[Guide] All Things Bard.

Comments

• Dominick - Storm Legion
    Dominick - Storm Legion Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    semuta wrote: »
    there is no lvl 75+ gear instance, and I'm sure there wont be any in the near future.

6f89cx.jpg
    With my light build, I healed around 4.2 per tick with Baptism, and 6-7k with Sonata of Life. I was the priest for an AC run with that build, and no one died ('cept the pets :(

pretty impressive for the level you were at the time of the post. especially without priest HE buff. what, do you have 2k+HE?:rolleyes:
  • semuta
    semuta Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    6f89cx.jpg
    Oh c'mon, dont be stupid. Ask the lvl 75+ players on your server. This instance is not implemented yet.
    Bard 70+, NewOrder
    edited September 2011
    Oh c'mon, dont be stupid. Ask the lvl 75+ players on your server. This instance is not implemented yet.

no kidding xp. i don't need to ask them. i am 75+. however, it's pretty obvious you had no idea about it with your statement.
  • semuta
    edited September 2011
    Uhh, let's clear some things up.

At first, you tried to prove that smth (in this case, lvl 75 gear instance) exist without actual knowledge about it. Then you realised that it doesnt exist by yourself, but now trying to tell me that I didnt knew it doesnt exist because I said it doesnt exist.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

You are doing it wrong, rly.
    Bard 70+, NewOrder
    edited September 2011
    Uhh, let's clear some things up.

At first, you tried to prove that smth (in this case, lvl 75 gear instance) exist without actual knowledge about it. Then you realised that it doesnt exist by yourself, but now trying to tell me that I didnt knew it doesnt exist because I said it doesnt exist.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

You are doing it wrong, rly.

i never tried to prove that it is in game atm, nubface. i know you're backed in a corner now and you're resorting to wordplay to try to save face, but you know exactly what my argument was.

your statement said there is no 75 instance and there won't be one anytime in the near future.
    there is no lvl 75+ gear instance, and I'm sure there wont be any in the near future.

you obviously had no idea that there IS a 75 gear instance and that it WILL be ushered into the game in an upcoming patch.

i merely posted the correct information so that people know there actually IS a 75 gear instance and that it WILL be coming IN THE NEAR FUTURE so they can plan for gear sets, etc., accordingly, and not be mislead with your ignorant disinformation.
  • pixiebreeze
    pixiebreeze Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Thank you for putting this guide together, it's extremely useful. I'm also extremely curious about your Water-Wind build (with Water as 'main'), and what are you thoughts concerning the Water-Light vs. Water-Wind tree?
  • semuta
    edited September 2011
    i never tried to prove that it is in game atm, nubface. i know you're backed in a corner now and you're resorting to wordplay to try to save face, but you know exactly what my argument was.

your statement said there is no 75 instance and there won't be one anytime in the near future.

you obviously had no idea that there IS a 75 gear instance and that it WILL be ushered into the game in an upcoming patch.

i merely posted the correct information so that people know there actually IS a 75 gear instance and that it WILL be coming IN THE NEAR FUTURE so they can plan for gear sets, etc., accordingly, and not be mislead with your ignorant disinformation.
    My dear god, I feel pity for you. You failed smth, and now trying to troll me with some stupid sentence telling me that I knew and that I dont (and telling me that exactly I tryed to say, but even w/o understanding it). Seems like you are not sure if you were right and now feeling uncomfortable. And I see you are annoyed.

I'm glad you found this achievment, but I will surprise you. You wasnt first. And there were lots of threads about this instance. I see you like the word "obvious", so read carefully: obviously if some1 read forums he knows about this part of achievment. But obviously you have no idea about it and about things I was talking in my post.
    And...
    Are you a GM to say that this instance will be implemented in the foreseeable future? Oh, no?
    Then you obviously want to prove you were right w/o any facts and to troll some1 to feel yourself a bit smarter.
    Thats all. I know you will answer repeating you nonsense again, but it will be just a prove for my words. Also, I have a lil advice for you: if some1 in internet annoys you so much, just turn your computer off. MMO gaming is not for ppl like you, you obviously should be more cold-minded.
    Bard 70+, NewOrder
    edited September 2011
    My dear god, I feel pity for you. You failed smth, and now trying to troll me with some stupid sentence telling me that I knew and that I dont (and telling me that exactly I tryed to say, but even w/o understanding it). Seems like you are not sure if you were right and now feeling uncomfortable. And I see you are annoyed.

I'm glad you found this achievment, but I will surprise you. You wasnt first. And there were lots of threads about this instance. I see you like the word "obvious", so read carefully: obviously if some1 read forums he knows about this part of achievment. But obviously you have no idea about it and about things I was talking in my post.
    And...
    Are you a GM to say that this instance will be implemented in the foreseeable future? Oh, no?
    Then you obviously want to prove you were right w/o any facts and to troll some1 to feel yourself a bit smarter.
    Thats all. I know you will answer repeating you nonsense again, but it will be just a prove for my words. Also, I have a lil advice for you: if some1 in internet annoys you so much, just turn your computer off. MMO gaming is not for ppl like you, you obviously should be more cold-minded.

whatevs nubs:rolleyes: keep on keep on lookin' like a tard.
  • Kunal - Eyrda
    Kunal - Eyrda Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Guys, guys. We're bards! We shouldn't be fighting each other with words! We're a family. So let's all make up and put aside our differences :)

Thank you for putting this guide together, it's extremely useful. I'm also extremely curious about your Water-Wind build (with Water as 'main'), and what are you thoughts concerning the Water-Light vs. Water-Wind tree?

I need to go somewhere soon, but check back on this post to an answer! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Belbug - Storm Legion
    Belbug - Storm Legion Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Kunal inspired me to be a bard :rolleyes:
  • coldsadhungry
    coldsadhungry Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Thanks for the thread! This class sounds just like Red Mage from FFXI (there was actually a bard class in FFXI which was basically what this class sounds like but RDM had some melee skill as well. But end game, Red Mage was basically a buffer/support healer/debuffer) the which was the job I played in that and loved. No other MMO has managed to provide a job/class like it and I always really miss it so once I've finished downloading the game I'm going to go for bard and I'll use your thread to help me make my decisions - thanks Kunal!
  • Dreamlyre - Storm Legion
    Dreamlyre - Storm Legion Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Thanks so much for the time and effort you put into this! I really appreciate it! Made my transition to FW so much easier :)
  • Kunal - Eyrda
    edited October 2011
    Awww shucks you guys. You're making me blush <3:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Melodiin - Storm Legion
    Melodiin - Storm Legion Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Guys, guys. We're bards! We shouldn't be fighting each other with words! We're a family. So let's all make up and put aside our differences :)

Awww <3
    IGN: Melodiin
    Race & Class: Elf Bard
    Spec: Water Bard
    Level: 3X
    Sever: Storm Legion (PvE East)
    Guild: --
  • Olympous - Storm Legion
    Olympous - Storm Legion Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Do you mind putting up a build for the pure trees that you've finished? you can use this link;http://www.aesica.net/fw/ or http://fwinfo.co.cc/talentcalc/elf/bard.html#
  • Neylarya - Illyfue
    Neylarya - Illyfue Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Aw, can't wait for the Water-Light hybrid guide or Water-Light VS Water-Wind ^^
    Epic guide, keep up :D
    You gotta <3 Bards with their armors and builds xD
  • Harpnstuff - Eyrda
    Harpnstuff - Eyrda Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    thx for the guide man, it really helped me,
    i have 1 question tho, with the equipment and gems section, do i need that stuff at like lvl 30 or when i get to lvl 45+, plz give some feed back on this.
    thx :D
  • AgIaria - Lionheart
    AgIaria - Lionheart Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Can anyone put whats the best chord combo to do 1st in order depending of the tree

im light bard 33

so what combo to do first

CDC Surge
    DCD Aria Wind
    CEC Courage

since there's no threat that talks about it.
  • Kunal - Eyrda
    edited December 2011
    Can anyone put whats the best chord combo to do 1st in order depending of the tree

im light bard 33

so what combo to do first

CDC Surge
    DCD Aria Wind
    CEC Courage

since there's no threat that talks about it.

Updated the guide for your question. Check the misconception-studies part.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • patricius
    patricius Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    how much accuracy do i need for it to be enough in pvp?
  • Cysne - Lionheart
    Cysne - Lionheart Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2011

Really thank you for this guide!
    I helped tons to understand this class since Im pretty new in the game and im not sure what path to take ! :)
  • somorn
    somorn Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Is the water build up yet???? The calculator is back. :D
  • soldote
    soldote Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    This is a great and thorough guide. Thanks, Kunal! I am waiting for the Water-Light build :D I have a question, though. In your talent distribution for Water-Light, you put 30 on Wind and 15 on Water. Was that a mistyping or was that correct?? I'm confused.
  • micasaessucasa
    micasaessucasa Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Any word on the builds? Especially wind/water?

I can't seem to find Kunal's or Jigglypuff's builds anywhere :\
  • somorn
    somorn Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Same.
  • Allegretterio - Storm Legion
    Allegretterio - Storm Legion Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Awesome guide!
    Going to throw in some things from an originally full-light (up to 75) and then turned wind-light:

Fantasy doesn't stack. The highest level buff sits on top.
    Fantasy does, however, work like Courage, in that you feel your +20 eva where the other bard also feels their added. It doesn't give you their addage, or them yours.
    Having Solo of Wind and the later Light Tree insta-cooldowns, my cooldowns are redculously fast. I can stack three heals (Sonata of Life, all) in somewhere around 8 seconds. Two second cast time, think about it. ;)
    Light bards have the ability to have rediculously large survivability if you can time your skills right--in PvP you can survive forever while being mobbed or in PvE you can take Charlotte's AoE's as many times a row as she can toss. (I've seen her do a max of 5 before she turned to someone who actually knew how to run.)
    No matter what, though, bards have lots of static time. Doesn't really matter the build. So much time spent sitting staring at my buffs in the higher level because I have a PvE build and thus, all 4 of my party buffs are casted with all having +25 seconds still reamining... 'still time' in which I don't need to do anything.

I'm going to try to go for Light (up to rez), Wind (up to first skill + extra buff %+), and water (up to shield) for my hybrid build... it already sounds OP. <3

Anyway, awesome guide! Just thought I would add my 2 cents.

[ don't forget to add the light bards' NoR effect which gives 5% of my max HP back to me every time I get hit :) ]
  • Kunal - Eyrda
    edited May 2012
    Good morning. Back from my little nappy. Heard some crazy thing in the Nightfall patch, so I felt like I had to come back. :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ethersong - Eyrda
    Ethersong - Eyrda Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    This post of yours was extremely enlightening...it did me plenty good on complex bard builds. thanks:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hear you not the sound of the Wind?
    More gentle than a feather?
    Not be it Water, Light, this Hymn
    It is the Song of Ether.

Gentle as a summer breeze
    Skin Golden, white hair long;
    Blowing swiftly through the trees
    I am the Ethersong.

Current level: 60
  • Falchoir - Lionheart
    Falchoir - Lionheart Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Belated awesome job/welcome back, Kunal. :) But I demand you update that line about wind bards being easily one-shot. D:
    **Gone home to Tales Forum- follow at your own risk. T'was a good run, FW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    this spot in memory of my sister, who left after what was supposed to be a haven became a hell.
    I do not ask that we be worshipped or adored; all I ask is that you do not hate us.

Larale: Divine Priest - Falune: Light Bard - Falraine: Water Bard
  • Kunal - Eyrda
    edited May 2012
    Belated awesome job/welcome back, Kunal. :) But I demand you update that line about wind bards being easily one-shot. D:

I am actually overhauling this guide as we speak. Expect new graphics and info soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]