pet or gear?

Rhugiga - Storm Legion
Rhugiga - Storm Legion Posts: 226 Arc User
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
so i have been pondering this lately and i figured i would like to know what others would pick.

spend 4D

to get a lvl 70 tier pet with lvl 10 talents in hp, att, and def, as well at spending any exra coin to open skill slots.

-or-

buy star crystals to upgrade gear to open up the third slots on all pieces, then using extra coin to put gems into those slots

so, what would you do?
Post edited by Rhugiga - Storm Legion on
<"Its not a success unless someone fails">
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• WerePetar - Illyfue
    WerePetar - Illyfue Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    gear becuse pet isnt to god in dungenes
  • YggdrasiI - Storm Legion
    YggdrasiI - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Gear > pet unless your gear is already completely satisfactory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[YOU- drah- sil]
    If you want to shorten my name, don't call me 'Ygg.' Call me 'Mana.'

Grandia: Unity ☆ Teamwork ☆ Friendship I]grandia-storm.com/[/I
    ~~~~~~~~~~{ Never get left behind again. }~~~~~~~~~~
  • CuteNDeadl - Storm Legion
    CuteNDeadl - Storm Legion Posts: 2,401 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    gear, definitely. good gear is very important at later levels.
  • XproximaX - Illyfue
    XproximaX - Illyfue Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Think about this:

Without good gear, you die. When you die, your awesome pawsome pet goes too.
    WITH good gear, you do not die, and your pet should not either, whether its a bad or good pet. Not to mention, you can also ''upgrade'' your pets.
  • BringerOfL - Nyos
    BringerOfL - Nyos Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Actually depends...
    Of course gear is more important than the pet, but you will need better gear/gems until you get level 3 wings, which is going to take a while. And who said that you need to make your pet perfect?
    For example a pet with 3k attack and brute force I would give you more attack than ragefire IV.
    Or level II deflection gives 12 evasion, though i believe level IV gem is 13.
    And to get them is way cheaper than the gems. So i would say to put some of your money in your pet for some nice skills, and the rest of them for gear.
  • RudeBarb - Storm Legion
    RudeBarb - Storm Legion Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    BOTH..but depends on your playing style doesnt it,,,

You can get an Aldala for 25 - 30g now NP,, good enough pet..
    You can get it to 20/20/20 fairly cheap
    You can crack the 3rd slot with Crappy skills
    BUY mana leech III and LOCK it for 1D give or take

and still have 2.5 D ( give or take ) for gear ...

You DONT wanna waste a lot of money on lv 70 stuff cause lvl 75+ stuff comes up really fast

My advice ( get all stout gear =15k HP + with gems )

GL a buncha noobies from the lvl up to 50 event for gems

and in 3 weeks to a month your gonna have a good start on your lvl 75+ gear
  • Rhugiga - Storm Legion
    Rhugiga - Storm Legion Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    ive already got a pet with 10/10/10 but upgrading to the 70 tier pet would get that pet alot more hp, att, and def.

i already have my 75 set with 15k base hp. all of my gear has 2 slots unlocked and only 2 pieces dont have gems in them.

only problem is soul transfering my pet talents is gonna cost me 3.5d not including the scrolls needed. im a mage, and i would be making hte pet a tanking/buffing pet. im wondering if it would be better to work on the pet or boost my own stats up since the lvl 80 tier pets (if there are going to be any) wont be coming out until mid summer or later
    <"Its not a success unless someone fails">
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PostgreSQL - Eyrda
    PostgreSQL - Eyrda Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Pet all the way is what i would go. But thats just me
    [SIGPIC]http://rcupload.com/images/QeRFD.png[/SIGPIC]
    -->MSSQL Is NOT my alt !<--
  • Nyos - Nyos
    Nyos - Nyos Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Who use pets nowadays, i guess depend on your class,
    As assasin, i use pets to get buff, most of the time it just die while buffing me =,,=
    I have priest friend who use pets to kill mob, but in fw there isnt much mob killing stuff other than instance in wich pets usually die fast without heal. Using pets food is kinda a bit waste in my opinion and i rather spend 4D on gear, and if you waiting for next grade gear, spend on mastary.

Dont do like me, as soon as there is some gold, go buy fashion -,-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Claryta - Eyrda
    Claryta - Eyrda Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Who use pets nowadays, i guess depend on your class,
    As assasin, i use pets to get buff, most of the time it just die while buffing me =,,=
    I have priest friend who use pets to kill mob, but in fw there isnt much mob killing stuff other than instance in wich pets usually die fast without heal. Using pets food is kinda a bit waste in my opinion and i rather spend 4D on gear, and if you waiting for next grade gear, spend on mastary.

Dont do like me, as soon as there is some gold, go buy fashion -,-

I would rather buy gems than fashion..
    Fighting in fashion looks stupid..
    Also to OP,
    Pets die fast,i recommend pets just for the buffs...But if you have money for both.go for both..
    Edit:-if your a sin or a mage,gear SHOULD be your first priority..
  • FreakyPrie - Nyos
    FreakyPrie - Nyos Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I would rather buy gems than fashion..
    Fighting in fashion looks stupid..
    Also to OP,
    Pets die fast,i recommend pets just for the buffs...But if you have money for both.go for both..
    Edit:-if your a sin or a mage,gear SHOULD be your first priority..

Lrn2read perhaps? Why you think he says DO NOT do it like him? :rolleyes:

@OP
    In the end it's all a trade off. My Aldala gives me around 5k+ hp, that's more than gemming blood III everywhere and cheaper. On the other hand investing into a good pair of boots is cheaper than invig III again and can give even more hp.

Simply consider your options, see what they give you and how much they cost and pick the one that's most cost efficient at that time.
  • PostgreSQL - Eyrda
    PostgreSQL - Eyrda Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited January 2012

@OP
    In the end it's all a trade off. My Aldala gives me around 5k+ hp, that's more than gemming blood III everywhere and cheaper. On the other hand investing into a good pair of boots is cheaper than invig III again and can give even more hp.

Simply consider your options, see what they give you and how much they cost and pick the one that's most cost efficient at that time.

Can you please explain how your pet gives you 5k HP? Is this a pet skill o: if so please tell me what the name is xD
    [SIGPIC]http://rcupload.com/images/QeRFD.png[/SIGPIC]
    -->MSSQL Is NOT my alt !<--
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    Borsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Invigorate III, from Tamer Lv2 in guild base, costs 2D.

Gives 16% of pet's max HP. (I think, can't be bothered to check not in game yet)
  • FreakyPrie - Nyos
    FreakyPrie - Nyos Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Invigorate III, from Tamer Lv2 in guild base, costs 2D.

Gives 16% of pet's max HP. (I think, can't be bothered to check not in game yet)

16% + 150 (yeah that last part really matters :p)

10/10/10 Aldala which has roughly 33k hp now.
  • p0l3r1
    p0l3r1 Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    If you have decent gear already and plan to do arena I would put at least some money into pets.

I would recomened not to go for 10,10,10 because pets are mainly for buffs not damage. Like get a tank pet for Invigorate 3 or pandy for brute force 2.

I have 3 pets currently and they give 4.5k hp, 250 attack, 110 wind mastery,80 to 4 resistances and 6% crit dodge. Those kind of stats from gems + mastery training would be over 40 diamonds.
  • Claryta - Eyrda
    Claryta - Eyrda Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2012

@OP

I am just stating my opinion..
    -L2Read-
  • Heraldoni - Illyfue
    Heraldoni - Illyfue Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Gear.

Your pet is useless if you can't stay alive for long.
  • IMBALANZE - Lionheart
    IMBALANZE - Lionheart Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    gears are always better than pet...unless you're a venomancer ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Luciferia
    I read CN
    drama aren't far from this siggy