[Guide] All Things Bard.

1235»

Comments

• Ethersong - Eyrda
    Ethersong - Eyrda Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    The Way of the Triple Hybrid.

A bard who engages with all their elements synthesizes the imminent destruction of their enemies whilst sustaining their allies.,

then why do so many people claim it to be a bad build?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hear you not the sound of the Wind?
    More gentle than a feather?
    Not be it Water, Light, this Hymn
    It is the Song of Ether.

Gentle as a summer breeze
    Skin Golden, white hair long;
    Blowing swiftly through the trees
    I am the Ethersong.

Current level: 60
  • altosstratus
    altosstratus Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I see you don't have a Screenshot of the stats of the 75 skill Frost storm and the 80 undine elegy, ill post some if you need, also keep up the good work, this thread is great :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dendir - lvl 80 wind bard
    Zandin - lvl 80 Glacial Priest
    Nyos Server
  • Janethia - Illyfue
    Janethia - Illyfue Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I just got Fantasy :) I have picture if you want to add it :)
  • JolieLee - Eyrda
    JolieLee - Eyrda Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So any idea if this will get updated soon? im almost lvl 75 Water Bard
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bowz007
    bowz007 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I've read the part about misconceptions, still i have a few questions.

1. does Courage and Surge stack? Is it worth to max both via talentplaner?
    2. does Courage and / or Surge increase ALL kind of dmg (so water, wind, light), or just normal auto-hits?
  • Kunal - Eyrda
    Kunal - Eyrda Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So any idea if this will get updated soon? im almost lvl 75 Water Bard

My friends surprised me with a trip to London and some tickets to the Olympics on the 20th. I never realized this so my guide might be delayed for a couple more days. Rest assured it's nearly complete.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kunal - Eyrda
    edited July 2012
    bowz007 wrote: »
    I've read the part about misconceptions, still i have a few questions.

1. does Courage and Surge stack? Is it worth to max both via talentplaner?
    2. does Courage and / or Surge increase ALL kind of dmg (so water, wind, light), or just normal auto-hits?

Yes, Yes, and Yes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JolieLee - Eyrda
    JolieLee - Eyrda Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    awesome! just wondering is all!;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tylerfriis
    tylerfriis Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Why do Water bards need Azureclouds?:confused:
  • XDeadly - Eyrda
    XDeadly - Eyrda Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    tylerfriis wrote: »

they dont :rolleyes:
    You may not upload animated images.

da fuq?
  • Kunal - Eyrda
    edited August 2012
    tylerfriis wrote: »

More Mana= More HP and MP gained from your bubble when hit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XDeadly - Eyrda
    edited August 2012
    More Mana= More HP and MP gained from your bubble when hit.

as you said, water bards are for PvP...

and you'd prefer a tiny bit more hp and mp gained than the crit dodge/def that helps you from getting 1 shotted from most people that with really high crit chance and dmg(esp. sins/wars)?

i recently went from 90 crit def to 208, while losing 5k mana and the pvp experience is way better than before

also the wind-water hybrid build is terribad, im going to assume u ignored the bonuses you get from nyos/dyos trees and runes

da fuq?
  • Kunal - Eyrda
    edited August 2012
    as you said, water bards are for PvP...

and you'd prefer a tiny bit more hp and mp gained than the crit dodge/def that helps you from getting 1 shotted from most people that with really high crit chance and dmg(esp. sins/wars)?

Mind that not everyone has the time, money and resources that you have to invest into this game. Mana stones are a cost efficient and great alternative for wings, PvP dominance, etc.
    i recently went from 90 crit def to 208, while losing 5k mana and the pvp experience is way better than before

Keyword: experience. Experience is subjective and with "better" being a subjective measurement. I absolutely loathe RNG, which is why I invest promoting more reliable stats eg. Azures/HP. Unless you can find some legitimate proof that RNG is reliable, your point to me is rather invalid :)
    also the wind-water hybrid build is terribad, im going to assume u ignored the bonuses you get from nyos/dyos trees and runes

Again, not a fan of RNG. I prefer more reliable stats, as well as utility over damage. Plus if you think its "terribad", why don't you make your own guide and build? I love constructive criticism, but when you lambaste someone's work without supporting your criticism, its rather childish, useless and says quite a bit about you. Doesn't it. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XDeadly - Eyrda
    edited August 2012

Mind that not everyone has the time, money and resources that you have to invest into this game. Mana stones are a cost efficient and great alternative for wings, PvP dominance, etc.

twilight/crystalline 2s doesnt take that long to farm if you know what you're doing, id rather have those and not have wings like those silly winged bards with azure 3s that dies too fast in pvp and gets loled at

Keyword: experience. Experience is subjective and with "better" being a subjective measurement. I absolutely loathe RNG, which is why I invest promoting more reliable stats eg. Azures/HP. Unless you can find some legitimate proof that RNG is reliable, your point to me is rather invalid :)

its not random when you're fighting assassins/warriors, they have talents that gives them massive crit chance or crit dodge reductions that crystallines will reduce the damage even more than azures

Again, not a fan of RNG. I prefer more reliable stats, as well as utility over damage. Plus if you think its "terribad", why don't you make your own guide and build? I love constructive criticism, but when you lambaste someone's work without supporting your criticism, its rather childish, useless and says quite a bit about you. Doesn't it. ;)

i lol'ed

utility over damage? the build you posted IS damage NOT utility, you went all the way down to improved CoW and advanced RoW for that exact reason, if you wanted utility you would have gotten other talents that improves buffs and get to 35 points to get VoF and wind speed

my build only goes down to wind maneuver and rest in water but i have more utility and actually *less* damage than that build

da fuq?
  • Lushey - Eyrda
    Lushey - Eyrda Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Wtf, you're actually trying to argue that azures can be good for waterbards?

wat ಠ_ಠ
    wat ಠ_ಠ
    wat ಠ_ಠ
    wat ಠ_ಠ
    wat ಠ_ಠ
    wat ಠ_ಠ
    wat ಠ_ಠ
    I don't think you should be the one updating/involved in creation of a bard guide, xDeadly/tib/epic bards from those PvE servers should. But this game is near-dead anyway and already dead in comparison to what it once was so I guess it doesn't matter

but still, Dayum. ಠ_ಠ you dishonor your famiry. we disown you. you are no longer a bard to us. you're a deformed kindred
  • Kunal - Eyrda
    edited August 2012
    Wtf, you're actually trying to argue that azures can be good for waterbards?

wat ಠ_ಠ
    wat ಠ_ಠ
    wat ಠ_ಠ
    wat ಠ_ಠ
    wat ಠ_ಠ
    wat ಠ_ಠ
    wat ಠ_ಠ
    I don't think you should be the one updating/involved in creation of a bard guide, xDeadly/tib/epic bards from those PvE servers should. But this game is near-dead anyway and already dead in comparison to what it once was so I guess it doesn't matter

but still, Dayum. ಠ_ಠ you dishonor your famiry. we disown you. you are no longer a bard to us. you're a deformed kindred

Be my guest. Create a guide. You will see how much energy they take; then complain. I don't really play this game anymore, either. It's rather a chore than a game nowadays. I have better things to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XDeadly - Eyrda
    edited August 2012
    Be my guest. Create a guide. You will see how much energy they take; then complain. I don't really play this game anymore, either. It's rather a chore than a game nowadays. I have better things to do.

u give up arguing with me?

5cRZv.jpg

da fuq?
  • Lushey - Eyrda
    Lushey - Eyrda Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Excuses. You're blaming your ignorance on the fact it takes too much energy to be knowledgable and write it down. All you have to do is type, all of us bards that have played all 3 talent trees, and even some that have mastered hybrid builds such as calamity and cest_qui know more than you do because we didn't play to make a guide, we played to play and be the best bard we can be. If you don't play the game anymore, don't give advice, and trust me you shouldn't of been giving advice even before. If it's a chore leave this thread, you're just ruining the minds of new bards in this game even though there's like 1 new player a day. If you have better things to do, bye. noob
    5cRZv.jpg
  • angelalexyel
    angelalexyel Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ok... so... leaving aside the quarrel... anyone at all has any idea of a viable pve light-wind build? *insert pweaty pwease, blink blink, puppy eyes and all the cute stuff here*
  • altosstratus
    altosstratus Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Don't know how helpful this will be to you since you posted for a light/wind build ages ago, but here's one I used to use, its for a level 80 :)
    Light/Wind build
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dendir - lvl 80 wind bard
    Zandin - lvl 80 Glacial Priest
    Nyos Server
  • xicampfer
    xicampfer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    im downloading the game right now and the first thing i look for is a challenging class to play so i picked the bard and thanks to your guide i have decided to become a pure wind bard cant wait to play just waiting on the set up then the update and il be omw to making a bard
    thank you
  • Tunesmith - Storm Legion
    Tunesmith - Storm Legion Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Greetings. Tunesmith here. Level 44 on Storm Legion.
    I haven't been playing for over a year and am just getting back into the game.
    Any light bards out there willing to take me under their wing?
  • maalini
    maalini Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This guide is beautiful; I just picked up a bard as an alt and it is so different from what I'm used to(offense-oriented priest, which is relatively straightforward). Of course I choose Wind right off, so it's been a little frustrating, but when I can pull off a string of buffs, heals, and songs... man, it's satisfying. Bookmarking this for reference later. :)
  • FAIMON - Illyfue
    FAIMON - Illyfue Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    maalini wrote: »
    This guide is beautiful; I just picked up a bard as an alt and it is so different from what I'm used to(offense-oriented priest, which is relatively straightforward). Of course I choose Wind right off, so it's been a little frustrating, but when I can pull off a string of buffs, heals, and songs... man, it's satisfying. Bookmarking this for reference later. :)

indeed, bard fun to play but a bit squishi.
    its more easy to start as a light bard, and change to wind after 75 or water if you wanna pvp
  • eberg33k
    eberg33k Posts: 772 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    indeed, bard fun to play but a bit squishi.
    its more easy to start as a light bard, and change to wind after 75 or water if you wanna pvp

I prefered water while leveling, saved a ton on pots after lvl 40.
  • AltheaMoni - Illyfue
    AltheaMoni - Illyfue Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    eberg33k wrote: »
    I prefered water while leveling, saved a ton on pots after lvl 40.

Can water Bard kill? I mean since I'll be soloing most of the time so I need to ask if I can kill while in this build XD
  • Swanlette - Lionheart
    Swanlette - Lionheart Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Can water Bard kill? I mean since I'll be soloing most of the time so I need to ask if I can kill while in this build XD

Yes, we can kill. xD

Once you have your water bubble (Sonata of Water - lv.30 talent tree skill), soloing mobs and bosses becomes ridiculously easy.