals on the target just do nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    As for banish, I'm not quite sure what your question is, but my understanding is when it lands it removes all heals and acts as a 100% heal effect debuff, so any heals on the target just do nothing.

This is true.
  • wickedlynicewickedlynice Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    hey thx for posting ur rebel priest guide.
    im relatively new and have a lvl20 elf priest on eryda in the first server
    hit me up my name is Daethdar
  • Meqima - LionheartMeqima - Lionheart Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    They ain't broke. Rebels are rebels, going against what is expected from them - this case, healing - it doesn't matter if they "work" or not. Who the f--- rolls a rebel priest anyways other than mage wannabes?
    Everything that I say is either spam, meaningless, or spam. You've been warned.
  • Averyi - IllyfueAveryi - Illyfue Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    They ain't broke. Rebels are rebels, going against what is expected from them - this case, healing - it doesn't matter if they "work" or not. Who the f--- rolls a rebel priest anyways other than mage wannabes?

Actually glacial priests are for that. ;]
  • cureaustriacureaustria Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i dont have skilled the lv75 atkbuff deleting skill,
    so i got spare points for the immunity from glacial with LoS

and with this ability i can make the most difficult kills

redhand rebell with LoS is like a bomb, it could be 10 enemys,
    you are able to throw redhand aoe on evrything and **** down the most dangerous one^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8LwhwHQsmU

last scene is where you can see why selfheal is one of the most important things,
    and no selfheal is not the same rebel and glacial
    -red rune energy from 1 upwards heals, in glacial not

and the biggest disadvantage of glacial, he stuns only if enemy is below 50% HP OR
    "slowed"

that means, you need at least 2 skills for a possibility for stun (and thats not easy with damn long skill casts^^)
    edited January 2014

and the biggest disadvantage of glacial, he stuns only if enemy is below 50% HP OR
    "slowed"

that means, you need at least 2 skills for a possibility for stun (and thats not easy with damn long skill casts^^)

Yeah that's wrong.

Glacial stuns only on slowed players, but our AoE is 100% chance to slow and can stun on the same skill that slows.

Also the 50% HP? I'm guessing you're talking about the dyos' 40 nature skill? That's targets below 50% mana not HP.

I'm always impressed at how you're both so arrogant and ignorant at the same time.

EDIT: Why did you even bring up Glacials? This is a thread purely about rebels and their skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014
    "gesundheit" means "health in english T;Sly

21tvhlJEsLGa.JPG

didnt tested it, didnt read the english client version,
    could be wrong, could be right -but here its written in this version
    (have no 40 blue enregy or the gold to buy these runes just4fun xD)

and about the aoe, its not an aoe, its an front attack 90 degree in front
    -aoe would hit in an 18m circle

the only real aoe youv got is with light mastery

and me is talking about glacials because you told in this thread that they would have same selfheal, but thats definitly wrong (speedbuff heals in rebel true for example or red energy heals while attacking)

EDITED it to a more friendly way^^
    edited February 2014

and about the aoe, its not an aoe, its an front attack 90 degree in front
    -aoe would hit in an 18m circle

the only real aoe youv got is with light mastery

and me is talking about glacials because you told in this thread that they would have same selfheal, but thats definitly wrong (speedbuff heals in rebel true for example or red energy heals while attacking)

EDITED it to a more friendly way^^

AoE just means area of effect, hits more than one target=AoE

As for your point about heals and rune energy, if you'd bother to look at the dates of the post in this thread before you replied you'd have seen that the post you're talking about is over 2 years old, rune energy and soul power didn't even exist at that point.

Warming wind really isn't worth the the talent points, for almost any situation LoH is better. In terms of healing its effect is pretty negligible in your overall heal output even if you do have it talented.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014
    now realy interested in this energy 40 blue effectivness
    what is it now, hp or mana which must be under 50%

edit
    client is updating since 10min cant take whole night hopefully Xd

edit2
    TXfHgeqE3r9z.jpg

shame on the translaters its realy mana T;Frozen