Question

Alyssian - Illyfue
Alyssian - Illyfue Posts: 237 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Priest Discussion
Apparently we have an AoE Mana drain? Whaa...?
Post edited by Alyssian - Illyfue on

Comments

• Rhett - Lionheart
    Rhett - Lionheart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Yes. Divine Judgement, the level 60 skill, is a light AoE that places the Mark of Conviction on everything it hits. That mark drains the affected's mana by 5% every 4 seconds for 20 seconds (though the skill has a 12-second cooldown, so you can keep the mark up permanently). Glacial gets a talent to increase the amount of mana drained per tick, while Rebel gets a power boost and cooldown reduction. Divine's got no talents for it, as can probably be expected.
  • Alyssian - Illyfue
    Alyssian - Illyfue Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Is it a scroll skill or a preist tutorable?
  • Erianthe - Lionheart
    Erianthe - Lionheart Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    you get the skill scroll from the priest tutor when you hit level 60.
  • Vexim - Storm Legion
    Vexim - Storm Legion Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Yes. Divine Judgement, the level 60 skill, is a light AoE that places the Mark of Conviction on everything it hits. That mark drains the affected's mana by 5% every 4 seconds for 20 seconds (though the skill has a 12-second cooldown, so you can keep the mark up permanently). Glacial gets a talent to increase the amount of mana drained per tick, while Rebel gets a power boost and cooldown reduction. Divine's got no talents for it,
    as can probably be expected.

Just to clarify for the OP that it drains the targets mana equal to 5% of YOUR (the priest casting it) mana every 4 seconds for 20 seconds. It does not drain 5% of the TARGET's mana every 4 seconds for 20 seconds. SO if the caster has 26k mana, then the caster drains 1300 mana every 4 seconds from the target for a grand total of 6500 mana depleted at the end of 20 seconds :).
    IGN: Vexim
    Class: Divine Priest
    Race: Human
    Level: 80
    Guild: SolFlare
  • DeltaTroopa - Storm Legion
    DeltaTroopa - Storm Legion Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Just to clarify for the OP that it drains the targets mana equal to 5% of YOUR (the priest casting it) mana every 4 seconds for 20 seconds. It does not drain 5% of the TARGET's mana every 4 seconds for 20 seconds. SO if the caster has 26k mana, then the caster drains 1300 mana every 4 seconds from the target for a grand total of 6500 mana depleted at the end of 20 seconds.

Thats what is says it does, but I've tested it and it appears to drain 5% of the targets mana ever 4 seconds instead. Otherwise warriors and prots and other low MP classes would completely out of mana by the end of the 20s, which is not the case.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ._____Emotes______ | ____Spreadsheets____.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes | tinyurl.com/FWInfosheet
  • Rhett - Lionheart
    Rhett - Lionheart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Just to clarify for the OP that it drains the targets mana equal to 5% of YOUR (the priest casting it) mana every 4 seconds for 20 seconds. It does not drain 5% of the TARGET's mana every 4 seconds for 20 seconds. SO if the caster has 26k mana, then the caster drains 1300 mana every 4 seconds from the target for a grand total of 6500 mana depleted at the end of 20 seconds :).

I've seen it in action enough times to say with a certainty that it's the target's max MP.

For example, being an elf, I have the racial mana drain that's dependent on my max MP, in addition to Divine Judgement's mana drain. My racial mana drain will wipe out most melee classes' mana pools in the five seconds it is active, but Divine Judgement will leave them with a decent amount of mana by the time the 20 seconds is up, even if they've been spamming skills.

On the other hand, I've also used it against Selassie numerous times. My racial MP drain will barely dent Selassie's MP at approximately 6k mp drained, however, each tick of Divine Judgement's MP drain leaves a noticeable mark in its MP.
  • Vexim - Storm Legion
    Vexim - Storm Legion Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    In response to the two previous posts, all I have to say is I tried it too and now I say this...

/wrists. :(
    IGN: Vexim
    Class: Divine Priest
    Race: Human
    Level: 80
    Guild: SolFlare
  • philomel
    philomel Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    It's pretty good in conjunction with all the other mana draining abilities of an elf glacial. Otherwise, meh.