[Guide] All Things Bard.

Comments

• itsphii
    itsphii Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Psh, Jiggly is just partial to his tree. But as for the rating, I take a solo pvp score and a group pvp score and I average it. For wind it was 3 solo and 9 group.

But when I do put my light, you will see it is the worst of the pvp builds. Therefore, I recommend wind over light for pvp, mainly because if you are targetted first, you will be dropped QUICKLY.

Hm, i haven't really seen wind bard's full potential i suppose, since no one i know is a wind bard XD. I really do hope it's good in group pvp, and i believe it's amazing in pve with atk buff

-.- i just want to be a light bard with a SUPPORT pve pvp build. i'm not giving up

Edit: would a support light bard build be the same as a support pvp build?
  • cach
    cach Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Indeed! Can't wait for the Wind-Water guide ;D Thanks for making this!
  • itsphii
    edited July 2011
    r crit heal items even worth it?

Since the crit chance seems so low
  • sekkaja
    sekkaja Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Hello, you said you plan to get 400 evasion with water bard. I think i calculated once and i get only around 330 with Fantasy, priest + pet buffs, 2x eva idents gear and 4x lvl 3 gems. So thats around 70 evasion still missing....

And do you think its really worth for arena? I know its nice in PVE, but in arena not sure. With update, element wars get this -90 eva debuff AoE, and the pet skill reduce 20 or 24 %, makes me afraid of wasting money and ident-scrolls for eva stuff, if at the end i still get hit alot....
  • Jigglypuff - Eyrda
    Jigglypuff - Eyrda Posts: 605 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    sekkaja wrote: »
    Hello, you said you plan to get 400 evasion with water bard. I think i calculated once and i get only around 330 with Fantasy, priest + pet buffs, 2x eva idents gear and 4x lvl 3 gems. So thats around 70 evasion still missing....

And do you think its really worth for arena? I know its nice in PVE, but in arena not sure. With update, element wars get this -90 eva debuff AoE, and the pet skill reduce 20 or 24 %, makes me afraid of wasting money and ident-scrolls for eva stuff, if at the end i still get hit alot....

it is really possible, a bard on chinese server has it, he can walk in a fight. and walk out with maybe 1 or 2 hits on him. And if he gets hit the 30kmana he has heals him (with the water bard shield)
    and since kunal is a water/wind bard he gets more eva from fantasy
    we tested this together after sleep he goes up to almost 400eva ;)
  • Raecko - Storm Legion
    Raecko - Storm Legion Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I like playing a water-light for PVE. Light is good for support because instances are very popular and water is crucial for soloing and keeping up with the massive mana consumption. I started off in PVE pure light and realized quickly 1)I had no defense 2)I no attack 3)If I used mana to fix 1 and 2 I had no mana left to heal myself. I went back and divided up my talents. Water is nice because those skills help you with defense, attack, decrease the cost of attack skills and increase mana "absorbtion".

I do have to add that playing a bard in PVE does get a little frustrating. I feel, especially in instances, that people expect way too much from a bard when there is no priest in the party. While the healing skill (at least the one I have at my level) is AoE it costs about 500 mana for a little over 1000 health per person. Once you buff defense (using Majesty) you've spent almost 1000 of your total mana. This leaves the bard constantly guzzling down mana potions and heaven forbid you press a C chord instead of a D chord or everything is thrown off. Nevertheless, when the party is properly balanced playing a bard is fun and challenging.

If you have any suggestions for playing a bard in instances please PM me.
  • Steglinski - Eyrda
    Steglinski - Eyrda Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Hi, I'm a lost bard in need of some guidance :o.

I'm currently a pure-light level 40 bard, and I'm itching to switch to pure-water (dps, shield, etc).

I don't really know where to put my talent points so that they work to the full-potential, and was wondering if you (Kunal) would help, or anybody in that sense.

I have mumble and a microphone so I could do a VoIP chat.

:D
  • Uproar - Eyrda
    Uproar - Eyrda Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    hello sensei
  • Rihanael - Storm Legion
    Rihanael - Storm Legion Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    how did i miss this thread?! :eek:

awesome, definitely going to be checking back for updates.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aetolus - Eyrda
    Aetolus - Eyrda Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    But when I do put my light, you will see it is the worst of the pvp builds. Therefore, I recommend wind over light for pvp, mainly because if you are targetted first, you will be dropped QUICKLY.

I'm not saying light is great in pvp, my attacks feel like papercuts, but that doesn't mean you will always be dropped quickly. Be well geared and have your heals up and a light bard can be a tank.
  • itsphii
    edited August 2011
    kunal hasn't responded or updated for a quite a while :O
  • Jigglypuff - Eyrda
    Jigglypuff - Eyrda Posts: 605 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    itsphii wrote: »
    kunal hasn't responded or updated for a quite a while :O

i have no idea where he is either, havnt seen him in a while. :(
  • Aetolus - Eyrda
    Aetolus - Eyrda Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    i have no idea where he is either, havnt seen him in a while. :(

He hasnt been on game much either, maybe after the cap raise he will be more active.
  • schulz87
    schulz87 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    does wind bard heal well too? for lvl 40 instance is it better having a pure wind, pure light or a wind/light in a party better?
  • Steglinski - Eyrda
    Steglinski - Eyrda Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Well... Seeing as how Kunal hasn't been active for a while; is there anybody who'd be willing to help me construct a PvP waterbard talent tree?
  • PressOk - Storm Legion
    PressOk - Storm Legion Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Jiggly u should finish this guide
  • Lyzern - Illyfue
    Lyzern - Illyfue Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Anyone else seeing a pattern?
    Pure Support Bard Guide:

fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=171271

Vote for Flagging System/PvP Realms on PvE Servers:

fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=176141
  • Kunal - Eyrda
    Kunal - Eyrda Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Anyone else seeing a pattern?

May I ask what this pattern is? :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PressOk - Storm Legion
    PressOk - Storm Legion Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Yeeeaaahhhh the bard guru is back but from readin this it seems that the water bard is the best of the 3 its strong in pvp and pve with high dps and use low mana.....oh wat do u think about the new patch?
  • Kunal - Eyrda
    edited August 2011
    Yeeeaaahhhh the bard guru is back but from readin this it seems that the water bard is the best of the 3 its strong in pvp and pve with high dps and use low mana.....oh wat do u think about the new patch?

I actually have not experienced the new patch for myself, as I have not been playing. I also will not be playing until the talent calculator is back up and because I am starting my school very soon, and I want to be successful. Plus, I need a break from some crazy stuff happening in my life right now ( reason why I left). But I heard that light bards are becoming more common and wind bards are disappointed in their AoE?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NoKotowari - Eyrda
    NoKotowari - Eyrda Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I actually have not experienced the new patch for myself, as I have not been playing. I also will not be playing until the talent calculator is back up and because I am starting my school very soon, and I want to be successful. Plus, I need a break from some crazy stuff happening in my life right now ( reason why I left). But I heard that light bards are becoming more common and wind bards are disappointed in their AoE?

Yes light bards and Water bards are more common but light bards take the cake, also some of our fellow bard players have friends in KR FW who told us that the Wind bard AoE "Requiem" isn't very powerful, its more like an epic debuff AoE spam but the damage is child's play. :) i hope all is well with you and your life I'm also starting school in a few weeks and FW will be put on the back burner till Xmas, yep RL before a game.:D
  • Esilyn - Eyrda
    Esilyn - Eyrda Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2011

I changed to pure wind when I hit 70, just before the patch.

As for the wind AoE, I've not tested it out yet, considering its a level 75 skill.

Anyhow, I can tell you why there are more light bards.

Forgotten Prison - Lv70-74 gear instance.
    It simply CANNOT be done if you are not light. A water bard MAY survive, but with a wind bard? Forget it.

I went with the proper protocol for this instance:
    -2 AoE (in this case, we had 2 Mage)
    -1 Priest
    -1 Tank (in this case, we had a Warrior)
    -1 Off-tank (in this case, we had an Assassin)
    -1 Off-heal (in this case, we had a wind Bard: me)

It failed during at the second boss.

Our procedure with such a party was the two mage and myself had to steer clear of the boss (we stayed in the circle room, near the chair) to kill the mobs that spawn every so often.
    Now the tank, priest and off-tank had to be in the corridor before the room, where they had lured it, and try to kill it.
    The spawn rate of the mobs increase and with that, it got too much for one of the mages and we were down to one mage and one bard to heal the mage.
    Considering I'm a WIND bard, my heals were not strong enough, nor were they fast enough, nor do I have better Baptism, etc., to be able to sustain the lives of the two mage.
    Once both mages dropped, only did I die.
    No, sleep does not work. Q_Q

So, in any case, it is because of ONE STUPID INSTANCE that will force every bard at 70 to switch to light. There simply isn't any other option.

I believe we will be giving this a second go with the same party protocol, however, we will be substituting an AoE with a glacial priest.

If this fails, then it simply CANNOT be done and we well all need to re-spec to light until 75.
    We may need to find out what the 75+ gear instance is like in order to properly judge this.

I hope this answered your thoughts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • semuta
    semuta Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    there is no lvl 75+ gear instance, and I'm sure there wont be any in the near future.

and about forgotten prison. dont believe people saying that it can be finished only with pure light bard. obviously, you know why they want light - just because light have combat res. but who needs combat res with good priest? :p
    it's not just some theory, it's a proven fact. I've done full prison run yesterday with my water/light build (29/25), and pretty sure there is a party which finished it with wind (or hybrid too) bard.
    Bard 70+, NewOrder
  • NoKotowari - Eyrda
    NoKotowari - Eyrda Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    semuta wrote: »
    there is no lvl 75+ gear instance, and I'm sure there wont be any in the near future.

and about forgotten prison. dont believe people saying that it can be finished only with pure light bard. obviously, you know why they want light - just because light have combat res. but who needs combat res with good priest? :p
    it's not just some theory, it's a proven fact. I've done full prison run yesterday with my water/light build (29/25), and pretty sure there is a party which finished it with wind (or hybrid too) bard.

Ty the thread i opened wasn't given any constructive answers but u cleared my confusion on this question. :)
  • divaneverdivo
    divaneverdivo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011

The Way of a Light Bard.

Gear that you buy should possibly have:

HEAL EFFECT SHOULD ALWAYS, ALWAYS BE PRIORITY!
    Accuracy
    Health
    Mana
    Heal Crit Chance
    Super Healing Effect

Gems

Gems that you need the most:

Eagle-Eye
    Bloodstones
    Azurecloud
    Mistshroud
    Solarflare

Talent Build.

Other Significant Findings.

☼ Light-Wind ☼

☼ Light-Water ☼

first of all. THANK YOU for the awesome life saver guide.

I have just 1 doubt.

For PVE,

Should I also add Evasion and Accuracy gems?
    Or put some mana/Hp/Def gems?

And if yes, why?
    I am not so sure about what to add on my gear.

thanks!
  • Kunal - Eyrda
    edited August 2011
    first of all. THANK YOU for the awesome life saver guide.

I have just 1 doubt.

For PVE,

Should I also add Evasion and Accuracy gems?
    Or put some mana/Hp/Def gems?

And if yes, why?
    I am not so sure about what to add on my gear.

thanks!

Sorry for not clarifying this earlier, but DO NOT GET EVASION OR ACCURACY for PvE. They are PvP oriented gems made to help players live longer from other players or to nullify higher evasion. I do reccomend HP/MANA/DEF because they will help GREATLY with bosses and all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sixthal - Nyos
    Sixthal - Nyos Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2011

HYPOTHESIS: When in a party with two or more bards, their buffs will stack.

CONCLUSION: Bard buffs stack, but not as a double effect. For Courage, two bards of the same tree and level will feel no difference. A wind bard and a light bard do feel a difference however. The way the buffs actually work is that either bard may get an extra 100 attack which is not much at all, and if you watch your attack closely, the two buffs are fighting for survival. For Majesty, the buffs do stack, but they stack in a way that you get the other bards bonus defense, and the other bard gets yours. For Baptism, it flat out stacks. We will test out Fantasy when both us hit 70, but we have a feeling it will be like Majesty. Also, "stacking" does not work with more than 2 bards.

(Proven by Kunal and Jigglypuff)

[/COLOR]

Can someone explain me a thing? I don't really understand the Courage situation.

For example: i'm a pure wind and i'm in party with a light one. If he cast courage and, before the end, I cast mine what appens? My courage substitute his or I only take his active?
  • divaneverdivo
    divaneverdivo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Sorry for not clarifying this earlier, but DO NOT GET EVASION OR ACCURACY for PvE. They are PvP oriented gems made to help players live longer from other players or to nullify higher evasion. I do reccomend HP/MANA/DEF because they will help GREATLY with bosses and all.

:) awesome. Thank you very very very much!
  • SkyeSong - Lionheart
    SkyeSong - Lionheart Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Can someone explain me a thing? I don't really understand the Courage situation.

For example: i'm a pure wind and i'm in party with a light one. If he cast courage and, before the end, I cast mine what appens? My courage substitute his or I only take his active?

Your stronger courage will overwrite his. It will begin stacking 1-2-3-4-5 again.
  • Sixthal - Nyos
    Sixthal - Nyos Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Your stronger courage will overwrite his. It will begin stacking 1-2-3-4-5 again.

Oh... I see. Thank you!