Footprint Achievment

salibaby
salibaby Posts: 28 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
So... I've read every single thread on Footprint Cards on here and even read the wiki http://fw-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Footprints#Sea_of_Oblivion. And have come to the conclusion that, this was specifically designed to never be completed.

The Moonlight City card can be gotten via a level 42 quest called "Amid the Ruins" in Lunagrant, mind you it's a 1/3 chance to get the card. I completed it on 12 characters and finally got the card... and it's BOUND. Really? The only other way of getting it is to kill the Dreaded Behemoth World Boss. Which is impossible to do in a decently geared 46 party. And doing it in a higher than level 51 party would nerf the drops so that the card would never be dropped.

Cyclops Conferences (Gloomy) and Alfaesia Temple (Hazed) are also ONLY gotten from World Bosses at their levels.

Secret Beneath the Sand is also impossible to get unless you have a full level 30 winged party going into ToG Fissure.

Does anyone have anymore information on this? If so please post, no matter what it is - anything would be a big help.
Post edited by salibaby on

Comments

• IMBALANZE - Lionheart
    IMBALANZE - Lionheart Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    o.o

are you serious? then this isn't fair...quest that gives cards should be easier to get rather than being lucky to grab it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Luciferia
    I read CN
    drama aren't far from this siggy
  • conterkiller
    conterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    he isn't serious.. he just doesn't know how to get them..

the secret beneath the sand is easy.. it just takes time.. so as the rest..

• salibaby
    edited September 2011
    he isn't serious.. he just doesn't know how to get them..

the secret beneath the sand is easy.. it just takes time.. so as the rest..

She. And I'm very serious. Secret in the Sand is not easy to get. Have you even been in the ToG Fissure? Do you know what a fissure is? We went in there with a team of level 74 characters and even being a level 35 boss, it was NOT a walk in the park. And being 74 it nerfed the drops so obviously, the card did not drop.

And did you not look at the link and read that those cards I mentioned were dropped by world bosses? My guild and I have been trying to get all these stupid cards and it's seeming impossible. I really don't want to neglect my main character in order to gear and gem a level 30 alt and level her up to get the correct items. And I can't do it by myself obviously, and nobody on the server is going to want to go and do the same.

Even if I went and farmed the Dreaded Behemoth with my main, the card will not drop.

If you say I don't know how to get them it'd be appreciated if you told me. I posted this so I could get help and all the people that need it as well - Just first decided to tell everything I know about it in case people put up silly answers. Like getting it from Working Commission. These cards don't come from Daigon.
  • IMBALANZE - Lionheart
    edited September 2011
    the card drops from the rotten corpse in the middle of the place
    I tried to solo it once and it was horrible...every killing of a mob requires me to drink something...during the fight I had to try not to AOE since more than 2 mobs will kill me

you got the darklight cavern card? it's hard to get too...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Luciferia
    I read CN
  • salibaby
    edited September 2011
    What card drops from the rotten corpse in where? Not a lot of detail there o.O

I haven't gotten Caverns yet either - Rare Drop from World Boss Lvl40 Robber Ringleader in Cave of Trance - Cause it's a world boss card. And the Robber Ringleader is lvl 40. My characters are 60+ and you can only be 5 levels above the boss to get a normal drop rate.
  • conterkiller
    edited September 2011
    Lol.. its not hard.. omg..
    i went there with my lowbie 30 smthing.. and an alt healing and was killing just fine.. i just got bored.. but Shyren alrdy got it.. and he did the same thing.. it just takes a long time.. and by long i mean.. a loooooooooooong couple of hrs of constant killing..

• IMBALANZE - Lionheart
    edited September 2011
    conterkiller...we all have a FW life

we don't want to spend hours in an instance trying to get something

it's long enough if I need to spend 1 hour killing the same thing over and over (that's grinding actually) and hope to get something that might not even drop (since they're grey) and then it's not good for our leveling

gotta bring lots of pots too...and probably a few extra crystals since I can't do it

is that card bound...by the way?

secret beneath the sand drops from rotten corpse

I didn't know darklight cavern was from the world boss...I thought that karaslav guy (yea I can't spell) drops it

I vote for footprint cards to be in token shop :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Luciferia
    I read CN
  • IaiStrike - Eyrda
    IaiStrike - Eyrda Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Make a level 35 or so alt and farm the mobs while white named, and bring a high level out of party healer for you.
  • Shyren - Eyrda
    Shyren - Eyrda Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    About Secret Beneath the Sand... you guys aren't too smart, are you? You don't have to farm and kill it with your high level main for **** drop rate.

I took one of my GL alts (was level 36 at that time) to farm those mummies, while he was being healed non stop by my high level priest alt, outside of party. GL alt was doing the most damage to the mob, so he was getting the kill, and thus the drop was normal.

About the world boss cards yes those are impossible to get (or well almost impossible) cuz they're tough too not like those mummies. Still missing Darklight, Afaesia, and Cyclops :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • salibaby
    edited September 2011
    Yeah those are the 3 main cards I was talking about. I wasn't really worried about secret but the world boss cards are insane... there is no way to gear a character to kill those bosses and still keep up with your main x.X.

Sorry about Secret, I thought you had to kill the fissure boss to get it, not the mummies.
  • conterkiller
    edited September 2011

it's long enough if I need to spend 1 hour killing the same thing over and over (that's grinding actually) and hope to get something that might not even drop (since they're grey) and then it's not good for our leveling

gotta bring lots of pots too...and probably a few extra crystals since I can't do it

I didn't know darklight cavern was from the world boss...I thought that karaslav guy (yea I can't spell) drops it

Lol.. -_-
    yah.. then some1 is gonna ask for lvl 3/4 Gems on NPc shops.. so they dont have to spend $$$ or hrs of farming GL with alts for them... cuz.. we all have a Life out of FW so why would we want to actually work for something right??

• IMBALANZE - Lionheart
    edited September 2011

Lol.. -_-
    yah.. then some1 is gonna ask for lvl 3/4 Gems on NPc shops.. so they dont have to spend $$$ or hrs of farming GL with alts for them... cuz.. we all have a Life out of FW so why would we want to actually work for something right??

THAT means we will rather spend time in instance pawning nudo stormscale than shooting down stupid rotten corpses for 1 XP and spending our soul gold on stocking pots for it

THAT has nothing to do with life outside of FW

doesn't your high level priest gets aggro? where did you stand to "take care of them"?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Luciferia
    I read CN
  • conterkiller
    edited September 2011
    THAT means we will rather spend time in instance pawning nudo stormscale than shooting down stupid rotten corpses for 1 XP and spending our soul gold on stocking pots for it

THAT has nothing to do with life outside of FW

doesn't your high level priest gets aggro? where did you stand to "take care of them"?

Still.. if u want ur shiny stuff and achievments u gotta work for them.. that's why people rush up to lvl.. so they can focus on stuff like this once they'r alrdy on the cap lvl with theyr main chars..

and no.. if ur lowbie its attacking enough the priest doesnt get agro..
    no matter where is it standing lol..

i used a vamp tho.. and it was as easy as with a priest..

• Shyren - Eyrda
    edited September 2011
    My priest was getting aggro sometimes because my GL alt has NPC equips, but it wasn't an issue o.o

There's 2 types of mobs in this game, dumb and smart. Dumb mobs keep aggro on the first target that hits them (or aggroes them), they never change target. Example: normal mobs found all over the maps. The loot goes to first hitter always regardless of who healed/damaged or killed the mob.

Smart mobs are those that change aggro based on damage, heals and other factors. The loot for these goes to the highest DD party/person, not aggro. Example: bosses, instance mobs, those mummies in ToG we were talking about, etc

So yeah heals taking aggro or not is irrelevant since only damage matters, not aggro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IMBALANZE - Lionheart
    edited September 2011
    nono...I mean...your priest will have to stand somewhere right? wouldn't the walkers who are near aggro them? how you take care of this? even for a level 69 these mobs hits really hard and you can't really AOE them

even SF don't do enough damage to kill them (gotta shoot them twice normally before they go down for good)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Luciferia
    I read CN
  • Shyren - Eyrda
    edited September 2011
    oh... my priest was standing right by my alt, I guess my alt being ranged also helped there (I can imagine being difficult with a melee especially pulling them)

The position was... idk how to explain... past those first 2 beetles, on the left, far away from the center so mummies weren't aggroed, but not close enough to those Hyenas to aggro them either.

Oh and if the mobs are randomly AoEing without even aggroing them, that happens after someone aggro a mob and resets it (by running too far or dying). Solution to this is to kill those mobs, when they respawn they'll be back to normal and not AoE (until aggro'd again)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IMBALANZE - Lionheart
    edited September 2011
    I'll consider that...gonna bring a friend there

is the card bound btw? @[email protected]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Luciferia
    I read CN
  • Aely - Illyfue
    Aely - Illyfue Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I missing :
    Forgotten Library Rare reward for completing the Quest Quell the Element: wind
    would get it whit my alt but I worryed that the footprint can be bound >-<