test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FW *FIX* Start after clicking Start

Luno - Storm LegionLuno - Storm Legion Posts: 5 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Technical Support Zone
Update by Darthpanda16 September 2, 2011: If you have trouble running the game once you click Start, you must have a Windows Admin account to run and play the game.

[One of these fixes are guaranteed to work(95% im sure..), you most likely do NOT have to reinstall your game, so stop right now! Check that all files have been verified though. And continue reading :D Happy playing all!]

After having this problem myself and going through countless threads finding answers everywhere, and then the few people that have this problem are left with it. Support tickets are getting unanswered or only half answering it. Because of this issue, I went in a search to find a solution, but before I post the final solution I came to, ill post several other solutions I found.

First things first!

Update your drivers.. its the easiest fix!

Verify all your files!
Its long.. but worth it :D

The Admin Fix

If you have UAC or need to run programs as an admin you can try this, its safe to double check and try this step anyways!
Go to C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Forsaken World\
Which is:
1) My Computer
2) Local Disk C:
3) Perfect World Entertainment
4) Forsaken World
Then RIGHT click patcher.exe and switch the following user to YOU(admin) and start it up after pressing okay

The Resolution Fix:

There are two ways you can access settings!
In-Game and in the Patcher

Please check patcher because for some odd reason if you check your resolution settings they get reset and this is a possible fix to your game.exe not showing up!

The DEP Method:

DEP(Data Execution Prevention) Prevents what it thinks is harmful to the computer, and FW, being an MMO and having internet access to 3rd party servers and such can commonly cause such problems, have no fear FW is not trying to hack your computer and watch you eat your cookies through your webcam.

There are two fixes to this.

The first is to add an exception to the following files:

"game.exe" - C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Forsaken World\update\game.exe
"patcher.exe" -C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Forsaken World\patcher.exe

To do this follow these steps:

1) Click My Computer
2) Right click the white space in My Computer and click Properties
3) Click Advanced System Settings
4) Look under the Advanced Tab
5) Click Settings under the field named Performance
6) Click the Tab labeled Data Execution Prevention
7) Select the Radio Button labeled "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:"
8) Click "Add..." and add those two files
9) Restart your computer

The second method is to disable DEP completely(not recommended if you do not understand the effects), here's how:

1) Run Command Prompt as Administrator (search for "cmd.exe")
2) Type the following in:
bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff
3) You should see "The operation completed successfully". Close the Command Prompt.

TO UNDO:

Same as above but instead type:
bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOn.

The Video Method:

This is for all you people that have slow computers and cant load much all at once. This is a fix only if you can click start and then crash.

Go to:

C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Forsaken World\maps\login\video1.mpx

Change the name of the file video1.mpx to any other name such as "video1_skip.mpx"

The Senseless Solution:

I call it that because I don't understand how it could have possibly worked!

Go to:

C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Forsaken World\update\game.exe

Rename game.exe to any other name
EX: works.exe

NOTE!: This is a temp fix, meaning if the game needs an update you must first launch the patcher and patch the game then redo this fix, probably.., then play by clicking the renamed game.exe

Tab Method:

Reported by an unknown user as a fix, I don't know if it works.
Open the patcher.
Click different tabs on the launcher such as Support.
Immediately after, click start.

The F-Secure Fix

Some of you may have F-Secure, its incompatible with FW!

But there's an easy fix however keep in mind this will stop F-Secure till you restart it or you computer.

1) Open task manager
2) Under the Processes Tab check "Show processes from all users"
3) Search for FSGKHS
4) If you can't find it please look under the Services Tab
5) Stop it and continue playing :D

The Update Fix

No one really wants to do it.. but sometimes you just have to!
Updating Windows with all the NECESSARY Updates might just fix the problem :D
Although I'm not so sure for Win 7 Users(me..) but for you xp and vista users this could be a fix, just update your computer.
(If you don't know how just click start>search>type in "Windows Update")

REMEMBER TO REBOOT AFTER
Turning Off UAC can also help
(Start>Search>"UAC" then click turn off)

The Restore-Point Fix
Going back to a restore point might just fix your problem!
To do so: (using Win7)
Start > Search > "Restore" > Click System Restore > Choose a date that wasnt too long ago :D

The Final Fix:

Still working on it :P
I need others help though

Start the Game.
Open Task Manager.
You'll see 2 game.exe.
Click the one that's using less memory and end it.
The other game.exe should still be there.
Wait it out :D

After starting the game and going to Task Manager, i see 2 game.exe instead of one.
You CAN NOT run 2 clients at once, so this is another problem and it slows down the pc
A fix is stop one game.exe but not the other.

EDIT:
Sometimes there are 3 game.exe
If you close one, it'll close another as well, and there will be a single game.exe
After waiting a few minutes it'll work!

~~~~~~~~~After 2-5 min passed....~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you check your Task Manager there is only 1 game.exe?!?!!?
Maybe we just need to wait it out to start.

EDIT!!!! I GOT IT TO WORK!
Well before I tell you how just know that I'm running Windows 7 x64
All the specs for my comp already allow this game to work

Fixes that did NOT work for me.
DEP completely disabled
Video File Name Changed
Tab Method

After all those efforts, I update Windows, started the game and it works :D

If your running Windows 7 x64 and the above fixes don't work please update Windows.
Post edited by Luno - Storm Legion on

Comments

• jshdae920jshdae920 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Might also want to mention updating windows. I had tried all of those above solutions to no avail, but updating from SP1 to SP2 did the trick for me. I plan on updating to SP3 soon and hopefully the game will still run.
  • Daedron - EyrdaDaedron - Eyrda Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Was playing with no problem a lil more than a month now, this **** happened today and I cant seem to get in now. Nice thread too bad none of the fixes worked for me.
  • Luno - Storm LegionLuno - Storm Legion Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Was playing with no problem a lil more than a month now, this **** happened today and I cant seem to get in now. Nice thread too bad none of the fixes worked for me.

Sorry about that.. Did you also try updating Windows?
  • Daedron - EyrdaDaedron - Eyrda Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Well i got it to work. For me I had to hit start menu, go programs, then perfect world folder. In there right click on Forsaken world icon and hit Run As". Then when interface pops up switch it to "The following user" being your admin screen name and click ok. The launcher worked for me after that.
    edited April 2011
    Well i got it to work. For me I had to hit start menu, go programs, then perfect world folder. In there right click on Forsaken world icon and hit Run As". Then when interface pops up switch it to "The following user" being your admin screen name and click ok. The launcher worked for me after that.

Adding it to the list :)
  • darthpanda16darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Great list!! I think I shall stickie this!

And unfortunately all of these are not guaranteed to work, but hopefully they can help some of you! :D
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • alxandrthegreatalxandrthegreat Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I still can't get the game to run. I've updated my system, and verified game-files. And also, when I start the game I get 2 processes, and ended the one with least memory-consumtion, and waited like 15 min, still nothing. It just hangs around there using an entire core of my CPU.

[Edit]
    Ok, so after turning off UAC and rebooting, the game just magically worked :). I'm guessing it's the rebooting-part. You should add that in BIG LETTERS or something to the list, cause it's a supersimple fix. I'll try turning on UAC later and let you know how it went.
  • el3nanyel3nany Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I did all all what u all said i updated my system , verifying , turned off fire wall and DEP and UAC all what u said and nothing happened when I start the game I get 2 processes, and ended the one with least memory-consumtion and waited loooooooong time and nothing happened pls if there is any another solution i would be glade to know it i cant even start the gaaaaaaaaaame :( :(
    edited May 2011
    I still can't get the game to run. I've updated my system, and verified game-files. And also, when I start the game I get 2 processes, and ended the one with least memory-consumtion, and waited like 15 min, still nothing. It just hangs around there using an entire core of my CPU.

[Edit]
    Ok, so after turning off UAC and rebooting, the game just magically worked :). I'm guessing it's the rebooting-part. You should add that in BIG LETTERS or something to the list, cause it's a supersimple fix. I'll try turning on UAC later and let you know how it went.

Sorry i automatically assumed that part D:
    I put it in :D
    el3nany wrote: »
    I did all all what u all said i updated my system , verifying , turned off fire wall and DEP and UAC all what u said and nothing happened when I start the game I get 2 processes, and ended the one with least memory-consumtion and waited loooooooong time and nothing happened pls if there is any another solution i would be glade to know it i cant even start the gaaaaaaaaaame :( :(

Did you reboot after the update :D
  • sigurdzssigurdzs Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Nothing of this works, I think Im just going to find another MMO while PW sorts this mess out. I hate when epic gameplay videos, screenshots and reviews of games like these tease me.
    :( :( :( :(
  • namaforumnamaforum Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Just want to share..
    Mine did not work at first after finish installing it..
    so i followed the guide at 1st page..this is what i done..

1. DEP off for patcher and game exe as stated in 1st page
    2 .Restart
    3. Run patcher as admin etc2..--and start(previously nothing appear).
    4. Follow the senseless solution-->change the game to games.exe(in update folder forsaken world)
    4.Run patcher again --> and start
    4. I get failed to enter game.
    5. Then double clicked games.exe in update folder forsaken world

6. It runs and im able to enter the game..

p/s when im in game i wasnt able to alt tab tho.. still figuring out why, well just want to share this
    after restarting client i was able to hehe cheers

perhaps sooner we can get solution of how to enter normally cheers~
    edited May 2011
    guys I DID all what u said all nothing happened the problem is still occurs no changes nothing new happened i press start nothing happened in 30 sec then the launcher disappear nothing else i cant find it in applications in task manager just in processes and 2 game.exe this alllllllllllllllllll what happens i really want to find a solution pls any one can help
    edited May 2011
    guys I DID all what u said all nothing happened the problem is still occurs no changes nothing new happened i press start nothing happened in 30 sec then the launcher disappear nothing else i cant find it in applications in task manager just in processes and 2 game.exe this alllllllllllllllllll what happens i really want to find a solution pls any one can help

windows 7?
    edited May 2011
    i checked my graphic driver to see any updates it says it is already the latest but as i go to nvidia and let them check my system they have 1 new driver update so i update mine and now im able to enter normally.
    edited May 2011

ur game not dissapear as it is still in process..rite?maybe it loading slow? did ur game.exe dissapear soon after too?
  • kajunam1kajunam1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Hi have the same problem, when I hit start, game.exe run, but FW never opens.
    But I have Alliance Valiant Arms from IJJI Reactor. I play alliance valiant arms for a while, then I close the game and open Forsaken World and its works .
    But u need at least play a map in Alliance Valiant Arms for FW to works.
    edited May 2011
    namaforum wrote: »
    windows 7?

no windows XP
    edited May 2011
    ur game not dissapear as it is still in process..rite?maybe it loading slow? did ur game.exe dissapear soon after too?

no just the launcher , and there r 2 game exe in processes and nothing else happens
    edited May 2011
    no just the launcher , and there r 2 game exe in processes and nothing else happens

uve tried stoppping one of the game.exe with lesser memory usage?
    edited May 2011
    uve tried stoppping one of the game.exe with lesser memory usage?

yea yea yea idid all attempts see the first subject in this thread , this all what i did imay did more than he said and nooooooo results :S
  • difi10difi10 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I have updated Windows 7 but when I press play it says failed to enter the Game

what should I do about it

I have all the games that pwi has released and can play them but not fw
  • aldersalders Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I've done everything listed here and even went and redownloaded the game and i still crash as soon as i hit play.
    edited May 2011
    yea yea yea idid all attempts see the first subject in this thread , this all what i did imay did more than he said and nooooooo results :S

u may want to try going to ur graphic card website and dowmload latest driver. If u manually check it through your system it may not detect new updates..as for mine i use tools at nvidia site and they check my system and i have new update which my system previously did not detect.

plus u may be doing multiple fix in one time..that also may lead to unsuccesful attempt.
    edited May 2011
    difi10 wrote: »
    I have updated Windows 7 but when I press play it says failed to enter the Game

what should I do about it

I have all the games that pwi has released and can play them but not fw

try change the game.exe in the update folder to somethiong else?games.exe perhaps and run the client, not the patcher..and also try the method above if u want to try to enter normally perhaps
    edited May 2011
    alders wrote: »
    I've done everything listed here and even went and redownloaded the game and i still crash as soon as i hit play.

a s soo n u hit start?did it provide any error or just dissapear like tat?
    edited May 2011
    try change the game.exe in the update folder to somethiong else?games.exe perhaps and run the client, not the patcher..and also try the method above if u want to try to enter normally perhaps

okay I'll try it
    edited May 2011
    i can play now

i did this ting to play the game

Go task manager
    Click''show all users process''
    End process f-secure gate keeper handler
    Open game, it should work.
    edited May 2011
    u may want to try going to ur graphic card website and dowmload latest driver. If u manually check it through your system it may not detect new updates..as for mine i use tools at nvidia site and they check my system and i have new update which my system previously did not detect.

plus u may be doing multiple fix in one time..that also may lead to unsuccesful attempt.

my card is belt in based on ram my ram is 2GB and card up to 512MB ATI Radeon 2100 so what can i do?
  • aldersalders Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    a s soo n u hit start?did it provide any error or just dissapear like tat?

Soon as i hit start, the game pops up and crashes right away with some game.exe error.
  • azurie1azurie1 Posts: 9
    edited May 2011
    none of the so called "fixes" have worked for me and i'm stuck with either attempting a reinstall of the game or waiting to see what FW comes up with for their own fix. Either way this game for me is now 100% unplayable.
This discussion has been closed.