Bond Chains in The Moonlight City quest.

Mael - Storm Legion
Mael - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Quest Tips
Where do I get bond chains in the moonlight city quest? Do I kill specter mutations or the other monsters (speaking of specter mutations, how do I get rid of the ghost shield they all have?)
Post edited by Mael - Storm Legion on
Since when is Tuesday a direction?

Comments

• IMBALANZE - Lionheart
    IMBALANZE - Lionheart Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    there's an item in your inv to use it to get the shells off
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Luciferia
    I read CN
    drama aren't far from this siggy
  • Mael - Storm Legion
    Mael - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    there's an item in your inv to use it to get the shells off

So I do kill the specter mutations? I managed to kill one without a shield (didn't remove it, someone else removed it), but all that happened was a naga ghost appeared, and got no bond chains.
    Since when is Tuesday a direction?
  • kitarro
    kitarro Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This might be a little late but the only solution I have found is to attack the specter with the ghost barrier and use your soulforce. I had the same issue - there is nothing in my bag that allows me to remove the barrier.
  • ArtemusWolf - Lionheart
    ArtemusWolf - Lionheart Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    you get the chains from the little mouse at the bottom of the arena of souls.
  • Alabina - Eyrda
    Alabina - Eyrda Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    So I know that this is a REALLY old thread, but the 'Moonlight City' quest was really confusing me too!!

So now that I've finally figured it out, I thought I'd share here that you're supposed to be killing the "Soulbound Beasts!" Only the Soulbound Beasts drop the Bond Chains. They are the monsters that have the orange-yellow glow, NOT the blue ones that have the Naga Ghost animation when you kill them.

It's so simple I can't believe I didn't figure it out sooner! But the quest description is very vague. :P Hope this info saves someone some frustration!
  • hartache
    hartache Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well, I have killed Soulbounds and Specers that didn't have the shields up, neither of these has dropped any for me.There were some Horrific ones around that I killed and got 3 for 3 on...The only issue now is, they aren't re-spawning, there are no more, and I'm only half through. I have no clue how to make then spawn.I thought maybe killing the Soulbounds and leaving the conteseted ones that spawn after, but that dont seem to work either.