(another) siggy request

Xsasukex - Storm Legion
Xsasukex - Storm Legion Posts: 1,568 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Community Tavern
so.. i still need a signature for my guild's forum, so i wonder if anyone wanna make me one :p

name: xSasukex

main picture: http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/1286/20110722023400.png

background: whatever looks nice

also, if it fits i want this sword in there somewhere also. :phttp://img834.imageshack.us/img834/7886/20110720023210.png

the rest is pretty much up to you :)
Post edited by Xsasukex - Storm Legion on
[SIGPIC]http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/7664/xsasukex.jpg[/SIGPIC]
xSasukex | 75 | Elemental | Warrior (retired)
CuteNDeadly | 66 | Venom | Assassin <Naholdir's Princess>

Comments

• Xsasukex - Storm Legion
    edited July 2011
    Here is my try at your request,

fwxsas10.jpg

awesome :D i love it :p
  • Ashaw - Eyrda
    Ashaw - Eyrda Posts: 1,127 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    SasukeSigAgain1-1.png?t=1311415403

i made it transparent orginally dont know if it will show it transparent cause photobucket is weird sometimes and doesnt save transparent

i used Pixlr for 60% of it
    and Gimp for 40% :D trying to use gimp... but its such a pain :P

and i know it was late but i haven't been checking forums for awhile and i wanted practice with gimp. Nice Screenshot though :P
    Class Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=188881

Race Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=193701

They know I'm right -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3587381&postcount=43

[SIGPIC]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/277/1/0/ashaw_siggy_1_by_zerojigoku-d4bsgdu.png[/SIGPIC]
    I dont play Ashaw anymore -_- its a boring class
  • Xsasukex - Storm Legion
    edited July 2011

i made it transparent orginally dont know if it will show it transparent cause photobucket is weird sometimes and doesnt save transparent

i used Pixlr for 60% of it
    and Gimp for 40% :D trying to use gimp... but its such a pain :P

and i know it was late but i haven't been checking forums for awhile and i wanted practice with gimp. Nice Screenshot though :P

wow awesome :D you have gotten much better at making siggys in such a short time lol :p

using em both :)

guildsiggy.png
  • Ashaw - Eyrda
    edited July 2011
    Thanks xSasukex :D and glad you like it :P
    Class Choosing Guide -

Race Choosing Guide -

They know I'm right -

[SIGPIC]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/277/1/0/ashaw_siggy_1_by_zerojigoku-d4bsgdu.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Olie - Eyrda
    Olie - Eyrda Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2011

Wow, you're getting really good at making sigs! Did you only use GIMP for this?
  • Ashaw - Eyrda
    edited July 2011
    Wow, you're getting really good at making sigs! Did you only use GIMP for this?

nope that was mainly Pixlr.com

i used gimp for the first time in a Siggi. Text and Rotated

I rotated the swords on Gimp cause Pixlr would cut half the sword off when i rotated. So i just used Gimp for Rotating (took 30 minutes to figure out)

Text i save a picture then i uploaded to Pixlr.com then a copy and pasted onto the siggi. Then i added glow affect and i decide that the Blue of the sword would be a good color to use.
    sine the People were 1 step i though of it like this

40% People ( 40%pixlr)
    40% Sword (20% pixlr and 20% Gimp)
    20% Text ( 20%Gimp even though i did add a pixlr glow affect)

so in the end 60% Pixlr and 40% Gimp
    Class Choosing Guide -

Race Choosing Guide -

They know I'm right -

• Luciferia - Illyfue
    Luciferia - Illyfue Posts: 3,982 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Well, you sure have gotten much much better Ashaw *clapclapclap*

Well... try to use GIMP a bit more, because the one thing that stands out as a bit unpolished in almost all your siggnatures is the cropping. And GIMP is simply in another class in that part once you get to know the basics... Look at my siggy for example: the cropping in the girl sure is very far from perfect, but the soft edges make it look much better and makes it fit with the rest of the pic, while the couple in your sig looks too... well, cropped XD

(But I'm in love with that swords-name thingie. It looks absolutely gorgeous and flawless)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ashaw - Eyrda
    edited July 2011
    Well, you sure have gotten much much better Ashaw *clapclapclap*

Well... try to use GIMP a bit more, because the one thing that stands out as a bit unpolished in almost all your siggnatures is the cropping. And GIMP is simply in another class in that part once you get to know the basics... Look at my siggy for example: the cropping in the girl sure is very far from perfect, but the soft edges make it look much better and makes it fit with the rest of the pic, while the couple in your sig looks too... well, cropped XD

(But I'm in love with that swords-name thingie. It looks absolutely gorgeous and flawless)

Thanks :D i love the swords also :P I also like how the text looks like it belongs there.

but cropping?? dont get what you mean exactly. But if you mean the outline then hat was my bad. i set the hardness of the inner glow to high so it is a outline but i saved it and closed pixlr because transparency looks COMPLETELY diffrent when its on a webpage. found that out the hard way

i also go in manually with an eraser and take the outline out.

just to let you all know the only time i use a photo editor is when im making a siggi. All my siggis are on these forums so far so you can see the progress your self :P This is by far my favorite
    Class Choosing Guide -

Race Choosing Guide -

They know I'm right -

• Luciferia - Illyfue
    Luciferia - Illyfue Posts: 3,982 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    i also go in manually with an eraser and take the outline out.

That's what I meant: it looks just as if you used the good ol MS paint eraser. Eraser is indeed a good tool... but only for picking out the very minor details while catting out the image. Otherwise, it creates those really pixelated edges that look... well, amateurish like hell.

Just to give you a more visual example of what I'm trying to say:

msswiftone.jpg

The girl in the right was cut out with a special crop tool... however, the hair around her waist and hips were cut out with eraser. Even after smoothing them up, you can see a clear quality difference between that part of the hair and the rest of the image.

You can still cut out images with eraser if you want, but you should at least do something about those edges... use a special eraser, a colour blender or something to make them fade gradually and to solve that pixelisation (though it sometimes doesn't work, like in the above picture it didn't).

PS: Gimp has some erasers that create a nice fade-out as they remove the outline, so take a look at those.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ashaw - Eyrda
    edited July 2011
    well i tried to find an eraser for it. The hard part about GIMP is that you have the tools but then when you change to options and stuff of it i get so confused. I tried to find 2 thins when i made that image.
    1) something you were talking about and a thing to like fade out the text.like so the

Sasuke

kind going on the top and getting more faded as it goes >>>> that way if you know what im saying. it looks good in my head and i know there is a tool somewhere for it but i cant find.
    Class Choosing Guide -

Race Choosing Guide -

They know I'm right -

• Uixamiphac - Storm Legion
    Uixamiphac - Storm Legion Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Try looking through the brushes? Since that is technically where you get the shape of the eraser. To get some clean and precise rendering you would have to use the paths tool. It's the tool where you lay down dots and trace the image, connecting the last dot with the first dot<path to select<add alpha channel (for transparent background) then you can erase away. If you're erasing the part you don't want to erase (rendering image) you could 'invert' and it'll erase the outside, to switch back just click invert again.

(Sorry for some rough details, not on GIMP right now and can't think of tool bar)