Thinking of an Precision MM

Cheshires - Illyfue
Cheshires - Illyfue Posts: 121 Arc User
edited October 2011 in Marksman Discussion
Hey hey im just made an mm alt becuase i remember i loved to play stile of mm in cb, since that time tho i never made a new mm and well im totally lost on the class again.

The way im planning to go on my mm is that one of a slightly damage based,enjoyable to instance with, so percision came to mind. Only one problem i havent found any sugestions for this tree so hoping that somoene could post it. Other tips are welcoem to ofc ;)
Post edited by Cheshires - Illyfue on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Im not crazy,My reallity is just diffrent from yours "

Official Couch potato pirate with the mission of invading the world with madness >3

Comments

• Axym - Lionheart
    Axym - Lionheart Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I'm not a prec mm, so take my build with a grain of salt.

http://www.aesica.net/fw/?race=0&profession=0&level=80&talent=521534440024032330200332231||

This is my pve build though, you might want to play with it a little to get some of the pvp oriented talents. I thing I would like to ask the other mm's though is does Soul Focus actually make a difference? When I first built this I thought it decreased the mana over all, and I guess it's only during soul catching which since prec doesn't really have talents devoted/for soul catching this seems kinda odd.... I mean, at least 2 points I understand for the def debuff, but are all 4 points worth it?

Just my two cents.

Also: if anyone has any issues with my build, please tell me what and why. I have a friend who's trying the game, not a clue as to what talents to put where and this is the build I showed him. I understand that he'll find out for himself, but it'd better if he wasn't discouraged by building himself "wrong"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As long as I'm captain, the rum shall never be gone.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes courtesy of Deltatroopa
  • Cheshires - Illyfue
    Cheshires - Illyfue Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Thanks atleast its a lill rock in the sea to hold on to, and dw i dont pvp at all nromally get to nervous and prob would shoot myself instead of my target ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Im not crazy,My reallity is just diffrent from yours "

Official Couch potato pirate with the mission of invading the world with madness >3
  • IMBALANZE - Lionheart
    IMBALANZE - Lionheart Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    why do you say it's better?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Luciferia
    I read CN
    drama aren't far from this siggy
  • Axym - Lionheart
    edited September 2011
    majinjack wrote: »

Since this is a discussion, and I already said I'm not a prec mm so I can't say for sure mine's any good, mind telling me EXACTLY why yours is better than mine? Honestly you just saying "better" really doesn't say anything, you don't discuss any skills/talents/strategies as to why yours is better. I already posted that I'm not entirely confident in my build, mind expanding a little?

/rant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mrfuzzleworth
    mrfuzzleworth Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I'm gonna dig this up on account of being a prec MM, currently level 4x. I'm angling towards PvP. I gotta say, I also thought majinjack's talent tree was better, by which I mean it was a lot closer to what I was planning.

A few questions though:
    Fierce impact: Is it worth taking? It looks awesome to me, but neither of you included it. Is it simply not worth the talent points, or is it actually a must for PvP?

Does encourage also affect you, or just your allies? I'm assuming it affects you as well, but I just want to be 100% sure, lest I face a nasty surprise.

Is burst fire any good? I'd imagine you need to sink 3 talent points into it in order for it to be useful. And once you do, is it worth it? If it wasn't for pulse shot and exo bullet then I would be inclined to think that a 12% chance to reset some cooldowns isn't enough to spend 3 talent points on, but I'd like to know.

Yeah, that's about it. Any answers would be appreciated.
  • Axym - Lionheart
    edited October 2011
    I'm gonna dig this up on account of being a prec MM, currently level 4x. I'm angling towards PvP. I gotta say, I also thought majinjack's talent tree was better, by which I mean it was a lot closer to what I was planning.

A few questions though:
    Fierce impact: Is it worth taking? It looks awesome to me, but neither of you included it. Is it simply not worth the talent points, or is it actually a must for PvP?

Does encourage also affect you, or just your allies? I'm assuming it affects you as well, but I just want to be 100% sure, lest I face a nasty surprise.

Is burst fire any good? I'd imagine you need to sink 3 talent points into it in order for it to be useful. And once you do, is it worth it? If it wasn't for pulse shot and exo bullet then I would be inclined to think that a 12% chance to reset some cooldowns isn't enough to spend 3 talent points on, but I'd like to know.

Yeah, that's about it. Any answers would be appreciated.

1) your 4x. I don't know if you have another main, but if 4x is your main then my lvl 70+ ideas of how MM's run in instances might be sufficent. I was going to rant about this, but decided against it.
    2) I said in my first post my build is PVE oriented. I know nothing about pvp nor pvp talents ergo, my build is more of a ST destroyer.
    3) No offense, just because someone agreed with you doesn't mean your right :rolleyes: Also, thanks for telling me exactly what was wrong with my build.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mrfuzzleworth
    edited October 2011
    1) your 4x. I don't know if you have another main, but if 4x is your main then my lvl 70+ ideas of how MM's run in instances might be sufficent. I was going to rant about this, but decided against it.
    2) I said in my first post my build is PVE oriented. I know nothing about pvp nor pvp talents ergo, my build is more of a ST destroyer.
    3) No offense, just because someone agreed with you doesn't mean your right :rolleyes: Also, thanks for telling me exactly what was wrong with my build.

I decided not to go into detail about what was wrong with whose build because it would detract from the main idea of my post, which was the questions. It seems to me that you have some huge issue with poor uninformed me thinking someone else's talent tree was better for PvP than your PvE talent tree.

Anyway, here's exactly what struck me as dumb about your yours:

1. Only one point in swift soul trap. With some of the things you spent other points on, surely you could afford to drop more this way. With only one point, I expect you'll find yourself struggling with soul bullets.

2. Two points in solid shot, yet four points in soul focus. FaW is a fast-casting, low cooldown, relatively low damage skill. You're much better off investing in more in solid shot. You won't even notice the mana saved by soul focus, and without solid shot, FaW doesnt do enough damage to justify spending so many talent points on increased crit chance from SF.

3. Soulforce return. Three points poorly spent.

4. Two points in master sniper, yet none in fierce impact. Again, like I said, I don't know exactly how useful fierce impact is, but I'm guessing its quite handy in PvP. I know you made it to be more PvE focused, but that just makes 2 points in master sniper even more baffling. I can't see that being overly useful in PvE. Correct me if I'm wrong.

5. This is a more personal opinion, and both you and majin were the same on this one, but I would only put one point into contact. The way I see it, talent points are too sparse to justify spending two on a 1% improved crit chance.

Those were the things that jumped out at me. My own tree is still a bit up in the air, pending answers to my questions. You quite clearly have no idea how to answer any of them, Axym, so I guess I'll wait for someone who does.
  • honeyplum
    honeyplum Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    [QUOTE=

I.[/QUOTE]

Encourage affects you and your allies, however it it based on their stats not yours, so if you have 400 acc and your party mate has 300 acc, you would have a higher increase in damage.

btw im a pure precision build.
  • IMBALANZE - Lionheart
    edited October 2011
    encourage is AOE

anyway I think we got a troll who says random things and then run off leaving the thread in hot flaming

let's just stop this and move on to the soul thread :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Luciferia
    I read CN
  • mrfuzzleworth
    edited October 2011
    anyway I think we got a troll who says random things and then run off leaving the thread in hot flaming
    [/QUOTE]

Oh, I wouldn't call Axym a troll, and she certainly didn't run off.

I kid. Er.. anyway. Good to know about encourage.

Is fierce impact any good?
  • Honeyplum - Storm Legion
    Honeyplum - Storm Legion Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    encourage is AOE

encouage is an AOE, ,16 meter range affecting all party members within it and also affects yourself the caster, and continues until mana depleted or you shut it off.

cheers : )
  • Axym - Lionheart
    edited October 2011
    I decided not to go into detail about what was wrong with whose build because it would detract from the main idea of my post, which was the questions. It seems to me that you have some huge issue with poor uninformed me thinking someone else's talent tree was better for PvP than your PvE talent tree.

Anyway, here's exactly what struck me as dumb about your yours:

1. Only one point in swift soul trap. With some of the things you spent other points on, surely you could afford to drop more this way. With only one point, I expect you'll find yourself struggling with soul bullets.

2. Two points in solid shot, yet four points in soul focus. FaW is a fast-casting, low cooldown, relatively low damage skill. You're much better off investing in more in solid shot. You won't even notice the mana saved by soul focus, and without solid shot, FaW doesnt do enough damage to justify spending so many talent points on increased crit chance from SF.

3. Soulforce return. Three points poorly spent.

4. Two points in master sniper, yet none in fierce impact. Again, like I said, I don't know exactly how useful fierce impact is, but I'm guessing its quite handy in PvP. I know you made it to be more PvE focused, but that just makes 2 points in master sniper even more baffling. I can't see that being overly useful in PvE. Correct me if I'm wrong.

5. This is a more personal opinion, and both you and majin were the same on this one, but I would only put one point into contact. The way I see it, talent points are too sparse to justify spending two on a 1% improved crit chance.

Those were the things that jumped out at me. My own tree is still a bit up in the air, pending answers to my questions. You quite clearly have no idea how to answer any of them, Axym, so I guess I'll wait for someone who does.

First off, sorry if I seemed snappy, I am new at the Prec build and so I suppose I was asking for help too and I felt no one really wanted to help. (on a side note I was also having a bad week so again, sry :/) I like to make educated decisions about talent points and wanted a "discussion" rather than "this is right and that is wrong." On that note, thank you for your input and when I play more with my alt/build, I'll hopefully be able to get back to you. But before than other high level prec mm's will probably be more help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IMBALANZE - Lionheart
    edited October 2011

Is fierce impact any good?[/QUOTE]

majinjack. I'm talking about majinjack

-.-

readbeforeposting
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Luciferia
    I read CN
  • simspec
    simspec Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Let me try clear a few things up for some people.
    And people, we're all on the same side here.

Solid Shot

If you're going to use an earth oriented tree, max the points here,
    so that you'll do decent damage end game.

Fierce Impact

BEFORE PATCH
    (100% chance) 30s sleep, 30s cd, 5s cast

AFTER PATCH
    (~30% chance) 10s sleep, 30s cd, 5s cast

I hardly think it's worth the 3 points

Encourage

On average, it'll deduct around 10 mana every second,

600 mana every minute,
    6k mana every 10 minutes

MM builds aren't great.

With 14 points in Burst you can have an additional aoe.
    Or 10 points in Soul for acc increment, to improve the aura.

Mix things up a little, the only way to play this ^^
  • Axym - Lionheart
    edited October 2011

:confused::confused: me troll? never!

;) lol I may try to if you read some other posts, but I fail miserably lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Patty_ - Eyrda
    Patty_ - Eyrda Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    simspec wrote: »
    Fierce Impact

BEFORE PATCH
    (100% chance) 30s sleep, 30s cd, 5s cast

AFTER PATCH
    (~30% chance) 10s sleep, 30s cd, 5s cast

I hardly think it's worth the 3 points

Oh really?
  • simspec
    edited October 2011
    For a 5s cast, you're not going to bother wasting the time if it doesn't activate.
  • Patty_ - Eyrda
    Patty_ - Eyrda Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Where did you get the information about 30% chance? It just requires a target with 75%+HP, then it activates. Also, extreme sniping is a skill with nice range - 27m during crackshot time. Nothing hard to make it work if used as initial move.
  • simspec
    edited October 2011
    I tested it PVE on mobs with 100% hp.

For me, it was either bugged, or seems nerfed.
  • mrfuzzleworth
    edited October 2011

majinjack. I'm talking about majinjack

-.-

readbeforeposting

I was kidding about Axym being the troll... hence me saying "I kid". Apparently that was still a li'l too subtle for some of us playing the home game. Read before posting?

Anywho, if fierce shot is only a 30% chance, then I'm sure as hell not gonna throw 3 talent points at it. But that's an if. Maybe it applied the damage before the effect, bringing 70% of mobs below 75% hp?
  • simspec
    edited October 2011
    That's quite probable, but it did not work this way beforehand :/