test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Guide] Mystic Diciple - Riddles

Julia_VII - Storm LegionJulia_VII - Storm Legion Posts: 120 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Quest Tips
Last Updated - 18 December 2011

I searched the forums and found nothing alike this, so I will start this thread to help others as well as myself find the answers for the Mystic Disciple's riddles.

Confirmed Questions and Answers:

Question: I'm always cut on the table, yet nobody wants to eat me. What am I?
Answer: A deck of Cards
Thanks to LeiaFriday from Illyfue for confirming this

Question: There are holes on top of me, holes on the bottom of me and holes on the sides of me, but I'm really good at holding water. What am I?
Answer: A sponge
Thanks to Lurrah from Lionheart for confirming this

Question: The person that makes me doesn't want me, the person that buys me, doesn't use me and the person that uses me never sees me. What am I?
Answer: A Casket.

Question: What is the name of the Lionheart Champions reputation agent garrisoned at Freedom Harbor?
Answer: Sophia the Lionheart.

Question: I am the most powerful force in the world. I can rust metal, topple mountains and I can kill every person on the planet. What am I?
Answer: The ravages of time.

Question: My yesterday is Wednesday's tomorrow. My tomorrow is Sunday's yesterday. What am I?
Answer: Friday

Question: According to Erydian lore, there is one item that can remove the curse inflicted by a werewolf bite. What is it?
Answer: An Angel's Blessing flower.

Question: I am under your feet almost every day. No matter how fast you run, I can keep up. I always seem to disappear under the midday sun. What am I?
Answer: My shadow.

Question: How many kinds of Ratkin is there on Eyrda?
Answer: 2
Thanks to Elerthea from Lionheart for confirming this

Question: Which of the following professions is unsuitable for humans to practice?
Answer:Vampires
Thanks to Elerthea from Lionheart for confirming this

Question: My only purpose in life is to consume everything I come into contact with. Everything I touch becomes red instantly. What am I?
Answer: Fire
Thanks to ZephyrFalcon from Illyfue and bohdmg for confirming this

Question: I got 100 feets, but can not stand. I have a long neck but no head. What am I?
Answer: A Broom
Thanks to thedeadstar for confirming this

Question: Who threatens the continent of Oeste?
Answer: The Storm Legion
Thanks to thedeadstar for confirming this

Big-**** Question: A green room contains a white room.
The white room contains a red room.
The red room contains a black spot.
I am the spot
What am I?
Answer: A Watermelon Seed
Thanks to thedeadstar for confirming the answer, and lan6000 for the complete question

Question: What race of creatures stole the goods form Jerry's caravan on Kalaires Plain?
Answer: The Ratkin
Thanks to LeiaFriday from Illyfue and thedeadstar and for confirming the answer

Question: How many people do you usually see loitering about on Charlie's Tavern?
Answer: 13
Thanks to shadowhawke for confirming the answer

Question: While on my way to Freedom Harbor, I saw a wealthy noble with seven wives. Each of his wives had seven sons, and each of his seven sons had seven servants. How many people traveled to Freedom Harbor in that group?
Answer: Just one
Thanks to Rocallis from Illyfue for confirming the answer

----

I will rely on the help from the community to fill up and complete this guide, if you have anything to add, constructive criticism, go ahead and let me know.
Post edited by Julia_VII - Storm Legion on

Comments

• Julia_VII - Storm LegionJulia_VII - Storm Legion Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Questions under discussion:
    Warning: the following answers are still under discussion, and therefore might not be accurate.

There are currently no questions under discussion. The following is just a template.

Question: 1+1?
    Answer: (?)
    Answer discussion: Might be 2, dunno.
  • LeiaFriday - IllyfueLeiaFriday - Illyfue Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Great idea for a guide! I looked for one myself lol

Here is one I screenied:

Question: "I'm always cut on the table, yet nobody wants to eat me. What am I?"

Answer: A deck of Cards

Answer was tested as correct.
  • Lurrah - LionheartLurrah - Lionheart Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Nice ^__^ I'm currently hunting this sucker down. Any chance we can get some kind of known locations list?

I know a few of the riddles, but I don't know the exact wording...

"There are holes on top of me, holes on the bottom of me and holes on the sides of me, but I'm really good at holding water" Answer, a sponge.

"The person that makes me doesn't want me, the person that buys me, doesn't use me and the person that uses me never sees me." Answer, a casket.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2011
    Also, about the tavern loitering question. Don't Amoe, Cissie and Andrew technically work there? I'm just curious if working is considered loitering... I haven't come across this question yet -__-

What I know, is that there are three people on the first table on the right, Dalber, George York and Danjerika Owen. The next table to the left has Jon and Seth sitting at it, and Wott standing next to it. Further to the left Esa Geo is standing next to a table, and to the left of her Manki and a random Drunkard sit at a table. So nine loiterers.

I agree that it's odd to count Charlie, but if you don't count him, shouldn't you disregard the other workers as well? ((Might not be the game's logic, but something I thought about))
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2011
    I updated it, and now the Q&A are separated under "Confirmed" and "Under Discussion".

Thanks for all the help!
    edited October 2011
    A few more...

"What is the name of the Linoheart Champions reputation agent garrisoned at Freedom Harbor?" Answer, Sophia the Lionheart.

"I am the most powerful force in the world. I can rust metal, topple mountains and I can kill every person on the planet. What am I?" Answer, The ravages of time.

"My yesterday is Wednesday's tomorrow. My tomorrow is Sunday's yesterday." Answer, Friday.

"According to Erydian lore, there is one item that can remove the curse inflicted by a werewolf bite. What is it?" Answer, An Angel's Blessing flower.

"I am under your feet almost every day. No matter how fast you run, I can keep up. I always seem to disappear under the midday sun. What am I?" Answer, My shadow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Orissa - IllyfueOrissa - Illyfue Posts: 496 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    There are 13 people in the tavern, 12 is wrong answer
    3 kinds of ratkins is also wrong answer
    edited October 2011
    Updated again, thanks for your contribution Lurrah!

@Orissa, we know those are not right, or at least are not the final answers, and thats the reason they are listed on "answers under discussion" instead of "confirmed answers".

You are welcome to post the correct answers for them, if you know them.
  • Nyxa - Storm LegionNyxa - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Gave this a sticky, keep up the great work :D
    [SIGPIC]http://img163.imageshack.us/i/deur0g.png/[/SIGPIC]
    Special thanks to chaosheart27 for the awesome sig
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allan Poe
  • IMBALANZE - LionheartIMBALANZE - Lionheart Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I know this guy appears in eventide cementery at 8.45am and probably 9.15am (can't remember)

anyone marked his locations and timings?

I know he appears there...and at the storm slither area
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Luciferia
    I read CN
    drama aren't far from this siggy
    edited October 2011
    Thanks Nyxa for the sticky :)

@Luciferia I know a couple of his spawn locations, but I dont know the time that they happen. I will make a map in the future with the known places.
    edited October 2011
    AM? They mad?
    I've seen him in storm slither area also late evening, but now I didn't see him for a long time

Locations:
    -Ironclaw Wood - on the mountain, west from Fossicker's Plain trackstone
    -Bonespear Encapment - entrance of the goblins' hole
    -Bloodclaw Encampment - near caravan teleporter
    -Valley of Whispers - fishkin area, near guild base entrance
    -Valley of Whispers - east from Eventide Cemetery, storm slither area
    -Fossicker's Plain - crossing near Path of Buried Bones (near Lifestream Monastery)

Usually he has 2 spawn points in the area, he appears in the first one, next teleports to the second one, so we have around 10 minutes to catch him
    edited October 2011
    eventide cementery - west from the trackstone near the big tree where bloodhunter lian is)
    lifestream monastery - at the foot of the mountain where the pale hunters are
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Luciferia
    I read CN
    edited October 2011
    New informations:
    I've seen him near Valley of Whispers guild trackstone (fishkin area) between 22:49 and 22:52 server time
    There's a question about red thing which eats everything. The answer is fire
    New time: 16:23-16:28 (the same spot, fishkin area)
    New time: 16:28-16:33 (crossing near Path of Buried Bones)
  • tiberium30tiberium30 Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Question: How many people do you usually see loitering about on Charlie's Tavern?

It's not 12. I failed with this answer ;op
  • bohdmgbohdmg Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Question: My only purpose in life is to consume everything...
    Answer: Fire (doh)
    edited October 2011
    tiberium30 wrote: »

It's not 12. I failed with this answer ;op

13 is the correct answer
  • thedeadstarthedeadstar Posts: 201
    edited October 2011
    - 13 persons
    - 2 kind of ratkins - if i remember correctly he asks for some special ratkins, not in generel

Those answers are 100% correct, we had a self made guide in our former forum for every question. We collected 15 Question in total but they are in german

Missing questions (free translation, we didnt wrote down every single word of the question in our guide)

Q: who stole the goods of jerry? (this trading caravan of the first main quest in port kalaires)
    A: ratkins

Q: I got 100 feets, but can not stand. I have a long neck but no head ....
    A: broom

Q: A green room includes a white room [..] what am I?
    A: watermelon seed

Q: which rank got hugo sutherland?
    A: in german its Brigadegeneral and not general (thats his title above his head-.-) - well find out yourself, not sure about the right translation

Q: which class humans can not be?
    A: Vampires

Q: who threatens the continent oeste?
    A: storm legion

Should be all, you just need to write down now the questions word by word next time you will see him.

greetings, VDAlaine (Dyos) :P
    Shinis
    Tong Lv86
    Server: Jian [DE]
  • lan6000lan6000 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Found one near fishkin sage in valley of whispers. West of Dodo

Question was:
    A green room contains a white room.
    The white room contains a red room.
    The red room contains a black spot.
    I am the spot
    What am I?

I dont know the answer
    edited October 2011
    pffff LEARN2READ

it's just 1 post above you come on...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Luciferia
    I read CN
  • brian74221brian74221 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    53 2, -4 -12
    Fossicker's Plain

How many different types of Ratkin roam the Kalaires Plain?
    There are 2

Which of the following professions is unsuitable for humans to practice?
    Vampires
    edited October 2011
    There are already the most of locations, coords are just nothing, I've said he has usually 2 spots in the same area. He's mainly seen during trade runs. And players should know names of sub-locations, it's useful during events and special quests. I don't write new infos in new posts, it will make this thread spammed as hell
  • Kuroraikou - LionheartKuroraikou - Lionheart Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2011

I picked the biggest number and it worked. 13 I believe?
  • ImaOwnYew - EyrdaImaOwnYew - Eyrda Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Other locations that I haven't seen on this forum:
    • Just North of the Ironclaw Wood guild Trackstone, as long as you stay on the hill where the trackstone is you should be able to spot him.
    • By the Elite Little Crab near the Lancet mobs (the ones that look like Storm Messengers) Between the Eventide Cemetery and Storm Slither Spawn spots.

I've also got a request for people who see him. Please look for an NPC near him, as some locations posted here are vague. For instance the Caravan Teleporter one lead us right to him :D He usually spawns within noticeable distance of an NPC.

Btw, as someone has already said, the Answer to the Charlies Tavern Question is 13, so it does include Charlie.
    edited October 2011
    At least one of those locations was mentioned above...

If you want to get the achievement, don't be that lazy and learn damn maps. I've said it 2 or 3 times - he has usually 2 spawn points in a location, coords doesn't make sense. I won't give you nearby NPCs, he usually appears in barren areas. And if I'm looking for him, I'm just running around the main roads with opened map window, all NPCs within 100m are visible. Learn to find NPCs not only by auto-tracker, because it's just poor. I don't know how people can't know the basic map which is important for the most of dailies and events...
  • LeiaFriday - IllyfueLeiaFriday - Illyfue Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    New question I came across:

"What race of creatures stole the goods form Jerry's caravan on Kalaires Plain?"

Answer "It was the Ratkin"

Answer tested as correct.
  • Mickela - EyrdaMickela - Eyrda Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    13 people confirmed.
  • ZephyrFalc - IllyfueZephyrFalc - Illyfue Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Here's One i discovered-
    Question : My only purpose in Life is to consume everything i come into contact with.Everything i touch becomes red instantly.What am i?
    Answer :Fire.

Thanks to ZephyrFalcon from Illyfue.
    ZephyrFalcon - Lvl 6X Edge Sin-EU Illyfue Server
    edited November 2011
    Here's One i discovered-
    Question : My only purpose in Life is to consume everything i come into contact with.Everything i touch becomes red instantly.What am i?
    Answer :Fire.

Thanks to ZephyrFalcon from Illyfue.

self thanking post!

good
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Luciferia
    I read CN
    edited November 2011
    Updated with most recent info given by the community.

Sorry I haven't been very active lately. In truth I actually quit Forsaken World for reasons that I won't discuss here because I don't want to offend any PWE employee.

But I will try to keep this updated whenever I remember (that means when I open my bookmarks on firefox searching for something completely unrelated and see this link)

Thank you all for the help!