I have a major question concerning Priests

Alyssian - Illyfue
Alyssian - Illyfue Posts: 237 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Priest Discussion
For duelling, i somehow feel we're a bit overpowered. I'm a priest that has 9 fail points in the glacial tree (because i'm stupid, deal with it) and everything else into divine.

I was questing in a PvE server, just self buffed + some of my own normal buffs, and i came across a level 51 mage with buffs as well.

I requested a duel because i was bored. He agreed. He was 4 levels higher than me, and a mage, so i thought i would get a real **** wooping.

I won. O_o. Urhm....what i did was heal myself when i was dying with a stock heal, then AoT immeditely afterwards, while my pet dealt some mediocre damage before dying ( i don't know when)

I haven't used pots, or anything, just attack and heal.

So what i'm really wandering about is= Are we a really as weak as we think, or...

Last note, after i whispered good game, he said lame healing. O_o.
Post edited by Alyssian - Illyfue on

Comments

• FreakyPriest - Nyos
    FreakyPriest - Nyos Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Yeah priests are kinda OP in duels since other classes aren't allowed to use their heals(read pots). If you duel against another heal spec though, it usually turns into a fight who runs out of mana first. In actual PvP with pots Divine priests kinda lack damage, unless they get redhand. They're still a pain in the **** to take down though, especially with the lvl 55 shield.

And don't worry about the lame healing, most of the time when people lose they say something like that. Same with Sins often, they're not allowed to stealth in duels, I mean wth, it's one of their skills, let them use it.
  • Alyssian - Illyfue
    edited May 2011
    So with priest and priest duels is like MANANANANANANMANANANANNA dead...

hmm....
  • Patty_ - Eyrda
    Patty_ - Eyrda Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Duels are just duels, and afaik you can (the game does allow it) use any potions and skills in duel.
  • FreakyPriest - Nyos
    edited May 2011
    Duels are just duels, and afaik you can (the game does allow it) use any potions and skills in duel.

Of course the game allows it, but if you use pots in a duel 90% of the people will start whining about how you used pots in a duel blabla. Someone once shouted: "No pots in duels!" and since then it's been kind of an unwritten rule in every mmorpg I played and FW is no exception.
  • Patty_ - Eyrda
    Patty_ - Eyrda Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Next time I duel I will pot like a hell to break this so called rule :) Join me if you like.

(I actually pretty much won't, because I don't duel... But I will tell others to use potions...)
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    Luciferia - Illyfue Posts: 3,982 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Pots not being allowed in duels is just stupid. If the game allows them then they are allowed, period.

Though it certainly doesn't hurt me. As a healer myself I do little damage, but with no pots I can heal myself again and again while I slowly chop down the hp off the opponent, without worrying if they can heal faster than I can damage them... and they eventually die with me at full hp:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FreakyPriest - Nyos
    edited May 2011
    Pots not being allowed in duels is just stupid. If the game allows them then they are allowed, period.

Though it certainly doesn't hurt me. As a healer myself I do little damage, but with no pots I can heal myself again and again while I slowly chop down the hp off the opponent, without worrying if they can heal faster than I can damage them... and they eventually die with me at full hp:D

Well for some reason 9/10 people don't think like that :P
    Try dueling with a non healing class and pot, you'll see 9/10 people will call you noob potter or something along those lines.

Well it's kinda the reason why I don't bother dueling, if you win you're noob for doing something that was somehow disallowed according to the loser and if you lose you're a noob for losing.
  • YggdrasiI - Storm Legion
    YggdrasiI - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Most people scream don't use pots because they just don't to "waste" their resources on a duel. However, I'm going to use them anyway, so I'll choose when to.

Including in a duel, should I feel like it. Deal with it. :D

Seriously though, most people just don't want to waste the money, resources, extra or have a ridiculously long fight (Priest VS Priest w/ pots; becomes a who runs out of pots first). Therefore, they restrict everyone to those same rules.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[YOU- drah- sil]
    If you want to shorten my name, don't call me 'Ygg.' Call me 'Mana.'

Grandia: Unity ☆ Teamwork ☆ Friendship I]grandia-storm.com/[/I
    ~~~~~~~~~~{ Never get left behind again. }~~~~~~~~~~
  • Tsukiyo - Storm Legion
    Tsukiyo - Storm Legion Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    divine priest is not OP, a lot of people don't know to farm
    for wrath orbs which is usually the way to win. Warriars, sins, MM, mages, and vamps just need 3 orbs to out DD your heals. A shield requires more wrath or timing to kill in the 10 seconds of cooldown after it wears off.

The support roles bard, protector and priest need more wrath (usually red hand) than DDs to outdamage your heal. If they are dps/dph spec (water, diamond, and glacial (dunno about rebel) they fall under the DD type then.

The way to win as divine is to farm the wrath orbs before the other or whittle down the other if they can't heal.
  • Onomatomania - Illyfue
    Onomatomania - Illyfue Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Yeah priests are kinda OP in duels since other classes aren't allowed to use their heals(read pots). If you duel against another heal spec though, it usually turns into a fight who runs out of mana first. In actual PvP with pots Divine priests kinda lack damage, unless they get redhand. They're still a pain in the **** to take down though, especially with the lvl 55 shield.

And don't worry about the lame healing, most of the time when people lose they say something like that. Same with Sins often, they're not allowed to stealth in duels, I mean wth, it's one of their skills, let them use it.

Stealth is no use in duels anyways. When someones goes into stealth in a duel I just start running around until the stealth works out, then quickly retarget them and start spamming skills, since a person in stealth can only walk really slow anyways, so they can never reach me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alyssian - Illyfue
    edited May 2011
    divine priest is not OP, a lot of people don't know to farm
    for wrath orbs which is usually the way to win. Warriars, sins, MM, mages, and vamps just need 3 orbs to out DD your heals. A shield requires more wrath or timing to kill in the 10 seconds of cooldown after it wears off.

The support roles bard, protector and priest need more wrath (usually red hand) than DDs to outdamage your heal. If they are dps/dph spec (water, diamond, and glacial (dunno about rebel) they fall under the DD type then.

The way to win as divine is to farm the wrath orbs before the other or whittle down the other if they can't heal.

I meant priests in general. I have a really bad hybrid.
  • Tsukiyo - Storm Legion
    Tsukiyo - Storm Legion Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    glacial and rebel aren't OP either. Their heals are slower due to cooldown. Of course harder to fight against since they are killers now, they are still killable with the right tactic. You can be much more offensive against them due too slower heals and no shield to worry about.