Tuneless Sound...yeah~

Demyx - Storm Legion
Demyx - Storm Legion Posts: 387 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Bard Discussion
So, as I'm sure every bard knows...Tuneless Sound is a rather fickle spell. For those who haven't read, it has a random element assigned to it meaning it's damage isn't fixed in any one element.

I personally perceived this to mean that it could sometimes be water damage, sometimes wind and sometimes light. I'm not quite sure since we're the only class I believe who gets a random element skill.

With that perception in mind...I would like to see how many of us would like a means to SEE what element that skill hits with. The proposal would be a simple color change to the damage that shows up when you hit a mob or player with it. Gold (much like what we have already) for Light, Green for Wind and Light Blue for water. This way at the least we can tell what element we just threw at what we were fighting.

Frivolous...perhaps, but not without its logic.
Post edited by Demyx - Storm Legion on
Part of the fun of playing the game is wading through 98% of the idiots and trolls to find the 2% who you enjoy playing with.

Comments

• Jigglypuff - Eyrda
    Jigglypuff - Eyrda Posts: 605 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    why would they do it? its only a skill you use in the start for when youre chords are on cd. At later levels you just dont use it at all (i dont, and every other bard i know doesnt)
  • Demyx - Storm Legion
    Demyx - Storm Legion Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I'll use it while my C skills are on cooldown (I won't put CD, that'd confuse me too much ^^; ).

I also use it since of all my skills it has the highest bonus damage (twice as much as my other chord skills) and when I'm out killing mobs it hits them harder. >.>

... ...

Don't take my frivolous complaints away Jiggly! Give this to me!!
    Part of the fun of playing the game is wading through 98% of the idiots and trolls to find the 2% who you enjoy playing with.
  • Aetolus - Eyrda
    Aetolus - Eyrda Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I agree with both Jiggly and Demyx. I don't use this skill anymore, but I have often wondered what damage I was doing with it. It would be nice to have it in the combat log. In fact, it would be nice to have all elemental damage recorded in the combat log in general.
  • iamfaceroll
    iamfaceroll Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    With Red Hand, i've hit people for over 10k dmg with this spell.

Lets just say, use ur sleep, collect ur red hand, and if the enemy is still asleep, your very first attack blast this heavy spell.

As for why i dont use light sonata, its because firstly i dont have the spell, secondly, my light mastery is low, so i'll take a chance on this attack being water.
  • Jigglypuff - Eyrda
    edited July 2011
    light sonata and rhapsody of wind hit the same ammount for me so id rather use those and keep my buffs going then some skill that doesnt help me get buffs up.
    (but then again i do realize that some gear/gem builds may not have the same effect wich results in tuneless sound hitting the hardest)
  • iamfaceroll
    iamfaceroll Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    light sonata and rhapsody of wind hit the same ammount for me so id rather use those and keep my buffs going then some skill that doesnt help me get buffs up.
    (but then again i do realize that some gear/gem builds may not have the same effect wich results in tuneless sound hitting the hardest)

Light Sonata i agree can do the same dmg, cause they're both 2s cast spells and have the highest bonus dmg among all our spells.

But i dont think rhapsody dmg is on par with these 2 spells especially when under red hand, cause the spell coefficients is just lower.
  • Jigglypuff - Eyrda
    edited July 2011
    im a wind bard with 150% (100+ 20% from talents + 30% from the chord of wind i cast before it) base damage on rhapsody of wind so it hits as hard as tuneless and light sonata.
  • Caadeence - Lionheart
    Caadeence - Lionheart Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I use it all the time O.o -70 water resistance for 30 sec for level 8 skill, lolz...
    Also you would wanna use it if you wanna do a certain buff but skills are on CD. For example E chords takes longest for me to do. I dont wanna f*ck up a combo by using an other chord that I don't need right now, so I throw in Tuneless sound here and there.
    But other than that, meeh to the OP =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jigglypuff - Eyrda
    edited July 2011
    maybe because im wind i never run out of cd's and can just constantly buff. i can do all the buffs (except the one from talent tree) at once (not that ice wind has any use but it happened to me)
    But maybe we should start a thread with youre skill combination and talent tree so we can see whats up xD

http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=2461911#post2461911