test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Race matters?

Aesarin - Storm LegionAesarin - Storm Legion Posts: 697 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Priest Discussion
I've seen a few threads mention things like "elf priests are better for glacial" and such. What I want to ask is this: What exactly is the difference between being a human priest and being an elf priest? Besides the pointy ears, 5-min racial cooldown, and racial blessing. (I originally believed this to be as far as the differences went)

So specifically, which talents are different and how so? This isn't a post I'd even need to make if our talent calculator was up, but it's under construction so...here I am.

Thanks. ;)
Post edited by Aesarin - Storm Legion on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Is metroid's gun attached to his suit or is it a part of his arm?
English Talent Calculator: http://www.aesica.net/fw

Comments

• Cuzisaid - EyrdaCuzisaid - Eyrda Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Quote:
    Posted by Rhett - Lionheart (if you want me to take down tell me)

For the divine tree, player skill factors in more than race. It is best to know what you're getting into, though. Elves are oriented towards healing over time, while humans are more of a burst heal type.

As for the rebel tree, humans beat elves hands down. If you look at their talents, most are the same, but there's a key difference halfway down the tree. Humans do far more light damage to targets marked by the Mark of Conviction, whereas elves get a mild attack boost if they have natural protection or light of healing affecting them -meaning they have to sub in divine and/or waste mana if they want to take advantage of the talent while soloing. Considering the Mark of Conviction and light damage is something rebel tree enjoys spamming on its targets, the damage difference is noticeable.

Glacial, elves win out thanks to the stun they get later on, as opposed to the human's immobilization. Most people don't have misconceptions about this, though, so no need to go into detail.

Read the quote
  • Sabrina - Storm LegionSabrina - Storm Legion Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Racial Buff: Each race gets access to a different buff that lasts 30 minutes.

-The Human racial buff increases all mastery by 5 and HP by 1%.
    -The Elven racial buff increases accuracy by 5, all resistances by 5, and max MP by 1%.

Racial Skill: Each race gets access to a different skill that is usable every 5 minutes.

-The Human racial skill instantly recovers 25% of max MP and prevents & removes controlling effects for the next 4 seconds.
    -The Elven racial skill ensnares a target for 5 seconds while draining MP equal to 5% of caster's max MP every second, for 5 seconds.

Talents: There are various talent differences in the Divine talent tree between the human and elven race such as...

Natural Healing:

-Human: Reduces the cool down of Heal by 0.5/1.0/1.5/2.0 seconds, and reduces it's mana cost by 5/10/15/20%.
    -Elf: Heal will generate a Natural Protection buff on the target, increasing healing effects by 5/10/15/20%. Lasts 10 seconds.

Instant Healing:

-Human: Increases the average healing effect of Light of Healing by 100/200/300 plus 1/2/3% of caster's max MP for the first heal.
    -Elf: Reduces the cool down of Light of Healing by 1/2/3 seconds.

Recreation:

-Human: Improves the duration of Light of Healing by 2/4 seconds.
    -Elf: Increases Light of Healing's healing effect by 50/100/150 plus 0.5/1.0/1.5% of caster's max MP for each heal.

Combined Healing:

-Human: If Heal is used on a target under the effects of Light of Healing, recovers target's mana by 1/2/3/4% of caster's max MP.
    -Elf: If Heal is used on a target under the effects of Light of Healing or Natural Protection, recovers target's mana by 1.0/1.5/2.0% of caster's max MP. If target is under the effect of both buffs, target recovers mana twice. Casting Heal on a target without Natural Protection or Light of Healing will still recover target's mana once.

Rapid Healing:

-Human: Heal has a 20/40/60% chance to heal 200/250/300% the regular amount to the target.
    -Elf: Light of Healing has a 20/40/60% chance to take effect immediately when the target has Natural Protection buff.

^ That is the basic difference and the Divine differences which were taken from lushyyy's guide on divine priests:

http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=103291
  • Lyracil - EyrdaLyracil - Eyrda Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The poster above basically covered the main details of racial differences for divine tree anyways.
    The two key differences are basically human priests use Heal as their main healing skill, while elf priests use Light of Healing, and that overall Pray > Natural Extraction because divine priests get no stun/ensnare/other cc remove whatsoever outside of Pray.
    Another thing you will notice is that Rapid Healing (see post above) is much more noticeable for humans.

The reason why glacial tree for elves is better than humans is because elves not only get 21% chance to stun slowed targets with water skills but also get 100% chance to ensnare slowed targets with Divine Judgement. (Your level 60 mana drain AoE skill - light by the way)