Limited Times for Regular (Not just cracked) Fissure Instances?

Darksiren - Storm Legion
Darksiren - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
With all the hate PWE gets for have event only at limited times rather than just being open whenever, they decide to add limited times to a set of instance which now (pre-patch) we could enter around the clock?
Times Changed for Fissure dungeons, both the fissure and the normal varieties will now be open at the following times: 6:30-7:00, 9:30-10:00, 12:30-13:00, 15:30-16:00, 18:30-19:00

Why are they adding a time restriction to being able to enter standard:
Tomb of Glory
Wraith Castle (Floor 1)
Wraith Castle (Floor 2)
Tower of Sorcery (Water Prison)
Tower of Sorcery (Chamber of Wind)
Tower of Sorcery (Halls of Agony)
Tower of Sorcery (Shrine of Light)

Its hard enough to get into our instances. We have to live on a schedule for GT, Arena, LCS, Weekly Events, Fishing, etc...

Now we have to deal with this **** for fissures also?
Post edited by Darksiren - Storm Legion on

Comments

• onecrappyrig
    onecrappyrig Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I has to agree here. Gathering a decent party at higher levels is already a hassle and pugging just doesn't seem to work very well anymore.
  • Darksiren - Storm Legion
    edited October 2011
    Not to mention, only 30 minute windows. a good 3/4 of the people who play either work or have school. The ONLY window that works is 18:30-19:00 (6:30-7pm) for 3/4s of the population. Thats Horrible. I have 2 main characters. I guess i can only possibly do a fissure on one of them. Guess i'm screwed if its a World Lucky quest. This hurts way too large of a portion of the population. The windows are too small and too inaccessible for the large normal portion of players (not talking about odd or extreme schedules even).
  • moshemaman28
    moshemaman28 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    i think they talking about the cracked times
  • Darksiren - Storm Legion
    edited October 2011
    i think they talking about the cracked times

to which i respond with this quote:
    Times Changed for Fissure dungeons, both the fissure and the normal varieties

also
    kinda curious as to what this means:
    -Times Changed for Fissure dungeons, both the fissure and the normal varieties will now be open at the following times: 6:30-7:00, 9:30-10:00, 12:30-13:00, 15:30-16:00, 18:30-19:00
    -Hall of Aspen and Shrine of Light will only grant Soul Chalices for completing a Guild Affair Quest.

HoA doesn't give chalices so does this mean it does now? Also this means the ones we que for in T are now only going to be open at certain times? >.<

Yes to both

Its not just the cracked varieties
  • Baby - Storm Legion
    Baby - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Yeah, it kinda sucks having to plan everything to pwe's schedule instead of writing your own. Sucks for people who cant play on a normal schedule especially.

Conversely, it may make finding a party easier if there is limited times for entering.
    Baby
    Soul Marksman
    Storm Server
    Leader of Legit

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Infralight - Storm Legion
    Infralight - Storm Legion Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Yeah, it kinda sucks having to plan everything to pwe's schedule instead of writing your own. Sucks for people who cant play on a normal schedule especially.

^^ pretty much O_O

BTW, Baby, your new siggy... *dies* zomg it's so cute!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

''There is no wrath above the wrath of a woman''
  • Shinner - Lionheart
    Shinner - Lionheart Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I have to agree the times are bad. If there was more times at the night or they were open longer it would be different. Ending them at 7pm is bad anyway you look at it. Most of my guild members do not even start playing till around 6:30-8pm due to putting kids down for bed, school or work. Unless the events were fixed and now give chalices for people 75+ its going to be a very long time before any of them can get enough for their skills. >.<
  • ossify
    ossify Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    maybe they will show up in the new shylia market, hence the limited time slots. if not, it'll be too bad, i'll probably get 2 chalices per week :-|
  • BiGG - Lionheart
    BiGG - Lionheart Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    This makes no sense at all, most people play in the evening and cutting it off at 19:00 just means a lot will miss it from here on.

Its not hard to get parties, world chat works very well if your guild doesnt fill it up. Is the player base really shrinking that much that they see a need for this?
    Proud member of Pride
  • Sthen - Illyfue
    Sthen - Illyfue Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Its not hard to get parties, world chat works very well if your guild doesnt fill it up. Is the player base really shrinking that much that they see a need for this?

The playerbase isn't shrinking that much, it's just that more people either go afk, or play on their lowbie alts, or just wait for the next game that's in the stables ....
  • XSparkagex - Lionheart
    XSparkagex - Lionheart Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Do u guys feel that the new patcher downloads slow? do tellme that im wrong :eek: o.o it says 1 hour cos downloading it manualy?
  • LeiaFriday - Illyfue
    LeiaFriday - Illyfue Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I have to agree - this is the stupidest move I could imagine.

This wipes out 90% of our guild actually getting into these instances now, as most of us actually have a thing called Real Life that requires us to do a thing called Real Work for 8-9 hours a day - mostly during daylight hours, and families which require a thing called dinner and homework and personal attention... most get to settle down to play after 7-8 pm in the evenings!

Our Guild runs all the instances we can in the evenings to farm gear for our members, skill scrolls and glasses for our members, farm drops for scavanging etc, including GT teams in the times allowed. Then we still need to fit in a guild CF, dailies and Base Quests, not to mention any main quests.

What brain [email protected] cause this change, I cannot begin to imagine ... I can only think that the one who thought of this is rich enough not to need to work for a living/ unemployed with all day to play/ under 16 and staying away from school... pure stupidity for a game relying on cash shop income to survive - The ones with the money to spend are, in the majority, "WORKING STIFFS"
  • ragna2x
    ragna2x Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    More chance to find boss in cracked instance. Btw will be good a 21.30-22.00 time too.
  • wildbull
    wildbull Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    ** throws hat into the same ring as most everyone else **

PWE, Me think you just !@#$%^&amp;*() up ,,,,,,,,,

really a Time Limit on entering Instances ??

REALLY ?

Someone at PWE made a typo ?? ??

Hit a Wrong Button ? ? ?

Someone thinks this time limit will make PWE more money in Cash Shop ??

Me thinks they has Marbles rolling around loose in thier head!!
  • Aely - Illyfue
    Aely - Illyfue Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    thanks for the love of god!
    whit a more small window for apply to these istances, will be more easy find a party^^
    all the players who are interested will apply during the open time
  • Gvantsa - Eyrda
    Gvantsa - Eyrda Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Bleh. Not happy about this. I'm usually busy because of classes and such. I like playing when I can not when PWE tells me to
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • strangebunny
    strangebunny Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Edit

Sending Pet to do the SOL run now gives chalice... confirmed
  • IMBALANZE - Lionheart
    IMBALANZE - Lionheart Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    true

I can't get into any fissure type instances because I sort of play in the morning server time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Luciferia
    I read CN
    drama aren't far from this siggy
  • joeybun
    joeybun Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    once you hit level 50 you actually do spend hours trying to get group together just do one instance. they want to put time opens on instances?

i think they believe that people don't go to school, work, or sleep, or have to do other things too.

its hard now getting groups time limt opens will make it impossible. I wouldn't even bother if they time limit instance.

guess they are trying to drive people away to go play other games online. there are lot of them. shrugs shoulders oh well.
  • kerenta
    kerenta Posts: 89
    edited October 2011
    I missed all during the day, I was at work and we always have dinner around 18:30... I finished my dinner faster than my family (they weren't happy about the rush) then I was sitting here at 18:50, guild friends left for Fissure already and no random party started for 10 minutes, I ran out of time. I couldn't do my lucky quest, great, really. I'll just eat my dinner in peace from now on. They better change this **** back to normal ASAP.
  • strangebunny
    strangebunny Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Edit

Sending Pet to do the SOL run now gives chalice... confirmed

:eek:
  • Sadisticlove - Eyrda
    Sadisticlove - Eyrda Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    When I got on, I noticed a thirty minute time window for FISSURE instances. Not only does it take about ten minutes to get a party for HoA sorted out and situated, but then the instance takes about fifteen or twenty minutes? Right there is thirty minutes, eating up your "time slot" for the instance. 1/3 runs. Believe it or not, some people have lives and can't hit the other time slots. This really upsets me to the point where the game is virtually unplayable. I had a hard enough time scheduling around the GT times. Now fissures too? Whats next, a time slot for glistening lowland? The whole expansion is mostly useless, lots should just be changed back. I won't go on a rant about the other ****, but the time slot for fissures its pretty stupid. TY PWE for something else to constraint and limit the number of people who can actually play.:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sadisticlove - Lv80 Dark Sin
    Sadisticluna - Lv80 Divine Priest
    Ailnayar - Lv76 Inferno Vamp
    DoinYourDad - Lv73 Lightning Mage
  • elvithar
    elvithar Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    It's pretty bad tbh. Im only lv39 and i generally ran the tomb of glory fissure 3 times everyday, because it was the one i could queue for and it would pop up eventually while i played. It was also nice to do for guild merit points and the occasional World Luck quest. Today i tried to queue for it the second the window opened, 30mins passed and i never got a group...

Im just not seeing it happening anymore unless we preform groups ahead of time, which is a hassle cause you need to waste flutes when it shouldnt be needed. Flutes arent that common at lower level.

I simply see no valid reason to have made this change to the game, limiting everything just makes the game boring. There is already very little to do past doing the couple dailies we have, removing more accessible content is a silly idea.
  • kerenta
    kerenta Posts: 89
    edited October 2011
    @Sadisticlove: If you get into Fissure in the last 2 minutes, you can do it until the end, the time spent in the instance is not limited. But yeah, the current times for it are just not good. Normal people are at work / school and 18:30 is dinner time. They should add more times for late night and increase the 30 min wait time to an hour. I am sitting in training grounds atm, nothing to do because I finished my dailies. : /
  • boiallods
    boiallods Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    well, i just did SoL on a lv79 mage. i didnt have the option on my guild menu to get the guild affair for it, so yeah... i didnt get a chalice >.<
  • Sadisticlove - Eyrda
    Sadisticlove - Eyrda Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    kerenta wrote: »
    @Sadisticlove: If you get into Fissure in the last 2 minutes, you can do it until the end, the time spent in the instance is not limited. But yeah, the current times for it are just not good. Normal people are at work / school and 18:30 is dinner time. They should add more times for late night and increase the 30 min wait time to an hour. I am sitting in training grounds atm, nothing to do because I finished my dailies. : /
    I know I know, but my point is. If it takes you that long to form a party then do the instance, how in the world are you going to do the other two runs without hitting another time slot? It's impossible to xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sadisticlove - Lv80 Dark Sin
    Sadisticluna - Lv80 Divine Priest
    Ailnayar - Lv76 Inferno Vamp
    DoinYourDad - Lv73 Lightning Mage
  • catonda
    catonda Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Great,now there are no fissures available during the times I normally play,thx PWE
  • Orissa - Illyfue
    Orissa - Illyfue Posts: 496 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    That's SICK. If I want to enter WP, I have to wait for many hours until I'll find at least 2 people through WC or 4 people through auto-queue. Even when fissures are one of World Luck tasks, it's still very hard to find a group. Now it's just impossible. Thank you very much for that "improvement"....
  • MaidService - Storm Legion
    MaidService - Storm Legion Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    really funny how PWE made it harder for people to level up? might as well turn off the 3 X exp too. I would have figured PWE would have found and easier way to make parties so people leveled up faster and had to buy new gears which would mean they had to upgrade them. how? with cash shop items of couse how else if your leveling out of your gear fast you have to make new stuff, higher the level the better the gear you need the more money paid out for zen.

Time limits on the easiest way to level up? better start selling level 3 gems in cash shop you will make a fortune in zen sales. or lose 1\2 your clients. some of the changes that have been made are great, others just suck big lemon so hard its mind boggling someone actually said, " Hey thats a great Idea, slow down chars leveling ability"
  • blackdead123
    blackdead123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Good Bye Sol QQ only last timing wud fit for me if i wudnt have 1 mil other things to do at this time ><
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby :)