[68]Mysterious Dotoro > Follow Dotoro > Where's the Pigeon Feathers?

Darksiren - Storm Legion
Darksiren - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Quest Tips
I've tried the quest 3 times now on multiple realms and something seems glitched.

I get this quest up on Sundown Heights. I have 5 minutes then to reach Dotoro. Even that seems screwy as it looks like they designed the quest when you could cut through the Ruins of Glory to get to him, later that was blocked, but no matter, i can still reach him using trackstones with 1.5 minutes to spare. I then flash the badge (again screwy as you have to flash it up on a high ledge away from him) at the pre-determined spot so Dotoro will speak to me. The quest updates and i have to follow Dotoro to find some pigeon feathers. I run around closely behind him (even tho he scales walls like Lola) and keep a close eye out for anything i can dig, or maybe a pop-up (not sure) and nothing. I can not find these pigeon feathers.

Someone told me the quest sometimes glitches. Well i've tried it several times, on multiple realms, and it never works. Am i missing something here?
Post edited by Darksiren - Storm Legion on

Comments

• Darksiren - Storm Legion
    edited July 2011
    24 hour bump.

Has anyone done this that has any idea where the pigeon feathers are?
    edited July 2011
    Another 24 hour bump.

I know there's people out there who've done this quest, or at very least if they cant, then other people who would say that its bugged and cant be done.
  • faimon
    faimon Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    b u m p
  • Kaylia - Storm Legion
    Kaylia - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I have yet to find the feathers as well. He says in common chat that he hid the feathers by a tree at the farm but nothing that I can find after looking at each tree and using observation as well.
    edited August 2011
    The problem is he often glitches, and stops just down the cliff when he speaks about it being up a tree. He's supposed to keep going, with a couple other stops, and eventually leading you to the assasin camp. I dont remember what happened in there, but the fact that it was non-memorable makes me think that it was basically easily found or handed to me on a silver plater. If he stops at the tree just below the 1st cliff, and doesnt proceed onward from there, he's glitched. I tried all night the time i got it, on many realms, and it didnt work. I tried it a few days later and it went as it was supposed to and completed. I cant say what makes it glitch, but all i can suggest is try another day.
  • SinSkinner - Illyfue
    SinSkinner - Illyfue Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    bumpity bump. he unglithced, says follow this path to assa camp, and nothing, no feathers there. any more steps after that or?
    edited September 2011
    bumpity bump. he unglithced, says follow this path to assa camp, and nothing, no feathers there. any more steps after that or?

After the assassin camp he doesnt stop, he keeps going down the path to the east. Eventually he stops saying something like "I buried the body here", and right there on the ground is a sparkling pigeon body to be plucked. Quest ready to be handed in.
  • SinSkinner - Illyfue
    SinSkinner - Illyfue Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Yea, he went down to farm, and i left to assasin camp :D gotta try again :D tnx for info
  • lheepelch26
    lheepelch26 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    do u remember wat realm u completed that quest ? <3
  • Caadeence - Lionheart
    Caadeence - Lionheart Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Hmm.. where's the assassins camp? I didn't see on map :S
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JonWilde - Storm Legion
    JonWilde - Storm Legion Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Southwest of Windcry Farm
  • Mhertin - Storm Legion
    Mhertin - Storm Legion Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    he runs to the camp?
    When I did it, he just runs in a little circle up the hill, and back to position.
    Never says anything.
    :confused::rolleyes:

Edit:
    http://bbs.shenmo.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=145188&highlight=%B8%EB%D7%D3

Edit.2: how to complete quest.
    Go to a realm where Dotoro is on the top of the hill
    Start quest
    Run to Dotoro
    Show emblem
    Jump off hill to shade of trees below
    He'll talk then move
    Go to Camp of assassins
    He'll stop mid-way and run down the hill to windcry
    Try to beat him to bottom
    He'll stop
    He talks
    then beside a tree on the right, yellow sparkles appear
    Click.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Value the ones near.
  • AngelzHeal - Eyrda
    AngelzHeal - Eyrda Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I've discovered a glitch ... My husband accepted the quest and ran off to complete it. I made the mistake of accepting the quest and running to do the same. When I accepted the quest... Dotoro stopped working for my husband.
    So... if you're questing with a someone, or following unknowingly hot on the heels of someone, that will funk up the quest.
    Otherwise thanks for the info on how to complete when it works successfully. :D
  • tutudoido
    tutudoido Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I've tried the quest 3 times now on multiple realms and something seems glitched.

I get this quest up on Sundown Heights. I have 5 minutes then to reach Dotoro. Even that seems screwy as it looks like they designed the quest when you could cut through the Ruins of Glory to get to him, later that was blocked, but no matter, i can still reach him using trackstones with 1.5 minutes to spare. I then flash the badge (again screwy as you have to flash it up on a high ledge away from him) at the pre-determined spot so Dotoro will speak to me. The quest updates and i have to follow Dotoro to find some pigeon feathers. I run around closely behind him (even tho he scales walls like Lola) and keep a close eye out for anything i can dig, or maybe a pop-up (not sure) and nothing. I can not find these pigeon feathers.

Someone told me the quest sometimes glitches. Well i've tried it several times, on multiple realms, and it never works. Am i missing something here?

well, i did that quest few moments ago, i had the same problem as you.. the npc stucked in the middle way, i changed 7 kingdons and... finally after abort 7 times the quest , the npc unstuck and walked at the destiny... when dotoro says... "we arrived" look near the tree u'll find the item to "get/dig" in the place mapped in the pic: http://i49.tinypic.com/spucr4.jpg
    edited August 2012
    Didnt need to Necro this thread for the solution, especially since i had solved it at post #6 of this thread.
  • Melaniesama - Illyfue
    Melaniesama - Illyfue Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well, I have the issue that he completely holds still next to some trees and a pile of wooden boards. He doesn't move anymore, he doesn't say anything, and when I talk to him, he only says: "Isn't it beautiful here?" Nothing in the 'normal' tab of the chat window either. Is this another glitch? :confused: This was when he asked me to follow him.
    Respect thine healer. They know the vital veins. Especially the Vampire healers.
    You can be everything you want on the internet. Then why do so many people choose to be stupid? ~9gag