test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Social aspect of this game--what the hell?

Aesarin - Storm LegionAesarin - Storm Legion Posts: 697 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
Seriously, why is it so hard to catch someone online in this game?

- You can't add them to your friends list unless they're online.

- You can try whispering them, but you aren't given any indication as to whether or not they were online to receive it.

- There's no way to "search" through a list of people to see if they're online.

So how are you supposed to catch your friends online? It's like you have to get ahold of them outside the game. I can add offline people to my block list, but not my friend list? How **** is that?

Total fail, and I've only just now realized how bad this game's social system is because, by nature, I'm not very social ingame. RAGE!

So, is there any way to see if someone is online, short of spamming friend requests first, then asking questions later?
Post edited by Aesarin - Storm Legion on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Is metroid's gun attached to his suit or is it a part of his arm?
English Talent Calculator: http://www.aesica.net/fw

Comments

• Attix - IllyfueAttix - Illyfue Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    - You can try whispering them, but you aren't given any indication as to whether or not they were online to receive it.

You might want to check that again. :D
  • Xsasukex - Storm LegionXsasukex - Storm Legion Posts: 1,568 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    mmhm yup, when you whisper someone thats not online theres a red message showing up on your screen saying so..
    [SIGPIC]http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/7664/xsasukex.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    xSasukex | 75 | Elemental | Warrior (retired)
    CuteNDeadly | 66 | Venom | Assassin <Naholdir's Princess>
  • Tymon - LionheartTymon - Lionheart Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    That's not 100% accurate actually. if they're realm hopping it will still show them as online many times but the message won't get sent anyway. This happened many of times when I was messaging someone and they went into a guild base or something.
  • Attix - IllyfueAttix - Illyfue Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    They are at a loading screen, so it's accurate to say they are not online. And the message not being sent is lolobvious.
  • Aesarin - Storm LegionAesarin - Storm Legion Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    mmhm yup, when you whisper someone thats not online theres a red message showing up on your screen saying so..
    I tried this against a few nonexistent names, and at first it really wasn't showing. I tried again a few minutes later, and it was. I guess the game only shows this message when it feels like showing it.

Oh well, finding people you know in this game is still pretty abysmal. :|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lestat - EyrdaLestat - Eyrda Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    They are at a loading screen, so it's accurate to say they are not online. And the message not being sent is lolobvious.

^
    oh, and to OP. have you lern2voicechat yet?
    I did not paint the red door black, i commanded it thus. and so it was. open the door, for fear is where you go to learn.
  • Bayona - Storm LegionBayona - Storm Legion Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    ^
    So how are you supposed to catch your friends online? It's like you have to get ahold of them outside the game.

Oh, and to Lestat, have you learn2read yet?

Voice Chat falls under the bolded, "It's like you have to get a hold of them OUTSIDE the game".
    [SIGPIC]http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/175/mytoonsg.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    "Never go to a doctor who's office plants have died"
    edited September 2011

Voice Chat falls under the bolded, "It's like you have to get a hold of them OUTSIDE the game".

if it's really that irritating for you to talk to people outside of the game, ....yeah i don't even have a witty reply for that. it's a fail unto itself.
    also, the thing i find funny about my guild, is that they're only on voice chat IF they're on the game. so...
    I did not paint the red door black, i commanded it thus. and so it was. open the door, for fear is where you go to learn.
  • Aesarin - Storm LegionAesarin - Storm Legion Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Voice chat in mmos is one trend I never really got into. I'm the minority type of person who would much rather hear awesome music instead of people talking, especially considering how I usually play the game. (on-and-off afk while working on projects/watching TV/etc) I can come back, scroll up, and catch up on conversations via text, however anything said over voice chat is completely missed unless I'm paying active attention to it.

It's pretty distracting.

Unfortunately, it seems like using outside mediums is really the only viable way. Oh well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2011

in regards to your post after my last,
    i guess you enjoy making your own points moot.
  • Bayona - Storm LegionBayona - Storm Legion Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    in regards to your post after my last,
    i guess you enjoy making your own points moot.

How is it moot? You're saying "learn2voicechat" which is exactly what the OP was complaining about. The fact that they had to find an outside source to talk to friends ingame.

So it is natural that you didn't read the original post where they said they had to find outside sources to talk to friends, or else you wouldn't of even mentioned an outside source (voicechat).

They are already aware of the fact that they have to use an outside source (the topic of what they are complaining about), so they are obviously knowledgeable in the fact of voice chat (seeing as it is an outside source). Which makes your post show that you didn't bother reading their post and only wanted to insult the original posters learning capabilities instead.
    [SIGPIC]http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/175/mytoonsg.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    "Never go to a doctor who's office plants have died"